444 Thames Street
Bristol, RI 02809Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://redlefsens.com/
- Phone: (401) 254-1188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, German
- Executive Chef: Rolando Vincente
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Heidelberg Function room seats 20 to 55 people comfortably and can be used for a cocktail reception up to 70. The room is decorated with the same warmth of the main dinning room which makes it a romantic location for rehearsal diners, showers and anniversary parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Guertler 4012541188
- Entertainment: Redlefsen"s throws fun parties almost every month. From Robert Burns supper, to Luau's and summer concerts for 4th of July weeks.
The greatest party of all is at Redlefsen's for Oktoberfest. We have accordion players and the Alpenblumen Bavarian dancers performing every Tuesday and Wednesday in the month of Oktober and a kick off in the last week of September.
A word from Redlefsen's
Since 1989, Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill has been a favorite Bristol restaurant, serving eclectic fare with a European flair. We pride ourselves on being a small town European style restaurant which draws the best from several countries. German food is the primary focus, with the best Wiener Schnitzel of any Rhode Island restaurant. Wonderful German beer and Belgian beer also grace our authentic porcelain beer towers. For those who are not looking for a German dinning experience we also feature several Italian and French dishes and even a Portuguese little neck appetizer since we are in Bristol. For New Englanders our fish is fresh and local. So you can enjoy fresh fried sole, instead of frozen fish and chips. Overlooking the water front at Independence park, and in the heart of downtown Bristol, Rhode Island, Redlefsen's is comfortably elegant. Whether you sit in our dining room, the lounge, or the function room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redlefsen's reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (13)scenic view (11)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014Great spot! Awesome food and service. Plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular PlaceDAVEVIPDined on 11/1/2014Seems this restaurant is a popular place with many regulars. The food was very tasty with decent portion sizes. However I did find the prices a bit high. After all this is not Providence or Boston.Special Features:
- Genuine GermanfoodworthwhileDined on 11/1/2014First time eating here and we loved it! I've been to Germany and found the food here authentic and comparable, maybe even better! The German beer list is plenty! I recommend getting the "Das Boot" if you are not driving!Special Features:
- FantasiticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Delicious food. Great Beer. Caught the start of Oktoberfest so there was live entertainment. What a great surprise.
- OctoberfestFrancoDined on 9/25/2014Redlefsen's Octoberfest is a fantastic experience. The atmosphere, the food and the service are exceptional. I have been multiple times to Munich but I enjoy Redlefsen's Octoberfest better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicousedensperezDined on 8/15/2014if you are looking for something different, this is the place. Great German Food - great selection, beautiful view, etc.Special Features:
- FrankiwVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have eaten here many times in the past. The food is usually consistent. This visit was a disappointment. Halfway through our meal a flutist started playing. The music was so loud we could not carry on a conversation. I ordered the scallops entree which was too salty. We could not wait to leave and will not be returning.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Redlefsen's reviews archive.
- Wonderful food and locationBillyCapeCodDined on 6/28/2014We ate on Saturday evening. It was extremely busy and Bristol because of the local events which made Parking very difficult but the food was excellent. Two of us had the pecan encrusted chicken which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner out!luv2dineDined on 6/28/2014My fiance and I went out to eat with my sister and her husband for a double date night. My fiance and I had previously been there for Valentine's Day and my birthday previous to this dinner. The restaurant has great German dishes which makes it a special outing for something different. The waiters and waitresses are always very professional and prompt. The food is amazing, and dessert choices are unbelievably delicious. Plus they have an awesome rewards progress in case you would plan on going back. The restaurant is also right across the street from the water in Bristol so it's beautiful to go in the nicer weather. We didn't get a seat outside unfortunately but it looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer, food & serviceTylerDined on 6/22/2014We visited for lunch on a Sunday (6/22/14) Reservation (via Open Table) requesting outside table, seated quickly on the sidewalk patio. Menu offers something for everyone, with seafood appetizers and entrees, as well as several German specials. We started with beer, of course! A Warsteiner and a Dunkel, both on tap. Appetizer: Fried Calamari - fresh, light oil, very easy to eat. Entrees: "Red's Wurst" dish - combines both Bauernwurst & Bratwurst - was outstanding. Having previously eaten in Germany several times I deem the wurst here at Redlefsen's to be truly authentic. The Schnitzel Sandwich was very good as well. Our daughter enjoyed Pasta a la Bolognese. The sauce was vodka-style and filled with plenty of pork and beef.Special Features:
- German specialties & a light touchCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Had wonderful Wiener schnitzel here (hard to do) with top quality veal. Served with red cabbage and spaetzle. Really good.Charming, cozy atmosphere, comfort food abounds.Special Features:
- dinnerwbhaVIPDined on 5/30/2014Overall, the main courses were OK. The chicken special was bland..expected breasts ..the swordfish had many dark pieces ..somewhat bland..salads were good..service was very good..drinks were goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBethDined on 5/17/2014This was a terrible disappointment. Out of the meal we wanted and service was terrible.
- Mom's Dayvulcan15kDined on 5/11/2014It was a great place for dinner for Mother's Day...the location is wonderful. Would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go backBillDined on 5/10/2014Average upscale restaurant. Ate at the bar. Was quite noisey but food was good. I had swordfish. Didn't offer bread or salad with the meal. Otherwise was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sauerbraten, Friendly ServiceFlyinhiDined on 5/10/2014Made reservations there for my Mom's birthday, just 4 of us. Seated right away and waitress took beverage order. Food was very good and enough of it. Bread was crisp and warm. Ordered one piece of German Chocolate cake to put a cancle in for Mom's birthday and it fed all four of us. Would go again. Pricing moderate.Special Features:
- Locally sourced ingredientswoodyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Locally sourced seafood. Little neck clams with chouricho and kale. Grilled cheese sandwich with goat cheese and fig spread.Special Features:
- German DelightNickCDined on 4/10/2014We have been to Redlefsen's 3 times now, each time was a pure delight. The view out the windows is serene as the sun sets over the water in Bristol. The service has always been prompt and friendly. The food selection has something for everyone, from steak and seafood to more traditional German fare such as sauerbraten and schnitzel, which were both deliciously served with fresh veggies and starch. The portions have been good, especially with the schnitzel, it is the size of a plate. The selection of imported beers is also a treat.Special Features:
- Lovely evening.Foodie1121Dined on 3/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner with some great friends. Found your restaurant on tripadvisor. Food was very good, service was outstanding. Just a little pricey however. Other than that we will be back.Special Features:
- SnootyGipperDined on 3/10/2014Our Waitress we had needed to be brought down a few pegs. A little too snooty for me. Wrapped a little too tight. Food is goof. Can be a little pricey for what you get. Younger staff very outgoing and pleasant . Good place to have a drink. Bar area very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great timePeterDined on 3/8/2014Every time we stray from our stalwart choices, we are pleasantly surprised at the level sophistication of the simplest things. Today it was the French onion soup. It was rich in flavor without being overly beefy or salty, good notes of thyme and onion, without being overt sweet, sublime. The cheese was part of the harmony, not timid, not too salty, or overly assertive, just a voice in the choir. I asked for the recipe, but alas I must get my fix from them alone. Dinner was perfect for our 29th wedding anniversary...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningCowgirlDined on 3/5/2014I frequent Redlefsen's and have always enjoyed each time. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint, love the fireplace. The food is always delicious and the staff is always very professional and polite. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crepe appetizer was cold..crabwbhaVIPDined on 3/1/2014Crepe appetizer was cold..crab cake appetizer was luke warm...Entrees were hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the relaxed feel ofDannyDined on 2/15/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. . Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Valentine's DinnerNickCDined on 2/14/2014My fiancee and I visited Redlefsen's this Valentine's day and had a wonderful experience. I made reservations online, we arrived about 10 minutes early and were promptly seated. Though the restaurant was packed the service was superb, our waitress came around frequently and was very attentive. The food was delicious, our calamari was cooked perfectly, crispy outside tender inside, and the mushroom crepe appetizer was spectacular. Our entrees were delicious as well, and came in good portion sizes, my fiancees veal cutlet for the schnitzel was huge and very tasty, as was my sauerbraten. They had a good selection of wine, and some great imported German beers! The atmosphere was also very enjoyable, especially as the rush died down.Special Features:
