Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
417 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2166640941x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 6:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Bennett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
For patrons who value a premium culinary experience, RED The Steakhouse offers the best in high quality food by using the finest and freshest ingredients and creating an undeniably superb culinary experience. By transcending our guest’s expectations for superior service and food, Red The Steakhouse creates a consistent, exceptional and non-traditional dining experience. Enjoy the Wine Spectator award winning wine list as well as the Captain's List of specially featured wines. Reservations strongly recommended. Please be advised that reservations booked through OpenTable may be for the lounge area or the main dining room, if you have a preference please note that in your reservation or call us at (216) 664-0941. We will do our best to accommodate your request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)fit for foodies (66)romantic (64)notable wine list (62)hot spot (58)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (15)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (7)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fun on a sunny dayFunFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the heavy appetizers this visit along with a couple of beverages after work. I took my wife home the Carbanara and it was a hit as always! Don't forget the rooftop is open now! The view is fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I have now tried Red twice on recommendations from friends in hopes to have as good of a meal as they had. Both times, I was disappointed. The food was good, but was definitely not worth the money. I expect a perfectly cooked steak from a steakhouse and both times was left with an overdone steak. I will say though that the service was great and the ambiance was perfect for our romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Surprise Birthday CelabrationRicoDined on 8/23/2014My party celebrated a friend of over 30years 59th Birthday. Her sister flew in to Cleveland from Atlanta,GA Friday evening and I flew in to Cleveland from Somerset, NJ Saturday for the surprise dinner. The resaurant was what we expected. Will definately come back or visit the other locations in FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetodineDined on 8/22/2014My husband had ordered filet mignon (medium rear) & I had ordered the seafood special lobster tails. The steak was cooked to perfection, whereas I had to send the lobster back as it was overcooked. Staff & manager were very apologetic & had chef make me a new plate. Which was much better, but still disappointed that at a fine dining estabilment. I wouldn't go back as I don't eat red meat, but my husband loved his filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I did not like the seasoning they put On the steak. It ruined it for me. Meat was outstanding, would like to try it without the rub.Special Features:
- Cramped and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was excellent but the layout was cramped, uncomfortable for a party of 8 and noisy. The build out didn't absorb noise as it should it made it worse.Special Features:
- Seeing red at RedbbearDined on 8/19/2014I went to Red before and wanted to try the downtown Cleveland location for a special occasion. The food, the ambience, anf most of the service was outstanding. But in the end, the waiter accidentally charged my credit card for the table next to us, a bill over $600. The mistake was quickly fixed, but now I have to wait about 2 weeks for the hold on my card and the return of funds. So now my money is in limbo and all tied up. A great dinner and evening, but in the end all I will end up remembering is how a careless mistake was a pain in the neck to me for weeks after he meal was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, loud, expensiveRealCoupleReviewsDined on 8/16/2014First, great food, great service. The steaks were prime, perfectly seasoned, and cooked exactly as requested. The side dishes were spectacular. It was very louden the restaurant. There was a constant din. Our table of four could not hear each other without leaning to within inches of each other, and definitely could not hear conversation across the table. The cost is expensive, but not outrageous, considering the excellent food and service. They added a nice touch with a happy birthday to my wife, written on the plate that they brought the toppings for the benets on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem to ClevelandLUIGIDined on 8/16/2014One of the best restaurants we have been to for steaks and our 25th wedding anniversary and everything else on the menu for that matter :-). They do everything right. Nothing more I can add except ---just get there , you will never be disappointed !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomandPapaDined on 8/16/2014We had an outstanding experience and an especially attentive ( without being a pest) and personable waiter. There was a management person around to ask about our experience (to help if we have any problems- none) and as expected a complimentary dessert as we were celebrating our Anniversary. The food was very good and lived up to Red's excellent rep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good foodmnmpomDined on 8/16/2014We went to Red for dinner. Appetizer ( calamari) and salad was excellent. Wide selection of main dishes. Our steak and fish were cooked a bit too long. Disappointing when you pay a high price for food. The taste was good, but texture off since it was cooked too long. The special side for the night was a potato gnocchi and it was so, so. The sauce was good, but the gnocchi was a bit too dense and chewy and it only had two small pieces of crab on it. Our server was pleasant and attentive, but she only asked how the food looked when we first got it, not how it tasted after we had tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Outstanding, start to finish. I can't think of any part of the experience that wasn't five-star, from great cocktails and appetizers, to an excellent entree and sides, ending with a perfect desert. Service was impeccable from the moment we entered until the time we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceHappynurseDined on 8/15/2014My husband and u went for our anniversary, it was a wonderful experience. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Red!NatalieDined on 8/15/2014We love Red! Amazing steaks and service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good? Yes. Value? DebatableabcdefgDined on 8/15/2014Friend and I went there Friday night. As a whole, it was very good. We both ordered the USDA Prime strip, seasoned and cooked perfectly. Unfortunately, our cuts were not as good as other steaks we've had at $15/steak lower with both of us having poor marbling and gristle/fat running through some portions. Sides were good (as was the steak tartare) but not great, drinks, adjusted for price point, average. Service was great: our waiter was there any time we needed him. He did forget to double check the simple things--like why put 3 pieces of bread when there are two people dining? Or perhaps tell the kitchen to have sufficient crostini on plate to eat the appetizer (something which virtually every establishment forgets). Wanted more value.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in ClevelandFoodie1Dined on 8/14/2014Red is the only Restaurant to eat at in Cleveland! Don't waste your money anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite steakhouseFdESarahDined on 8/14/2014Steak was fabulous, perfectly cooked. Salads were excellent. Three of us each had a different salad and all of us were very happy with what we had. The doughnut holes were great, but MUCH bigger than doughnut holes. We would have ordered fewer had we known. Our only complaint was the noise level. It was really difficult to have a conversation. There ws a concert at the Q. It might not be that noisy on another night.Special Features:
- Food=AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The Filet Mignon was out of this world!! We had stuffed peppers for an appetizer which were fantastic and filet mignon and salmon with a side of mashed potatoes for dinner. Everything was fantastic! I would suggest steak of course over the salmon though. Wine list was also great. Only downfall was our server. He was terrible. Never asked us how anything was or if we ever needed anything else. We sat with empty plates in front of us forever and empty water and wine glasses. Would have ordered another bottle of wine but the server never bothered to come back. Hopefully you get someone better!Special Features:
- WonderfultheplannerDined on 8/8/2014Everything was outstanding for our dinner. We'll definitely be back.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Steak was amazing! The sides and wedge salad were just okay I've had better at their competitor Hyde Park. It was hard to carry on a conversation it was pretty loud in the dining room but overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebandEdDined on 7/26/2014What can I say . . . it's RED!!!! A different "vibe" than the one in Beachwood, much younger crowd making it have a higher energy level.Special Features:
- Great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Went to Red for my brothers bachelor party. Our server Judith was fantastic she made the night. We had a party of five the fifth showed up when we were almost done eating. Judith had fun with him about being late which was perfect. He ordered and somehow she worked her magic and he had his dinner in about 7 minuets which was amazing because the resturant was full. Can't wait to go back the steaks and all te sides were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent steak. Cooked perfectly. Great options for sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy, great steaksxtaskiDined on 7/19/2014It's a great place to go for a good steak in downtown Cleveland. It's a good idea to make a reservation well in advance for a weekend night as they were booked solid past 9pm when we went. I had the 8oz filet which was outstanding. My wife loved the Mac & Cheese side. I will say some of the menu items were a miss. The risotto was "blah" as was the bernaise steak sauce. They should add a red wine reduction sauce to go with the perfectly done filet steaks. Would definitely go back for the steaks.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food is top notch and the service is extraordinary.Special Features:
- Special Occasionmt33Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I recently went to Red, The Steakhouse, for our anniversary dinner. This was our first time dining at Red and it left a lasting impression on both of us. From the drinks, apps, entrees, and special desert they gave us for our first visit, the food was spectacular. The service was notable as well and earned high praise from us for their attention to detail. We highly recommend this restaurant and we will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okjjpclevDined on 7/18/2014we had pretty high expectations for this restaurant. but sadly, they were not met. out server was very attentive, but the food was just ok. of course, it was quite expensive, but we kinda expected that. we had to send a few items back. and our steaks were covered in pepper. I understand using a little pepper to season, but our steaks ( and pretty much most of our food ) was coated in pepper. needless to say, we left feeling like we probably will not go back.
- CharlieNeverDined on 7/16/2014I do not want to write a review. Most restaurants I go too, especially the privately owned ones are pretty good. Yet, I like to offer positive criticism to make them better. Yet, most managers and owners do not want to hear about it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamtheshamDined on 7/14/2014We're from NY the steakhouse capital of the world. This was one of the best steakhouses I ever went to. From start to finish A++. Steak was amazing. Dohnuts for dessert were a special treat. Not to be missed if you are in Cleveland and like steakhousesSpecial Features:
- Welcomde to Cleveland reds!jjmIIIDined on 7/14/2014Went to Reds with my Wife. We both had amazing Ribeyes. Very good steaks cooked perfect. The tomato salad was great and can be shared like an appetizer. Cream corn and fries were good, but the risotto was amazing. We really had no complaints. It was a weekday and not a huge crowd, but very busy. Everything still went very smooth. We will be back. Watch out Blue Point Grill, Reds is doing it better!Special Features:
- Cleveland's BestJohnDBDined on 7/12/2014If you are seeking an upscale dining experience in Cleveland, this is it. The steaks are mouth-watering and the service is superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!ChadrickVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Red in Beachwood several times and have been impressed every single time! The downtown location, in my opinion, outdoes the original restaurant. The decor is just as sleek but being able to watch the city come to life as you are dining is another experience in itself! Our server was extremely efficient and friendly! He turned me on to Nolfin's gin which is now my favorite gin of choice! The steaks are still the best I've had in Cleveland....so if you are looking for a wonderful space with great food this place is it!!Special Features:
- Great experience.SouthernboyDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has some of the best cuts of prime steak and veal in the city! I would stay away from the appetizers, the quantity/quality do not warrant the cost. Service was on point. Staff was attentive and resourceful.Special Features:
- Special eveningCher2shareDined on 7/9/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday here. They added to the event by placing us at booth near windows to catch the urban vibe and then surprised us with a complimentary donut dessert to share. Divine. Word of caution the sides are huge so share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014Totally recommend it! The food is excellent!! The menu extensive with delicious choices,so don't doubt it!Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2014We went for our anniversary and my husband ordered the filet and I ordered the lobster, both were phenomenal ! Also, we got the gnocchi side dish which was amazing ! For dessert the lava cake was awesome ! Great dinner. The waiter did take his time getting over to us but the food made it worth it! We diner outside and had a couple bums come up to us ! I would hope for the money you spend eating there that wouldn't happen !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!familyof4Dined on 7/5/2014We had a wonderful dinner filled with great food, excellent service, and a very accommodating staff! I would recommend to anyone who enjoys amazing food (and does not mind paying for it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dcDCDFDined on 7/5/2014The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. We have dined at both Beachwood and Cleveland, this time was in CLE... Great service and wonderful descriptions of the food! When it came down to time for our dessert our waiter was able to spot on explain the food and such great descriptive words he gave for being asked on the spot, that it made us want to try it even more!! so friendly. He was wonderful! Never have had a better steak!Special Features:
- Best steak in ClevelandSJE1Dined on 7/5/2014We wanted to try this location as we have been to the one in Beachwood. Location, venue were very good. Steaks were excellent - cooked to perfection. Sides were excellent as well - Recommend creamed corn. Tater tots were very good - the sauce it came with did not work though. Server was very good. Didn't rush, but didn't keep us lingering as well. If you want the best steak in Cleveland, this is what I would recommend. One suggestion - appetizer selection needs to be a little more diverse. While I like tartare/sushi, people in my family do not like it so that knocked out half of the appetizers. Add a few more "cooked" items.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksEdmundFitzgeraldVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food and service was excellent. We made perfect choices for our food and had enough to enjoy the next day.Special Features: