Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
155 National Plaza
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redstonegrill.com/
- Phone: (301) 839-3330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - Midnight - Saturday: 10:00am - Midnight, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Elliot Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Redstone American Grill - National Harbor
Spirited, Rugged, and Romantic, Redstone is committed to uncompromising food and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Redstone American Grill - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (124)great for outdoor dining (96)good for groups (61)special occasion (54)romantic (44)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (40)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (18)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Monday Night at RedstoneKellylynnDined on 11/24/2014We went to Redstone American Grill to celebrate a graduation. We started by ordering a round of drinks and the cornbread for an appetizer. After about 15 minutes we still had no drinks. After speaking to our waitress she said the order was in and they were coming. Fifteen more minutes passed when the waitress came out and said the reason our drinks had not arrived was because they were out of the drinks ordered. Instead of giving us the remaining drink orders and telling us the situation, they just avoided our table. Th cornbread showed up and it did not disappoint. However, we still did not have our drinks at this point. At this point we ordered dinner. I would love to give a positive review of our dinner, but we never received our food. Our waitress came out twice to tell us our food was coming right out and each time we did not see her again for about 20 minutes. After an hour and a half of waiting we still had no food. We made the decision to pay for the drinks and app and cut our losses and eat somewhere else. After the decision was made to leave we asked to speak to a manager. She was not apologetic, nor was our waitress at any point in the night. The food situation was not as big of a deal to us as the lack of anyone being honest with us about the backup. Common courtesy goes a long way and this restaurant just did not come through for us.Special Features:
- Friendly Service, Need More Veg OptionsLoriDined on 11/23/2014Friends wanted to get together and this restaurant was the easiest option. I knew going in that there wouldn't be much for me to eat, and I was right. The only thing for a vegan to eat was a house salad and a side or two. This restaurant has a special gluten-free menu (at least 6 items) and since gluten-free and vegan diets are becoming more popular, I would have thought there would have bee more options. I asked our server if they could make a margherita flatbread pizza without cheese, but with added mushrooms, and they were able to do it and it tasted good. The hostess staff were very friendly and our server was friendly and helpful. He mentioned he's been a server for 17(?) years. You could tell. I would go again in the summertime for drinks only and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Very warm and inviting - even though we were early for our reservation, we were seated immediately. The wait staff was wonderful, the portions extremely generous and very tasty, and the prices just right for the quality of the meal. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunchrightDined on 11/18/2014great experience for lunch. our waiter Jimmy was great as well.Special Features:
- Solid dining experiencefromthemountainsDined on 11/12/2014Great dinner with a fantastic view! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- honeymoonMrsjacksonDined on 11/12/2014They made us feel special the last night of our honeymoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience aftergetting past the hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Very good dining experience once you get past the hostess station. This is the second time I've made reservations for a business lunch and after arriving on time, had to wait until the hostesses finished their protracted conversation before being acknowledged and seated. The management really needs to address this problem.Special Features:
- Excellent steak and serviceYarrumDined on 11/9/2014Went here and ordered a house salad, seared ahi tuna, and the 16oz NY strip. Service was excellent, and the steak is up there for the best I've had in my life. The ahi tuna was great and seared just enough. The Asian slaw on which it was served had an excellent taste. Fairly large wine list and a full bar to boot. There's an outdoor seating area and a gas fire pit. It is pricey, but as a time to celebrate or just a night out every once in a while, the prices are justifiable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I enjoyed the ambiance, dining near water is usually good. The food was tasty, for $28.00, i expected more of a premium presentation. Like what i cook at home. Similar to diner food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2014Had a nice meal for a business lunch. My order was incorrect, but was fixed rather promptly. Beautiful view if the harbor too. It's a nice change from eating at the same places at the harbor. Definitely try the buffalo shrimp app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good, location and viewMajorCatDined on 11/4/2014We had a fantastic experience at the Redstone - National Harbor. The food was outstanding and the service was top notch. We had a great view of The Capital Wheel and marina.Special Features:
- Poor Customer Servicesouthernfoodie81VIPDined on 10/31/2014My experience at Redstone was very poor and the manager Christina was rude and unapologetic when I complained that the cook sent a message through my waitress that reheating the food I sent back because it was cold was "the best that they could do for me." The manager took her time enjoying her meal at a table across from me and my friend before she decided to come to our table only to reinforce the rudeness of the kitchen. I did not have dinner at the restaurant because the manager was the rudest I have ever experienced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014National harbour touts itself as a destination resort, but not everyone who goes there is NOT a tourist. Please encourage the hostesses to be more attentive when greeting and serving guests. My reservation for six included mostly older adults; we were promptly seated in a very dark area of the restaurant, you had to put on your glasses just to read the menu (at mid day) . The hostess refused to move us to another (brighter area) even though there was seating available near the windows. The manager finally moved us, but it seemed as though it was a hassle. Our waitress, on the other hand, was excellent. The hostesses.....not so goodSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableJayBirdVIPDined on 10/29/2014All in all a good experience. However, the hostess wasn't overly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014We had friends visiting from out of state, and we were treated to a wonderful evening at Redstone. We decided to try a new restaurant, and were so happy with Redstone! We would all go back in a heartbeat!!Special Features:
- Great service and foodHarryDined on 10/28/2014We celebrated a birthday and asked for outside seat, they made our wish come true on a busy night and the fireworks in the cake were a great suprise. She had a great birthday. Great food get the cornbreadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special dinnermarlegDined on 10/23/2014My star rating pretty much tells the story. Server was between very good and excellent. Noise level is high but I wouldn't call it "energetic" otherwise ambiance would be excellent. The 4" tall chocolate layer cake was amazing! Yes, I'd go back but too pricey for a week night dinner. Keep this on tap for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere...AntManDined on 10/21/2014A few friends and I met for dinner at Redstone Grill at the National Harbor. The waiter was very pleasant and well versed on the dinner specials, as well as, the restaurant’s full menu. The wait time was less than expected; and the food delicious. I ordered a burger and requested the meat cooked well done (no pink); and the burger was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowLikes2dineDined on 10/16/2014Unimpressed. Pricey menu. My meal was delivered an hour before the rest of our party of four. Pretty view but not worth the time or money.Special Features:
- They Treat You Well!KrpeydmDined on 10/13/2014From the time I walked in the door until the time we left, the hosts, servers, and bartender were all fabulous as was the food for our party of 5. We had a great view of the water and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok at National HarborLove2DineVIPDined on 10/12/2014Maybe just not a breakfast/brunch winner. Our server, Leigh, was lovely and competent, yet my simple request for an English Muffin was delivered incorrectly from the kitchen. I ordered scrambled eggs and felt they may have been scooped off the buffet vs. made to order. My husband said the hash browns were sticky - just too much added to them. We would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014This was my first time dining at Redstone. I enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- come for the burgers and friesFtWashLocalDined on 10/9/2014I've been to Redstone a couple times now and they seem to be inconsistent. They couldn't get the temperature right on my steak after 3 times the first time I visited for dinner, but they got my wife's ribs just right. But the two times I've gone for lunch (specifically burgers), I've been blown away. I'd say Redstone is my favorite burger in the DC area, and their fries are among the best I've had too. Start off with the cornbread, it'll change your world. I can't recommend any of the desserts as ground breaking, but they're not bad either. Service was great on this last visit, very attentive and accommodating. I will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Harbor joyChatterboxx1969VIPDined on 10/8/2014We were celebrating my Honey's birthday, and really enjoyed the experience. Redstone's staff was great--from the reception desk to the bar to the server and manager. We sat at the outside bar for cocktails before dinner. The bartender checked in with us to make sure we enjoyed our cocktails and talked to us about his technique to make it just right. For dinner, our server was very sweet, attentive and engaging. We both enjoyed the walleye prepared in different ways. The manager came over to check on us, and she was delightful. For dessert, my Honey's asked for bread pudding (a restaurant fav) and it was brought over with ice cream and fireworks! Really festive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceChuckVIPDined on 10/7/2014the food was good but the service was outstanding.
- ChuckDined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed Redstone American Grill and cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Nice New RestaurantDCMRobbyVIPDined on 9/29/2014This is a nice new spot in the National Harbor. The ambiance was great for a Monday night. We were seated quickly. We were told we would have one waiter and he never showed up and we wound up being waited on by someone else. Our alternate server was sweet, but it was just weird. Anyhow... on to the food, it was great. Sirloin was juicy and cooked to order. Garlic Mashed Potatoes were great! Crab Cakes were good, not great. For this area they need to be great to get a rave review, but they were worth ordering because they weren't overdone with filler. We'd definitely go back and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place..Great view! <3Ifinallyfoundher929Dined on 9/29/2014What a great find! The food was fantastic, the wait staff was very courteous, and the drinks were stout and strong. The view of the harbor was almost as nice as the gorgeous beautiful woman who was sitting by my side. I know we'll be back for many more special occasions in the upcoming future. Count on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotjaceDined on 9/29/2014I was at the Harbor for a conference, & the photo of the cornbread online is what prompted me to make a reservation. While the cornbread didn't prove to be as good as the photo, everything was very, very nice. Our waitress, whose name I cannot remember, was so sweet & accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View, Delicious FareWaltVIPDined on 9/26/2014Nice restaurant, but a bit overpriced for what you get and service was rather slow. Food was excellent, though, and the view dockside at susnset added to the ambience. We believe in second chances and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Parting is such sweet sorrow. ..1QueenBDined on 9/26/2014Love the Buffalo Shrimp. Excellent Burgers. Very good chicken wrap lots of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food need to work on servicehuntforfoodDined on 9/24/2014While the food was great the service left something to be desired. It took 20 minutes to get our first drink. The server did not know stop talking once we were ready to order he just get going. When we were ready to go he didn't listen when we all asked for the check. Despite the service the food was excellent and worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitRUTOYVIPDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed another dinner at Red Stone. We came for our anniversary! It was another great dinner as we started with the spinach artichoke dip and then topped with the chicken flatbread pizza! The service was great again as well! Thanks Red Stone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F.N.L. Friday Night LivereallyDined on 9/19/2014Unbelievable atmosphere, must try the vodka and pineapple the corn shrimp chowder. the food is very good very romantic by the water actually a great place for Friday night or Saturday night hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, group of 4OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Had the buffalo shrimp appetizer - just the right heat and crispness. Then had the chicken Cobb salad, really good. We were seated near the rotisserie, so had to try some of that beautiful chicken. Waiter very patiently separated our bill out ( group of ladies).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Those Wings and ShrimpLadyTDined on 9/18/2014Awesome wings and buffalo shrimp. Amaretto sour was awesome as well.. Great restaurant for the National Harbor with a perfect view!Special Features:
- OutstandinglovetoeatDined on 9/18/2014Me and my co-workers had lunch here and we love the interior and the seating in front of the open windows are beautiful. We had outstanding service from Jimmy and his brother and the manager. Love the food. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMooreVIPDined on 9/17/2014The three of us thoroughly enjoyed our server who was very gracious and attentive. She served the food and beers promptly. The food (especially the turkey burger and cornbread) was delicious. The meatloaf was just so so and the portabello burger presentation was outstanding but mediocre tasting. The atmosphere outside was so great that we didn't want to leave. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much foofkmmtcgVIPDined on 9/15/2014Dinner for 10 was a great event. The only problem was the size of the portions. I only ordered an appetizer and couldn't eat but half! Of course, for others, that's a good thing.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantdcjemDined on 9/15/2014We went to Redstone for a birthday lunch and the experience was excellent. The ambiance is upscale and comfortable. I love the smell of the wood stove that permeates the restaurant. The water views are spectacular, the food is excellent and the service is excellent as well. The restaurant is fairly expensive so this is a great place to go for special occasions and group events. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.