- Valentine's DaylarryDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Redlefsen (our favorite restaurant) for Valentine's Day. The swordfish and fish casserole were excellent. The swordfish even came out heart shaped. Bottom-line: we are never disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germantown in BristolLouisDined on 2/13/2014The food and service were great. A fantastic German experience to go along with great German/Bavarian beers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great, especially at the barAiredaleVIPDined on 1/31/2014I think the food is always very good, with some really outstanding German offerings and a burger that can't be beat by anyone in the area. To me it's almost like 2 different restaurants. The dining room is good for larger parties, family meals, and more luncheon-type events. The bar side is like a little restaurant all it's own, tucked away and with so much more charm and character. Both parts of the restaurant work, the menu is the same and the beer is just as cold, it just depends on what side suits your needs. Definitely eat the German offerings or get a burger - best parts of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday GemPeterDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful meal, host gave champagne toast (free) to all tables, on New Year's Eve. Well decorated for the holiday season. I had the schnitzel, and it was perfectly crisp and moist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in BristollovethebootDined on 12/31/2013We love going to Redlefson's for lunch, dinner or even just a drink. The staff is very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, food wasMikeDined on 12/28/2013Excellent service, food was great. Very nice choices for German and other beers.Special Features:
- Great Place!DonEVIPDined on 12/16/2013My daughter and I went for a quiet dinner on a weeknight and everything was great! Our meals were both cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. They also had a great selection of German beers. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than German, But Great GermanAiredaleVIPDined on 12/14/2013You can't call Redlefsen's exclusively German, they have a lot of options for dinner ranging from burgers to seafood dishes to German fare. The night I ate there I decided to go all German, along with another member of our party, and it was fantastic. In fact, I wish they had more German options because clearly it's a strength. This isn't to say that my daughter didn't hit a grand slam with her cheeseburger and fries, because she did. So it's a little bit of a riddle to me - they list here as German, which they are, but they're also much more than that. They might not aggressively compete with seafood given the area, but they shine in so many other ways with what they have to offer. Definitely a place to make a regular stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Unique Restaurant in BristolOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013Simply, this is the most unique restaurant in Bristol. A nice escape from your typical seafood fare.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week a great find!deeregalLA115Dined on 11/9/2013Thank you Melanie for the great service. I work in the industry and appreciate great service and food. Just as important I enjoyed the atmosphere and local light buzz thru the restaurant set the mood for a memorable night out. The bar is as charming as the dining room. Tonight's visit was a romantic special evening and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantMarKevVIPDined on 11/9/2013Our waitress was most excellent (I believe her name was Melanie). She was very friendly & attentive, despite her having tables on the other side too. I wish I could give just as glowing a review for the food. Unfortunately, it was just okay. First let me start by saying that my husband's dinner was really good. Mine, however, lacked the attention. I started by having fried calamari. It was too tender. Could've used an extra minute in the fryer. For my entree, stuffed cod w/ crabmeat, it was baked a minute too long. The fish was just too dry and the flavor was lost. We were impressed with the wine selections & the prices per bottle. You certainly won't feel cheated in that department. Oh I almost forgot, we loved the apple cobbler dessert!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was craving sauerbraten.YennieDined on 11/8/2013I was craving sauerbraten. I was not disappointed. Food and service was outstanding. It's a definite 2nd visit restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cultural experienceDonaldDined on 11/8/2013My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the overall experience we had eating here during Newport Restaurant Week. Redelfsen's did not skimp on quality nor quantity. The service was exceedingly efficient and pleasant. We will be eating there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Piece of GermanyCandlesDined on 10/26/2013European atmosphere, warm,quaint, relaxing. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD GERMAN FOODGermanyinBristolDined on 10/21/2013The name is Swedish, but the food is most definitely German, and very traditional. Wurst with Sauerkraut was spectacular! I had the pecan-crusted pork. It was nummy - sweet and crispy. We will go back! And the Köstritzer dark beer!!! I thought I was in Kiel for an evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.