6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)great for outdoor dining (110)great for lunch (91)neighborhood gem (89)hot spot (51)good for groups (45)notable wine list (40)romantic (31)kid-friendly (29)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (23)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Enjoyed our first visitsvenskatjejVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were ready for a more casual, yet tasty meal. You delivered. The pizza was particularly delicious, but we also enjoyed the chopped salad and special salmon tartare appetizer. The waiter helped us choose a yummy wine and service was well paced. Thanks!Special Features:
- Casual but delishJonesDined on 9/23/2014Great pizza and excellent service! It was a relaxing, leisurely experience. If you're in a hurry prob not the best option but otherwise the food is great and service is excellent. The meatball app is outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood in September 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Really loved this place, cool, a little hip, excellent service, had the cheese and salami starter, then pasta. All very good. Love the place.Special Features:
- A Special Place To Dine, RelaxChuckWagonDined on 9/20/2014The physical decor establishes a warm and inviting dining atmosphere. The wait staff is friendly, helpful and attentive without being annoying. The quality of the food is excellent and is served with a spcial cadence that does not leave you feeling rushed. The wine selection is awesome. Movie stars and other notables abound yet privacy is respected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!LoveToDineDined on 9/13/2014We l9ved everything about this place. Great ambiance and fabulous food. The heirloom tomatos with buratta was amazing. Great wood fired pizzas too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd WoodFoodaliciousVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have eaten at Redd Wood before but this time I was disappointed. The food was overly salted, and I did not think the food was up to Yountville standards. Had amazing meals at Solbar, Bouchon, Bottega, and Etoile.
- Third and last timeseekingobsessionDined on 9/12/2014We returned at the request of two in our party. They wanted the short ribs, but that item was removed from the menu. One of us enjoyed the chicken 8/10, the other found the sausage pizza to be 6/10, and my wife and I had bolognese 2/10. The latter had an off smell, kind of odd, bothered us, but we decided to eat because we were hungry and trusted the restaurant. The noodles with the bolognese were horribly undercooked (and yes, I've been to Italy and this was not al dente, it was pure rubber). One more comment, their wine list does not have any reds that we could find under $40 a bottle. I realize its Napa, but many other restaurants have bottles under $40 that are palatable for those that don't wish to spend $70-$120 on a bottle.
- Mushroom PizzaFarndogVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had some wood fired pizzas for lunch - all were good....however, the mushroom pizza was great! Stop here for lunch if you are looking for a place in Yountville!Special Features:
- Killer pizza!VinfanDined on 9/9/2014The mushroom-pancetta pizza is so good I've had it twice in a month. Very nice Caesar salad, although it's not called that. Server was great and comped us a chilled corn soup -- yummy. Homemade ice cream was icy -- go for the cannoli instead. Only negative for locals is the $20 corkage fee -- very steep for a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!AnniebDined on 9/8/2014Definitely recommend Redd Wood for a casual night out. The food is always good (we split a burrata caprese, a pizza and bucatini pasta) and the servers were so much fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014While staying in Napa, we enjoyed our best dinner at Redd. Amazing food and top-notch service. "A must" while visiting the valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDinealotDined on 9/7/2014We had salmon appetizer, shared a pizza and also the clam pasta...all very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good pizzartpivVIPDined on 9/7/2014Redd Wood has very good pizza and seasonal dishes. Outside seating is much better than inside.Special Features:
- Great casual spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Redd Wood is a great spot for drinks, pizza and smal plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKReviewerNicknameVIPDined on 9/4/2014This place was just an okay wood fired pizza place. The salad we ordered to begin with was WAY overdressed and the greens were not the freshest. We complained to the waiter about this but there was no action or reaction and the item remained on our bill - which was surprising. Pizzas were decent and the dough is good.
- Redd Wood Impressive!DiningchicDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed our first dinner in Yountville here with top notch service and flavorful food. Fritto misto wonderfully prepared and pizzas that I would defintely go back for again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over delivered on all accountsMVE1961VIPDined on 8/29/2014Redd Wood was a perfect way to enjoy our first night on our trip. Great food, awesome setting, relaxed and great service. The warm olives were a perfect start, great salads and entrees. We will likely return before we head home. Well done!Special Features:
- Pizza to die forTigerlilyDined on 8/23/2014We loved dinner at Red Wood. Terrific service and outstanding food. The place was hopping with lots of people. Only downside was the limited washroom facilities. All in all we would be back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit just as good as firstValleygardenerDined on 8/16/2014Leisurely lunch on the courtyard patio. Sunny summer ----but tables were nicely shaded. Excellent salad with mini tomatoes and a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza. Excellent but unobtrusive service. First visit was in December with a large group inside. Amazingly quiet--- a special dedicated space for groups helps. Large windows of the courtyard. Superior pastas.Special Features:
- Luv2gooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been here many times for dinner. The food is consistently very good, and the service is always personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!!eatsbyerinDined on 8/15/2014We ended up having an early dinner here straight from our last wine tasting. It wasn't crowded at all yet (about 5pm on a Friday) and the server was very attentive! The pizza was DELICIOUS and we even ordered a second pizza to go to have for a late night snack at our hotel! We also started with the caesar and it was great! (love caesars with anchovies!) The only reason I gave my experience a 4 instead of a 5 was because we initially wanted to sit outside but there were so many flies it was unbearable. Luckily were were able to move inside very easily and it was great atmosphere (thought still came across a fly or two) But would still definitely go back and recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent good, poor serviceLambooVIPDined on 8/14/2014Casual, neighborhood place - not a destination restaurant by a long shot. Friendly, youthful but forgetful service. Long waits between waiter stop-by's and we were front and center in the room, dishes served but no knives and forks for five minutes, empty glasses for eons, wrong doggy bag ... A bit air-headed wait staff, I guess.Special Features:
- EB FeedEatOutVIPDined on 8/14/2014The best 'rita I've had in years. Almost worth going in just for the drinks, but the food is really great too.Special Features:
- Outstandinglove2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is our second time eating here and it was just as good the second time. The food was excellent. It is kid friendly, but still a chic venue. We all enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return again.Special Features:
- great findggalDined on 8/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere. Interesting tastes. Helpful staff. Would like to try more of the interesting dishes there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!KimberlyDined on 8/9/2014I'm a local to the area and this was the first time my husband and I ate at Redd Wood. The service was great and the food was fantastic. We shared a pizza, a pasta dish and the pork dish. The pizza has great thin crust and there's a burst of flavor. The obviously home made pasta was delicious and the pork melted in your mouth. The noise is a little loud but it's definitely a vibrant and lively place to eat. The prices are reasonable too. This will definitely be one of regular spots.Special Features:
- Salty food!!Tokyo331Dined on 8/8/2014Cobb salad was good but pizza, pasta and steak we ate were all too salty! I guess they want to make us thirsty and drink more wine.Special Features:
- Best Pizza . . . EverLosFelizNatvDined on 8/7/2014House made charcuterie, exemplary burrata, heirloom tomatoes at their peak of flavor and texture, wood fired pizza oven and best tasting pizza dough/crust. Topping combinations are seasonal and super smart. Flavor profiles and relationships couldn't be better.Perfectly cooked with blistering but without burning. The rest of the menu was OK in comparison. The pasta with calamari was over-sauced and the linguine cooked past al dente. Too bad because the pizza was and is the best . . . everSpecial Features:
- Best choice in Napa for food/priceoshendreamerDined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed! So many choices that we shared a few things for variety. A must in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only gets betterSarahDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in the Napa Valley. Every time we come here not only is the food absolutely heavenly but the service keeps getting more and more polished. Love this place. If you love pizza and other fresh dishes from a wood oven, you will love it, too.Special Features:
- We recommend Redd Wood!pryan30Dined on 7/29/2014Dining outside at Redd Wood was a great experience! The pizza was fantastic, the atmosphere was fun and the surrounding buildings make it seems as though you are in a European village. A great casual place to visit in Yountville.Special Features:
- Excellent foodFinicky4foodVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great Pizza (sausage), great pasta (bucatini w/ guanciale) great Italian Chopped Salad. All their meats are cured in house, and taste fresh and not aged. Overall, a very casual spot; unpretentious. Service was very good. An excellent, tasty meal overall. The "peach" bellini did not come as I thought, not really to my taste, as they used peach sherbert instead of fresh peaches.Special Features:
- Delight yet understatedfatcatDined on 7/27/2014Simple food executed perfectly. Who would thought aubergine pizza can be so delightful. Service is so warm yet professional. Perfect spot to finish your winery day in comfort or any time of the day.Special Features:
- Wow!ShelleVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great Squash pizza and who would've thought to serve warm olives...fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrustiliciousEatistDined on 7/24/2014Pleasant and attentive service, and as good a pizza crust as we've had anywhere in the world. The preparation was excellent - fresh and tasty salad ingredients, meatball appetizer sufficient for the main course and beautifully textured. Falls short of five stars by a hair, but we are picky. The salad was sound, not memorable, and the mushroom pizza black garlic too dominant.Special Features:
- Good not greatMsSmithDined on 7/24/2014I had high expectations after reading reviews on Yelp and smelling the aroma as we entered the restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes early but they were able to seat us immediately. I love pizza but thought the pizza I ordered was just okay - it needed more tomato sauce and the crust was burnt in parts. However the pasta dish, which I shared with my companion, was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedCarolynDined on 7/22/2014The food was ok. The waitress had too many tables.
- excellent choice in wine countryBarryVIPDined on 7/20/2014We were staying at the adjacent North Block Hotel, so we had the opportunity to try breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late nite bar. Without exception, all were top quality. The food is outstanding, the servers all knowledgeable and attentive. Ambiance varies at different times of day, as you would expect, but always in a mood appropriate for the time. The bartender was outgoing and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReddGreentypeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had the fried wings with gorgonzola sauce, very good sauce, tasty not greasy wings. The pizza we had was the mushroom, it was very good, each bite was different, savory , sweet and tangy, in varying degrees.Special Features:
- My favorite in the wine countrySarahDined on 7/19/2014For the cool design, the great outdoor space and, most importantly, the amazing food that comes from the kitchen, Redd Wood is hands down my favorite restaurant in wine country.Special Features: