Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
114 - 326 Aspen Glen Landing SW
Calgary, AB T3H 0N5Neighborhood:
Aspen / Strathcona / West Springs
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4036866731
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm - Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: James Delong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are pleased to offer catering for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please inquire with Jackie for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are pleased to host all types of special functions. Our Private Dining room accommodates 16 or we can book out sections of the restaurant or lounge. Please contact us for details . Please note that there is an 18% gratuity added to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie Campbell 4036866731
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are two TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games.
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
Redwater Rustic Grille’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Redwater’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. Canadian Coral, soft lighting, the contemporary lounge and the large glass wine cellar enclosing the private dining room; creates an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. Redwater is a proud recipient of the 2007, 2008 & 2009 Wine Spectator Awards. Dress: Smart Casual. Please note hats are not permitted in the restaurant and we do not have highchairs/booster seats or childrens menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (42)scenic view (36)great for outdoor dining (33)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (31)notable wine list (26)romantic (23)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Always a great experienceNadineDined on 10/25/2014We've been here a number of times and each time is as great as the previous! This time my sister and I "double dated" with our 2 youngers sons and the waitress was great with the kids...and the food was fabulous as always! The meatball appetizer is our favorite and my son couldn't believe how amazing the mac & cheese was that came with his burger. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceJehadDined on 10/24/2014The food was tasteless. I ordered the lamb shank with quinoa and it had no flavour. My friends food was just ok, but not hot. To add insult to injury, when I complained about the food, the manager took 40% of my meal. The food was 100% bad, not 40%. I ate a few bites, and could not continue. Also the table across from us with more people sat after us and got their food before us. I will NEVER go there again.
- leanjeanDined on 10/24/2014It was my son's birthday so we had dinner and at the end, he was treated to a lovely piece of cake. Service was very good. Only complaint was the music was too loud at first, but was eventually turned down. Great place to go for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJanetDined on 10/22/2014A great night out! The Beef Wellington was super, dessert for free as it was a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Good food, but ...CalgaryDinerWithFriendsDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed the food, but: * wine selected from the wine list was not available -- this is not the first time * wine prices seem higher than necessary ... seem to be 3x or more above list * food selected from the menu was not available -- how can this happen early on a Friday night * service, while very pleasant, was not timely Perhaps it would have been a better experience at some other time of day or some other evening, but we won't be back to find out. There are just too many others venues that please us better
- Thanks giving dinnerBananaDined on 10/11/2014We had a great evening dining at Redwater Rustic Grille. We ordered Chicken which was the best grilled chicken we had for a longtime. The ambience was exceptional. The server was great and friendly. Wine was just right for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu and foodRobertsonDined on 10/11/2014Much improved menu and food quality over last year. The service was very good as well.Special Features:
- 3 Times Strike OutStrike3Dined on 10/9/2014We have been to the other Redwater locations in Calgary and really enjoyed. This was the third attempt at the Aspen location, which is handiest for us, but each time now, mediocre service, 3 bottles of wine we asked for were not available and the food is definitely not as good as the other locations. Strike 3 we're out!
- Dinner or Lunch - greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Love coming here, and we do so often, have always had a great meal with quick, attentive, professional service.Special Features:
- Great improvementRobertsonDined on 10/3/2014We had virtually given up on this restaurant. We had eaten there at least four times (prior to 2014) and the food was always quite poor. While the service was good, the menu was poor and the food quality was poor. We were pleasantly surprised by how this restaurant has changed. The menu is great and the quality of the food was super. Shocked and pleasantly surprised. We are so glad we tried it again. Not sure what happened, maybe a new owner, new Chef???? Not sure but it is way better than it was.Special Features:
- FlameDined on 9/30/2014Not.a warm atmosphere. Our server was excellent, efficient and very pleasant. Food average. Wine prices (by glass) extremely high.
- Gluten Free Very Friendlyjmp1238Dined on 9/29/2014For me the restaurant was a good choice because except for three items everything on the menu can be prepared gluten free. My meal was most tasty and the special gluten free bread roll was delicious. When one has allergies, their attention to the problem is most appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redwater Aspen LandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014Redwater always pleases, I have always had good meals at any Redwater locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPJMfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Soups, lobster tacos, burger, steak, short ribs and carrot cake were enjoyed by every one in our party. Service was prompt and attentive. It was a busy night this past Sunday so the noise level was a little higher then usual but nothing that negatively impacted our dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverfoxDined on 9/27/2014Very nice atmosphere, excellent service, excellent food.....efficient and professional restaurant Received a free dessert as it was our anniversary! Nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014If a 'good' experience and 'good' food are what you are looking for then I would recommend. Nothing really stood out as above average, except the patio. The restaurant is quite nice inside. Service is unorganized and seems rushed. I have been told the Sunday Brunch is above average, so we may go back and try that. Hopefully the reviews will be 'great'!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The quality of food seems to keep going down each time we go. This past time was the last. We go with our kids, as it has usually been good food for all. We didn't eat two of the appetizers that we ordered because of the taste. The squid was absolute rubber, and we were never asked why we sent everything back. All we had to say was the wine was good. Even our kids sent back their desserts because it tasted funny - I tried it and it was like old ice cream! It is too bad, because it used to be one of our favorite spots to meet with our kids.Special Features:
- V V good!BeveDined on 9/25/2014A lovely place for a warm evening! Brought a friend from out of town - we sat on the patio and enjoyed a good meal/ Cobb Salad delicious as was the butternut squash pasta. Wine was refreshing, service friendly. White chocolate cheesecake the perfect topper. Will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, nice viewcalgarydinerDined on 9/24/2014We reserved a table for 5 through Open Table for a birthday dinner. Our reserved table was ready when we arrived, the service was prompt and friendly, the food was delicious and exactly what we ordered. The view from the restaurant and patio is nice, it looks West toward a pond that also has a waterfall. The one drawback to this restaurant was that we had to drive around the busy parking lot for a few minutes to find a spot on a weeknight (underground parking is also available). It is in a busy shopping complex with another restaurant quite close so you'll be competing with those diners for parking as well. Give yourself a few extra minutes to find parking and I'm sure you'll enjoy your dining experience at Redwater - Aspen Estates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Sunday evening dinnerZeusDined on 9/21/2014This was an enjoyable dinner on a Sunday evening. All aspects were very good (food, attentive service, ambiance). Our table location, by a window, was as I requested, and we were able to converse easily. I appreciated the wine person offering us a slightly more expensive bottle for the same price as the one I ordered, but they did not have. It was a very good wine. We've been there before, will go again, and would recommend to others. Bob ModraySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience in diningdinerdisappointedDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this location on a few occasions with similar results. The staff are friendly and helpful but follow-through is inconsistent, the music was too loud and several requests were made to turn it down, the server left us for long periods of time and when a promise was made to return it took far too long, the food came out inconsistently heated on the plate and was sent back by all four diners, the plates did come back hot but nothing other than an apology was offered and no manager came by until requested, not all promises made by the manager were kept and the cost of the meal was average for this type of restaurant but the lack of service and execution is definitely not worth the visit. Save your money and eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- Overall a good neighbourhood spot.AspenDwellerDined on 9/13/2014Overall this was a good place to go for a special meal. The staff were pleasant and the ambiance was good. Just a couple of hick ups during our meal...my drink had a fruit fly in it, and the refill of water is not automatic. The server did replace my drink when we showed her. We had to get the servers attention to both show her the drink and later on to ask for more water. In both cases we waited for some time, as we expected to see her come by the table to check on us, which she failed to do. Still a good experience, but a bit more attention to detail around service is probably worth reminding the team on.Special Features:
- Lost its appealTravelersDined on 9/12/2014This is the 3rd time we've been here. We like its close to where we live however we've noticed its food quality has slipped the last year. The AHI tuna I had was poorly done with a Cajun spice that was the farthest thing to compliment Tuna .. not sure how that every got approved to be served. We'll wait 6 months before returning and then only go for appies and wine to see if anything has changed for the better in food quality.Special Features:
- Good place to get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had blunch there on terrace. Waiter and waitress are very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed time greatly.Special Features:
- ServiceRunner28VIPDined on 9/1/2014Requests for simple things like parmesan cheese and bread were very slow. The cheese came near the end of the meal. It is too bad because we do dine at the Aspen location quite a bit.Special Features:
- A loud and disappointing evening!AdventuringoneDined on 8/30/2014Went with friends for what we'd hoped would be a quiet evening over the Labour Day weekend, and were very disappointed. The restaurant was almost full and it was very loud. Curiously, the music seemed to also be louder than usual, which only added to the lack of ambience. A woman at another table behind us was definitely not using an inside voice and so until she left, we were treated to most of her conversation. While the food was ok (not great) we won't be back! There are much better places to eat in the area where you don't have to shout over the din.
- NotquiteDined on 8/28/2014Acceptable venue without any outstanding features. Food is of a good standard generally but the menu seems planned for long term rigidity; after three visits in six months, there is little urge to return. Service overall is amateurish - at times invisible.Special Features:
- Amazing!degranaVIPDined on 8/26/2014When we arrived we found out it was $20 wine night. That is right $20 for a bottle of wine. The food and service was amazing. I can't eat gluten and they always do there are a lot of options for me.Special Features:
- rilloakDined on 8/23/2014had a great time here. the food was very good, service was excellent, we couldn't have been more pleased with our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave it another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014When this restaurant first opened in Aspen I was a frequent diner. It slowly changed as I felt that the dining experience was not worth the cost. Yesterday I thought I would give the restaurant another shot. I ordered a chicken sandwich with a side salad (no dressing). The sandwich tasted fine but the lettuce in the salad was slimy and wilted and so gross I couldn't eat it. We never saw the waitress until we were essentially done. I felt very uncomfortable having to say something but decided it best to point out the salad and she never asked whether I wanted a new one or even really acknowledged my issue. Lunch was $80 for two people and I thought I would get better service and food. Very disappointed.
- Comfortable patio locationFood4funDined on 8/17/2014Nice to go for the patio. Unfortunate, you can't make a reservation for the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNadineDined on 8/11/2014My 11 year old son loves this restaurant which in itself says a lot since he is a picky eater! The stuffed meatballs are his favorite and the service staff are always friendly with him! We will definitely be back to test out a few more menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNaHuDined on 8/8/2014I've been to this RedWater Grill several times. This time the service was extremely poor, food took 90 minutes from ordering with limited communciation except it was "coming" told to us repeadedly every 10 minutes or so. The food was obivously forgotten and rushed so that when sent it out it was less then adequate. I've worked in the industry and am familiar with occurrences such as this, I rarely send things back because I can understand how a Friday night can be so busy. However, my food was uneatable and I had to send it back. By the time my food was back everyone else was basically finsihed with what they wanted to eat. An additional 20 minutes for the VISA machine to pay. Over two hours was more then enough to want to leave
- Outstanding eveningHappyannDined on 8/8/2014This is by far our favourite Redwater Rustic Grill. The meal was outstanding and our guests from Arizona were very pleased. The service was very good and they were most accommodating to our requests for minor changes to our chosen entrees. The one complaint is that it was way too cold in there. Calgary does not seem to understand air conditioning and that there shouldn't be so much difference between outside and indoor temperatures; as quoted to me by an A/C specialist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac HeavenNomnomnomDined on 8/1/2014Except for three, RedWater offers every item on their menu to be made gluten-free. Food was fantastic overall. Great atmosphere! A little upscale, but not intimidating. Unsure if there was an alternate entrance for the Aspen Estates location, but we had to take stairs to get to the Hostess Desk - possibly not friendly for people with mobility issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Redwater Grill - AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014The food & service was terrific - the only disappointment was the weather, as we were really looking forward to sitting outside. I very much look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDay dinnerdlh8Dined on 7/28/2014New to Calgary, took my wife for her birthday. Her first time there, she loved it. The food, the service. The option while booking flowers on Open Table turned out to be a great touch, as they were sitting on the table waiting for her when we showed up. Between the manager, server and support staff, our glasses were always full and food arrived hot. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio perfectHappy2reportDined on 7/28/2014Lunch on the patio on a glorious day is hard to beat!Special Features:
- Aspen RedwaterYycSteakGuyDined on 7/26/2014Overall the restaurant is nice, new clean atmosphere, friendly waiter however the food does not warrant the price. Steak was tough, asparagus was undercooked and the roasted potatoes were stale and cold.Special Features:
- Great Patio SpotLuvwineDined on 7/26/2014Great Patio - both the food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.