6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079442222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)special occasion (130)notable wine list (108)great for outdoor dining (104)romantic (68)great for lunch (62)hot spot (58)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (35)great for brunch (33)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fabulous brunch.5starVIPDined on 9/28/2014We love eating brunch at Redd's. The food is always outstanding. My husband loves the has and poached eggs. I ordered the skate wing that was delicious. As always, service is excellent. Treat yourself to a wonderful brunch.Special Features:
- One of the Best Restaurants in NapaLovingnapaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, energetic atmosphere, upscale. Make sure to order the pork buns and wings off the bar menu; really two of the most delicious items but you have to ask for them. Matthew, at Cade winery, clued us in.Special Features:
- Great Dining experience!NapaValleyNoobieDined on 9/27/2014The wait staff was very sweet and it seemed as though that wasn't just special treatment for my daughter! Everyone around us was being taken special care of. Besides the service, there was a great cocktail list, an extensive wine list and the food and dessert were outstanding! HIghly Recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL RestaurantWorldtravellerDined on 9/25/2014Redd lives up to its name. Excellent, polite service & outstanding food. Loved the entire experience. Definitely will go again!Special Features:
- SpikeDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the experience. Four of us selected several dishes so we could taste as much as possible. Everything we ordered was very good including the glazed pork belly, calamari, caramelized diver scallops and shrimp salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!NestorVIPDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had the tasting menu and there was nothing among the 10 dishes served to us that we did not love!!Special Features:
- Excellent Evening at ReddcbsonickDined on 9/22/2014The food and service was delicious at Redd. My husband and I ordered some small plates/appetizers and split a salad an entree. The menu was so full of delicous options, we wanted to sample as many as we could. The blistering peppers and lobster risotto were spectacular. The panzanella salad came with a very nice salad dressing. The Sashimi Of Hamachi was very tasty and super fresh. The scallops were the best! We finished off with the Champagne sorbet, plum consommé, lemon verbena granite- out of this world great. I would recommend any and everyone to check out Redd.Special Features:
- Fabolous Tasting Menufoodie4lifeDined on 9/21/2014Four of us had dinner at Redd and we ordered the tasting menu. All the courses were fabulous. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was great. It was a great dining experience. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Spot in YountvilleRosieAVIPDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was wonderful. The lobster club is fantastic - served on sliced brioche that melts in the mouth. Our only quibble was the odd seating choices. In a fairly empty dining room, another couple was seated right next to us at the banquette. They asked to be reseated and felt compelled to apologize all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menu was decadent!lovetoeatVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had the five course tasting menu at lunch, and split one wine pairing. Unbelievabley delicious and beautiful to behold. At 60 dollars a person for five huge portions we thought the value was terrific, too. We sat inside so we didn't have a view, but the food held our attention. Worth mentioning is that we each had separate dishes...so we actually tasted ten choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Except for way over salted skate wing, dinner was very good. Unfortunately that mistake over shadowed excellent hamachi, lobster risotto ( sans truffle oil would have been better) and seared duck breast
- very good gourmet mealLoveToDineDined on 9/14/2014The lication, ambiance and service was excellent. The food was very good. The roasted pepper soup was delicious. Duck with peaches was also very good. Because we were sharing I also had the scallops appetizer and the sole. The menu descriptions looked great, but the sole was very bland, especially when compared to the duck. The scallops were ok, but somewhat bland as well. I wouldn't order either of those two dishes again. Overall though, and with the other dishes which i enjoyed it was a good experience and I wiuld go back if looking for a more formal atmosphere and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Brunch with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent!!! Normally we are there on a Saturday for lunch or dinner. Brought the family as it was my sister in law's birthday. We missed Ryan our normal waiter but Ise was perfect and he took care of our table.Special Features:
- Greatness all around!HeshVIPDined on 9/13/2014Spectacular! Best food I have ever had. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the tasting menuRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great dinner here. Skip the printed menu and go for the five course tasting menu. If you have two people each tasting course and wine pairing is different, so you actually get to try ten courses and ten wines if you share. First up was a delicious hamachi for me and tuna tartar for my wife, the tartar was one of the best I had. The hamachi was very good too. Then a coconut halibut dish for me with spicy clams and Carmelites scallops for her, both delicious. The NY steak and lamb with braised lamb were both outstanding, as was the chicken. For dessert, there were so many amazing flavors I don't even remember how to describe it, but was fantastic, all finished off with two bittersweet chocolate balls. Wine pairings were creative tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss ReddLindaHDined on 9/12/2014This place has an odd ambiance, initially not inviting, very austere inside and out. But for some reason as it fills up with the evening crowd, it works beautifully. The wait staff is well trained and excellent, but a bit haughty. Although the timing of courses was almost a little slower than I would have liked, my group was able to sit for several hours; no one rushed us. The main selling point here is the food. It was spectacular- the lobster risotto, the pimientos des padrones, wow. I will come here whenever I am back in the area, you should too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drowning Food with SauceEJamiForeverDined on 9/12/2014Pluses: Great, great space. Excellent service. Very nice wine list and interesting cocktails. Dishes Tried: Chicken lettuce wraps; crispy calamari; shrimp noodle dish; hoisin pork buns; blt; lamb meatballs. Best dish: Calamari. Biggest complaint: Chicken lettuce and pork buns tasted almost exactly the same because both (particularly the pork) WERE DROWNING IN HOISIN SAUCE. Gross. Bleah. Not good. Next food complaint: The shrimp were great. The rest of the dish needed, um, FLAVOR.Special Features:
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Redd was the perfect dining experience for our anniversary. As surprise to my husband. A short walk from the inn. Attention as soon as we walked in. The perfect table outside. We selected the 5 course xs 2. ..all plates were perfect in presentation and taste. .not to mention the desserts. Would I return, in a heartbeat. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at Redd on a very hot weekday1buffalobabaDined on 9/11/2014day visit to yountville for lunch on a scorching day in napa with friends visiting from out of town...recommended via the 2014 sf chronicles' 100 top bay area restaurants. simple but elegant, quiet, and cool interior (outdoor patio looked delightful but too hot that day). none of us had wine but the list was impressive. I was awed by my smoked trout salad with a daikon and creme fraiche dressing with roasted beets. then I was blown away by the savory sweet and salty taco-like pork buns made with mouth watering chunks of pork belly in a hoison sauce. too satisfied after that, but tempted by spectacular desert menu. try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in Napa ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Redd is our favorite restaurant in Napa Valley because the service is great and the food is even better. I highly recommend the lobster risotto and halibut. Don't forget dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of our 3 dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Great Yountville dining experience. Food was impeccable would definitely have gone back if we had time. The best restaurant we experienced during our 3 day visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The StopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The scallops were well prepared the combination of ingredients made this a must order again dish. I recommend sitting outside for lunch so that you can enjoy the food and city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereVivianSVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went thinking this was a Michelin one-star restaurant but realized later it lost its star this year, so this review reflects that. The service was wonderful - our server was sweet, smiley and hardworking - she was injured but kept limping along at full speed all evening to make sure everyone was okay. Our starters were red pepper soup, duck confit and pork belly. The pork belly was hands down the best and everyone wished they had ordered that. The soup was good, confit not as tasty as expected. For entrees, we had the prime NY steak with short rib, pork tenderloin and duck breast. The pork was a tad dry and kind of bland, steak was fine but not outstanding, and the duck was cooked right but not as flavorful as expected. Hearty portions!Special Features:
- A true gem in YountvillemsbnyVIPDined on 9/2/2014We adore this restaurant. It does happen to be located in the most charming neighborhood of Napa Valley. The food is truly inventive and consistently delicious. Service is polite and friendly. Outdoor seating is lovely. They have an outdoor fireplace. The ambiance is quiet and serene. During our last visit, I started with a red pepper soup, my husband had the tuna appetizer. Both were incredible. Perfect complimentary use of end of summer fresh corn. I continued with halibut and my husband with sole. Both perfectly cooked and presented dishes. I am sure we will keep going back to Redd every time we are in Napa.Special Features:
- DisappointingGastronomeDined on 9/2/2014Sorry we used one of our nights in Yountville to eat at Redd. Tried unsuccessfully to move back a 6 pm table, only to see many empty later that evening. We requested outdoor seating when reserved, but were told the the couple in front of us got the last one, despite many empty tables outside. The next party to arrive was also seated outside. The salad was not much better than a chain restaurant, with one of the key ingredients being past it's prime. A medium rare duck breast was barely rare, sent back and disappeared until long after my dining companion had finished eating. They did comp the duck entree, but the food was not up to the hype, failing to compensate for the service flaws.
- Incredible dining experienceMVE1961VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had the tasting menu with wine parings and it was fantastic. Unlike most tasting menus, they serve different dishes and wine parings to each person for all five courses. You get to share and taste 10 different incredible things and taste all 10 wines. Creative and the food was among our favorite meals ever. Also a good financial value vs. ordering wine from the list. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Royal ReddNeedlesDined on 8/28/2014Yountville is a real foodie town and I think Redd is probably at the top of the list and deserves any accolades going! The tasting menu is five courses and as we were two, we were presented with a different dish at each course, so we in fact tasted ten different dishes-amazing. Service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerjulesd123Dined on 8/26/2014We had a great meal at Redd this week. Food was very well done. Service was also helpful, yet not overdone. There was a little extra noise only because we were on the outside patio and there was some road noise here and there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs tasting is fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014We absolutely loved this chefs tasting dinner and wine pairing. We each received 5 courses with different wine pairings which allowed us to taste 10 when we shared. Talented chef and sommelier made this a very memorable dinner.Special Features:
- amazing food and servicestressed14Dined on 8/25/2014we have eaten here several times, and every time, I love it more. the food is so fresh and playful. it's so beautiful! the service is always outstanding. Paul was our server this time and he was great, without being overbearing! I would highly recommend it, and it doesn't break the bank like some places around there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STELLAR TASTES / TEXTURES & SERVICEFoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/23/2014Chef / Owner Richard Reddington has worked at Michelin 3-star restaurants (Daniel in N.Y.; L'Arpege & Le Moulin de Mougins in France) * Spago in Beverly Hills * Jardiniere in S.F. * Executive Chef at Auberge du Soleil and it goes on & on. We chose the Chef's Tasting Menu. This consists of five courses for $80, with wine pairings it's $125. Some of the Chef's selections included Yellowfin Tuna Tartare * Caramelized Diver Scallops * Lamb * Pork Belly * Short Ribs * Petrale Sole and great desserts. We both received a different selection for the five courses, so it was nice to trade plates half way through each course (so we each had 10 tastes / textures) !!! Our server (and waitstaff) were on their game, upbeat, fun and knew their product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible meal in every way!Napa123VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant in wonderful. The service and ambiance are both perfect but the food is incredible! Complex and unique dishes that are executed masterfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I ordered the NY Steak. I wanted a steak, but instead got just a few slices of a steak, and hardly more than one bite of a short rib. The plate came with an onion sauce that had very little flavor. My dish was served luke warm. I was very disappointed with my meal. My wife got a risotto dish and she enjoyed it. For a highly recommended place, I was disappointed. Our waiter and the service, in general, was very good.
- abbvABBVDined on 8/22/2014Unlike other dining experiences, it lacked the warmth and genuine welcoming upon checking in. Table service was excellent, ambience was moderately sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014There are not enough washrooms in this restaurant. During our visit, one of the washrooms was our of order, leaving only one working for the entire restaurant. We spent at least a half hour of our time waiting in a lineup for the restrooms. Other than that the experience was great. The food is outstanding, the service was slow, but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/16/2014Interesting menu, and good choices, plus a wonderful wine menu. We were all very satisfied with our entrees, except for he desserts. The choices are the weakest on the menu, plus the coffee also was served cold. While service was quite good, it was rushed and lacked finesse.eg: Seemed like our waiter wanted to turn the table ASAP. Not cool in this quality of restaurant. We were also missing some silverware pieces when food was being served, that we had to ask for. All small things, but overall it mounts to a lack of training, and not expected in this caliber of restaurant....Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant in Yountville!WendyDined on 8/16/2014Everything we had here was amazing! Two of us had the duck breast and I had the New York steak/short rib dish. Both were superbly cooked and very delicious. Top notch service too.Special Features:
- Wow!WeBgrubbinDined on 8/16/2014High end dining with casual dress code and great atmosphere. Phenomenal service! Thank you REDD for an amazing anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMcl18Dined on 8/15/2014We loved the small menu that had something for both myself and boyfriend - a tad hard to find a good affordable wine, but the sommelier was very helpful and didn't push something pricy on us which was super appreciated! Overall very nice, a bit lacking in decor but I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our party of four dined outside for lunch. We all chose the five course option, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Instead of each of us getting the same dish, the chef prepared separate dishes for each pair of us. The food, service, wine, and Napa setting made for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.