Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
155 National Plaza
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redstonegrill.com/
- Phone: 3018393330x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - Midnight, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
Spirited, Rugged, and Romantic, Redstone is committed to uncompromising food and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (144)great for outdoor dining (109)good for groups (58)special occasion (55)great for lunch (45)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (42)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (36)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (13)Show More
- SlowLikes2dineDined on 10/16/2014Unimpressed. Pricey menu. My meal was delivered an hour before the rest of our party of four. Pretty view but not worth the time or money.Special Features:
- They Treat You Well!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014From the time I walked in the door until the time we left, the hosts, servers, and bartender were all fabulous as was the food for our party of 5. We had a great view of the water and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok at National HarborLove2DineVIPDined on 10/12/2014Maybe just not a breakfast/brunch winner. Our server, Leigh, was lovely and competent, yet my simple request for an English Muffin was delivered incorrectly from the kitchen. I ordered scrambled eggs and felt they may have been scooped off the buffet vs. made to order. My husband said the hash browns were sticky - just too much added to them. We would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014This was my first time dining at Redstone. I enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- come for the burgers and friesFtWashLocalDined on 10/9/2014I've been to Redstone a couple times now and they seem to be inconsistent. They couldn't get the temperature right on my steak after 3 times the first time I visited for dinner, but they got my wife's ribs just right. But the two times I've gone for lunch (specifically burgers), I've been blown away. I'd say Redstone is my favorite burger in the DC area, and their fries are among the best I've had too. Start off with the cornbread, it'll change your world. I can't recommend any of the desserts as ground breaking, but they're not bad either. Service was great on this last visit, very attentive and accommodating. I will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Harbor joyChatterboxx1969VIPDined on 10/8/2014We were celebrating my Honey's birthday, and really enjoyed the experience. Redstone's staff was great--from the reception desk to the bar to the server and manager. We sat at the outside bar for cocktails before dinner. The bartender checked in with us to make sure we enjoyed our cocktails and talked to us about his technique to make it just right. For dinner, our server was very sweet, attentive and engaging. We both enjoyed the walleye prepared in different ways. The manager came over to check on us, and she was delightful. For dessert, my Honey's asked for bread pudding (a restaurant fav) and it was brought over with ice cream and fireworks! Really festive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceChuckVIPDined on 10/7/2014the food was good but the service was outstanding.
- ChuckDined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed Redstone American Grill and cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Nice New RestaurantDCMRobbyVIPDined on 9/29/2014This is a nice new spot in the National Harbor. The ambiance was great for a Monday night. We were seated quickly. We were told we would have one waiter and he never showed up and we wound up being waited on by someone else. Our alternate server was sweet, but it was just weird. Anyhow... on to the food, it was great. Sirloin was juicy and cooked to order. Garlic Mashed Potatoes were great! Crab Cakes were good, not great. For this area they need to be great to get a rave review, but they were worth ordering because they weren't overdone with filler. We'd definitely go back and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place..Great view! <3Ifinallyfoundher929Dined on 9/29/2014What a great find! The food was fantastic, the wait staff was very courteous, and the drinks were stout and strong. The view of the harbor was almost as nice as the gorgeous beautiful woman who was sitting by my side. I know we'll be back for many more special occasions in the upcoming future. Count on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotjaceDined on 9/29/2014I was at the Harbor for a conference, & the photo of the cornbread online is what prompted me to make a reservation. While the cornbread didn't prove to be as good as the photo, everything was very, very nice. Our waitress, whose name I cannot remember, was so sweet & accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View, Delicious FareWaltVIPDined on 9/26/2014Nice restaurant, but a bit overpriced for what you get and service was rather slow. Food was excellent, though, and the view dockside at susnset added to the ambience. We believe in second chances and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Parting is such sweet sorrow. ..1QueenBDined on 9/26/2014Love the Buffalo Shrimp. Excellent Burgers. Very good chicken wrap lots of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food need to work on servicehuntforfoodDined on 9/24/2014While the food was great the service left something to be desired. It took 20 minutes to get our first drink. The server did not know stop talking once we were ready to order he just get going. When we were ready to go he didn't listen when we all asked for the check. Despite the service the food was excellent and worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitRUTOYDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed another dinner at Red Stone. We came for our anniversary! It was another great dinner as we started with the spinach artichoke dip and then topped with the chicken flatbread pizza! The service was great again as well! Thanks Red Stone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F.N.L. Friday Night LivereallyDined on 9/19/2014Unbelievable atmosphere, must try the vodka and pineapple the corn shrimp chowder. the food is very good very romantic by the water actually a great place for Friday night or Saturday night hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, group of 4OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Had the buffalo shrimp appetizer - just the right heat and crispness. Then had the chicken Cobb salad, really good. We were seated near the rotisserie, so had to try some of that beautiful chicken. Waiter very patiently separated our bill out ( group of ladies).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglovetoeatDined on 9/18/2014Me and my co-workers had lunch here and we love the interior and the seating in front of the open windows are beautiful. We had outstanding service from Jimmy and his brother and the manager. Love the food. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMooreVIPDined on 9/17/2014The three of us thoroughly enjoyed our server who was very gracious and attentive. She served the food and beers promptly. The food (especially the turkey burger and cornbread) was delicious. The meatloaf was just so so and the portabello burger presentation was outstanding but mediocre tasting. The atmosphere outside was so great that we didn't want to leave. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much foofkmmtcgVIPDined on 9/15/2014Dinner for 10 was a great event. The only problem was the size of the portions. I only ordered an appetizer and couldn't eat but half! Of course, for others, that's a good thing.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantdcjemDined on 9/15/2014We went to Redstone for a birthday lunch and the experience was excellent. The ambiance is upscale and comfortable. I love the smell of the wood stove that permeates the restaurant. The water views are spectacular, the food is excellent and the service is excellent as well. The restaurant is fairly expensive so this is a great place to go for special occasions and group events. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClarkbarDined on 9/12/2014Certain tables inside of the restaurant has bad lighting. The music is kind of loud so it may be hard to hear people across from you at the table. Everyone in the restaurant has to talk loud to hear each other so it gets loud in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Neither of us had ever been there and were most pleasantly surprised with the food, service and atmosphere. The only criticism, and I don't know if it was on Open Table's site or the restaurant's site I was looking at while searching for a restaurant in National Harbor after seeing Cirque du Soleil Amaluna. Some place it said "Private Lot" for parking info. Not so at National Harbor location. Perhaps, that is provided at another location. So, we spent some time trying to get to this non-existent private lot.Special Features:
- good just missing a kickpowerlifeDined on 9/12/2014Our first time here. Ambiance was good, we ate in the deck overlooking the water...romantic setup. Service and food was good. All the area s I mentioned was good and on the verge of being great but it was missing something. Ambiance...if it wasn't for the muddy side we sat on; service - if they were a tad bit more attentive to detail; food - each bite was good but felt like it was missing that one thing...that kick to turn everything into great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to brag aboutchefmateDined on 9/10/2014A few people had talked about this restaurant inching pictures of food on IG. The waiter was ok. Food very overpriced and bland.Special Features:
- It was greatTheman11Dined on 9/10/2014The food and service was great. The jumbo shrimp was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceSaltyFoodDined on 9/4/2014Good looking restaurant and good service however the food was not the greatest. All the food was really salty especially the mushroom soup.Special Features:
- great placeShelleyMacVIPDined on 9/2/2014Atmosphere and food was awesome. we are gong there again in 2 daysSpecial Features:
- LoveDCNativeVIPDined on 9/1/2014BBQ Shrimp and Cornbread. Drinks, view, food and service was great. AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedScenicViewDined on 9/1/2014The service was great and the view was amazing, but the salad I ordered was disappointing. I ordered the rotisserie chicken chopped salad and the greens were not mixed (mostly iceberg lettuce) and the chicken didn't have any flavor.Special Features:
- food was ok, service was terribledoseqisDined on 8/29/2014Their "crispy calamari" should be called "soggy calami". Service was lagged and inattentive, we even had to ask for silverware, and table napkins were absent after the appetizers were served. The baby back ribs were good, but my wife's shrimp scampi was in a puddle of oil or butter. No repeat visits here.
- Poor service, bad drinksSuluDined on 8/29/2014It took 20 minutes for the waitress to make her first visit to our table after we were seated and then another 20+ minutes until our drinks arrived. When they arrived, both drinks were wrong, and the waitress had no clue as to why it was a problem that the martinis came unchilled in small juice glasses. After we flagged down a manager, she did rectify the situation by having the correct drinks delivered and covering the cost of them. The basic problem is that we expected to receive the same quality service we've experienced at other Redstone locations but instead struggled through very poor service until the manager intervened.Special Features:
- Great spot, food ok,service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Had to ask for forks and knives three times. Waitress kept disappearing and staff didn't seem to coordinate. All I wanted was the basics good drink and apps til show time...felt ignoredSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Beautiful location & restaurant. Food was lack luster & little flavor or seasoning.Special Features:
- JustMeDined on 8/28/2014I visited the restaurant with three friends and I was very pleased with overall experience and plan to return. It is so refreshing to have a good restaurant in Prince Georges County in this area since I live in southern Upper Marlboro, MD.Special Features:
- Great first time!RUTOYDined on 8/27/2014My wife, neighbor, and I went for the first time and it was awesome! Our server, Jayde was adorably awesome and she took amazing care of us! We started with the cornbread, which was perfectly moist and flavorful with a hint of jalapeño! My wife got the wedge salad and margherita pizza which both were great! Her suggestion about me getting the 16 oz ribeye and loaded baked potato was spot on and delicious! Our friend got the watermelon salad and salmon entree! Both really tasty! If you're looking for a great hip spot with a wonderful view, yummy food, great service, and ok with 20-40$ or so per person then Red Stone is a place for you! Thanks open table and Red Stone! I recommend this place for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!lhaskeDined on 8/27/2014Great drinks; food well prepared. They were out of our selected wine, server had difficulty opening our bottle of wine! Server checked on us frequently. No bread or rolls with dinner. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementGmaBethDined on 8/26/2014Redstone American Grill has a lovely décor and scenic view of Potomac River (located in popular new National Harbour complex). BUT, food service was VERY, VERY slow! Waitress apologized for not being able to bring drinks due to no clean glasses (I suggested she could substitute with paper to-go cups if available). We asked for some mayo and sugar (we were hoping to improve the not-tasty-at-all coleslaw) but she NEVER brought us those simple items. The turkey burger had WAY, WAY TOO MUCH GARLIC CHUNKS in it!! So I stopped eating it. And two days later still wrestling with garlic odor that I did not wish to encounter. However, the cheese/chicken fondue was a big hit with my daughter. And the buffalo shrimp appetizer was good.Special Features:
- Good Food - Average ServiceSarasotaDinerDined on 8/26/2014The food and setting were great. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Delivery times from the bar to our table, for the server to respond to requests, and time for food to come our all seemed long. Based upon diners near us we believe it may have been the server. Chicken and fish plates ordered were nice. Cornbread was a wonderful treat. Don't order a margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationRosie37Dined on 8/22/2014This is a great resturant if you are looking for a spot to entertain guests or just have dinner. We decided to eat light, where I had a great salad and my husband had ribs. The ribs were falling off the bone but were dry, however the sauce was great. We arrived around 9pm, and had a water view which is always great. The folks at the bar both inside and out seemed to be having a great time. This is an American girll with higher than normal prices. I checked out the prices for their resturants in other markets and the prices at National Harbor were in fact higher. Uhm.Special Features: