6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079442222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (193)special occasion (133)notable wine list (110)great for outdoor dining (102)romantic (71)great for lunch (69)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (60)good for groups (41)great for brunch (32)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014The tasting menu with the wine pairings was fantastic. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the perfect 10luv2eatVIPDined on 10/27/2014Very really do I say that an experience at a restaurant was just perfect- however our meal there was. From the moment we walked in every person we met and talked with, every bite of food, the ambience and in particular the service was just perfect. We asked to share all of our courses and the food was brought on 2 plates which is so appreciated without a bat of eyelashes from any waiter etc. We didn't want to spend a ton on a bottle of wine and the sommelier didn't bat an eye when we asked for a recommendation and his selection was terrific. The risotto with lobster was about as good as perfection can get.Special Features:
- Redds' the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We had the tasting plates for 2. It gave us 10 taste of the chefs' cooking. They started at great and went up from there. The meal took about an 1-3/4 hours. Walked away stuffed and completely satisfied. They ask if you have any preference on your meal and prepared it aaccordingly. The meal was explained for every dish, ingredients, preparation, etc. Also available is a wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItUnabashedFoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went to Napa for the weekend and hit great dining spots: Morimoto, Red Door, Ad Hoc, Oenotori. All were great but Redd ties for first place with Morimoto (which was 3 times more expensive). My 2 dishes were delicate and delightful. My husband's were knock your socks off powerful with flavor. May the pork buns live on forever. Service excellent and quiet well appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had eaten at Redd before and had a wonderful experience. This time the service was very poor. We barely saw our waiter and we had to ask three different people for bread before we finally got it.
- Best In ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Redd is consistently one of our best meals in Napa Valley. It's in the same neighborhood as some heavyweight restaurants (several owned by the famous Thomas Kelleher) and it is always the stand out for us. Everything is fresh, in season and deceptively simply prepared. For lunch last week (mid-October), I started with a pumpkin soup with chesnut creme fraiche, a little kale and pomegranate seeds, drizzled with pomegranate reduction. I have been dreaming about it ever since! The rest of our lunch more than kept up with that first course. We've been every time we visit Napa and it will be our first reservation next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchAhmzDined on 10/24/2014Wife and I enjoyed the five course lunch. Takes a few hours to complete, but was definitely worth it. Tuna tartare, hamachi, mussels, scallops, chicken, duck, beef and lamb. We ate it all. And the dessert does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatHeidibellDined on 10/20/2014Redd just didn't meet our expectations or all the hype. Beautiful atmosphere. Food was good to very good but the my husband ordered the tuna tartare and didn't care for it at all. He took one bit. No one checked to see if we liked our starters and it was obvious that he didn't eat his so for a restaurant of this level, that was surprising. Also, we gave the sommelier a price point for wine. He pointed out several wines that were double that price even though there were many wines at or below our price point. Halibut was very tasty and well prepared. Dessert was outstanding and the highlight of the meal. Chef made a special vegetarian option for one in our party which she thought was very good. Our waiter was very good.Special Features:
- Skip this oneRchamp43Dined on 10/20/2014So many good restaurants in the Napa area, this is one to skip. The decor is as boring as the food. Had to wait to be seated even though we had made the reservation in advance. The chicken was dry and the steak frites tough. The naked light bulbs did nothing for the ambiance and even the dessert seemed dried out with its jello like merengue topper. Not a fave for sure!Special Features:
- My wife's favorite restaurantfloydsterVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food here is fantastic. My wife loves the steamed pork buns. Everything on the menu is a winner. Great service makes for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Napa experience!CarolVIPDined on 10/19/2014Fantastic food--fabulous service and excellent location! Redd is a must if you're in Yountville. I've been twice for brunch and it's been delicious. The pork bun is my favorite--and a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSimonpikeVIPDined on 10/18/2014The service was outstanding and the food preparation was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside lunch at ReddbmarieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Lovely lunch at Redd! Everything was delicious and the service was attentive, helpful and pleasant without being obnoxious. Thanks! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Napa gem!BruinRoxDined on 10/13/2014We came here for our anniversary and were not disappointed! The menu had so many great selections that our original plan was to order all the appetizers we liked and then perhaps split an entree. We never made it to the entree! We ordered two of the special appetizers - oysters on a half shell, and the soft shell crab (both delicious) - and 3 items off the menu. All were incredible. Even though we were stuffed, however, we ordered two desserts (also amazing), which topped off an outstanding dinner. We will definitely go again (especially to actually try the entrees!). We are foodies, and we have gone to some extraordinary restaurants in the Napa and Sonoma area, but this one launched to the top for us. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great BrunchTIFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I were visiting Napa Valley for a few days, and had brunch here with our 24-year old daughter who lives nearby. Great Experience...ambience, food and service were excellent....we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for twoPatersonJoshDined on 10/11/2014Second visit to Redd and same result; fantastic experience. Dined here three years ago and again this year (October 2014) and this place is top 5 on my list of US dining gems. Unbelievable food, great wine selections, super service and just a beautiful location. Recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Fantastic food but...CbDSmDDined on 10/9/2014Amazing food! We had the pork belly, ahi tartare and lobster risotto. Perfectly prepared and great presentation. Cool decor, modern but warm. The only thing lacking at Redd was the service. Our server and the staff in General were not very friendly or enthusiastic about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eat!EcoastfoodieDined on 10/6/2014Redd was our first dining experience in Yountville and did not disappoint in setting the tone for our visit. Everything from start to finish was excellent. Thoughtful, well balanced flavors, creative and incredibly fresh dishes. Definitely a must if visiting the Napa valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZinfanDined on 10/6/2014Always incredible. Had a 2 1/2 hour lunch there last Monday. I brought a special bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, asked that it be decanted, and explained we would be there for awhile. Ordered a bottle of Champagne and a dozen oysters. The wines, oysters, apps, and mains were all delivered as professionally as one comes to expect from Redd and the "delayed" our service exactly as requested. Even if the service wasn't great, you need to come here because of the food. It's always memorable and prepared perfectly. It's also a value if there is such a thing in Yountville. You can achieve semi-decent pricing in Yountville (R&D, Ciccio, etc.) but you can't achieve them while dining at this fine of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEat2livelive2eatDined on 10/4/2014I usually love redd and try to go there for our anniversary. This last visit left me looking for another place to spend our special night. The service was not what it usually is, maybe we had a new waiter. The food wasn't as creative or tasty as it has been in the past. I didn't finish my dinner because I didn't care for it and the waiter never came to ask how we were doing and We actually left without dessert because there wasn't anything we wanted. I can't find excuses for it because we were there when they opened for dinner and it wasn't crowded yet. Bummer.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodLg614PDined on 10/3/2014This was our first dinner stop on our recent trip to Napa. The food was amazing and service too.we had the fresh tomato salad, Fresh Halibut, and the short ribs. A must when visiting Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end gourmetMeatloafVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was a top notch experience. The food is modern and very eclectic. Sometimes flavor doesn't match when it is that modern, but it does here. We did the tasting menu along with the wine pairings. We each received different items for each course which made it all the more fun. More tasting opportunities. The standout for me was the Skate. We were very excited to go because everyone we encountered prior seemed to have already dined here and loved it.Special Features:
- Delicious lunch!Jenaqt23VIPDined on 10/2/2014The scallops and BLT sandwich (with pork belly!) was to die for. One of our favorite lunches in NapaSpecial Features:
- one of my best meals everhobbiechefDined on 10/1/2014Tasting menu was incredible. Chef if very talented. Turn this chef loose-you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceCgatoDined on 9/29/2014The service was excellent, the display exceptional, and the food, simply AMAZING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch.5starVIPDined on 9/28/2014We love eating brunch at Redd's. The food is always outstanding. My husband loves the has and poached eggs. I ordered the skate wing that was delicious. As always, service is excellent. Treat yourself to a wonderful brunch.Special Features:
- One of the Best Restaurants in NapaLovingnapaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, energetic atmosphere, upscale. Make sure to order the pork buns and wings off the bar menu; really two of the most delicious items but you have to ask for them. Matthew, at Cade winery, clued us in.Special Features:
- Great Dining experience!NapaValleyNoobieDined on 9/27/2014The wait staff was very sweet and it seemed as though that wasn't just special treatment for my daughter! Everyone around us was being taken special care of. Besides the service, there was a great cocktail list, an extensive wine list and the food and dessert were outstanding! HIghly Recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL RestaurantWorldtravellerDined on 9/25/2014Redd lives up to its name. Excellent, polite service & outstanding food. Loved the entire experience. Definitely will go again!Special Features:
- SpikeDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the experience. Four of us selected several dishes so we could taste as much as possible. Everything we ordered was very good including the glazed pork belly, calamari, caramelized diver scallops and shrimp salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!NestorVIPDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had the tasting menu and there was nothing among the 10 dishes served to us that we did not love!!Special Features:
- Excellent Evening at ReddcbsonickDined on 9/22/2014The food and service was delicious at Redd. My husband and I ordered some small plates/appetizers and split a salad an entree. The menu was so full of delicous options, we wanted to sample as many as we could. The blistering peppers and lobster risotto were spectacular. The panzanella salad came with a very nice salad dressing. The Sashimi Of Hamachi was very tasty and super fresh. The scallops were the best! We finished off with the Champagne sorbet, plum consommé, lemon verbena granite- out of this world great. I would recommend any and everyone to check out Redd.Special Features:
- Fabolous Tasting Menufoodie4lifeDined on 9/21/2014Four of us had dinner at Redd and we ordered the tasting menu. All the courses were fabulous. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was great. It was a great dining experience. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Spot in YountvilleRosieAVIPDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was wonderful. The lobster club is fantastic - served on sliced brioche that melts in the mouth. Our only quibble was the odd seating choices. In a fairly empty dining room, another couple was seated right next to us at the banquette. They asked to be reseated and felt compelled to apologize all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menu was decadent!lovetoeatVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had the five course tasting menu at lunch, and split one wine pairing. Unbelievabley delicious and beautiful to behold. At 60 dollars a person for five huge portions we thought the value was terrific, too. We sat inside so we didn't have a view, but the food held our attention. Worth mentioning is that we each had separate dishes...so we actually tasted ten choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Except for way over salted skate wing, dinner was very good. Unfortunately that mistake over shadowed excellent hamachi, lobster risotto ( sans truffle oil would have been better) and seared duck breast
- very good gourmet mealLoveToDineDined on 9/14/2014The lication, ambiance and service was excellent. The food was very good. The roasted pepper soup was delicious. Duck with peaches was also very good. Because we were sharing I also had the scallops appetizer and the sole. The menu descriptions looked great, but the sole was very bland, especially when compared to the duck. The scallops were ok, but somewhat bland as well. I wouldn't order either of those two dishes again. Overall though, and with the other dishes which i enjoyed it was a good experience and I wiuld go back if looking for a more formal atmosphere and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Brunch with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent!!! Normally we are there on a Saturday for lunch or dinner. Brought the family as it was my sister in law's birthday. We missed Ryan our normal waiter but Ise was perfect and he took care of our table.Special Features:
- Greatness all around!HeshVIPDined on 9/13/2014Spectacular! Best food I have ever had. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the tasting menuRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great dinner here. Skip the printed menu and go for the five course tasting menu. If you have two people each tasting course and wine pairing is different, so you actually get to try ten courses and ten wines if you share. First up was a delicious hamachi for me and tuna tartar for my wife, the tartar was one of the best I had. The hamachi was very good too. Then a coconut halibut dish for me with spicy clams and Carmelites scallops for her, both delicious. The NY steak and lamb with braised lamb were both outstanding, as was the chicken. For dessert, there were so many amazing flavors I don't even remember how to describe it, but was fantastic, all finished off with two bittersweet chocolate balls. Wine pairings were creative tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.