444 Thames Street
Bristol, RI 02809Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://redlefsens.com/
- Phone: (401) 254-1188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, German
- Executive Chef: Rolando Vincente
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Heidelberg Function room seats 20 to 55 people comfortably and can be used for a cocktail reception up to 70. The room is decorated with the same warmth of the main dinning room which makes it a romantic location for rehearsal diners, showers and anniversary parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Guertler 4012541188
- Entertainment: Redlefsen"s throws fun parties almost every month. From Robert Burns supper, to Luau's and summer concerts for 4th of July weeks.
The greatest party of all is at Redlefsen's for Oktoberfest. We have accordion players and the Alpenblumen Bavarian dancers performing every Tuesday and Wednesday in the month of Oktober and a kick off in the last week of September.
A word from Redlefsen's
Since 1989, Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill has been a favorite Bristol restaurant, serving eclectic fare with a European flair. We pride ourselves on being a small town European style restaurant which draws the best from several countries. German food is the primary focus, with the best Wiener Schnitzel of any Rhode Island restaurant. Wonderful German beer and Belgian beer also grace our authentic porcelain beer towers. For those who are not looking for a German dinning experience we also feature several Italian and French dishes and even a Portuguese little neck appetizer since we are in Bristol. For New Englanders our fish is fresh and local. So you can enjoy fresh fried sole, instead of frozen fish and chips. Overlooking the water front at Independence park, and in the heart of downtown Bristol, Rhode Island, Redlefsen's is comfortably elegant. Whether you sit in our dining room, the lounge, or the function room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redlefsen's reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (13)scenic view (11)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- service beyond comparekdayDined on 10/12/2013Overall a fabulous dining experience, waitress had far to many tables yet still provided exceptional service which paired with great food and beer for overall experience, definitely will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OctoberfestDickDined on 10/9/2013We were there for one of their special Octoberfest dinners. The food was authentic and very good. The live entertainment made the evening.Special Features:
- Great Find – Highly RecommendHerrDined on 10/5/2013The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. We all had German dishes and they were prepared just like we had when we visited Germany. Many beers were on tap but we opted for the Oktoberfest brew since it was in season. The restaurant was decorated in a way that made you feel like you were in a space that was unique and interesting which it was. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable. I'll be recommending Redlefsen's to friends and family. We went on a Friday but they have Bavarian dancers and live music on Wed and Thurs in October to celebrate Oktoberfest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was very coldOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant was very cold ever one in my party was feezing.. Asked waitress to turn down the air it wasnt done we couldn't stay for coffee or dessert to cold.Special Features:
- Wunderbar!mistermac2000Dined on 9/1/2013Excellent German food, just like my grandmother made. Sauerbraten, weiner Schnitzel, wursts, all great. Good selection of German beers and wines alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usual but I wasMikeDined on 8/30/2013Delicious as usual but I was disappointed that I did not get the lemon and capers that was illustrated on the calamari steak picture that I saw in the foyer as I was leaving:( I really enjoy capers! Really skimpy bread basket but the butter was soft!Special Features:
- Dinner with good friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2013As always, an excellent dining experience. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent European & AmericanQuahogDined on 8/26/2013This one one of my favorite restaurants in Bristol. On the waterfront at Bristol Harbor, directly across from a waterfront park and the begining of the "East Bay Bike Path", Redlefsens is a great venue. In addition to great American seafood, they also specialize in three European styles: German, French & Italian. Thier chefs recreate delicious authentic recipes from each of these regions. The service is also always top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has a warm andDandyDined on 8/9/2013This place has a warm and pleasant atmosphere, friendly staff and simple food well-prepared. We had an excellent lunch and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have had nothing but goodJohnVIPDined on 7/27/2013I have had nothing but good experiences at Redlefsen's and this was no exception. The service was great and the food was outstanding as always. My wife and I were going to see a play latter that evening and the staff was extra attentive to ensure we got everything we needed with enough time to get to the play. Great Work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Providence Rest. Week in BristolBrooklinerVIPDined on 7/20/2013My salmon dinner, with caesar salad to start and strudel to finish, was delicious, and very filling. The Red's Wurst is always good, and the beer selection terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013A group of six went there for dinner and really enjoyed the outdoor patio and ambiance. We will definitely go there again, especially during the Bristol, RI fourth of July concerts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2013We have been coming to Redlefsens for a number of years. It is fun, the food choices a nice change from the usual and the location is terrific. Definitely worth the drive from ProvidenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A depressing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/5/2013In a town that has Persimmon, Le Central, and DeWolf Tavern, there is no reason to go to Redlefsen's. The nautical decor doesn't fit with the Germanic/European menu bits, those bits are not authentic, and the rest of the menu is boring. And not cheap. The most depressing part of our visit was the quality of the food. The Spaetzle in our appetizer were overcooked and wet (though the Speck was very good). The Goulash tasted like cheap Beef bourguignon, made with ketchup in the sauce. And the Wienerschnitzel was greasy and bland (with inedibly sweet, all-spiced red cabbage). The owner needs to revamp the menu, get a chef with European experience, and lower the prices. Otherwise this will shut down very soon.
- a little disappointingBrooklinerVIPDined on 5/26/2013food (schnitzel) was ok, not great -- service was slow -- and we were not given the table we asked for by the hostess because "it was reserved" -- no sign on it, and 20-25 mins. later 2 older women appeared -- we would have been half thruwith our meal by the time they sat down. Since I am a frequent diner here, it disappointed me.
- Wonderful experience!LisaDined on 4/30/2013Went here for my daughter's 22nd birthday and had a great time. The food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. We had a party of seven and they sat us in a roomy comfortable area. We were pleasantly surprised by the varied and interesting menu selection as well. Overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.