Red, the Steakhouse - Boca Raton
1901 North Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33427Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red, the Steakhouse - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5613539139
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Peter Vauthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Red, the Steakhouse offers unique and versatile spaces able to accommodate various group sizes and setups. From formal business meetings to cocktail parties and rehearsal dinners, the chic, atypical steakhouse décor and savory fare provide the perfect venue for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Rosemary Staltare 7866830045
A word from Red, the Steakhouse - Boca Raton
An unparalleled dining experience, RED, The Steakhouse, is touted by critics as a universal favorite. After premiering in South Florida in 2008 and becoming an established mainstay among South Beach elite, RED has made its grand debut in Boca Raton and is raising the bar on the culinary scene. Choose from a variety of the finest of cuts Certified Angus Beef®, fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world, local ingredients, imported specialties, seasonally selected vegetables and a wine list featuring over 500 personally selected bottles, including two private labels. With a trend setting appeal, quality, sophisticated ambience and inimitable cuisine - there is no denying that RED is haute.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red, the Steakhouse - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
- Red The SteakhouseRobbyDined on 3/30/2014Red is one of four restaurants by that name and owner-two in Cleveland,one in South Beach and this edition in Boca Raton. The menu emphasizes steak well chosen and prepared as ordered. There are delicious fish and pasta options as well. The prices are high with an Angus Beef filet mignon 8 oz. portion priced at forty one dollars. As a special occasion venue for most people this is an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very disappointingicm5950VIPDined on 3/29/2014Terrible service after 10 minutes of being ignored we had to get the manager to get things started with water, drinks etc! The steaks were tasty but this restaurant charges top steakhouse prices and is light years behind its local competition Mortons, Abe & Louie's, Ruth Chris etc on service. Even after having to involve the manager not once did he come back to check how we were doing. Our server gave us the specials but omitted to inform us that several menu items were not available until we tried to order. I had to pour my own wine pretty much throughout the meal. No kids meals so a $40 steak for a 7 year old!! She shared. Total bill, including tip, was over $400 for 4 people, simply not close to value for money very disappointing!
- Red Closing This Sunday............BobbyDined on 3/27/2014Wanted to try Red before it closed it's doors in Boca Raton. Reservation was honored on time, BUT only a booth in the bar area was available. Noise level was huge, made conversation hard and sometimes a minor crowd around some of the ladies almost touched our table. Food was excellent. Would have liked to have enjoyed the food in a much calmer and quiet area, especially since we had a reservation.Special Features:
- saying goodbye to this location...Lisa33431Dined on 3/27/2014Red in Boca is closing this weekend. We decided to give it try before it shuttered its doors. The food, while good, doesn't quite measure up to our favorite steakhouse: Ruth's Chris. Prices also seem a bit higher. No real complaints with Red other than their lack of parking. They are located in the Wyndham Hotel on the ground floor of their Event Complex and we had a hard time finding a parking place. That may be part of the problem with their lack of traffic. The night we were there, it was a full house, however, I wonder how many diners were there for "one more visit for old times sake."
- Kitchen needs improvementscrapmanDined on 3/22/2014Great server made this a better review then I would normally give. The food took a long time to get to us, but when it arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The steaks were terrific. the fish and chicken were delicious. The sides were good except for the lobster mac and cheese which came without lobster, but the mac was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionnano5472Dined on 3/15/2014Very very expensive, the service was wonderful and the food delicious. I was embarrassed when I got my bill and the special appetizer for the night was $29.00...yes $29.00. Tomatoes, prosciutto and cheese. For two without drinks ran $200Special Features:
- Pretty Nice, but...BradleyCDined on 3/13/2014This spot, relatively new, has the potential to succeed, especially as a hotel restaurant: The meat was quite tasty, seasoned perfectly with a "healthy" amount of salt and pepper along with their seasoning oil; the truffle whipped potatoes were out of the world; their bread accompaniment – a mixture of reggiano cheese and spices swirled with oil – was terribly addicting; and out server, whose name escapes me, was wonderful, a mixture of professionalism and authentic friendliness. However, they lack in the quality of meat, which appeared and tasted no better than a good piece from Whole Foods cooked in a professional boiler, and their lack of valet parking, which is just as standard in Boca Raton as bathrooms are everywhere else.Special Features:
- Too Bad This Place Is ClosingMiamiManVIPDined on 3/7/2014The chef, Torrey makes me a cajun rib eye when I go. It is literally the best steak I have ever eaten. I've ordered it 3 times and every time it's been incredible! Prime 112, Meat Market and Abe and Louies are all great but the cajun rib eye here beats em all!! I always bring clients and they always leave happy. Too bad this spot is closing down. I'll try and sneak in one more dinner before they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was mediocre for primeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014Steak was mediocre for prime meat and they use too much pepper.
- just fineDisappointedVIPDined on 3/4/2014The onion soup was exelent, the steak just fine and the sides were ok, the waitet made a mistake on t price of the wine, it wad good that I double check the bill
- We had a reservation for 815OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014We had a reservation for 815 , we didn't got seat till 9I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality SteakhouseKAS1VIPDined on 3/1/2014We go to Red quite frequently. They have the best steak in the area. Salad starters were very good. Wife's Filet was perfect as always. I felt like seafood so I ordered the Grouper special. The fish was not particularly good. Sides were terrific as was the service and the hostess staff. Next time I return I will go back and order the steak which is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wobbly Tables and What?CulinaryGuyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Red was a treat. Mostly. It has an terrific chef and outstanding food. Excellent food preparation, from appetizer to dessert, with a broad choice of beef, including prime. The specials were outstanding. Our server was friendly, non-intrusive and informative. There were a couple of issues, however. First, every couple sitting at the two-tops (and nearly all of them are lined up, too close together and nearly extends to the door), had issues with table wobble. Our server tried to eliminate it but could not. It is ridiculous to worry about table movement. Second, There appear to be no booths (forget an intimate dinner idea). Third, the ladies room had no toilet paper and the hostesses' response was, "Well, we're really busy tonight." What?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First And Last Experience 2/14/14ExperiencedDinerDined on 2/14/2014The absolutely incompetent waiter, who's name I do not know because he did not provide it, was just the beginning of a bad experience. The manager, who I regretfully cannot remember her name, was excellent. She spent more time on the floor covering our waiters tables than I've ever seen a manager do before. I understand it was a busy night, however, a four star restaurant should be able to manage any crowd. When the food did finally arrive at the table, both my fiancé's and my "Top Brand" steaks were over seasoned like you would expect from a lesser restaurant covering up a cheap cut of meat.
- Very PleasedBrianDined on 2/14/2014Went in on Valentine's Day and my table was ready at the reserved time. The service, drinks and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Red on ValentinesmartmanDined on 2/14/2014We went to Red on Valentines Day and they were way understaffed It took a long time for the waiter to come over and he never came back to check on our table to see if all we were in need of anything else. I had to get up and search for him to get us another drink. even if food is good poor service makes the dining experience a BUST.
- Does not dissapointOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The service and food was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Loved the food but the seating sucked. If you are playing over $100 a plate you don't want to be sitting right next to other patrons you don't know. If you were a 2 top, you have to set in crappy set row. Larger groups seating is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodToMaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Nice, polite, good service. Be prepared to spend a lot. Average drink $15.00 and steak $45.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerBernie48Dined on 2/12/2014Service was outstanding, the prime filet mignon was delicious, the sides were also outstanding. I was disappointed in our appetizers. We tried the clams casino- very dry- no taste and overly salty. We also tried the peppers stuffed with hot sausage- the peppers were swimming in the tomato sauce, the sausage were not spicy at all and there was very little sausage in the long frying peppers. I will certainly give it another chance.Special Features:
- slopjaysVIPDined on 2/11/2014We went for diner and were almost all alone in the restaurant at 8pm on a tuesday night. The wines by the glass list was a joke...food was very expensive and came out inedible. It was veritable slop on the lowest order...I would definitely not reccomend reccomend.
- Poor service.Julie4109VIPDined on 1/18/2014We went for dinner Saturday night. We waited 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order once we sat down. The food was decent but not great. The waiters were inexperienced and for the prices they charge you would expect 5 star service. I will never go back or recommend. Waste of $$$$Special Features:
- DisappointmentMADYMVIPDined on 1/17/2014With all the Steak houses in this area, we'd give RED a pass! It was expensive, and the food definitely didn't measure up to the price. Our Porterhouse steak was skimpy and lacked the fabulous taste that we are used to from that cut.... it was also not very juicy ...surprising...
- The food was very good. TheJackVIPDined on 1/15/2014The food was very good. The service was good but a little slow. We were in a room that was less so, but Ii had a lot of big groups and was VERY noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A RARE DISAPPOINTMENTRochesterReviewer4118Dined on 1/14/2014We were on vacation and staying at the adjoining Wyndham hotel and walked over to Reds on a Tuesday evening. My husband had been at the Miami Reds and raved about it. The Boca Raton location was a disappointment. They only offer happy hour specials if you sit at the bar. We were 2 feet away in the bar section but were not able to take advantage of the specials. What sense is that? Our steaks were a huge disappointment. We know now where they got the name Reds- for too rare of steaks. I sent my steak back once and my husband twice. We prayed that they weren't spitting on it or something worst. The staff could care less -rude & arrogant. We both left our half uneaten meals which is a sin when you consider the cost. Save your money!
- Only for steak loversOzzyDined on 1/11/2014We have been to every top rated steak house in the greater Miami area. While Red is in the top 2 of our list for best steak, it is near the bottom for service, and absolutely the worst for non steak eaters. Sides were good but uniformly greasy. The fish special the night we went was black grouper which I love. But they killed it, it was so over cooked it was like rubber. I sent it back and they tried again. The second time it was even more over cooked and dry like leather.
- Simply Outstanding!sullyDined on 1/8/2014Every appetizer was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their meals! Most importantly, the service was awesome! I would highly recommend RED to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were good.franklyVIPDined on 1/4/2014We went to Red because we had been to the South Beach location and it was outstanding. The food at this one was good. The service was attentive. The atmosphere is nice. We would go again. I was nervous because of the mixed reviews, but it was better than I had expected and there were more people there than the last time we were there. You can't please everyone, but we were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good alternative to the "steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/3/2014Good alternative to the "steak chains". Ambiance could have been better. Steaks were excellent as was the salad. Typical sides available. Service was adequate and servers knowledgable. I would recommend sitting in the dining room not the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go RedMitchDined on 1/3/2014Menu had enough selections to satisfy any diner..they also had a few nightly specials, which sounded great..The service and food was excellent..House salads were very tasty and large..Wine list was quite extensive and also quite pricey...Presentation of the steaks was lacking any garnish and vegetable accompaniment was a la carte. The bone- in filet mignon was outstanding, as was the 8 oz. filet...They do recommend ribeyes but filet are my standard Waiter was fine young man and very helpful..Deserts were also great..All in all, an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 2 steals were cooked theAngelaVIPDined on 12/28/2013The 2 steals were cooked the wrong way round I got the rare one he got a med. to well done. We could not exchange as they were different cuts and sauces involved. Could have returned but both were addible and tasty in a different way . Otherwise good but not remarkable
- Good but not UniqueBigMikeDined on 12/27/2013We had dinner at Red last Friday night and while the atmosphere was nice, the food good but not great, and the service very good, in a busy Boca steakhouse world it is not unique. The prices were expensive but not outrageous. Our server was attentive and we did not feel forgotten about or taken for granted. The steak was good, but you can get the same thing at five other restaurants in town. The salads were large and the wine by the glass selections acceptable. Overall it was a good experience, but not great. And you can find the same thing at other places in town. So overall I would say it was a good experience. But not memorable or unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJDeanDined on 12/25/2013Nice restaurant. Service was good. Food was good, but just good. Not worth the prices charged. $39.00 for a piece of salmon that would have cost $26 somewhere else.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2013One of the best meals that I've had in years. Fantastic steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will not returnNancieVIPDined on 12/21/2013Restaurant was completely understaffed. Extensive wine list. It took 10 minutes to get a bottle of wine. In the midst of taking our order, the waiter stopped and walked away for no apparent reason and came back about 10 minutes later. We received our appetizers immediately. Then waited an hour and a half to get our entrees. Again, we had to wait another 15 minutes to get another bottle of wine. The lobster was good, the tail was very tough. The claws were delicious and succulent. The people at the next table ordered a steak and baked potato to share. The steak and baked potato, arrived was set in the middle of the table but they had no plates. Now, while they are waiting for their plates the food is getting cold. Very noisy restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/14/2013we have eaten at Red several times and each time has been delicious. We always look forward to our next time. They have a great happy hour as well! save room for dessert-the donuts are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service fantastic.JudyLDined on 12/14/2013Food and service fantastic. Our table of 4 ordered individual appetizers (I had the mallpeck oysters which were excellent). The waiter advised us that the prime 48 oz. porterhouse would be enough to share with 3 side dishes. He was SOOO right! The steak was melt-in-your mouth delicious, the sweet potatoes to die for and the brussel sprouts and spinach great as well. We shared the bread pudding for dessert and it was definitely worth ovestuffing ourselves for. The service was very attentive but unobtrusive. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fifth time we ate at Red sinceRaymondVIPDined on 12/14/2013Fifth time we ate at Red since it opened. It has not improved in my opinion. Better at Chops or Capitol Grill.
- Another good steakhouse!!DCvisitorDined on 11/30/2013Had never heard of it or been before and had an excellent meal there on Saturday night, both the steak and all the side dishes - sweet potatoes with marshmallows, mashed, mushrooms, etc. A very good burrata cheese appetizer as well. Service was also excellent (Scott was terrific and others graciously helped out when asked).Try it out as not well known and tucked away off Glades and Military near the Wyndham hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnersolsolDined on 11/28/2013Outstanding meal, better than at home, and the plate of food was just as full as if I had filled it myself. Great service, everyone was very attentive. The music is a little too loud for a quiet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.