6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: (707) 299-5030
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)great for outdoor dining (105)neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (72)hot spot (57)good for groups (56)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (40)romantic (28)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (22)great for brunch (17)late-night find (15)scenic view (6)Show More
- Mushroom PizzaFarndogVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had some wood fired pizzas for lunch - all were good....however, the mushroom pizza was great! Stop here for lunch if you are looking for a place in Yountville!Special Features:
- Killer pizza!VinfanDined on 9/9/2014The mushroom-pancetta pizza is so good I've had it twice in a month. Very nice Caesar salad, although it's not called that. Server was great and comped us a chilled corn soup -- yummy. Homemade ice cream was icy -- go for the cannoli instead. Only negative for locals is the $20 corkage fee -- very steep for a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!AnniebDined on 9/8/2014Definitely recommend Redd Wood for a casual night out. The food is always good (we split a burrata caprese, a pizza and bucatini pasta) and the servers were so much fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014While staying in Napa, we enjoyed our best dinner at Redd. Amazing food and top-notch service. "A must" while visiting the valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDinealotDined on 9/7/2014We had salmon appetizer, shared a pizza and also the clam pasta...all very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good pizzartpivVIPDined on 9/7/2014Redd Wood has very good pizza and seasonal dishes. Outside seating is much better than inside.Special Features:
- Great casual spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Redd Wood is a great spot for drinks, pizza and smal plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKReviewerNicknameVIPDined on 9/4/2014This place was just an okay wood fired pizza place. The salad we ordered to begin with was WAY overdressed and the greens were not the freshest. We complained to the waiter about this but there was no action or reaction and the item remained on our bill - which was surprising. Pizzas were decent and the dough is good.
- Redd Wood Impressive!DiningchicDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed our first dinner in Yountville here with top notch service and flavorful food. Fritto misto wonderfully prepared and pizzas that I would defintely go back for again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over delivered on all accountsMVE1961VIPDined on 8/29/2014Redd Wood was a perfect way to enjoy our first night on our trip. Great food, awesome setting, relaxed and great service. The warm olives were a perfect start, great salads and entrees. We will likely return before we head home. Well done!Special Features:
- Pizza to die forTigerlilyDined on 8/23/2014We loved dinner at Red Wood. Terrific service and outstanding food. The place was hopping with lots of people. Only downside was the limited washroom facilities. All in all we would be back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit just as good as firstValleygardenerDined on 8/16/2014Leisurely lunch on the courtyard patio. Sunny summer ----but tables were nicely shaded. Excellent salad with mini tomatoes and a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza. Excellent but unobtrusive service. First visit was in December with a large group inside. Amazingly quiet--- a special dedicated space for groups helps. Large windows of the courtyard. Superior pastas.Special Features:
- Luv2gooutVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been here many times for dinner. The food is consistently very good, and the service is always personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!!eatsbyerinDined on 8/15/2014We ended up having an early dinner here straight from our last wine tasting. It wasn't crowded at all yet (about 5pm on a Friday) and the server was very attentive! The pizza was DELICIOUS and we even ordered a second pizza to go to have for a late night snack at our hotel! We also started with the caesar and it was great! (love caesars with anchovies!) The only reason I gave my experience a 4 instead of a 5 was because we initially wanted to sit outside but there were so many flies it was unbearable. Luckily were were able to move inside very easily and it was great atmosphere (thought still came across a fly or two) But would still definitely go back and recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent good, poor serviceLambooVIPDined on 8/14/2014Casual, neighborhood place - not a destination restaurant by a long shot. Friendly, youthful but forgetful service. Long waits between waiter stop-by's and we were front and center in the room, dishes served but no knives and forks for five minutes, empty glasses for eons, wrong doggy bag ... A bit air-headed wait staff, I guess.Special Features:
- EB FeedEatOutVIPDined on 8/14/2014The best 'rita I've had in years. Almost worth going in just for the drinks, but the food is really great too.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We made a last minute reservation at Redd Wood while on vacation in Yountville. We wanted to go for a slightly less rich and a little more casual dinner than we'd been having all week. We had an appetizer of grilled peppers (spicy!) and we all had pizzas for our main courses. All were very, very, tasty with nice crispy crusts. Cannoli and ice cream for dessert, yum! You can get lots of great food in Yountville, and Redd Wood is right up there with the best.Special Features:
- Outstandinglove2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is our second time eating here and it was just as good the second time. The food was excellent. It is kid friendly, but still a chic venue. We all enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return again.Special Features:
- great findggalDined on 8/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere. Interesting tastes. Helpful staff. Would like to try more of the interesting dishes there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!KimberlyDined on 8/9/2014I'm a local to the area and this was the first time my husband and I ate at Redd Wood. The service was great and the food was fantastic. We shared a pizza, a pasta dish and the pork dish. The pizza has great thin crust and there's a burst of flavor. The obviously home made pasta was delicious and the pork melted in your mouth. The noise is a little loud but it's definitely a vibrant and lively place to eat. The prices are reasonable too. This will definitely be one of regular spots.Special Features:
- Salty food!!Tokyo331Dined on 8/8/2014Cobb salad was good but pizza, pasta and steak we ate were all too salty! I guess they want to make us thirsty and drink more wine.Special Features:
- Best Pizza . . . EverLosFelizNatvDined on 8/7/2014House made charcuterie, exemplary burrata, heirloom tomatoes at their peak of flavor and texture, wood fired pizza oven and best tasting pizza dough/crust. Topping combinations are seasonal and super smart. Flavor profiles and relationships couldn't be better.Perfectly cooked with blistering but without burning. The rest of the menu was OK in comparison. The pasta with calamari was over-sauced and the linguine cooked past al dente. Too bad because the pizza was and is the best . . . everSpecial Features:
- Best choice in Napa for food/priceoshendreamerDined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed! So many choices that we shared a few things for variety. A must in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only gets betterSarahDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant in the Napa Valley. Every time we come here not only is the food absolutely heavenly but the service keeps getting more and more polished. Love this place. If you love pizza and other fresh dishes from a wood oven, you will love it, too.Special Features:
- We recommend Redd Wood!pryan30Dined on 7/29/2014Dining outside at Redd Wood was a great experience! The pizza was fantastic, the atmosphere was fun and the surrounding buildings make it seems as though you are in a European village. A great casual place to visit in Yountville.Special Features:
- Excellent foodFinicky4foodVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great Pizza (sausage), great pasta (bucatini w/ guanciale) great Italian Chopped Salad. All their meats are cured in house, and taste fresh and not aged. Overall, a very casual spot; unpretentious. Service was very good. An excellent, tasty meal overall. The "peach" bellini did not come as I thought, not really to my taste, as they used peach sherbert instead of fresh peaches.Special Features:
- Delight yet understatedfatcatDined on 7/27/2014Simple food executed perfectly. Who would thought aubergine pizza can be so delightful. Service is so warm yet professional. Perfect spot to finish your winery day in comfort or any time of the day.Special Features:
- Wow!ShelleVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great Squash pizza and who would've thought to serve warm olives...fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 615 reviews are from the Redd Wood reviews archive.
- CrustiliciousEatistDined on 7/24/2014Pleasant and attentive service, and as good a pizza crust as we've had anywhere in the world. The preparation was excellent - fresh and tasty salad ingredients, meatball appetizer sufficient for the main course and beautifully textured. Falls short of five stars by a hair, but we are picky. The salad was sound, not memorable, and the mushroom pizza black garlic too dominant.Special Features:
- Good not greatMsSmithDined on 7/24/2014I had high expectations after reading reviews on Yelp and smelling the aroma as we entered the restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes early but they were able to seat us immediately. I love pizza but thought the pizza I ordered was just okay - it needed more tomato sauce and the crust was burnt in parts. However the pasta dish, which I shared with my companion, was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedCarolynDined on 7/22/2014The food was ok. The waitress had too many tables.
- excellent choice in wine countryBarryVIPDined on 7/20/2014We were staying at the adjacent North Block Hotel, so we had the opportunity to try breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late nite bar. Without exception, all were top quality. The food is outstanding, the servers all knowledgeable and attentive. Ambiance varies at different times of day, as you would expect, but always in a mood appropriate for the time. The bartender was outgoing and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReddGreentypeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had the fried wings with gorgonzola sauce, very good sauce, tasty not greasy wings. The pizza we had was the mushroom, it was very good, each bite was different, savory , sweet and tangy, in varying degrees.Special Features:
- My favorite in the wine countrySarahDined on 7/19/2014For the cool design, the great outdoor space and, most importantly, the amazing food that comes from the kitchen, Redd Wood is hands down my favorite restaurant in wine country.Special Features:
- Upmarket Casual WinnerMVKatDined on 7/19/2014Everything we ordered on the menu was absolutely delicious -- the burrata and heirloom tomato appetizer, corn soup, summer veggie salad, sausage pizza, chocolate tart, caramel ice cream -- a party in my mouth experience. Plus, the rustic luxe interior architecture and design was spot on -- pairing nicely with the menu. So glad I tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeReddWoodVivaItaliaDined on 7/19/2014Everything on the menu sounds amazing. The meat platter was a bit pricey but worth the experience. Redd Wood by far is the best restaurant that I've visited in the Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redd woodsnackattackDined on 7/17/2014very good burger. pizza (had prosciutto/arugula etc) was good but not excellent. dough a bit over oiled and could have been a bit more crispy (personal taste). nice wine by the glass selection. cannoli desert fantastic. ice cream ok. very good server. we sat outside, which was nice. indoor room was lovely. would definitely go again and try other pizzas for comparison. it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificMomskitchen54VIPDined on 7/13/2014Redd and Redd Wood are always terrific. Relaxed in Yountville for three days and managed to eat their 4 times! Pizza, pizza, pizza! (And one delicious breakfast sandwich) pizza dough is tender with fire-roast blisters and "just right" thickness. But oh, the English muffins that cradle their breakfast sandwich...these are a must for any breakfast fan. Seriously, this should be everyone's pre-wine tasting meal. XOXOSpecial Features:
- Lord of the Fliessandj1Dined on 7/12/2014The food was fantastic. Our server, Amber, was fantastic. But....We sat outside near what we were told was a breeze way. Flies a unbearable amount of flies. That was the only down side. We will be back but we will not sit near the breeze way.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceKristenNapaVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant, and although it was a Friday night, there were a few open tables. Our reservation was for 7:30. We were seated immediately, but waited a very long time to be greeted by a waiter. We didn't receive our cocktails until we had been there for at least 15 minutes, and we finished our appetizers before our entrée order was even requested. The service was unbelievably slow (although they were friendly). However, the food was quite good, so if you're not in a hurry, you may want to consider going here.Special Features: