6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: (707) 944-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (207)special occasion (142)great for outdoor dining (113)notable wine list (110)romantic (80)great for lunch (79)hot spot (68)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (48)great for brunch (36)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- My wife's favorite restaurantfloydsterVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food here is fantastic. My wife loves the steamed pork buns. Everything on the menu is a winner. Great service makes for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Napa experience!CarolVIPDined on 10/19/2014Fantastic food--fabulous service and excellent location! Redd is a must if you're in Yountville. I've been twice for brunch and it's been delicious. The pork bun is my favorite--and a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSimonpikeVIPDined on 10/18/2014The service was outstanding and the food preparation was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside lunch at ReddbmarieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Lovely lunch at Redd! Everything was delicious and the service was attentive, helpful and pleasant without being obnoxious. Thanks! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Napa gem!BruinRoxDined on 10/13/2014We came here for our anniversary and were not disappointed! The menu had so many great selections that our original plan was to order all the appetizers we liked and then perhaps split an entree. We never made it to the entree! We ordered two of the special appetizers - oysters on a half shell, and the soft shell crab (both delicious) - and 3 items off the menu. All were incredible. Even though we were stuffed, however, we ordered two desserts (also amazing), which topped off an outstanding dinner. We will definitely go again (especially to actually try the entrees!). We are foodies, and we have gone to some extraordinary restaurants in the Napa and Sonoma area, but this one launched to the top for us. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great BrunchTIFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I were visiting Napa Valley for a few days, and had brunch here with our 24-year old daughter who lives nearby. Great Experience...ambience, food and service were excellent....we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for twoPatersonJoshDined on 10/11/2014Second visit to Redd and same result; fantastic experience. Dined here three years ago and again this year (October 2014) and this place is top 5 on my list of US dining gems. Unbelievable food, great wine selections, super service and just a beautiful location. Recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Fantastic food but...CbDSmDDined on 10/9/2014Amazing food! We had the pork belly, ahi tartare and lobster risotto. Perfectly prepared and great presentation. Cool decor, modern but warm. The only thing lacking at Redd was the service. Our server and the staff in General were not very friendly or enthusiastic about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eat!EcoastfoodieDined on 10/6/2014Redd was our first dining experience in Yountville and did not disappoint in setting the tone for our visit. Everything from start to finish was excellent. Thoughtful, well balanced flavors, creative and incredibly fresh dishes. Definitely a must if visiting the Napa valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZinfanDined on 10/6/2014Always incredible. Had a 2 1/2 hour lunch there last Monday. I brought a special bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, asked that it be decanted, and explained we would be there for awhile. Ordered a bottle of Champagne and a dozen oysters. The wines, oysters, apps, and mains were all delivered as professionally as one comes to expect from Redd and the "delayed" our service exactly as requested. Even if the service wasn't great, you need to come here because of the food. It's always memorable and prepared perfectly. It's also a value if there is such a thing in Yountville. You can achieve semi-decent pricing in Yountville (R&D, Ciccio, etc.) but you can't achieve them while dining at this fine of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEat2livelive2eatDined on 10/4/2014I usually love redd and try to go there for our anniversary. This last visit left me looking for another place to spend our special night. The service was not what it usually is, maybe we had a new waiter. The food wasn't as creative or tasty as it has been in the past. I didn't finish my dinner because I didn't care for it and the waiter never came to ask how we were doing and We actually left without dessert because there wasn't anything we wanted. I can't find excuses for it because we were there when they opened for dinner and it wasn't crowded yet. Bummer.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodLg614PDined on 10/3/2014This was our first dinner stop on our recent trip to Napa. The food was amazing and service too.we had the fresh tomato salad, Fresh Halibut, and the short ribs. A must when visiting Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end gourmetMeatloafVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was a top notch experience. The food is modern and very eclectic. Sometimes flavor doesn't match when it is that modern, but it does here. We did the tasting menu along with the wine pairings. We each received different items for each course which made it all the more fun. More tasting opportunities. The standout for me was the Skate. We were very excited to go because everyone we encountered prior seemed to have already dined here and loved it.Special Features:
- Delicious lunch!Jenaqt23VIPDined on 10/2/2014The scallops and BLT sandwich (with pork belly!) was to die for. One of our favorite lunches in NapaSpecial Features:
- one of my best meals everhobbiechefDined on 10/1/2014Tasting menu was incredible. Chef if very talented. Turn this chef loose-you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceCgatoDined on 9/29/2014The service was excellent, the display exceptional, and the food, simply AMAZING!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch.5starVIPDined on 9/28/2014We love eating brunch at Redd's. The food is always outstanding. My husband loves the has and poached eggs. I ordered the skate wing that was delicious. As always, service is excellent. Treat yourself to a wonderful brunch.Special Features:
- One of the Best Restaurants in NapaLovingnapaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, energetic atmosphere, upscale. Make sure to order the pork buns and wings off the bar menu; really two of the most delicious items but you have to ask for them. Matthew, at Cade winery, clued us in.Special Features:
- Great Dining experience!NapaValleyNoobieDined on 9/27/2014The wait staff was very sweet and it seemed as though that wasn't just special treatment for my daughter! Everyone around us was being taken special care of. Besides the service, there was a great cocktail list, an extensive wine list and the food and dessert were outstanding! HIghly Recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL RestaurantWorldtravellerDined on 9/25/2014Redd lives up to its name. Excellent, polite service & outstanding food. Loved the entire experience. Definitely will go again!Special Features:
- SpikeDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the experience. Four of us selected several dishes so we could taste as much as possible. Everything we ordered was very good including the glazed pork belly, calamari, caramelized diver scallops and shrimp salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!NestorVIPDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had the tasting menu and there was nothing among the 10 dishes served to us that we did not love!!Special Features:
- Excellent Evening at ReddcbsonickDined on 9/22/2014The food and service was delicious at Redd. My husband and I ordered some small plates/appetizers and split a salad an entree. The menu was so full of delicous options, we wanted to sample as many as we could. The blistering peppers and lobster risotto were spectacular. The panzanella salad came with a very nice salad dressing. The Sashimi Of Hamachi was very tasty and super fresh. The scallops were the best! We finished off with the Champagne sorbet, plum consommé, lemon verbena granite- out of this world great. I would recommend any and everyone to check out Redd.Special Features:
- Fabolous Tasting Menufoodie4lifeDined on 9/21/2014Four of us had dinner at Redd and we ordered the tasting menu. All the courses were fabulous. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was great. It was a great dining experience. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Spot in YountvilleRosieAVIPDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was wonderful. The lobster club is fantastic - served on sliced brioche that melts in the mouth. Our only quibble was the odd seating choices. In a fairly empty dining room, another couple was seated right next to us at the banquette. They asked to be reseated and felt compelled to apologize all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menu was decadent!lovetoeatVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had the five course tasting menu at lunch, and split one wine pairing. Unbelievabley delicious and beautiful to behold. At 60 dollars a person for five huge portions we thought the value was terrific, too. We sat inside so we didn't have a view, but the food held our attention. Worth mentioning is that we each had separate dishes...so we actually tasted ten choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Except for way over salted skate wing, dinner was very good. Unfortunately that mistake over shadowed excellent hamachi, lobster risotto ( sans truffle oil would have been better) and seared duck breast
- very good gourmet mealLoveToDineDined on 9/14/2014The lication, ambiance and service was excellent. The food was very good. The roasted pepper soup was delicious. Duck with peaches was also very good. Because we were sharing I also had the scallops appetizer and the sole. The menu descriptions looked great, but the sole was very bland, especially when compared to the duck. The scallops were ok, but somewhat bland as well. I wouldn't order either of those two dishes again. Overall though, and with the other dishes which i enjoyed it was a good experience and I wiuld go back if looking for a more formal atmosphere and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Brunch with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent!!! Normally we are there on a Saturday for lunch or dinner. Brought the family as it was my sister in law's birthday. We missed Ryan our normal waiter but Ise was perfect and he took care of our table.Special Features:
- Greatness all around!HeshVIPDined on 9/13/2014Spectacular! Best food I have ever had. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the tasting menuRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great dinner here. Skip the printed menu and go for the five course tasting menu. If you have two people each tasting course and wine pairing is different, so you actually get to try ten courses and ten wines if you share. First up was a delicious hamachi for me and tuna tartar for my wife, the tartar was one of the best I had. The hamachi was very good too. Then a coconut halibut dish for me with spicy clams and Carmelites scallops for her, both delicious. The NY steak and lamb with braised lamb were both outstanding, as was the chicken. For dessert, there were so many amazing flavors I don't even remember how to describe it, but was fantastic, all finished off with two bittersweet chocolate balls. Wine pairings were creative tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss ReddLindaHDined on 9/12/2014This place has an odd ambiance, initially not inviting, very austere inside and out. But for some reason as it fills up with the evening crowd, it works beautifully. The wait staff is well trained and excellent, but a bit haughty. Although the timing of courses was almost a little slower than I would have liked, my group was able to sit for several hours; no one rushed us. The main selling point here is the food. It was spectacular- the lobster risotto, the pimientos des padrones, wow. I will come here whenever I am back in the area, you should too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drowning Food with SauceEJamiForeverDined on 9/12/2014Pluses: Great, great space. Excellent service. Very nice wine list and interesting cocktails. Dishes Tried: Chicken lettuce wraps; crispy calamari; shrimp noodle dish; hoisin pork buns; blt; lamb meatballs. Best dish: Calamari. Biggest complaint: Chicken lettuce and pork buns tasted almost exactly the same because both (particularly the pork) WERE DROWNING IN HOISIN SAUCE. Gross. Bleah. Not good. Next food complaint: The shrimp were great. The rest of the dish needed, um, FLAVOR.Special Features:
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Redd was the perfect dining experience for our anniversary. As surprise to my husband. A short walk from the inn. Attention as soon as we walked in. The perfect table outside. We selected the 5 course xs 2. ..all plates were perfect in presentation and taste. .not to mention the desserts. Would I return, in a heartbeat. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at Redd on a very hot weekday1buffalobabaDined on 9/11/2014day visit to yountville for lunch on a scorching day in napa with friends visiting from out of town...recommended via the 2014 sf chronicles' 100 top bay area restaurants. simple but elegant, quiet, and cool interior (outdoor patio looked delightful but too hot that day). none of us had wine but the list was impressive. I was awed by my smoked trout salad with a daikon and creme fraiche dressing with roasted beets. then I was blown away by the savory sweet and salty taco-like pork buns made with mouth watering chunks of pork belly in a hoison sauce. too satisfied after that, but tempted by spectacular desert menu. try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in Napa ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Redd is our favorite restaurant in Napa Valley because the service is great and the food is even better. I highly recommend the lobster risotto and halibut. Don't forget dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of our 3 dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Great Yountville dining experience. Food was impeccable would definitely have gone back if we had time. The best restaurant we experienced during our 3 day visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The StopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The scallops were well prepared the combination of ingredients made this a must order again dish. I recommend sitting outside for lunch so that you can enjoy the food and city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereVivianSVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went thinking this was a Michelin one-star restaurant but realized later it lost its star this year, so this review reflects that. The service was wonderful - our server was sweet, smiley and hardworking - she was injured but kept limping along at full speed all evening to make sure everyone was okay. Our starters were red pepper soup, duck confit and pork belly. The pork belly was hands down the best and everyone wished they had ordered that. The soup was good, confit not as tasty as expected. For entrees, we had the prime NY steak with short rib, pork tenderloin and duck breast. The pork was a tad dry and kind of bland, steak was fine but not outstanding, and the duck was cooked right but not as flavorful as expected. Hearty portions!Special Features:
- A true gem in YountvillemsbnyVIPDined on 9/2/2014We adore this restaurant. It does happen to be located in the most charming neighborhood of Napa Valley. The food is truly inventive and consistently delicious. Service is polite and friendly. Outdoor seating is lovely. They have an outdoor fireplace. The ambiance is quiet and serene. During our last visit, I started with a red pepper soup, my husband had the tuna appetizer. Both were incredible. Perfect complimentary use of end of summer fresh corn. I continued with halibut and my husband with sole. Both perfectly cooked and presented dishes. I am sure we will keep going back to Redd every time we are in Napa.Special Features: