6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: (707) 944-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (208)special occasion (144)great for outdoor dining (112)notable wine list (111)romantic (81)great for lunch (79)hot spot (69)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (49)great for brunch (36)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Terrific food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014We visited Redd on our final night in wine country - what a treat! They have a great patio spot with fireplace; the inside decor was a bit plain for our taste but the food and service certainly made up for that. The food was delicious and service was wonderful. A great experience & we'll certainly be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful, as always!gabiannieDined on 11/22/2014Every time we travel to Napa, we make a point of dining at Redd. The food and ambiance are the best examples of all Napa has to offer. We take great pleasure in introducing friends to the pleasure of lunch on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive from Marin just for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014What a delicious meal my boyfriend and I had here with our little dog, Lola on the patio. We started with the hamachi appetizer and the apple salad. Both were delicious and nicely portioned. For our main course we had the duck and the mushroom risotto with truffles which were both amazing. We eat all over San Francisco and have eaten at many wine country restaurants and Redd definitely stood out for us. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key and nitNadineDined on 11/21/2014Low key service which is good but don't feel that you are particularly made to feel welcome. Great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely try the Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2014We were super excited to try the Redd Tasting menu. The chef did not disappoint. The best part of the tasting menu is as two people each of us received something different so we were able to try 10 different items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itMusicMajorDined on 11/20/2014With our $150 gift certificate in hand, we dined, last Thursday evening, at Redd. Our evening began with small, complimentary, servings of soups, a lobster bisque and a spicy lentil soup. My husband had a "duck pageant" with the duck confit plate as his starter, and the duck breast as his main. Both dishes were beautifully served, and the duck breast portion was unexpectedly large (and served quite rare). My starter was the beet salad with smoked trout rillettes, which was fantastic with the added citrus flavors. For my main I had the skate wing with seasonal vegetables, which was also delicious. We shared a dessert of sticky toffee pudding with crème fraiche ice cream, huckleberries, and toasted almonds. We each had a single glass of wine ($$$$). With tax and tip, we added a fiver to our gift certificate. So, go to Redd prepared to spend $$$. But it will be worth it, with a lovely setting and fabulous service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/19/2014This is my seventh visit to Redd and maybe the best yet! We had dinner reservations at 6:30 but got to restaurant way early and decided to eat at the bar. It was a rainy Wednesday evening and the dining room was quiet. The bar was a great decision. The bartender was very entertaining and totally hooked us up with a couple extra items. Everything we ordered was outstanding. My friend and I decided to share everything so we could try more. Started with the fall greens salad with apples and cranberries, risotto with lobster, and the steamed pork buns (bar menu). The restaurant brought us out a tasting of the glazed pork belly and duck confit. I have no complaints about any item on the menu. I would order every thing again. Couldn't have asked for a better evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was memorable.edwardDined on 11/19/2014we had the duck and sole. each had complex and amazing taste combinations. the introductory soups were amazing as well. service was excellent - friendly and informative. the setting is simple and contemporary but I though well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharSharVIPDined on 11/19/2014We had lunch and it was beyond belief fabulous. We had the chefs tasting menu and we couldn't be more pleased. Everything exceeded our expectation. We just returned recently from Paris and Italy and it was as good as anything, better than most, that we ate there. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantRyanDined on 11/17/2014Very romantic and classy restaurant. You can't go wrong with Redd. The food was delicious! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2014No visit to Yountville is complete without having dinner at Redd. The tasting menu is the best way to sample the menue and the wine pairings are the perfect compliment. Superb and daring, one of the best in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014We took our daughter for her birthday dinner. The restaurant exceeded our expectations. We have nothing but excellent things to say about Redd; it was truly a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for a special occasionPinotVista2Dined on 11/15/2014Our server Isssy(?) was outstanding very attentive The food top the scale it was impressive for our guests from StLouis We were pleased to show off our town best restaurants Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!51foodieDined on 11/15/2014Had Saturday lunch with friends and could not have enjoyed it more. Beautiful setting, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the great weather. Server and staff were exceptionally well trained and friendly. Pork belly starter was amazing. Butternut soup was the best I've ever had. Server recommended a lovely Pinot that accompanied everything well. Mains included the lamb meatballs, duck (exceptional) and scallops. Will definitely go back because of the great food, friendly service and beautiful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well edited menuDentonmelDined on 11/14/20142nd time to Redd and we will be back. It is not our norm to return to the same restaurant because we want to discover something new, but this is the kinda a restaurant you "take to meet your parents". Pork belly is a must. We have tried so many and this is top 2. Sunchoke soup was fantastic. Wait staff won't steer you wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty and LoudpassionfishDined on 11/13/2014I had the sole. It was salty and the clams and sausage didn't go with it very well. The restaurant is very loud. Conversation is difficult.Special Features:
- service must be betterMarcoxxxVIPDined on 11/13/2014Very slow service, we got bread just before desserts! need to take more care of the guests,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2014Technically, not a bad experience. However, having eaten at other places of the same caliber in the area, this was a little disappointing given the reviews. Our server was cold...here's the menu, we have specials, what do you want to order? Very robotic, no enthusiasm for the food or wine. No suggestions, favorites or other discussion. Food was brought out efficiently and the waiter did check on us with every course. The food was fine. The pumpkin soup was good and my husband seemed to like the chicken thighs, but neither of us were over the moon about the apps. For dinner, I had the pork tenderloin; it had a nice crust of seasonings, and was prepared medium. My husband got the beef, which was under seasoned. The sticky toffee pudding for dessert was very good. There was nothing that stood out at this place. If you are looking for a place that is mediocre, this is the place to go. With so many other fabulous places in Napa and Sonoma, I would take this off the short list and explore other venues.Special Features:
- Feed Your Gourmet Tooth at ReddOutOfTownFoodieDined on 11/11/2014Nice gourmet offerings for appetizers, entrees, and desserts at Redd. Order off the menu or they have a prix fixe menu. Portions were small, especially the appetizers (except the lobster risotto which was large, but the lobster was rather tasteless.) High corkage fee ($25. for the first two and $50. for a third bottle) compared to other restaurants in the Valley. Friendly service. Nice, elegant atmosphere. Had 3 people in our group, and with tip, the bill was over $300. Each person had an appetizer and entree, dessert and a total of 5 glasses of wine between us. Everything is ala carte, so no salads or accompaniments offered with the meal. Small amuse bouche was tasty at the start. Best part of the meal was the dessert. All were great portion size and excellent. Overall, a bit disappointing entrees, as the taste of the meals didn't quite match our expectations from the descriptions. Really good food, just not GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd RestsurantPhylDined on 11/10/2014Redd was a great place for dinner! The food was exquisitely presented and equally as delicious. The noise level was a bit high. Bar seemed to be pretty busy. Outdoor dining was very popular as propane heaters were putting out heat to keep the guests warm. I would put this restaurant on my list of restaurants not to miss while in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monterey Bay Seafood WatchEFWCDined on 11/9/2014Redd has a long seafood list. I asked about several items origins, including the special, I was dismayed that they were on the "avoid" of the Monterey Bay Seafood watch. The waiter even mentioned the Monterey Bay list, so he knew what I was getting at. How can a California restaurant, serving really excellent food purchase seafood on the avoid list? I also had the rabbit appetizer. Perfect, succulent. I would have preferred it taste a little gamier, and the leg was large making me think they got it from a farm where the rabbit isn't allowed to run around. But I'm assuming this...So from a restaurant of this calliber, I would have preferred to have seen a little more deference and attention to local, sustainable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to Satisfycherry3pt14Dined on 11/9/2014We come here every year. The restaurant NEVER fails to deliver. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive. There is a sommelier. I love bourbon and the list is extensive. Make sure you ask to hear the nightly "specials" before you get too caught up with the menu. We usually get set on something then change our minds after we hear the specials. The lighting is soft. The dress code is all over the board. We come dressed or dress casual but have seen people in shorts. It's such a classy place I would pass on the shorts. Maybe khakis and a polo shirt are as casual as I'd go. It's not cheap but not over the top pricey. I would say that you definitely get what you pay for. If you want casual try their other restaurant, Reddwood, down the street. Great food and service with a casual vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd - WOW2nd2no1Dined on 11/6/2014- you have to go here when in the Napa Valley - food is fantastic - The menu is interesting and has some great items prepared like no other.Special Features:
- excellent service & foodfllfoodieDined on 11/5/2014Decent portions, service was attentive yet unobtrusive. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and trendy decorcampy23Dined on 11/5/2014Redd is much more modern than the other Napa restaurants we visited. It was less charming but still very elegant. I really liked the pork belly and tuna apps. I got the skate wing for entree and it was really deliciously prepared. Would definitely recommend for a ny style restaurant in napaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014Redd is a wonderful restaurant with great food and top-notch service. The pumpkin soup was superb, and the skate wing is probably the best dish I've had in Yountville. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...WineryGuyDined on 11/4/2014Good, but could have been a tad better. Nice look and feel. Enjoyable but not OUTSTANDING. We would return, but without such excitement or anticipation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!BhydvmDined on 11/2/2014Our group dined at Redd for brunch on a Sunday afternoon and all were raving about the experience as we toured Napa! A lovely spot with a beautiful patio tucked in to a corner in Yountville just across the street from the Villagio resort. They have a very nice wine list however most of our group preferred their Iced Tea (nice presentation) since we had already been drinking wine that morning....for an appetizer try the smoked salmon and for an entree three of our group had the lobster club...all thought it was amazing! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super DinnerFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great food from appetizer to dessert. My top pick in NapaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnaSDined on 11/1/2014Excellent food and service! A bit noisy, but it doesn't matter. All the meal was perfect!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesn YountvilleMimosalinVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had an amazing anniversary dinner. It started out with a cocktail called the fall sour that I could drink all evening followed by...hamachi collar on Asian noodle salad...OMG...perfectly cooked and just the right amount of seasoning. I then had striped bass with wild rice and chestnut purée which I now feel like I need to learn how to reverse engineer. The dessert was perfectly light and disappeared in seconds. There are so many great places in Yountville but Redd really stands out in a town of great food. We will definitely go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I had lunch at Redds and were very disappointed with everything but the service. Our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. The dining room design was minimalist and cold. My husband had the pork buns and they were extremely salty and fatty. He couldn't eat it. I had the small plate scallops. The scallops were good but the accompanying cauliflower couldn't have been much more than one finely chopped floret. Not a big deal but why no ice in the water? We shared dessert and again very small portions and not very good. Really wanted to like this place but won't return. Maybe trying to be too trendy? Overpriced too, even for wine country.
- Great tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014The tasting menu with the wine pairings was fantastic. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the perfect 10luv2eatVIPDined on 10/27/2014Very really do I say that an experience at a restaurant was just perfect- however our meal there was. From the moment we walked in every person we met and talked with, every bite of food, the ambience and in particular the service was just perfect. We asked to share all of our courses and the food was brought on 2 plates which is so appreciated without a bat of eyelashes from any waiter etc. We didn't want to spend a ton on a bottle of wine and the sommelier didn't bat an eye when we asked for a recommendation and his selection was terrific. The risotto with lobster was about as good as perfection can get.Special Features:
- Redds' the bestdisappointedaftehhawaiiDined on 10/27/2014We had the tasting plates for 2. It gave us 10 taste of the chefs' cooking. They started at great and went up from there. The meal took about an 1-3/4 hours. Walked away stuffed and completely satisfied. They ask if you have any preference on your meal and prepared it aaccordingly. The meal was explained for every dish, ingredients, preparation, etc. Also available is a wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItUnabashedFoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went to Napa for the weekend and hit great dining spots: Morimoto, Red Door, Ad Hoc, Oenotori. All were great but Redd ties for first place with Morimoto (which was 3 times more expensive). My 2 dishes were delicate and delightful. My husband's were knock your socks off powerful with flavor. May the pork buns live on forever. Service excellent and quiet well appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visitFoodiegirlDined on 10/25/2014We had eaten at Redd before and had a wonderful experience. This time the service was very poor. We barely saw our waiter and we had to ask three different people for bread before we finally got it.
- Best In ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Redd is consistently one of our best meals in Napa Valley. It's in the same neighborhood as some heavyweight restaurants (several owned by the famous Thomas Kelleher) and it is always the stand out for us. Everything is fresh, in season and deceptively simply prepared. For lunch last week (mid-October), I started with a pumpkin soup with chesnut creme fraiche, a little kale and pomegranate seeds, drizzled with pomegranate reduction. I have been dreaming about it ever since! The rest of our lunch more than kept up with that first course. We've been every time we visit Napa and it will be our first reservation next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!bzb2Dined on 10/24/2014Instead of a main entree we shared four different appetizers. The pumpkin soup with chestnut puree. Outstanding. It was a fun experience.
- Great lunchAhmzDined on 10/24/2014Wife and I enjoyed the five course lunch. Takes a few hours to complete, but was definitely worth it. Tuna tartare, hamachi, mussels, scallops, chicken, duck, beef and lamb. We ate it all. And the dessert does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.