Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
417 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2166640941x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 6:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Bennett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland
For patrons who value a premium culinary experience, RED The Steakhouse offers the best in high quality food by using the finest and freshest ingredients and creating an undeniably superb culinary experience. By transcending our guest’s expectations for superior service and food, Red The Steakhouse creates a consistent, exceptional and non-traditional dining experience. Enjoy the Wine Spectator award winning wine list as well as the Captain's List of specially featured wines. Reservations strongly recommended. Please be advised that reservations booked through OpenTable may be for the lounge area or the main dining room, if you have a preference please note that in your reservation or call us at (216) 664-0941. We will do our best to accommodate your request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Red, the Steakhouse Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (69)romantic (66)hot spot (64)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (15)late-night find (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best filet of my life!Mullens0831Dined on 9/27/2014Best filet mignon that I have ever had. Excellent flavor and tenderness. A bit of sticker shock when we got the bill.. All sides are a la cart and our side salads were $10 a piece. The biggest issue was the price of my grey goose cosmopolitans... $17 a piece!!! ( I had 2). Expect to drop at least $100 a person. Excellent for a special occasion. I highly recommend dining here at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in ClevelandGregDined on 9/27/2014I've been to several nice steakhouses in Cleveland, and the steak I had here blows every other one out of the water. Sure, it's really expensive, but so is every nice steakhouse.Do yourself a favor and try it at least once. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time!AshandjamDined on 9/27/2014We went to red for our first anniversary. We had an amazing time. The food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryLuvtheserviceDined on 9/26/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Red. The food was ok but a bit overpriced. The steak was very good. The sides seemed smaller than other steak houses. The service was good but there were moments when waiter seemed to be away longer than expected. The wine list was very good. Our biggest dissatisfaction was the music choice and volume. We would have preferred more mellow music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014This is my second visit. Both times the food and service were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch in Clevelandm2m5767Dined on 9/23/2014I have taken many clients to Reds recently. There are quite a few restaurants in Cleveland that offer good food but you won't find the friendly service you get at Reds anywhere else. The young manager Angelina knows everyone by name and always comes over to make sure everything is perfect. I will admit I have had some needy clients, Angelina and Luanna always accommodate our every need. The veal sandwich is a must, but you better bring your appetite. Couldn't be happier that Reds decided to open for lunch downtown. Best lunch you'll find in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsnipsVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our visit to Red downtown. As with our visits to the Beachwood location our meals were excellent. Red excels with steaks and no one in the Cleveland area comes close to cooking a filet like they do. Yes it is expensive, but yes, it is worth a visit. We went there for my son's birthday on his request and had a great meal. The complimentary doughnut hole birthday dessert was a great way to end the meal. The downtown Red is bigger than the Beachwood location and it was great to see the place packed.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedWinterSteeleDined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I recently came for the first time to celebrate his birthday. He wanted to go to a steak place, so I asked a friend of mine what he believed to be the best steak place in Cleveland. He is always very reliable when it comes to dining suggestions. He said that it was hands down Red Steak. We were not disappointed. Our waiter was very friendly and courteous. We both agreed it was one of the best steaks we have ever had. I have been recommending it to my friends. The only thing I was disappointed by was my friend had told me about an amazing cheese plate... turns out that is only available at the Beachwood location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and accommodatingJOEYCLEDined on 9/15/2014We had a large group that ended up being bigger than expected. Katie the hostess, Dave our serve, and the General Manager(whose name I can't recall at the moment) did everything they could to make sure that we were happy and allowed us to cram 13 guys around a table for 10. Dinner came and everyone was wowed on first bite. Look forward to coming back with my significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served the wrong steakNateDined on 9/15/2014I had chosen the 16 oz prime ribeye, but the server said that they had a certified 22oz bone in ribeye as a special. I had three guests from Tokyo who wanted a great steak. I recommended the bone in ribeye. The steak that I received was a Kansas City strip. Temperature was fine, but it was not a ribeye. I did not have the heart to make a fuss. My guests enjoyed their steaks, not knowing any better. I did not. It was not the steak I had ordered. After our meal, the manager assured me that it was a ribeye. It was not. It was a strip. I have had enough of both to tell the difference. I will serve my guests a 22 oz prime ribeye at Gibson's in Chicago tomorrow night. I guarantee that they will prefer the ribeye at Gibson's.
- Too loud, too expensiveDelightMeDined on 9/13/2014Noise level is horrible. iPad cocktail list is gimmicky and not intuitive. Our waiter was on the young side, not very professional. Appetizers came and there were no appetizer dishes. Entrees came before we were done with our apps. None of the food was placed in front of the right person. $2.95 for tiny cups of sauces are not worth it. Steaks were tasty, a couple were over done a bits. Sides were not memorable. The worst was the "loaded" baked potato-basically a potato with a glob of butter that claims to have all the fixin's in it. You can get a real loaded baked potato that is 100 times better at Outback. Actually, for the money, I'd choose outback every time. This was not a meal remotely worthy of the $400 price tag (4 diners).Special Features:
- red the steakhousedccsDined on 9/13/2014best steak i have ever had! charred on outside and perfect on inside!Special Features:
- Hip alternative to trad. steakhousecajunqueenDined on 9/12/2014Fabulous food, sleek and sexy decor, extensive wine list with every price range, and great service. Only set-back is that it gets loud in there. Can't hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- The food is the thing!CalziDined on 9/12/2014Excellent onion soup and filet. Superb staff. A bit pricey is all , but we were well taken care of- overall great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalAvonDinerDined on 9/11/2014Great food. Excellent service. What more to say. Actually our server John made some suggestions and he was right on target with the special veg of the day which was Ohio sweet creamed corn topped with browned bread crumbs. It was so sweet and the corn flavor was just bursting in every bite. The prime ribeye was also an excellent choice as it was finished with their secret rub. John overheard us talking about the donut dessert and it appeared with birthday wishes. Excellent cappucino and a great local dessert ice wine topped off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a megaphone + your bank book!HavinFunDined on 9/11/2014Acoustics are impossible and the wine list pricing is offensive. You have to shout to be heard. The food is veery good, very expensive and well served. I will not hurry back.Special Features:
- Lunch saladsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Salads were perfect size for lunch. Adding salmon to the beet salad made it especially delicious and filling. Chopped salad was adequate but I have tasted better at the Red in Beachwood. Service was attentive but not at all rushed and I was able to get coffee refills easily.
- Great ExperienceDollarBillVIPDined on 9/9/2014Bar service was friendly. Table service was great appetizers were excellent. My ribeye, prepared Pittsburgh" style was perhaps the best I have eaten in memory. Prices are in line with top steakhouses and the food was excellent. We ordered a butterscotch pudding which was a perfect palate cleanser. I would highly recommend Red downtown.Special Features:
- Nothing magicOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014Although steak was done correctly, medium rare, it was dry. Time between apps and main course too long. With prices like this,$47 for the steak, you don't get to make errors. Staff friendly and courteous. Also my reservation was715, didn't get seated till 740? Many have said this is a chronic problem at downtown location. I have eaten at the beechwood Red and it was fabulous. Typical problems with chains no matter how small. Many other steak houses at this price as well as less with better steak. I won't return to this oneSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant and service was good, nice wine selection. We had a great fresh king crab appetizer, the bread and beet salad was good. The entrees were terrible and very disappointing. The rack of lamb ordered rare was raw on one end and over cooked on the other assuming because of the poor cut, under seasoned; the bearnaise sauce was bland and served in a tiny ramekin. The steak was overly salty but the cut seemed okay, but again not much flavor. They did address the issue with the lamb, it was decided to remove the charge from the bill. Would not recommend especially based on the prices.Special Features:
- Perfect business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Red is a perfect spot for a professional business lunch. The service was prompt and the meal the perfect size for a work day. The lunch menu is paired down a bit, but still offered a wide range of foods and preparations to suit almost any tastes. We had 5 in our party and all of us were impressed by the quality.Special Features:
- Steak......AllimcDined on 8/30/2014We all had steak for dinner. The party we were with had dined at the Beachwood location numerous times and loved it. Me I am not a fan and didn't want to say anything. I ordered a $40 filet rare and the outside was so chard that the steak itself was not tender. If they are going char meat and season it so much they should let the patron know that it's being cooked with a blow torch!Special Features:
- Fun on a sunny dayFunFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the heavy appetizers this visit along with a couple of beverages after work. I took my wife home the Carbanara and it was a hit as always! Don't forget the rooftop is open now! The view is fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I have now tried Red twice on recommendations from friends in hopes to have as good of a meal as they had. Both times, I was disappointed. The food was good, but was definitely not worth the money. I expect a perfectly cooked steak from a steakhouse and both times was left with an overdone steak. I will say though that the service was great and the ambiance was perfect for our romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A Star In Downtown ClevelandRuditVIPDined on 8/25/2014A super location with great food and outstanding atmosphere. My meal was exceptionally good, quiet environment enhanced business conversation and the service was terrific. Definitely worthy of additional visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Birthday CelabrationRicoDined on 8/23/2014My party celebrated a friend of over 30years 59th Birthday. Her sister flew in to Cleveland from Atlanta,GA Friday evening and I flew in to Cleveland from Somerset, NJ Saturday for the surprise dinner. The resaurant was what we expected. Will definately come back or visit the other locations in FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetodineDined on 8/22/2014My husband had ordered filet mignon (medium rear) & I had ordered the seafood special lobster tails. The steak was cooked to perfection, whereas I had to send the lobster back as it was overcooked. Staff & manager were very apologetic & had chef make me a new plate. Which was much better, but still disappointed that at a fine dining estabilment. I wouldn't go back as I don't eat red meat, but my husband loved his filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I did not like the seasoning they put On the steak. It ruined it for me. Meat was outstanding, would like to try it without the rub.Special Features:
- Cramped and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was excellent but the layout was cramped, uncomfortable for a party of 8 and noisy. The build out didn't absorb noise as it should it made it worse.Special Features:
- Seeing red at RedbbearDined on 8/19/2014I went to Red before and wanted to try the downtown Cleveland location for a special occasion. The food, the ambience, anf most of the service was outstanding. But in the end, the waiter accidentally charged my credit card for the table next to us, a bill over $600. The mistake was quickly fixed, but now I have to wait about 2 weeks for the hold on my card and the return of funds. So now my money is in limbo and all tied up. A great dinner and evening, but in the end all I will end up remembering is how a careless mistake was a pain in the neck to me for weeks after he meal was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, loud, expensiveRealCoupleReviewsDined on 8/16/2014First, great food, great service. The steaks were prime, perfectly seasoned, and cooked exactly as requested. The side dishes were spectacular. It was very louden the restaurant. There was a constant din. Our table of four could not hear each other without leaning to within inches of each other, and definitely could not hear conversation across the table. The cost is expensive, but not outrageous, considering the excellent food and service. They added a nice touch with a happy birthday to my wife, written on the plate that they brought the toppings for the benets on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem to ClevelandLUIGIDined on 8/16/2014One of the best restaurants we have been to for steaks and our 25th wedding anniversary and everything else on the menu for that matter :-). They do everything right. Nothing more I can add except ---just get there , you will never be disappointed !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomandPapaDined on 8/16/2014We had an outstanding experience and an especially attentive ( without being a pest) and personable waiter. There was a management person around to ask about our experience (to help if we have any problems- none) and as expected a complimentary dessert as we were celebrating our Anniversary. The food was very good and lived up to Red's excellent rep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good foodmnmpomDined on 8/16/2014We went to Red for dinner. Appetizer ( calamari) and salad was excellent. Wide selection of main dishes. Our steak and fish were cooked a bit too long. Disappointing when you pay a high price for food. The taste was good, but texture off since it was cooked too long. The special side for the night was a potato gnocchi and it was so, so. The sauce was good, but the gnocchi was a bit too dense and chewy and it only had two small pieces of crab on it. Our server was pleasant and attentive, but she only asked how the food looked when we first got it, not how it tasted after we had tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Outstanding, start to finish. I can't think of any part of the experience that wasn't five-star, from great cocktails and appetizers, to an excellent entree and sides, ending with a perfect desert. Service was impeccable from the moment we entered until the time we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceHappynurseDined on 8/15/2014My husband and u went for our anniversary, it was a wonderful experience. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Red!NatalieDined on 8/15/2014We love Red! Amazing steaks and service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good? Yes. Value? DebatableabcdefgDined on 8/15/2014Friend and I went there Friday night. As a whole, it was very good. We both ordered the USDA Prime strip, seasoned and cooked perfectly. Unfortunately, our cuts were not as good as other steaks we've had at $15/steak lower with both of us having poor marbling and gristle/fat running through some portions. Sides were good (as was the steak tartare) but not great, drinks, adjusted for price point, average. Service was great: our waiter was there any time we needed him. He did forget to double check the simple things--like why put 3 pieces of bread when there are two people dining? Or perhaps tell the kitchen to have sufficient crostini on plate to eat the appetizer (something which virtually every establishment forgets). Wanted more value.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in ClevelandFoodie1Dined on 8/14/2014Red is the only Restaurant to eat at in Cleveland! Don't waste your money anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite steakhouseFdESarahDined on 8/14/2014Steak was fabulous, perfectly cooked. Salads were excellent. Three of us each had a different salad and all of us were very happy with what we had. The doughnut holes were great, but MUCH bigger than doughnut holes. We would have ordered fewer had we known. Our only complaint was the noise level. It was really difficult to have a conversation. There ws a concert at the Q. It might not be that noisy on another night.Special Features: