Red's on the River
8 E. Bridge Street Ste 100
Rockford, MI 49341Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red's on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reds-live.com/
- Phone: 6168638181
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Glenn Forgie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you desire a unique, private setting to host your next business meeting, educational seminar, or party, Reds Riverside Room may be the ideal location. Located adjacent to the Wine Cellar with a private deck and breathtaking views of the Rogue River, this old world charm Tuscan motif combines state-of-the-art technology with first class dining and service. The Riverside Room accommodates up to 32 people, and includes: •9" ceiling recessed screen •WI FI •Full computer support •Private deck •Private restroom •Private entrance •Dedicated wait staff
- Private Party Contact: Ronica Garrod 6168638181
A word from Red's on the River
Situated on the banks of the Rogue River in downtown Rockford, Reds sets the table for a dining experience unlike any other. Start with Reds breathtaking views, 'just feels right' Tuscan decor, and an expansive outdoor deck and bar for warm weather fun—or glowing, massive circular fireplace on white winter evenings; add exceptional service and award winning dining, and you'll quickly discover why Reds is one of kind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Red's on the River - Best Restaurants in Rockford ›
Red's on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)scenic view (53)special occasion (47)romantic (36)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (12)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Outstandingdave2annDined on 10/18/2014Perfect for special occasions. We drove almodt 2 hours to go there, and will do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $FoodieGalDined on 10/10/2014We started with the drink list which had no local or Michigan wines and very minimal draft beers then went ordered our appetizer which was just ok then onto entrees that were WAY overpriced for food that just wasn't very good. Definitely wasn't worth they money that was spent. We were sadly very disappointed.Special Features:
- Fine High End DiningG33K247Dined on 10/7/2014Red's has recently changed ownership and the night of 10/7/14 was the first run of their updated menu. Many of the classic items remain, but there are also a number of new or updated choices. We had an awesome dining experience. The food, the staff and the atmosphere were all top notch (as always).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food, service, atmosphere all excellent. Our waitress, Kati, was the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsFastNEasyDined on 9/25/2014We love the ambiance. Sitting by the river on a warm evening is lovely. The server was very attentive, but the order came out wrong. It seems that whenever we bring another couple with us, two of the four meals are sent back. We understand there is a new a new chef, so maybe things will improve. Not sure if it is the kitchen, the server or miscommunication between the two.Special Features:
- judyDined on 9/15/2014We love Red's but it would be nice to see ordinary food for lunch such as a club sandwich...meatloaf dinner or something beside all the gourmet food. Also why do you not have baked potato on the menu in the evening, I have asked about this before as when we goI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had the most wonderful time. Our 4 hour visit seem like 1 hour. Joe did a great job. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Red's on the RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were very disappointed after hearing great reviews on Red's. We were greeted, seated promptly indoors, had water served, then waited for a server for 7 minutes. He seemed to have tables not only indoors but outdoors, which delayed service time. We didn't feel he was well trained when it came to serving the wine, since he forgot to use the aerator and then spilled the white wine several times. When our food came, the pork chop was very underdone and had to go back. The manager was very attentive and took care of this promptly. The salads and soups were delicious. The other dishes were good, though not superb. One of our party who had eaten the Mahi Mahi dinner, had intestinal issues that evening. Overall, disappointing.Special Features:
- Lived up to the reputationlqs3319Dined on 9/5/2014I have enjoyed my meals at Reds. Very good food, great service. I especially loves the lobster grilled cheese on the lunch menu and my husband LOVED the scallops and mushroom risotto dish at our last dinner there. Very polite waitstaff. We will of course be back again.Special Features:
- ExcellentSamLDined on 9/4/2014Everything about our dinner here was excellent. The restaurant was recommended by friends who live in the area and we were very happy with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately Disappointingluv2dine44Dined on 9/4/2014Joined a friend for lunch. She had soup and salad, I had the famour burger. I had ordered this many times before so I knew it was very good. When it came it was overcooked, not as I had ordered and the special shoestring potato fries were limp at best, yellow in color instead of nice and golden brown and crunchy. Taste of burger was good as usual, but disappointed at the over cooking and especially the fries which wern't like they have been in the past. By the time we finished the meal I noticed that we were not served any of the special breads that seemd to be on every other table. Will think twice for lunch net time.Special Features:
- Summer evening dinnerKlh2604Dined on 8/29/2014Our experience was great. The food was delicious; however it was a bit pricey especially seeing how it was marked $$ on open table. It's more like $$$. Would definately go again, but maybe just for lunch. Our served was friendly and knowledgeable. It was also nice to have the manager stop by to say hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okErinSDined on 8/23/2014Had a res @ 7:15, arrived @ 6:15 to have a drink at the bar, the outdoor bar is nice & server was great. Upon arriving early I reconfirmed we'd like a table outside along the water. When we were seated at our table it was undesirable, right by the door and between 2 servers stations. I asked for any of the 3 open 4-top tables several tables away. We were then offered a table for 6 one table over. I declined and was told I could go in and talk to the other hostess if I wanted but those were for reservations (which we had?!) Overall, they did not make us feel valued. The restrooms were not in good shape- at the end of the evening 2 stalls in the ladies were out of order. Only 2/4 liked our entrees. Our server was good.Special Features:
- VisserDined on 8/22/2014Had a $200.00 debit card - would only take $160.00 of it - nothing posted to that. Have never encountered that anywhere else. Doubt if I will hurry back to your establishment.Special Features:
- Enjoyed!BrittlyDined on 8/21/2014Went to Red's during Restaurant Week GR. Very pleasant atmosphere, easy to have conversation while dining, attentive service and the food was very good. Appreciated use of fresh, local ingredients. Timing of service was a little rushed as we were still working on a starter when next two courses were served. But we got it sorted out and really enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!GreatDinnerDined on 8/20/2014I booked the reservation and made a note in the comments to see if we could have a table overlooking the river. The restaurant was very accommodating with this request and it was a great table!Special Features:
- A bumpy ridejimINGRDined on 8/17/2014Full disclosure: we visited for dinner on a Sunday as our anniversary was the next day and family schedules would not cooperate. Therefore, it was quite a slow evening with less than 10 tables active the entire time. I say "bumpy" quite intentionally, as my chair was bumped-into by nearly every staff member who walked by and repeatedly by two or three. The table behind me was empty, so navigating through the patio should not be difficult. Worse still: not once did anyone apologize, say "excuse me" or acknowledge in any way that they were banging into me and my seat. The food did not disappoint, the wines were very nice, and the staff were aware that we were celebrating our anniversary as I noted when making the reservation.Special Features:
- Great Place for DiningTessDined on 8/16/2014This was the 2nd time we ate at Red's. Both were very enjoyable. The menu has a good deal of variety. The lobster paella was fabulous. Our server was a little late in showing up at our table and then was a little too attentive. We would like to see more affordable wines on the wine list.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration!CtopDined on 8/15/2014This was a beautiful restaurant for a girls night out August birthday celebration. Food fit for a foodie like me, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make salads more "eater-friendly"KardieDined on 8/14/2014Brought a friend from AZ who absolutely loved her lunch experience ...unfortunately it was too cool for her outside but I love eating out there since I'm used to MI!. I had the beet salad...suggestions: 1. Serve in much larger bowl to make it easier to eat. 2. Put the beets on TOP....mine were bottom and since salad in such asmall bowl could not find the beets till ate all the greens! Otherwise a lovely time.Special Features:
- 48 years and still countingGreytFolksDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous anniversary dinner at Reds on the river. Hubby had his favorites, firecracker shrimp for appetizer and scallops for entree. I had my favorite, Mahi Mahi with forbidden black rice and broccoli paired with a fine wine. To finish we indulged in his and hers chocolate mousse. In our estimation it doesn't get much better than that, with Ryan as our server for the evening it was perfect. So thank you once again Red's for making another meal memorable Tom and LeslieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerfoodDined on 8/10/2014The food was wonderful and the ambiance was also. The weather could not have been any bettrer either.Special Features:
- Nice Place. Busy and Delicious!GVMurphyDined on 8/9/2014First things first. The food was excellent! I had the Mahi Mahi and it was both delicious and well presented. Packed dining area but what do you expect on a Saturday night. Service was a little slow but more than likely simply due to the volume of patrons they had to deal with during the evening. Bonus, you can fly fish just down the hill if you're so inclined. lol Kinda wish my date was as nice as the food but.....Special Features:
- metrobillDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Reds many times and have always received great service and food. Their menu has a wide selection items to cover all tastes and appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outScottptDined on 8/2/2014This is the third time we've been to Red's and we've never been disappointed. The service is always good and the food is excellent. If it's a nice summer night, ask for an outside table.Special Features:
- Great Food in Rockfordpriete08Dined on 8/1/2014Our family dined at Red's on a Friday night in August outdoors overlooking the river. We enjoyed a variety of dishes and everyone was pleased with the food. Cocktails were tasty and the wine list is pretty good. A great local restaurant. We will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Very good service, excellent food. Very accommodating regarding reservations and seating request. Increased our seating when we had an unexpected friend show up. They know how to run a restaurant!Special Features:
- Sunday mealRandyDined on 7/27/2014Great lunch. It is a destination event for us. Never disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKevin1999Dined on 7/24/2014Very nice place to have dinner. Has great outdoor seating with grey view of the river. Halibut and steak was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely fabulousstoshsonsDined on 7/11/2014Loved the team that took care of my parents and me for our lunch. Gave my stepmother a memorable experience.... Thank you so much for your absolute attention to your patrons needs and wantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Rockfordthanks2youDined on 7/5/2014I decided to take a first date to this restaurant. To this restaurant I now have the love of my life. not only did it have a beautiful scenic view.I couldn't have asked for a better waiter worked with us very well.the food was exquisite, and extremely satisfying. it was truly a great way to impress my first date, not that I needed help lol, but it was the icing on the cake. I highly recommend any couple get a table overlooking the river just at dusk on a beautiful evening. this is my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE Reds!!!AaronVZDined on 7/3/2014This place is absolutely amazing! The service is top notch every time that I dine and I love that the menu changes with the season to guarantee freshness. Definitely a place to check out!Special Features:
- Always Enjoy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014As always we enjoyed a special family gathering at Red's, this time outside on the patio as requested. After the sun went down behind a tree it was very comfortable and we all had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- The following 451 reviews are from the Red's on the River reviews archive.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014The duck was undercooked and way underseasoned.... common guys, you food is NOT cheap... the waiter was fantastic.... funny and interacted with us really well..... kudos to him... he saved this restaurant that night.Special Features:
- It's worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014We made the trip from East Lansing for an outdoor dining experience on a beautiful evening. It was our first time at Red's. It didn't disappoint. We had a lovely evening. The sea bass was excellent!Special Features:
- Very NiceJimCDined on 6/25/2014Red's is very nice. The service and food quality is great. It is a little pricey but worth it if you eat outside by the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and foodGRdinerDined on 6/24/2014We visited Red's on the River for our anniversary and weren't disappointed. We arrived and were seated promptly (we did have a reservation) and chose to sit outside. Normally, I hate sitting outside because of bugs and things but they must have sprayed or treated the area because there were no mosquitos around and we were right on the river! I was quite surprised. The food was delicious. I had a steak filet and my wife had the mahi mahi. It is a little on the pricey side, but for a special occasion it is a great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014We went there for my birthday. We had great service and the food tasted very good. Everyone was very friendly. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful relaxing dinnerkropfcarDined on 6/19/2014The deck had a beautiful view and the food was wonderful. The mango Martini was great. This is a great location for a special event or a relaxing date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousjlvkDined on 6/18/2014I used to go there to order the filet which is outstanding. Then I discovered the hamburger. The best burger in town and all around, by far. Maybe next time, the filet. Or the burger? :) Such a great debate/decision!Special Features: