6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: (707) 299-5030
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)great for outdoor dining (100)neighborhood gem (83)great for lunch (70)good for groups (56)hot spot (53)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (38)romantic (27)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (21)great for brunch (17)late-night find (14)scenic view (5)Show More
- Food was great! Service was lackingcosteakgirlDined on 11/23/2014We really looked forward to eating at Redd Wood but we're disappointed with the slow service. We saw others served that came in after us which is frustrating. Finally our waiter came to the table with our pizza and apologized because our pizza had to be made over. I think it would have been considerate if she would have told us during the 40 minute wait we endured. The pizza was great!Special Features:
- Redd WoodCaitVIPDined on 11/23/2014Went here after hearing a lot of great reviews. The service was great and they had an amazing pumpkin cocktail that was perfect for the holidays. Their warm olives were good, along with the roasted cauliflower and brussels sprouts. They made a slight mistake on our cauliflower/brussels sprouts, but they were still quite tasty. I love that they offer a chesse-less pizza (I'm dairy intolerant) and it was amazing. The cardamom cinnamon cake left a little to be desired. Overall, I would recommend someone to go here. I felt it was a little overpriced, but then again what isn't in Yountville. It is a nice spot for a night out with your best friend, family, or significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood Should Lower Prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Prices are too high for the quality of the food. The wine list also is overpriced. The pizza tomato sauce was bland. The cheese plate offered good quality bread and cheeses, but the cheese was a mundane selection. Service was good, but the dining room area has some acoustic issues. The four of us had a hard time hearing each other. I've lived in the Napa Valley for almost seventeen years. Unfortunately, there are now too many restaurants in Yountville that are overpriced. The French Laundry is a special restaurant worth the price. Same for Terra in St. Helena. The most of the rest in the Valley are not special.
- Redd woodMatildaVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food was really disappointing here. I am a salt lover yet everything so was so salty it was hardly edible. The bucatini was cold.
- Good pizza placeDamayVIPDined on 11/20/2014We loved the oven fired crusty pizza ( especially with the fried egg on top....highly recommended!) The disappointment was the burrata cheese appetizer. We love the creaminess of the cheese, however, for $13, it was highly overpriced. It was accompanied by grilled toast and a very small smear of balsamic.......no herbs, no tomato, and I sure could have used a lot more balsamic. Stick with the pizzasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Night..lindsDined on 11/18/2014Really enjoyed our last night in Napa at ReddWood. Sitting outside over the courtyard was lovely, the food was delicious and it was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodexplorerVIPDined on 11/17/2014Local friend gave us a few selections for lunch. Redd Wood hit the spot with their brussel sprout pizza. Meat balls were also devine! Great service and nice to sit in the interior patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and inviting.DentonmelDined on 11/15/2014We really enjoy Redd so on this visit to Napa we wanted to give this sister restaurant a try. We love wood fired pizza and RW did not disappoint. The crust was one of the best we have had. Sometimes restaurants go too authentic and leave out the salt - this one was perfect. We loved the pizza and the salad and though the pasta had great flavors it did not satisfy our pallets like the salad and pizza. Our last wine tasting was next door at Maisonry so location was great and we like the dark (warm and candle lit), but lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hot wings ever!methanolDined on 11/15/2014We really enjoy Yountville and after a "long" day of wine tasting we always look forward to going to eating the best hot wings ever and getting a delicious pizza or two. The wings are so fresh and the balance of spicy and flavorful is perfect. I have yet to find some wings that are even half as delicious and I'm not even exaggerating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasesWhynapaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Redd Wood is our go to restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch for ourselves (locals) and for our out of town guests. First of all, the staff is incredibly friendly. The service is perfect. BEST pizzas in the Napa Valley. Most amazing Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Consistently terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaLVShowmanDined on 11/9/2014Wood burning pizza oven with a chef that knows how to use it. What more needs to be said.Special Features:
- girls weekendcheeseloverDined on 11/8/2014Dinner was fantastic. We ordered the cheese plate and brussels sprouts for starters. Both were simply amazing! For dinner we shared the special which was butternut squash ravioli, which was so good it was hard to share. :)Special Features:
- Redd Wood in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Went here for our first night in Napa. Great food, great scene, great service. Prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd WinnergagmeDined on 11/4/2014Very nice experience. Our server was exceptionally personable and competent. Asked her to open a fifteen year old bottle that we brought with us and she did it flawlessly. Food was both imaginative and delicious. Will recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- So good!Csteifle7VIPDined on 11/1/2014We loved it. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Loved the outdoor fireplace and the cocktails! Will def recommend / visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLive2EatDined on 10/27/2014A great smart casual "upscale" pizzeria with offerings for all. Appetizers, pizzas and entrees are perfect for sharing. Service was knowledgeable and attentive. Looking forward to a second visit.Special Features:
- Yummmm!PatriciaDined on 10/27/2014I had been here once before and came back to try the bucatini with guanciale. My son had ordered it last time and now I was craving it! I brought my friend and we shared the beet salad with frisee and crushed pistachios, which was delicious. We each had the bucatini, which has very simple ingredients and fantastic flavor! Then, we each ordered the cannoli, which has sweetened ricotta, toffee chips and chocolate chips encased in the thinnest pastry shell that shatters when you bite into it--heavenly! We were so full, but it was so good! Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- YummySuzeDined on 10/26/2014We all enjoyed our salads and pizza. Creative and delicious. Brought our own wine and it was no problem as in most restuarants in the area. The staff was warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Amazing food, try between tastingsDateNightVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great place. Pizza amazing! Very nice but still casual. Highly recommend between wine tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoscoeVIPDined on 10/23/2014Had dinner here on our first night in Napa. Sat on the patio. Very relaxing. Byron and staff were very attentive. Nice chopped salad. Great tomato, mozzarella pizza and seafood pasta.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/21/2014Beautiful dining room, excellent pizza and pasta, attentive service! Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a modern spin on italian cuisine! Great experience, something to remember and repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Go-To SpotMillerMcCunnDined on 10/21/2014The Reddwood is a wonderfully pleasant restaurant with interesting and well prepared food, attentive service and an attractive wine and drinks menu. This is an accommodating restaurant that works hard to please you. The menu changes to optimize seasonal foods and as a result it always has new items. The wait staff are helpful and well informed on both food and wine. As they have a welcoming corkage policy the wait staff have experienced a lot of interesting wines and therefore can provide useful information and steer you to a selection that fits your taste. We keep thinking that we should try other wonderful restaurants in Yountville but we keep coming back to Reddwood - significant praise given the other great local choices.Special Features:
- Great but dark!BonbagDined on 10/20/2014A very positive find and experience. Pizza was excellent. Service extraordinary. Lighting too dim. Could not read the menu. Would easily go back to eat again.Special Features:
- Fun & Casual DinnerLudaEatsDined on 10/20/2014Yummy brick oven pizza & potato gnocchi with beer (after all day wine tasting) was great. Sat outside & enjoyed the great weather too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouthernGuyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Arrived at the restaurant around 11:20 for our 11:30reservation. Although the they did not open until 11:30, we were immediately seated at a great table outside and offered beverages (delish Bloody Mary's) immediately. Food was great with a mesh of exquisite flavors and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend when visiting the Napa Valley area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for everyoneVivi567Dined on 10/18/2014For me, everything is great and service is best around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood - What a Find!CuriousDinerDined on 10/17/2014This is by far the best place to eat in Yountville. It's a very cool and stylish setting complete with exposed white tile kitchen, wood-oven pizza made in full view (really entertaining), and fabulous food. The fettucine with shrimp was delicious. The quality of ingredients is incomparable. Our waiter was super knowledgeable about the menu, friendly, and made a great recommendation on the Italian Greyhound (cocktail). If you're looking for an energetic, lively meal / great glass of wine to enjoy with your special someone, or hang out with friends in a contemporary, funky setting, don't miss out on Redd Wood. It's spectacular on all levels. Oh, and you can wear your Levi's - no attitude here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 10/16/2014Fantastic location Enjoyed the coziness of the patio area Pizza, warm olives and wines were great Would love to visit the spa next door on my returnSpecial Features:
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Redd Wood. We had late reservations to accommodate our schedule but plans changed. After strolling for a cocktail elsewhere on the way, we stopped in an hour early. The host had just filled the last spot at the bar so suggested we go to R&D for a drink until our reservation. We appreciated the recommendation to another spot - which was a great place to sit at the bar outside with an excellent bartender. We strolled back and was welcomed to a great spot in the restaurant. Staff was great, the ribeye was the best my husband had ever had. My pasta was very hot in temperature which is much appreciated. This is my friend's favorite spot in Youtville and I can see why!Special Features:
- Good once againfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/12/2014I have eaten here several times and it never disappoints. The combo meat and cheese plate is great.Special Features:
- Great foodKevloDined on 10/11/2014The food was amazing, staff was SO nice and our night was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysSarahDined on 10/11/2014Never get tired of coming to Redd Wood for the best pizza in the world (no joke) and cool wine country atmosphere. Get the margarita pizza.Special Features:
- Great experience every timeFoodieDined on 10/6/2014On our third visit, we were so impressed with the food and service again! Our only glitch was the fried dough appetizer...wouldn't recommend this...otherwise flavorful and fresh food, casual but upscale setting...we think it's the perfect napa dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One complaint or commentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014We sat at an outdoor table and had soot flying on us from the woodfired pizza ovenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd WoodluluDined on 9/30/2014Great spot for a casual meal. The mushroom pizza is a hit on the menu..... Many of the locals call it the place to go for a casual night of fun and relaxed eating.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our first visitsvenskatjejVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were ready for a more casual, yet tasty meal. You delivered. The pizza was particularly delicious, but we also enjoyed the chopped salad and special salmon tartare appetizer. The waiter helped us choose a yummy wine and service was well paced. Thanks!Special Features:
- KevLVIPDined on 9/25/2014Our only complaint as 50somethings is where we were sitting in the corner it was very dark. Hard to read the menus. Other than that the evening was great. Quality service and great food.Special Features:
- Casual but delishJonesDined on 9/23/2014Great pizza and excellent service! It was a relaxing, leisurely experience. If you're in a hurry prob not the best option but otherwise the food is great and service is excellent. The meatball app is outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood in September 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Really loved this place, cool, a little hip, excellent service, had the cheese and salami starter, then pasta. All very good. Love the place.Special Features:
- A Special Place To Dine, RelaxChuckWagonDined on 9/20/2014The physical decor establishes a warm and inviting dining atmosphere. The wait staff is friendly, helpful and attentive without being annoying. The quality of the food is excellent and is served with a spcial cadence that does not leave you feeling rushed. The wine selection is awesome. Movie stars and other notables abound yet privacy is respected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.