Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
155 National Plaza
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redstonegrill.com/
- Phone: 3018393330x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - Midnight, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
Spirited, Rugged, and Romantic, Redstone is committed to uncompromising food and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (168)great for outdoor dining (129)special occasion (70)good for groups (61)vibrant bar scene (57)great for lunch (56)romantic (51)hot spot (50)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (13)Show More
- DelightfulMooreVIPDined on 9/17/2014The three of us thoroughly enjoyed our server who was very gracious and attentive. She served the food and beers promptly. The food (especially the turkey burger and cornbread) was delicious. The meatloaf was just so so and the portabello burger presentation was outstanding but mediocre tasting. The atmosphere outside was so great that we didn't want to leave. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much foofkmmtcgVIPDined on 9/15/2014Dinner for 10 was a great event. The only problem was the size of the portions. I only ordered an appetizer and couldn't eat but half! Of course, for others, that's a good thing.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Redstone for a birthday lunch and the experience was excellent. The ambiance is upscale and comfortable. I love the smell of the wood stove that permeates the restaurant. The water views are spectacular, the food is excellent and the service is excellent as well. The restaurant is fairly expensive so this is a great place to go for special occasions and group events. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClarkbarDined on 9/12/2014Certain tables inside of the restaurant has bad lighting. The music is kind of loud so it may be hard to hear people across from you at the table. Everyone in the restaurant has to talk loud to hear each other so it gets loud in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Neither of us had ever been there and were most pleasantly surprised with the food, service and atmosphere. The only criticism, and I don't know if it was on Open Table's site or the restaurant's site I was looking at while searching for a restaurant in National Harbor after seeing Cirque du Soleil Amaluna. Some place it said "Private Lot" for parking info. Not so at National Harbor location. Perhaps, that is provided at another location. So, we spent some time trying to get to this non-existent private lot.Special Features:
- Nothing to brag aboutchefmateDined on 9/10/2014A few people had talked about this restaurant inching pictures of food on IG. The waiter was ok. Food very overpriced and bland.Special Features:
- It was greatTheman11Dined on 9/10/2014The food and service was great. The jumbo shrimp was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceSaltyFoodDined on 9/4/2014Good looking restaurant and good service however the food was not the greatest. All the food was really salty especially the mushroom soup.Special Features:
- great placeShelleyMacVIPDined on 9/2/2014Atmosphere and food was awesome. we are gong there again in 2 daysSpecial Features:
- LoveDCNativeVIPDined on 9/1/2014BBQ Shrimp and Cornbread. Drinks, view, food and service was great. AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedScenicViewDined on 9/1/2014The service was great and the view was amazing, but the salad I ordered was disappointing. I ordered the rotisserie chicken chopped salad and the greens were not mixed (mostly iceberg lettuce) and the chicken didn't have any flavor.Special Features:
- food was ok, service was terribledoseqisDined on 8/29/2014Their "crispy calamari" should be called "soggy calami". Service was lagged and inattentive, we even had to ask for silverware, and table napkins were absent after the appetizers were served. The baby back ribs were good, but my wife's shrimp scampi was in a puddle of oil or butter. No repeat visits here.
- Poor service, bad drinksSuluDined on 8/29/2014It took 20 minutes for the waitress to make her first visit to our table after we were seated and then another 20+ minutes until our drinks arrived. When they arrived, both drinks were wrong, and the waitress had no clue as to why it was a problem that the martinis came unchilled in small juice glasses. After we flagged down a manager, she did rectify the situation by having the correct drinks delivered and covering the cost of them. The basic problem is that we expected to receive the same quality service we've experienced at other Redstone locations but instead struggled through very poor service until the manager intervened.Special Features:
- Great spot, food ok,service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Had to ask for forks and knives three times. Waitress kept disappearing and staff didn't seem to coordinate. All I wanted was the basics good drink and apps til show time...felt ignoredSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Beautiful location & restaurant. Food was lack luster & little flavor or seasoning.Special Features:
- JustMeDined on 8/28/2014I visited the restaurant with three friends and I was very pleased with overall experience and plan to return. It is so refreshing to have a good restaurant in Prince Georges County in this area since I live in southern Upper Marlboro, MD.Special Features:
- Great first time!RUTOYDined on 8/27/2014My wife, neighbor, and I went for the first time and it was awesome! Our server, Jayde was adorably awesome and she took amazing care of us! We started with the cornbread, which was perfectly moist and flavorful with a hint of jalapeño! My wife got the wedge salad and margherita pizza which both were great! Her suggestion about me getting the 16 oz ribeye and loaded baked potato was spot on and delicious! Our friend got the watermelon salad and salmon entree! Both really tasty! If you're looking for a great hip spot with a wonderful view, yummy food, great service, and ok with 20-40$ or so per person then Red Stone is a place for you! Thanks open table and Red Stone! I recommend this place for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!lhaskeDined on 8/27/2014Great drinks; food well prepared. They were out of our selected wine, server had difficulty opening our bottle of wine! Server checked on us frequently. No bread or rolls with dinner. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementGmaBethDined on 8/26/2014Redstone American Grill has a lovely décor and scenic view of Potomac River (located in popular new National Harbour complex). BUT, food service was VERY, VERY slow! Waitress apologized for not being able to bring drinks due to no clean glasses (I suggested she could substitute with paper to-go cups if available). We asked for some mayo and sugar (we were hoping to improve the not-tasty-at-all coleslaw) but she NEVER brought us those simple items. The turkey burger had WAY, WAY TOO MUCH GARLIC CHUNKS in it!! So I stopped eating it. And two days later still wrestling with garlic odor that I did not wish to encounter. However, the cheese/chicken fondue was a big hit with my daughter. And the buffalo shrimp appetizer was good.Special Features:
- Good Food - Average ServiceSarasotaDinerDined on 8/26/2014The food and setting were great. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Delivery times from the bar to our table, for the server to respond to requests, and time for food to come our all seemed long. Based upon diners near us we believe it may have been the server. Chicken and fish plates ordered were nice. Cornbread was a wonderful treat. Don't order a margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationRosie37Dined on 8/22/2014This is a great resturant if you are looking for a spot to entertain guests or just have dinner. We decided to eat light, where I had a great salad and my husband had ribs. The ribs were falling off the bone but were dry, however the sauce was great. We arrived around 9pm, and had a water view which is always great. The folks at the bar both inside and out seemed to be having a great time. This is an American girll with higher than normal prices. I checked out the prices for their resturants in other markets and the prices at National Harbor were in fact higher. Uhm.Special Features:
- Crowded but. ExcellentHelenisfogDined on 8/22/2014Having a reservation made it so easy, we were seated almost immediately. Food was so good, my husband had the hamburger and said it was the best he'd had. I had the Parmesan crusted walleye which was absolutely Delicious. Moist and perfectly cooked. The dirty martini was the best. Our friends had the flatbreads and said they were very good. A delightful experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by co-workerSmoochiesmommyDined on 8/20/2014A co-worker recommended this place and it was great. I had the cajun ribeye and loaded backed potato and it was awesome (I had my leftovers for dinner the next night). I recommend you make reservations and the desserts are large enough for 4 people to share.Special Features:
- AmazingCollegegirl5Dined on 8/19/2014Perfect place for a special night with my boyfriendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a good meal at Nat Harbor!DiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten at numerous restaurants at National Harbor since it opened and found Grace's mandarin the only gem. The others all had mediocre food and even worse service. We had a surprisingly lovely meal at lunch at a waterfront table where the service was friendly and consistent and the food was tasty. We will definitely make this our first choice at the harbor going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and service! Our waitress Shauna was very personable and attentive. Hubby and I split a flatbread and a burger and both were delicious. We were fortunate to get a table on the patio over looking the Capital Wheel. What a great view! We came here for a date night and we will def be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!Va2DcDined on 8/15/2014I made reservations for Friday for my husband and I. We arrived about 15 minutes late due to crazy traffic at the harbor but were seated immediately. Although we were sat right next to the (no view of the harbor), our waiter Kevin was great. I ordered the pesto crusted halibut and my hubby ordered the ribs. My dish was delicious. My husbands was just ok. The cornbread was good and my strawberry doli (recommended by waiter) was just the perfect fruity drink for my taste. We will definitely be back in hopes to have a better view next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedWine4DaysDined on 8/15/2014The best thing about this restaurant is the scenic view. When we arrived their was no one at the hostess stand. After a few minutes we were escorted to our table. It took a little long for our server to come by but she was very friendly and helpful. We had to ask for silverware, there was none on the table (or any of the tables around us). Cold drinks were place on the table without napkins so the table was a wet mess after a while. We had the cornbread and buffalo shrimp for starters; both tasted great but would have been better if warm. We both ordered burgers. My burger was basically a bacon cheeseburger with bbq sauce - not very flavorful and the bacon was too hard to bite ; the General Tsao's Turkey Burger wasn't memorable either.Special Features:
- Great service and saladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014I came for a quick lunch alone. I was quickly seated. My server Liz was extremely attentive and gave me the great recommendation of the Smokehouse Steak Cobb Salad. I can't believe I ate the whole thing. I added a side of cornbread which was a great ending as it tasted more like cake than cornbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but costlyTysonDined on 8/11/2014I enjoyed the restaurant but I did not understand why they charged for everything. $1 for refills. We went for my daughter's 8th birthday and they didn't even sing or give a dessert. You had to buy a dessert. Definitely not a good kid friendly restaurant. I probably will not be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend with CaveatsFtWashLocalDined on 8/8/2014Redstone does some things really great & some things really terrible. I understand some of it is luck of the draw but we can only review what we experienced. Took my wife here for our anniversary dinner on a friday night. MAKE RESERVATIONS, otherwise be prepared to wait 1+hrs. Waiter & manager were awesome. Some food was outstanding: highly recommend the ribs, cornbread, and crabcakes. The burger and fries are also terrific. But skip the steak. I sent mine back 3 times and they never got it cooked right: first well done, then ultra rare, finally medium rare when I asked for medium. To boot, I wasn't a fan of the seasoning or flavor. So skip the steak, make reservations, and Redstone should make for a good albeit noisy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redstone Maybe It's MeAuthenticDCgirlDined on 8/8/2014The prices at Redstone are comparable to restaurants that I frequent such as Pearl Dive, Mintwood, and Kapnos. The food is on par with an Applebees. I'm so sorry to write this but I have to get the point across that you must raise the bar. The only dish worth saving at Redstone is the rotisserie chicken, and you don't pay $9 for parking and over $100 on a bill just for chicken. The flatbreads are bland, braised ribs tasted boiled, calamari was ok but served with a nasty sauce, halibut was overcooked, and the key lime pie had a gritty texture like it was made from a box mix. I know that you are packing the people in, but for me, you have to raise the bar.Special Features:
- Overpriced and misrepresentedDin2630Dined on 8/7/2014The online menu and website sell the place as an upscale steakhouse with $40 steaks which are supposedly aged 28 days. We ordered the prime rib with mashed potatoes. As soon as the order went into the kitchen, it came out in less than 5 minutes, which gave us no time to enjoy our wine and clearly showed that the meat and mashed potatoes were already cooked just sitting and drying. They were dry and unpleasant. The meat was absolutely average -NOT AGED- and undercooked. The fat was not trimmed and the seasoning was minimal. This place is more of a sports pub of sorts with a huge bar and televisions as soon as you walk in. Maybe they might be good for burgers and fries. But it is NOT a nice steakhouse.Special Features:
- Good food Good serviceKhowardDined on 8/5/2014Steak was great, drinks had a generous pour, and the service was good as well. I would definitely recommend reservations as this place was packed each time we went.Special Features:
- Night Out With HubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The food was really tasty, I ordered the buffalo shrimps as a starter and the crab cakes no fillers with a wedge of cornbread so delicious. My husband ordered grill chicken as a starter and the Chicken and Rib combo. We both toke food home so much food. A meal for two with starters $$$. I guess the prices are average to high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Celebrated a birthday here with a party of 7 and it was great! The staff was great and very accommodating. The food was so good. Very filling portions. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked it a lotBobWDined on 8/1/2014Went here with some friends before seeing Cirque. Liked it a lot. I don't eat steak much but got the Cajun ribeye and it was very good. Two of the ladies really liked the fried meatloaf. Personally, I would have liked it a little quieter on the music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGKellyDined on 7/31/2014The food and service was great. Definitely make a reservation, as it was very crowded!
- JoesfoodDined on 7/31/2014Great service. Our waiter was awesome . Very talented young ladySpecial Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014My boyfriend and I picked Redstone after looking at a couple different menus online. We both had never been and it was outstanding. Our waiter was absolutely amazing, our drinks were different but fantastic, and every item we ordered was perfect. (Chicken Alfredo, pesto halibut, jerk chicken fondue, flatbread, and dessert) We ordered a bunch of food with the intent to just have a taste of each and bring the rest home, but it was so good we ate everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.