6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)great for outdoor dining (105)neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (84)good for groups (53)hot spot (52)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (28)kid-friendly (25)special occasion (22)great for brunch (20)late-night find (13)scenic view (5)Show More
- Fit for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014For me, everything is great and service is best around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 10/16/2014Fantastic location Enjoyed the coziness of the patio area Pizza, warm olives and wines were great Would love to visit the spa next door on my returnSpecial Features:
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Redd Wood. We had late reservations to accommodate our schedule but plans changed. After strolling for a cocktail elsewhere on the way, we stopped in an hour early. The host had just filled the last spot at the bar so suggested we go to R&D for a drink until our reservation. We appreciated the recommendation to another spot - which was a great place to sit at the bar outside with an excellent bartender. We strolled back and was welcomed to a great spot in the restaurant. Staff was great, the ribeye was the best my husband had ever had. My pasta was very hot in temperature which is much appreciated. This is my friend's favorite spot in Youtville and I can see why!Special Features:
- Good once againfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/12/2014I have eaten here several times and it never disappoints. The combo meat and cheese plate is great.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysSarahDined on 10/11/2014Never get tired of coming to Redd Wood for the best pizza in the world (no joke) and cool wine country atmosphere. Get the margarita pizza.Special Features:
- Great experience every timeFoodieDined on 10/6/2014On our third visit, we were so impressed with the food and service again! Our only glitch was the fried dough appetizer...wouldn't recommend this...otherwise flavorful and fresh food, casual but upscale setting...we think it's the perfect napa dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One complaint or commentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014We sat at an outdoor table and had soot flying on us from the woodfired pizza ovenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd WoodluluDined on 9/30/2014Great spot for a casual meal. The mushroom pizza is a hit on the menu..... Many of the locals call it the place to go for a casual night of fun and relaxed eating.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our first visitsvenskatjejVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were ready for a more casual, yet tasty meal. You delivered. The pizza was particularly delicious, but we also enjoyed the chopped salad and special salmon tartare appetizer. The waiter helped us choose a yummy wine and service was well paced. Thanks!Special Features:
- KevLVIPDined on 9/25/2014Our only complaint as 50somethings is where we were sitting in the corner it was very dark. Hard to read the menus. Other than that the evening was great. Quality service and great food.Special Features:
- Casual but delishJonesDined on 9/23/2014Great pizza and excellent service! It was a relaxing, leisurely experience. If you're in a hurry prob not the best option but otherwise the food is great and service is excellent. The meatball app is outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood in September 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Really loved this place, cool, a little hip, excellent service, had the cheese and salami starter, then pasta. All very good. Love the place.Special Features:
- A Special Place To Dine, RelaxChuckWagonDined on 9/20/2014The physical decor establishes a warm and inviting dining atmosphere. The wait staff is friendly, helpful and attentive without being annoying. The quality of the food is excellent and is served with a spcial cadence that does not leave you feeling rushed. The wine selection is awesome. Movie stars and other notables abound yet privacy is respected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!LoveToDineDined on 9/13/2014We l9ved everything about this place. Great ambiance and fabulous food. The heirloom tomatos with buratta was amazing. Great wood fired pizzas too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd WoodFoodaliciousVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have eaten at Redd Wood before but this time I was disappointed. The food was overly salted, and I did not think the food was up to Yountville standards. Had amazing meals at Solbar, Bouchon, Bottega, and Etoile.
- Third and last timeseekingobsessionDined on 9/12/2014We returned at the request of two in our party. They wanted the short ribs, but that item was removed from the menu. One of us enjoyed the chicken 8/10, the other found the sausage pizza to be 6/10, and my wife and I had bolognese 2/10. The latter had an off smell, kind of odd, bothered us, but we decided to eat because we were hungry and trusted the restaurant. The noodles with the bolognese were horribly undercooked (and yes, I've been to Italy and this was not al dente, it was pure rubber). One more comment, their wine list does not have any reds that we could find under $40 a bottle. I realize its Napa, but many other restaurants have bottles under $40 that are palatable for those that don't wish to spend $70-$120 on a bottle.
- Mushroom PizzaFarndogVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had some wood fired pizzas for lunch - all were good....however, the mushroom pizza was great! Stop here for lunch if you are looking for a place in Yountville!Special Features:
- Killer pizza!VinfanDined on 9/9/2014The mushroom-pancetta pizza is so good I've had it twice in a month. Very nice Caesar salad, although it's not called that. Server was great and comped us a chilled corn soup -- yummy. Homemade ice cream was icy -- go for the cannoli instead. Only negative for locals is the $20 corkage fee -- very steep for a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!AnniebDined on 9/8/2014Definitely recommend Redd Wood for a casual night out. The food is always good (we split a burrata caprese, a pizza and bucatini pasta) and the servers were so much fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014While staying in Napa, we enjoyed our best dinner at Redd. Amazing food and top-notch service. "A must" while visiting the valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDinealotDined on 9/7/2014We had salmon appetizer, shared a pizza and also the clam pasta...all very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good pizzartpivVIPDined on 9/7/2014Redd Wood has very good pizza and seasonal dishes. Outside seating is much better than inside.Special Features:
- Great casual spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Redd Wood is a great spot for drinks, pizza and smal plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKReviewerNicknameVIPDined on 9/4/2014This place was just an okay wood fired pizza place. The salad we ordered to begin with was WAY overdressed and the greens were not the freshest. We complained to the waiter about this but there was no action or reaction and the item remained on our bill - which was surprising. Pizzas were decent and the dough is good.
- Redd Wood Impressive!DiningchicDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed our first dinner in Yountville here with top notch service and flavorful food. Fritto misto wonderfully prepared and pizzas that I would defintely go back for again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over delivered on all accountsMVE1961VIPDined on 8/29/2014Redd Wood was a perfect way to enjoy our first night on our trip. Great food, awesome setting, relaxed and great service. The warm olives were a perfect start, great salads and entrees. We will likely return before we head home. Well done!Special Features:
- Pizza to die forTigerlilyDined on 8/23/2014We loved dinner at Red Wood. Terrific service and outstanding food. The place was hopping with lots of people. Only downside was the limited washroom facilities. All in all we would be back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit just as good as firstValleygardenerDined on 8/16/2014Leisurely lunch on the courtyard patio. Sunny summer ----but tables were nicely shaded. Excellent salad with mini tomatoes and a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza. Excellent but unobtrusive service. First visit was in December with a large group inside. Amazingly quiet--- a special dedicated space for groups helps. Large windows of the courtyard. Superior pastas.Special Features:
- Luv2gooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been here many times for dinner. The food is consistently very good, and the service is always personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!!eatsbyerinDined on 8/15/2014We ended up having an early dinner here straight from our last wine tasting. It wasn't crowded at all yet (about 5pm on a Friday) and the server was very attentive! The pizza was DELICIOUS and we even ordered a second pizza to go to have for a late night snack at our hotel! We also started with the caesar and it was great! (love caesars with anchovies!) The only reason I gave my experience a 4 instead of a 5 was because we initially wanted to sit outside but there were so many flies it was unbearable. Luckily were were able to move inside very easily and it was great atmosphere (thought still came across a fly or two) But would still definitely go back and recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent good, poor serviceLambooVIPDined on 8/14/2014Casual, neighborhood place - not a destination restaurant by a long shot. Friendly, youthful but forgetful service. Long waits between waiter stop-by's and we were front and center in the room, dishes served but no knives and forks for five minutes, empty glasses for eons, wrong doggy bag ... A bit air-headed wait staff, I guess.Special Features:
- EB FeedEatOutVIPDined on 8/14/2014The best 'rita I've had in years. Almost worth going in just for the drinks, but the food is really great too.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We made a last minute reservation at Redd Wood while on vacation in Yountville. We wanted to go for a slightly less rich and a little more casual dinner than we'd been having all week. We had an appetizer of grilled peppers (spicy!) and we all had pizzas for our main courses. All were very, very, tasty with nice crispy crusts. Cannoli and ice cream for dessert, yum! You can get lots of great food in Yountville, and Redd Wood is right up there with the best.Special Features:
- Outstandinglove2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is our second time eating here and it was just as good the second time. The food was excellent. It is kid friendly, but still a chic venue. We all enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return again.Special Features:
- great findggalDined on 8/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere. Interesting tastes. Helpful staff. Would like to try more of the interesting dishes there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!KimberlyDined on 8/9/2014I'm a local to the area and this was the first time my husband and I ate at Redd Wood. The service was great and the food was fantastic. We shared a pizza, a pasta dish and the pork dish. The pizza has great thin crust and there's a burst of flavor. The obviously home made pasta was delicious and the pork melted in your mouth. The noise is a little loud but it's definitely a vibrant and lively place to eat. The prices are reasonable too. This will definitely be one of regular spots.Special Features:
- Salty food!!Tokyo331Dined on 8/8/2014Cobb salad was good but pizza, pasta and steak we ate were all too salty! I guess they want to make us thirsty and drink more wine.Special Features:
- Best Pizza . . . EverLosFelizNatvDined on 8/7/2014House made charcuterie, exemplary burrata, heirloom tomatoes at their peak of flavor and texture, wood fired pizza oven and best tasting pizza dough/crust. Topping combinations are seasonal and super smart. Flavor profiles and relationships couldn't be better.Perfectly cooked with blistering but without burning. The rest of the menu was OK in comparison. The pasta with calamari was over-sauced and the linguine cooked past al dente. Too bad because the pizza was and is the best . . . everSpecial Features:
- Best choice in Napa for food/priceoshendreamerDined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed! So many choices that we shared a few things for variety. A must in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only gets betterSarahDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in the Napa Valley. Every time we come here not only is the food absolutely heavenly but the service keeps getting more and more polished. Love this place. If you love pizza and other fresh dishes from a wood oven, you will love it, too.Special Features: