6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079442222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (161)special occasion (126)notable wine list (101)great for outdoor dining (93)romantic (69)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (47)great for brunch (33)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- SWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014There are not enough washrooms in this restaurant. During our visit, one of the washrooms was our of order, leaving only one working for the entire restaurant. We spent at least a half hour of our time waiting in a lineup for the restrooms. Other than that the experience was great. The food is outstanding, the service was slow, but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/16/2014Interesting menu, and good choices, plus a wonderful wine menu. We were all very satisfied with our entrees, except for he desserts. The choices are the weakest on the menu, plus the coffee also was served cold. While service was quite good, it was rushed and lacked finesse.eg: Seemed like our waiter wanted to turn the table ASAP. Not cool in this quality of restaurant. We were also missing some silverware pieces when food was being served, that we had to ask for. All small things, but overall it mounts to a lack of training, and not expected in this caliber of restaurant....Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant in Yountville!WendyDined on 8/16/2014Everything we had here was amazing! Two of us had the duck breast and I had the New York steak/short rib dish. Both were superbly cooked and very delicious. Top notch service too.Special Features:
- Wow!WeBgrubbinDined on 8/16/2014High end dining with casual dress code and great atmosphere. Phenomenal service! Thank you REDD for an amazing anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our party of four dined outside for lunch. We all chose the five course option, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Instead of each of us getting the same dish, the chef prepared separate dishes for each pair of us. The food, service, wine, and Napa setting made for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 stars, not 5OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014Not sure I can find the right words to describe, the lunchtime food and service were fairly good, but overall both just seemed almost "tired" - not as "exciting" as the prices and hype, nor on par with my previous experiences there. Don't want to damn with faint praise as it was still in the top 20% or so of places where I have had lunch, but not in the top tier.
- GREAT PLACE!!!CharlyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We will be back next time we are in town!!! Everything was perfect and we loved the food and setting!!!Special Features:
- Excellect food!GEF1Dined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent and cooked perfectly. However, the service was very rushed that evening for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous foodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food at Redd is constantly amazing. Whenever I have a reason to be in the Napa area, I always try to eat at Redd. This time I had the scallops with cauliflower which was incredible.Special Features:
- Our Return to ReddLosFelizNatvDined on 8/9/2014We were so enamored of Redd after a fantastic Valentine's Day lunch that we vowed to return there for dinner next time we were in the Napa Valley. We were ushered to a great table as soon as we arrived for our 6:45 reservations. The first course of diver scallops for my wife and tempura squash blossoms with blistered padrone peppers for me were both outstanding. The preparation of these dishes allowed the freshness to shine. The second courses of the duck breast and the black stripped bass were also delicious and well-prepared. The chef shows a lot of intelligence in his cooking. The desserts of burnt butter pana cotta and the roasted strawberry ice cream with cheesecake was another example of refined flavors cleverly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lonely dinnerWinepairingDined on 8/8/2014We selected the tasting menu with wine pairing and it was outstanding! The food was delicious and the wine was really good. The service was impeccable and the food and wine descriptions were elaborated. The restaurant was easy to find in Yountville. The only negative thing we have to say is that in order to have a table in this restaurant, we had to reserve almost a month before! This shows how this restaurant is appreciated by customers :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food we ate in Napaap84Dined on 8/8/2014If you only go to one place for dinner in Napa it should be Redd.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingSFboundDined on 8/8/2014We had lunch at Redd and were a little underwhelmed. The hamachi sashimi was spectacular and I would return just for that dish. However, my shrimp salad was nothing special. Too many noodles and carrots for just three shrimp, and not nearly enough flavor. My friend ordered the smoked trout salad and a scallop dish, both of which she found to be good but not great. Our other friend ordered the lamb meatballs. While she liked them, I did not. To me they had a very strong mutton flavor. I took away one star because I found the service to be slightly inept. While everyone was courteous our waiter didn't have a clue about the wine or the cheeses on offer and had to keep running off to ask someone else. Not very professional.Special Features:
- serviceToddVIPDined on 8/7/2014felt the service staff was not knowledgeable about the food or wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!Robert123Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food with unique spin on some of the classics like the duck confit. Fresh ingredients and nice flavors support the menu offerings. I'm going back for sureSpecial Features:
- LunchKackDined on 8/7/2014Great lunch. Loved the pork belly buns & roasted red pepper soup. Everything was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tasting MenuChenteDined on 8/3/2014Visited Sunday 8/3/14, had Chef Reddington's tasting menu... Wow! The food was beyond delicious, with great portions enough to share for two people. Duck confit & Pork Belly were my favorites. The Wine pairings were spot on, bringing out the best of both worlds. Great value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysMikev207VIPDined on 8/3/2014Yet another trip to REDD confirms excellence in food, wine and service. I brought visitors on this visit (probably my 10th overall), and it was the same perfection as the first trip. Relaxed, with great wine and superb food, creates a memorable experience - never disappointed at REDD. My thanks to the staff as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd is great for lunch, tooGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was my second time at Redd, and was as impressed with their lunch as much as with dinner last time. Our food was excellent, especially scallops, but it is our waiter, who made this meal a special experience. Not only she gave wonderful recommendations for wine and food, but also was able to balance entertaining with giving us space to chat and enjoy our lunch. I would absolutely be back and wholeheartedly recommend Redd to all my foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Lobster risotto amazing!! Scallops perfect! Tuna tar tar delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine PricesWateronlyDined on 8/2/2014The wine prices and corkage are a deal breaker for me. The food is excellent, but 3 to 4 times retail for wine is an outdated model. Get with it.Special Features:
- The food speaks for itselfFoodsnobDined on 7/31/2014Did the chef tasting. So awesome that they brought my husband and I a different plate for each course. So even though we did the 5 course tasting menu, we got to taste 10 things. Brilliant! Everything was delish! This foodie was very pleased!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd lives up to its reputationHalsTakeDined on 7/31/2014Excellent wine list. Food was perfectly prepared and its presentation was superb. In fact, my sea scallops looked so good I took a phone-pic and emailed to my colleagues at the office. Service was professional, knowledgeable, and timely. The only thing I didn't care for was the austere decor. Very contemporary and sparse, but that is a personal choice and would not keep me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014We had the 5 course menu with paired wines and it was superlative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not hungry and it was still great!doctoraVIPDined on 7/30/2014I went to Redd toward the end of a week that was a food n wine extravaganza. Have you ever had such a week where, toward the end, you're just plain full? U don't even feel like eating anymore? Well that's how my wife n I both felt by the time it was our night at Redd. We would have cancelled but had heard such great things and, being from NY, we just were not sure when we'd get another chance. Despite our condition, Everything was still fabulous. From the sublime seafood risotto through the insane banana chocolate cake. If you love a restaurant when starting stuffed, well that has to be a pretty special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMariDined on 7/29/2014Service good but nothing to brag about....atmosphere ok. But food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville GemFood4MeVIPDined on 7/29/2014Redd stands up to the high caliber restaurants in Yountville. Great dining experience! I recommend the food tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Summer Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a perfect outdoor evening meal at Redds. The summer salad was delicious and refreshing - full of summer goodness. I had lobster risotto and my friend enjoyed a pork loin. The wine list was amazing and service attentive yet not obtrusive. We will definitely make this a return restaurant for our next wine country visit. Thank you!Special Features:
- Just Gets BetterHeisenbergVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is our third visit to Redd's and it was the best yet. Food is consistently Great and the Location puts you in the middle of Yountvill's Cullinary Mecca But, it can get a little noisy when everyone is enjoying their wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GuillermoMDined on 7/24/2014We arrived, had to wait a little after seated. The waiter was very helpful. The food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!LovePerfectionVIPDined on 7/23/2014Usually when a restaurant is hyped up I'm disappointed. But not in this case. Food was great, service good, and ambiance was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my top 5 list in NapaMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 7/21/2014Redd continues to be in my top 5 list of places to go within the entire Napa foodie scene! I come here for 1st class food without the pretentious attitude: you could be yourself, relax, and have a michelin meal. Their short ribs are now famous and are a must have. My only complaint is that I arrived at 5:29 PM, 1st guest to arrive, and the MC (as friendly as she was) told me they don't do seating until 5:30. ONE MINUTE TO GO!!!! Give me a break! So, I had to wait 40 secs. Then, a couple walks in, goes right to the desk and the MC seats them before me. Not very professional.Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic servicemickonrunVIPDined on 7/19/2014Chef's choices on the menu were outstanding. Some eclectic and some common. Something for everyone. On the night we were there, there was "skate wing" and tempura fried zucchini flowers with peppers. There were good seafood choices as well as beef. The bar drinks were creative and they have a "cool" selection of vodkas and bourbons. We originally reserved our table for 5 people and added 2 more which caused us to have to dine earlier but they let us stay as long as we wished and the place was pretty crowded the whole time. Definitely would return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night SpecialDGB289VIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I were driving up to Napa for a relaxing weekend. After getting caught in traffic, we were on 29 near Yountville and used my OpenTable mobile app to get an early reservation. It was our first visit. The service was wonderful; our server and the sommelier were knowledgeable, friendly and made great recommendations. The ingredient freshness, flavors, recipes are special. My pork tenderloin was perfectly prepared. The sommelier recommended a Hirsch San Andreas Fault Pinot that complimented the dish wonderfully. The sorbet dessert was a a refreshing finish. Dinner at Redd was a great way to spend a Friday early evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!CharskiDined on 7/17/2014Wonderful dinner. Top spot in Napa Valley. Make your reservations early - don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu GemTampaTravellerDined on 7/17/2014The tasting menu is highly recommended. Each course was of top quality and very well presented and served. The first two courses were among the best I've ever had in my 60+ years. This restaurant was rated by at least half of our group as the best of the four we tried.Special Features:
- Superb DinnerFlexTableDined on 7/17/2014The three of us chose the wine paring menu and it was great all the way. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the overall experience was one to remember. The presentation was outstanding and the servers and staff gave us all the attention that was necessary and more. We will certainly return as this is a very special place for us.Special Features:
- woodmanVIPDined on 7/16/2014For the past four years my wife and I have visited the Yountville area for four days in July and made dinner at Redd a top priority. During our four night stay, two are at Redd. Considering the other restaurants in the area, that's how highly we rate the Redd experience. Devon, the hostess, starts a special night by greeting us by name as we enter. How can she remember us? In our two meals we reveled in scallops with caramelized cauliflower , tomato soup with a melt in your mouth grilled fresh mozzarella/basil sandwich, petrale sole with clams, risotto with lobster, and grilled halibut. As I write this I want to go back for another meal. Can't wait until next year.Special Features:
- Favorite meal in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2014The meal was delicious and service attentive. We were nervous about service after some reviews here but it was fine. Order the lobster risotto. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014Way better than expected. Everyone said it was great, but I still doubted...and I shouldn't have. This place is fantastic from food to service. Do not miss this if in the area!!Special Features: