Redstone Grill and Wine Bar
107 - 5018 45th Street
Red Deer, AB T4N 1K9Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Redstone Grill and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redstonegrill.ca/
- Phone: (403) 342-4980
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 9:00; Saturday: 5:00pm - Close Sunday - Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: A. Choriatis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please speak to Alex
- Private Party Facilities: Redstone can accommodate and provide for most private party & banquet needs. If you are hosting an event for 10 - 140 people, Redstone can accommodate. Private weddings, meetings, 25th wedding anniversaries, birthdays, dinners, tasting, you name it. Contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Choriatis 4033424980x
- Special Events: Happy Hour 4:30 - 7:30 Weekdays In The Lounge & Patio 25% Off Wine $5 Draught $4 Bottled beer * Excluding Innis & Gunn $5 Highballs $6 Cocktails
A word from Redstone Grill and Wine Bar
Redstone Grill & Wine Bar offers seasonal Canadian cuisine, an exclusive wine list, and live music every Saturday as the main attractions. The menu abounds with innovative. We also source many local and Alberta grown products. The atmosphere is upscale casual without feeling stuffy. The wine list and wine bar features over a dozen wines by the glass and about 60 bottled wines ranging from $29-$200 per bottle. As our guest you will experience carefully prepared and gracefully presented food, with service of utmost standards and quality. Share your love of dining with us in an upscale yet casual dining experience at Redstone Grill & Wine BarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Redstone Grill and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Red Deer ›
Redstone Grill and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (16)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pretty Average, was expecting more.ReviewerDined on 11/18/2014The place isn't bad, but from the website I was expecting more. My wife and I went for our anniversary we were seated at a booth, however the booths were designed quite awkwardly so you need to sit beside each other on the long edge of the table at the back of the booth. This is fine, but then you are looking out onto a bunch of the other restaraunt tables which happened to be pushed together for a large group when we were there. The booths were quite close to the other tables and it was like we were listening in on their conversation the whole evening. Drinks from the bar were excellent, and we both enjoyed our wine selection. The wine list was limited for a "wine bar" but seemed to be put together with care. I had a 12oz ribeye and my wife had the beef tenderloin, I ordered it rare, my wife ordered medium-rare. Mine came more blue than rare but that was fine with me, and my wife's was cooked perfectly to order. My steak, while cooked ok, was a fairly poor cut; it was very thin and had a lot of gristle rather than the soft flavourful fat you would associate with a ribeye. The tenderloin was a small medallion that I'd like to believe shrank quite a bit while it was being cooked because the portion that was presented was way to small to justify the price. ($36 for the ribeye, $39 for the tenderloin). All in all, you could do worse but there has to be better in Red Deer for the $$.
- GolferjewelDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated a 50th birthday which they gave us a room for just our party. Excellent time and food was great!! Biggest dispointment was the 18% gratuity on each check - be aware. Also, with having a later reservation, very few desserts available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Red DeerflipcanDined on 10/31/2014Redstone has the best steak in Red Deer. The ambience is generic at best, but the food does not disappoint. Try the Grilled Pear salad, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The prices are a little higher than other restaurants in Red Deer but for a nice place to go that a bit more fancy than others this is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodNightoutDined on 10/3/2014Just thought that we would try something new in Red Deer as we have been looking for good food. The waiter timed our meal perfectly. Had mussels in curry sauce and it was excellent. Had the chef platter for two. The tenderloin, lobster and shrimp were perfect. The chicken was a little dry but as thr other proteins were good this was minor. The rizzoto was creamy and labour full. The atmosphere does not match the food. The food is higher end than the suroundings. Tables are closer than they should be which makes it a little noisy. Go for the food it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative changeable menuGoonDined on 9/27/2014We always end up at Red Stone on special occasions. The food is very good albeit a bit heavy with sauces. They are always trying variations on their excellent risottos. Service is always good and you don't have to finish your bottle of wine as you can take the remainder home!Special Features:
- The little thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I wouldn't expect a restraunt that bills itself and charges top end prices to use paper napkins and not have table cloths 😕Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redstone is a gemFoodguyDined on 9/9/2014Great food selection with great staff. A must see when you're in red deer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Had an amazing dinner with my girlfriend. Service was quick. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Redstone Grill and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Our server and the food was amazing. It was an incredibly hot day that we were there and I wish that we had been offered to sit on the patio. We were seated in a booth for two which was nice, being as it felt like we were the only people in the restaurant- however we would have preferred sitting outside. The appetizers were fair sized and we shared two between us. I ordered the seared tuna and my husband had the stuffed chicken. Although at first look the portions look small, they are a suitable size. My husband and I were full after our meals.Special Features:
- Redstone disapointsFinediner1234Dined on 7/14/2014First and last time for me. Starting with the server who did not know the menu, could not explain some of the terms "demi" and did not know which items were gluten free and asked us to order first then she would check with the kitchen to see if they were gluten free. Mixing up the dishes between our 8 members at our table when serving. Food was hit and miss. Steaks were okay, a little tough but properly cooked. Shank of lamb was excellent. One of our dishes had a strip of plastic in the pasta (apparently it came from the plastic wrap covering the food in the kitchen) Yuch!! Almost no one in the place (I understand why after dining there) so it was dead quiet. For $25-$35 per entree I would expect a lot better!Special Features:
- Average food for high price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014We wondered why there was no one there, and yet we could not get a reservation for 7:00, so we went at 6:00. Turns out the food was average for the very high price for wine and the meal. It was our anniversary and supposed to be a special meal, but was disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was great, just hoped that there would have been a little more selection for appetizers.
- Fantastic dinnerfood2goodDined on 5/17/2014The steak was absolutely wonderful as was the rest of the items on the dinner plate. The recommended wine was very good and worked well with my steak. The chocolate mousse for dessert was fantastic. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandaDined on 4/24/2014The service was extremely slow. The waitress was very pleasent, no complaints about her. But we were one of two tables with people at the restaurant, I do not think it should have taken as long as it did to be served lunch. We all were sent out by our bosses for Administrative Professionals Day but ended up needing an extra half an hour or more on top of the hour we already have available for lunch. The food was excellent, but there is not very many options.
- Fair overallMisterRDined on 4/12/2014In retrospect I should have booked that dinner elsewhere. The staff were good, a few mistakes ie forgetting that one of the meals was to be done without the glaze because of the gluten in it, and we discussed it specifically when ordering. Then the meat cuts were very fatty and grisly. Thinking about the $600 we dropped for that dinner (there were a number of us), we could have had much better quality with half the price elsewhere; for example, I think it was $18 for a kids hamburger that was over cooked to be like boot leather. And then there is the mandatory 18% tip. Last time I check the encyclopedia a tip is a gift for good service - not a requirement of service. This will was the first, and will be the last time, we go there.
- Very Courteous but obviouslyTweakDined on 4/3/2014Very Courteous but obviously overworked waiter forget many requests and items. Food was mediocre (except shrimp soup).
- Good food, waiter not so goodKandL9Dined on 3/28/2014The food was excellent. We would definitely go back again for the food. The waiter could use a little coaching on customer service. First he offered the special to us but did not offer the price. The food we ordered came quickly and was very good. The waiter never came by to ask how it was. He also never came by with the ground pepper. He never asked if we wanted another drink. Even when he brought the bill he never asked how everything was. Also the music was too loud and not the kind of music you would expect in a romantic type of restaurant. It was kind of pop or light rock. I don't mind that kind of music, but it didn't fit the restaurant. Maybe some soft romantic music would have been more suitable played at a lower volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in Red DeerCareyDined on 3/14/2014This is a small restaurant. But it is well done. We ordered the surf and turf. It was really well done. The food was cooked perfectly. They make delightful ceasars. That said there was a hostess with ear buds in cleaning the bath room? odd. I would totally go back. I should add we took our kids and no one balked at us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missing...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014I have been to the Redstone several times, but it had been awhile. The service and food were good. But I guess I remembered it being better. I truly don't mind paying a lot for a great dining experience. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. I am sure it's hard to find a balance, but I enjoy taking my time to eat a good meal and visit with my dinner guest(s). I felt VERY rushed through my meal, and this irritated me. The food was good, but not great, and for what we paid, I expect great. In general, it was a nice meal, but I had come to expect more than just an average meal at Redstone. Moxies and other similar restaurants are about on par with what I experienced. I was disappointed, and not sure I'll be back.
- good food but poor hostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014When arrived for our reservation. We stood at the front door waiting to be seated. We probabely waited ten minutes to be seated. Thehost was not even paying attention. He was watching the hockey game as we stood and waited. If it was my restaurant I would have fired him on the spot. When he did seat us and we mentioned that we had been standing waiting for awhile. It seemed he didn't care. Even though the host was terrible, the waitress was good and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceFoodluverDined on 2/20/2014Had enuf service without it being annoying and not waiting too long for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for a table away from the barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Overall the experience (our third) was great, with one downfall..we were seated next to the bar where lots of people were ordering drinks that included grinding ice in a blender about 7 feet from our table. I almost had to ask for a different table. So if your booking a table and want to visit uninterrupted with your friends ask for a table away from the Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I had made a reservation weeks in advance for Valentines Day. I was disappointed by the "special" menu items that were selected and the limited menu options. Our experience was underwhelming and over priced.
