6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: (707) 299-5030
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)great for outdoor dining (100)neighborhood gem (83)great for lunch (70)good for groups (56)hot spot (52)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (38)romantic (26)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (20)great for brunch (17)late-night find (14)scenic view (5)Show More
- redd woodsnackattackDined on 7/17/2014very good burger. pizza (had prosciutto/arugula etc) was good but not excellent. dough a bit over oiled and could have been a bit more crispy (personal taste). nice wine by the glass selection. cannoli desert fantastic. ice cream ok. very good server. we sat outside, which was nice. indoor room was lovely. would definitely go again and try other pizzas for comparison. it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificMomskitchen54VIPDined on 7/13/2014Redd and Redd Wood are always terrific. Relaxed in Yountville for three days and managed to eat their 4 times! Pizza, pizza, pizza! (And one delicious breakfast sandwich) pizza dough is tender with fire-roast blisters and "just right" thickness. But oh, the English muffins that cradle their breakfast sandwich...these are a must for any breakfast fan. Seriously, this should be everyone's pre-wine tasting meal. XOXOSpecial Features:
- Lord of the Fliessandj1Dined on 7/12/2014The food was fantastic. Our server, Amber, was fantastic. But....We sat outside near what we were told was a breeze way. Flies a unbearable amount of flies. That was the only down side. We will be back but we will not sit near the breeze way.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceKristenNapaVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant, and although it was a Friday night, there were a few open tables. Our reservation was for 7:30. We were seated immediately, but waited a very long time to be greeted by a waiter. We didn't receive our cocktails until we had been there for at least 15 minutes, and we finished our appetizers before our entrée order was even requested. The service was unbelievably slow (although they were friendly). However, the food was quite good, so if you're not in a hurry, you may want to consider going here.Special Features:
- Relaxing and good foodMERCVIPDined on 7/8/2014Exactly as expected- which is good as I expected it to be as great as the last times. It did not dissappoint. Great pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Fresh ingredients, terrific pizza crust with interesting topping combinations, consistently good, attentive service.Special Features:
- MratingsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Ricotta pancakes are superb and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Food and Service...outstanding2viewDined on 7/3/2014Great food and excellent service. Patio is pleasant...except for 'flies in the ointment' which are distracting...guess they also appreciate great food. Suggest you schedule when you would face less competition.Special Features:
- casual dining in YountvilleYountvillefoodieDined on 6/28/2014Excellent assortment of pizza and lighter fare in Yountville. I would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great dishes for sharing. All are so tasty it's hard to pick just one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Yountville restaurantfoodiebearVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great Yountville restaurant visited, check! We've been meaning to eat here for ages but its really hard to score a prime time weekend reservation since the place is amazingly popular and for good reason, it's spot-on. From the professional knowledgeable staff to the generous kitchen this place just sparkles as far as I'm concerned. Food recommendations, chicken liver toast, chopped salad, prosciutto pizza, cannoli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service. mgr unprofessional!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/26/2014Food was great but service was beyond bad! Pizza takes 2 minutes but we waited over an hour! When asked about this both waiter and manager were disrespectful. Told us they were busy. Food was good but service and noise level were atrocious
- Great pizzas and salad, Small menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014Wait service a bit slow, but other wait service (water, etc) was spot on. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in all of napa valleyPickyVIPDined on 6/22/2014I can't wait to return. I ate there for 3 days in a row. They do it right. French laundry doesn't hold a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood Rocks!Loveswine59VIPDined on 6/22/2014So much more than the "PIZZERIA" that is stenciled on the window. We have dined here a number of times over the past couple of years and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is casual and fun. The ingredients are fresh and extremely high quality. The house made charcuterie is great. We can make a meal on the charcuterie and cheese platter. The pasta is amazing -- made in house and extremely tender. The combinations of toppings on the wood fired pizzas are unusual, creative and really tasty. The ice creams are home made, creamy delights. Love it all! Don't forget to order the grilled bread on the side -- it's a must! The servers are friendly and knowledgeable about the food AND the wine list. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAmy3VIPDined on 6/21/2014All of the food is great but I particularly love the pizza- it is better than anything else I've tasted in the Bay Area and beyond!
- Excellent MealbellarubiacaDined on 6/20/2014Our lunch was great! All dishes were fresh and delicious. There were so many great choices! The server was attentive. The pasta dish was excellent! The chopped salad had great flavor balance and the burrata was delicious. Love eating there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of ours!Elle42Dined on 6/18/2014I love love eating at Redd Wood! Returned the other night and the food again was interesting as well as delicious. Our waiter gave great descriptions -- you could tell he knew the food and cared that we would enjoy it! That's a plus in my book! The pizza is great, the pasta al dente, the bruschetta with chicken livers delicious, the tomatoes with burrata ..... All yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in YountvilleRVegDined on 6/17/2014We love Redwood as the service and food is good with a great ambience. Not an uppity break your wallet place but great pizza, salads and specials. Wine and bar service exceptional. Our waitress was great not rushing us and provided great service. Many choices in Yountville and this is one to try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/17/2014Everything regarding the meal and service was good, although they didn't follow through and confirm our showing up back to Open Table. We did check in with the host and he found our reservation right away. So we had to reply back to Open Table with details from our meal receipt to prove we were there, so we didn't negatively impact our 100% perfect Open Table track record.Special Features:
- Excellent food, too many kidsFelinuxDined on 6/15/2014Based on one day visiting the Napa wine country, it seems that Redd Wood and WineTrain are run with the idea that the great wines that come from the region must have equally great food and atmosphere to complement. I wish people would leave their noisy, stupid children at home when they go dining or to the theater — or stop having noisy, stupid children.Special Features:
- Nice place, good pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2014The location isn't all that great, nor are the views of the road, but the wood fired pizza is nice and a good change from some of the haute cuisine at the other restuarants in town.Special Features:
- redd wood - comfort food done wellOneManDined on 6/9/2014Great thin crust pizzas, cocktails were well executed.the Pear vodka concoction was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza and saladsSFCAFOXDined on 6/8/2014We'd come back! I wasn't a fan of the mushroom pizza but my two dining guests RAVED about it. The Prosciutto was excellent!Salads and drinks were really good too.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceToddKDined on 6/7/2014Had a very nice dinner at Redd Wood. The staff was very attentive and informative - specifically our waiter, and the staff sommelier concerning wine choices. The food was preferred perfectly, and everyone enjoyed their meals tremendously. My only complaint was that the pepperocini on the special meatball pizza I ordered just didn't quite fit with the rest of the pizza ingredients. But the meal in general was well prepared, and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerBackinBCDined on 6/6/2014Our meal was quite simple, Salmon tar tare for app, Pizza and a side of asparagus. All was exceptional, especially the salmon app! The waiter was the only problem - he took my drink order, and simply returned a while later asking if I had ordered a drink, he couldn't remember. After we finished the app, the pizza was delivered, but no asparagus, it wasn't to show up until the pizza was completed. As we were finishing the pizza, we asked the waiter if we could cancel the asparagus, he said it was on the way (obviously forgotten, like the drink order), and moments later it arrived. It was all delicious but spoiled a bit by the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findColcosVIPDined on 6/2/2014Stylishly casual and hip restaurant. Great Italian influenced menu with house made charcuterie, fresh pasta, wood fired pizza and a few main dishes. I had a pasta special of toothsome wide noodles with a creamy but not heavy sauce of mushrooms,fresh fava beans and peas. We shared the 5 selection charcuterie plate. The pate was very flavorful as were all the salumi. I loved the pickled onions and beets that came along side. We sat outside in a lovely courtyard they have big umbrellas for the sun and heaters for the chilly evenings. Flies and bees are a big problem though. Nice new and old world wine selections and good waitstaff.Special Features:
- I rather try something else...NotSoGREATVIPDined on 6/1/2014I was actually really excited to try REDD Wood, especially since REDD was an amazing experience. Unfortunately the service was mediocre, and the food was unenlightening. The food is something I’ve tasted before. In a place like Yountville, I would rather go somewhere else to spend my money and actually be satisfied. I was really upset that my experience sucked!
- "Meh.." Dinning experience....thadramDined on 5/26/2014Not the dinning experience we had hoped for. In my opinion it was just as the window said, a pizzeria. The entrance is not clear, we were not greeted and our server did not introduce herself. The food portion was small and the spaghetti mostly had peas and not the vegetables as described.
- Staff is AwesomeWaytogoVIPDined on 5/26/2014Great service, food and atmosphere is always at this location for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOutstandingVIPDined on 5/25/2014We wanted a dinner that wan't as heavy for our last night in the Napa Valley. The food here was good and the pizza was delicious.Special Features:
- All around great experienceRossbossDined on 5/25/2014Extremely tasty food, very accommodating and unpretentious staff. Sausage Pizza, meat ball appetizer, spring green salad and butterscotch pot de creme were all terrific! Manager appreciated a taste of the wine from the bottle we brought. Would absolutely go back.Special Features:
- NCtoNYattyDined on 5/24/2014Felt like they were pushing us out. Not very conducive to the relaxed dinner we were hoping for. Ordered appetizers, salad, and pizza--all came out in under 20 minutes and they asked us if we were done three times before it was even an hour after we sat. Finally left with half a pizza remaining because it was so uncomfortable.
- Great Food and atmosphereKandI2626Dined on 5/24/2014My fiancé and I enjoyed the great drinks on the menu and had the amazing meatballs for an appetizer. Our pizza was also fantastic! I would highly recommend this resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville Favorite!mauigirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014Redd Wood is by far my favorite restaurant in the Wine Country. Lunch or dinner, both excellent. The food is exceptional whether you order a pizza, pasta, or main dish. Sometimes they offer a excellent hamburger as a special during lunch time. The servings are generous so you might share a pasta and pizza and a salad with a few people. Delicious!Special Features:
- Delicious!bella1862Dined on 5/20/2014We came here after a long day of traveling to Napa Valley. The burrata and arugula pizza - paired with fantastic glasses of wine hit the spot. Our reservation was fairly early - around 6:30 - so it was still day light out. Very relaxing, cool atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual but classyfoodiefriendDined on 5/20/2014We were very pleased with everything. Pizza is super. Real flavor in crust. Not just puffy bread with pasta sauce on top. Interesting flavors for toppings also. We wanted Brussels sprouts salad but they were not in season so we got the equivelent with asparagus. Delicious. Wait staff very personable. Great evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Early dinnerPaulDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful staff, everyone looks out for the customers needs. Wings with original sauce are a must and extra cloth napkins are brought with the wings. The chicken liver appetizer was served on crisp crustini and if your a fan you cannot pass this one up. Pizza is thin crust with imaginative toppings and prepared in a wood burning oven, delicious.Special Features:
- Great pizzas and saladsDavidVIPDined on 5/17/2014The pizzas were spectacular. We had a prosciutto and a sausage pizza. The crust was perfect, thin and crispy. The meats are cured in house and tasted like they had just been prepared. Complimentary sparkling or still water is a great idea. Two of our party had the spring vegetable salads and they really liked them as well. Fresh, tasty vegetables. A great lunchSpecial Features:
- A must for those visiting NapaNapaOrBustVIPDined on 5/16/2014My girlfriend booked us a trip to Napa with one goal besides experiencing great wine; the perfect dinner that would consist of Wine, Salad, and Pizza. All found at Redd Wood, all outstanding. They have a ton of other stuff but for what we were looking for, perfect on all accounts. Great server recommended her favorites and allowed us to bounce ideas and questions off of. Being seated outside next to a bunch of "kids" that didn't like something because it was too fancy for them so they complained constantly wasn't any fault of the staff or anyone. Ruined the ambience but hey, it's life.Special Features: