6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Redd Wood - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (109)fit for foodies (106)great for lunch (91)neighborhood gem (88)hot spot (49)good for groups (43)notable wine list (37)special occasion (33)kid-friendly (31)romantic (31)great for brunch (30)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (17)scenic view (8)Show More
- Pizza to die forTigerlilyDined on 8/23/2014We loved dinner at Red Wood. Terrific service and outstanding food. The place was hopping with lots of people. Only downside was the limited washroom facilities. All in all we would be back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit just as good as firstValleygardenerDined on 8/16/2014Leisurely lunch on the courtyard patio. Sunny summer ----but tables were nicely shaded. Excellent salad with mini tomatoes and a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza. Excellent but unobtrusive service. First visit was in December with a large group inside. Amazingly quiet--- a special dedicated space for groups helps. Large windows of the courtyard. Superior pastas.Special Features:
- Luv2gooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been here many times for dinner. The food is consistently very good, and the service is always personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!!eatsbyerinDined on 8/15/2014We ended up having an early dinner here straight from our last wine tasting. It wasn't crowded at all yet (about 5pm on a Friday) and the server was very attentive! The pizza was DELICIOUS and we even ordered a second pizza to go to have for a late night snack at our hotel! We also started with the caesar and it was great! (love caesars with anchovies!) The only reason I gave my experience a 4 instead of a 5 was because we initially wanted to sit outside but there were so many flies it was unbearable. Luckily were were able to move inside very easily and it was great atmosphere (thought still came across a fly or two) But would still definitely go back and recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent good, poor serviceLambooVIPDined on 8/14/2014Casual, neighborhood place - not a destination restaurant by a long shot. Friendly, youthful but forgetful service. Long waits between waiter stop-by's and we were front and center in the room, dishes served but no knives and forks for five minutes, empty glasses for eons, wrong doggy bag ... A bit air-headed wait staff, I guess.Special Features:
- EB FeedEatOutVIPDined on 8/14/2014The best 'rita I've had in years. Almost worth going in just for the drinks, but the food is really great too.Special Features:
- Outstandinglove2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is our second time eating here and it was just as good the second time. The food was excellent. It is kid friendly, but still a chic venue. We all enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return again.Special Features:
- great findggalDined on 8/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere. Interesting tastes. Helpful staff. Would like to try more of the interesting dishes there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!KimberlyDined on 8/9/2014I'm a local to the area and this was the first time my husband and I ate at Redd Wood. The service was great and the food was fantastic. We shared a pizza, a pasta dish and the pork dish. The pizza has great thin crust and there's a burst of flavor. The obviously home made pasta was delicious and the pork melted in your mouth. The noise is a little loud but it's definitely a vibrant and lively place to eat. The prices are reasonable too. This will definitely be one of regular spots.Special Features:
- Salty food!!Tokyo331Dined on 8/8/2014Cobb salad was good but pizza, pasta and steak we ate were all too salty! I guess they want to make us thirsty and drink more wine.Special Features:
- Best Pizza . . . EverLosFelizNatvDined on 8/7/2014House made charcuterie, exemplary burrata, heirloom tomatoes at their peak of flavor and texture, wood fired pizza oven and best tasting pizza dough/crust. Topping combinations are seasonal and super smart. Flavor profiles and relationships couldn't be better.Perfectly cooked with blistering but without burning. The rest of the menu was OK in comparison. The pasta with calamari was over-sauced and the linguine cooked past al dente. Too bad because the pizza was and is the best . . . everSpecial Features:
- Best choice in Napa for food/priceoshendreamerDined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed! So many choices that we shared a few things for variety. A must in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only gets betterSarahDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in the Napa Valley. Every time we come here not only is the food absolutely heavenly but the service keeps getting more and more polished. Love this place. If you love pizza and other fresh dishes from a wood oven, you will love it, too.Special Features:
- We recommend Redd Wood!pryan30Dined on 7/29/2014Dining outside at Redd Wood was a great experience! The pizza was fantastic, the atmosphere was fun and the surrounding buildings make it seems as though you are in a European village. A great casual place to visit in Yountville.Special Features:
- Excellent foodFinicky4foodVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great Pizza (sausage), great pasta (bucatini w/ guanciale) great Italian Chopped Salad. All their meats are cured in house, and taste fresh and not aged. Overall, a very casual spot; unpretentious. Service was very good. An excellent, tasty meal overall. The "peach" bellini did not come as I thought, not really to my taste, as they used peach sherbert instead of fresh peaches.Special Features:
- Delight yet understatedfatcatDined on 7/27/2014Simple food executed perfectly. Who would thought aubergine pizza can be so delightful. Service is so warm yet professional. Perfect spot to finish your winery day in comfort or any time of the day.Special Features:
- Wow!ShelleVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great Squash pizza and who would've thought to serve warm olives...fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrustiliciousEatistDined on 7/24/2014Pleasant and attentive service, and as good a pizza crust as we've had anywhere in the world. The preparation was excellent - fresh and tasty salad ingredients, meatball appetizer sufficient for the main course and beautifully textured. Falls short of five stars by a hair, but we are picky. The salad was sound, not memorable, and the mushroom pizza black garlic too dominant.Special Features:
- Good not greatMsSmithDined on 7/24/2014I had high expectations after reading reviews on Yelp and smelling the aroma as we entered the restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes early but they were able to seat us immediately. I love pizza but thought the pizza I ordered was just okay - it needed more tomato sauce and the crust was burnt in parts. However the pasta dish, which I shared with my companion, was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedCarolynDined on 7/22/2014The food was ok. The waitress had too many tables.
- excellent choice in wine countryBarryVIPDined on 7/20/2014We were staying at the adjacent North Block Hotel, so we had the opportunity to try breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late nite bar. Without exception, all were top quality. The food is outstanding, the servers all knowledgeable and attentive. Ambiance varies at different times of day, as you would expect, but always in a mood appropriate for the time. The bartender was outgoing and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReddGreentypeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had the fried wings with gorgonzola sauce, very good sauce, tasty not greasy wings. The pizza we had was the mushroom, it was very good, each bite was different, savory , sweet and tangy, in varying degrees.Special Features:
- My favorite in the wine countrySarahDined on 7/19/2014For the cool design, the great outdoor space and, most importantly, the amazing food that comes from the kitchen, Redd Wood is hands down my favorite restaurant in wine country.Special Features:
- Upmarket Casual WinnerMVKatDined on 7/19/2014Everything we ordered on the menu was absolutely delicious -- the burrata and heirloom tomato appetizer, corn soup, summer veggie salad, sausage pizza, chocolate tart, caramel ice cream -- a party in my mouth experience. Plus, the rustic luxe interior architecture and design was spot on -- pairing nicely with the menu. So glad I tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeReddWoodVivaItaliaDined on 7/19/2014Everything on the menu sounds amazing. The meat platter was a bit pricey but worth the experience. Redd Wood by far is the best restaurant that I've visited in the Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redd woodsnackattackDined on 7/17/2014very good burger. pizza (had prosciutto/arugula etc) was good but not excellent. dough a bit over oiled and could have been a bit more crispy (personal taste). nice wine by the glass selection. cannoli desert fantastic. ice cream ok. very good server. we sat outside, which was nice. indoor room was lovely. would definitely go again and try other pizzas for comparison. it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificMomskitchen54Dined on 7/13/2014Redd and Redd Wood are always terrific. Relaxed in Yountville for three days and managed to eat their 4 times! Pizza, pizza, pizza! (And one delicious breakfast sandwich) pizza dough is tender with fire-roast blisters and "just right" thickness. But oh, the English muffins that cradle their breakfast sandwich...these are a must for any breakfast fan. Seriously, this should be everyone's pre-wine tasting meal. XOXOSpecial Features:
- Lord of the Fliessandj1Dined on 7/12/2014The food was fantastic. Our server, Amber, was fantastic. But....We sat outside near what we were told was a breeze way. Flies a unbearable amount of flies. That was the only down side. We will be back but we will not sit near the breeze way.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceKristenNapaDined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant, and although it was a Friday night, there were a few open tables. Our reservation was for 7:30. We were seated immediately, but waited a very long time to be greeted by a waiter. We didn't receive our cocktails until we had been there for at least 15 minutes, and we finished our appetizers before our entrée order was even requested. The service was unbelievably slow (although they were friendly). However, the food was quite good, so if you're not in a hurry, you may want to consider going here.Special Features:
- Relaxing and good foodMERCDined on 7/8/2014Exactly as expected- which is good as I expected it to be as great as the last times. It did not dissappoint. Great pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Fresh ingredients, terrific pizza crust with interesting topping combinations, consistently good, attentive service.Special Features:
- MratingsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Ricotta pancakes are superb and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Food and Service...outstanding2viewDined on 7/3/2014Great food and excellent service. Patio is pleasant...except for 'flies in the ointment' which are distracting...guess they also appreciate great food. Suggest you schedule when you would face less competition.Special Features:
- casual dining in YountvilleYountvillefoodieDined on 6/28/2014Excellent assortment of pizza and lighter fare in Yountville. I would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great dishes for sharing. All are so tasty it's hard to pick just one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Yountville restaurantfoodiebearVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great Yountville restaurant visited, check! We've been meaning to eat here for ages but its really hard to score a prime time weekend reservation since the place is amazingly popular and for good reason, it's spot-on. From the professional knowledgeable staff to the generous kitchen this place just sparkles as far as I'm concerned. Food recommendations, chicken liver toast, chopped salad, prosciutto pizza, cannoli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service. mgr unprofessional!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/26/2014Food was great but service was beyond bad! Pizza takes 2 minutes but we waited over an hour! When asked about this both waiter and manager were disrespectful. Told us they were busy. Food was good but service and noise level were atrocious
- Great pizzas and salad, Small menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014Wait service a bit slow, but other wait service (water, etc) was spot on. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in all of napa valleyPickyVIPDined on 6/22/2014I can't wait to return. I ate there for 3 days in a row. They do it right. French laundry doesn't hold a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood Rocks!Loveswine59VIPDined on 6/22/2014So much more than the "PIZZERIA" that is stenciled on the window. We have dined here a number of times over the past couple of years and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is casual and fun. The ingredients are fresh and extremely high quality. The house made charcuterie is great. We can make a meal on the charcuterie and cheese platter. The pasta is amazing -- made in house and extremely tender. The combinations of toppings on the wood fired pizzas are unusual, creative and really tasty. The ice creams are home made, creamy delights. Love it all! Don't forget to order the grilled bread on the side -- it's a must! The servers are friendly and knowledgeable about the food AND the wine list. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.