- greensJimKathyDined on 2/14/2014We were very disappointed that there was no small salad of any kind offered with the surf and turf. Just meat and potatoes. All around it was cooked to perfection. Just could have used some green. @ $100.00 it could have had a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a gemShortsguyandsnarkVIPDined on 2/13/2014For Red Deer one of the few independents....nice change in menu Service was ok but better than mostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre valentine supperDinner42Dined on 2/7/2014Due to busy work schedules we went for an early valentines meal. The drinks were good and bar service was quick. The lobster risotto was creamy with plenty of lobster. Fettuccini was very nice. Lamb shank had plenty of meat that was fall off the bone tender. Server kind of forgot about us at the end of our meal though. We waited a long time to get our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, tables cozy.PickyeaterDined on 2/1/2014Nice atmosphere, tables cozy. Bruschetta appetizer great for sharing. The chicken & ribs is plentiful. Ribs were a little tough which was disappointing but the chicken was cooked to perfection and the home made fries gave a gourmet pub flavour. Decent value for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Food very pricey. Meal was presented well but was not anything special. Pasta had a very weird taste that stayed with me for two days. Halibut was good. Probably won't be back for quite awhile. Much better restaurants in Red Deer
- Great Food!!!EatwithAforkDined on 1/18/2014First time at the Redstone, great food! Nice, quiet atmosphere, polite staff. Highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointedBobMDined on 1/5/2014We had eaten here a few times before and I'm not sure what has happened to this restaurant but I highly doubt we will be going back. It started when they didn't have a wine that they always had. Then when we ordered the bruschetta they didn't have any. One of our friends ordered the burger that comes with fries. But wait. They didn't have any fries. Our waitress must have been new which is fine. But she was hovering so much we totally felt rushed as if we had to hurry up and be done. She even came back and asked my girlfriend if she was still eating when clearly she was. Overall it was such a frustrating dinner and wasn't worth the $160 we paid. We will not be returning.
- Overall dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/3/2014Overall dining experience was very good Prices were a little high in relation to the quality of foodSpecial Features:
- redstoneFROGDined on 12/31/2013We have eaten at this venue a few times in the past. While the food in the past has been excellent the presentation this evening was poor and for the price was less that what we would have expected from this establishment given the special time of year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodVSANDined on 12/27/2013Thank you for the opportunity to tell you about our experience. I have been to the restaurant on several occasions and found the food to be very good, but not so this time. Two ordered the reuben sandwich which was only average. Two ordered salads, one salmon and the other pear and brie. The salads were average. The salads came ten minutes before the sandwiches and the server would reach in front of a guest to give the plate to the guest. Sorry to give this review but you need to know. As well there was only two tables of guests at lunch time!
- Dec 23-13 visit to Red StoneckmbrownDined on 12/23/2013Mussels were amazing. Lobster Risotto had a very funny taste. Not something I would try again. Well done tenderloin, although harder to grill and keep moist, should still have some moisture, but was very dry Medium well sirloin, cooked and seasoned amazingly Server - Ingrid - confused, dazed, stood in middle of restaurant looking around while we waited for her to take our order. Blamed 'usually working lunch shift' for not knowing the menu. Walked by our table numerous times without acknowledgment. Was nowhere to be found after our meal, were shown the dessert menu by someone else. (this 'someone else' far exceeded Ingrid's level of service in the short 2 minutes she spent with us)Special Features:
- Night out with the tennis girlsLjlmDined on 12/19/2013Excellent food. Generous portions. Great service. My ribs were very tasty. Vegetables done just right. Good size portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2013The lobster risotto was amazing and any of the beef dishes are so tender you can cut them with a fork. I have recommended this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013This was our first Redstone experience, and we were pleasantly surprised! Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly, and had good flavor. It was a little loud for it to be romantic, but it was late on a Friday night in Christmas party season, so should have been expected :) We will Definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good with considerationsshadoshDined on 11/30/2013Overall very good.Staff have a tendency to seat you in the most convenient spot for them, not the client. I have been there twice and have asked to move twice because they sat us right beside the door. Not appropriate when I want a private interlude with my spouse on our 25th anniversary dinner. The reservation also illustrated that it was our 25th. This makes me think twice about returning as a repeat customer when the Redstone was fully aware that this was a special occasion. I made the request to move and after a small debate with the staff they finally agreed to move us. The redstone should consider this. It is not every day that I spend over $240.00 on a meal/entertainment. If I am going to spend that kind of money it better be right.Special Features:
- Birthday eventTannableDined on 11/26/2013When booking my table I asked to be seated in the lounge by the fireplace. Within three minutes my phone rings, it was Redstone. They wanted to ask if I would like a tall table or standard size by the fireplace. We are arrived and had the perfect table all set with linens. They great service and food make this the finest dining Red Deer has to offer.Special Features: