Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
3355 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (216) 831-2252
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter A. Vauthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Red offers full service modern American cuisine.
A word from Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
Sister restaurant to the well known Moxie, the Restaurant, Red, the Steakhouse offers upscale dining with the finest quality steaks & seafood available. Enjoy the Wine Spectator awarding wine list as well as the Captain's List of specially featured wines. Reservations strongly recommended. Please be advised that reservations booked through OpenTable may be for the lounge area or the main dining room, if you have a preference please note that in your reservation or call us at (216) 831-2252. We will do our best to accommodate your request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (71)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (27)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RED is a special place.mhd16Dined on 11/23/2014Excellant food, Attentive service. A wonderful special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- come for the steak, stay for the donut holesJackieg303VIPDined on 11/16/2014We always feel welcome as soon as we enter. The dining area feels intimate and the bar side is lively. The steaks and fish were excellent and service was friendly and efficient without being obsequious. Try and save room for the donut holes with the three dipping sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit was more than expected!NancyKnowsDined on 11/16/2014Having been to a number of Cleveland steakhouses, Red the Steakhouse was certainly up to the challenge of providing excellent food and outstanding service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- petloverpetloverDined on 11/10/2014Red is my favorite restaurant. It is expensive but very worth it. The steaks are excellent. I love the donut dessert with the three dipping sauces. Consistently great all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- riverbankDined on 11/9/2014Difficult to find as there is no visible signage and very dark parking lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating was an issuerws177Dined on 11/9/2014Everything was great however next time I would get a table. Being my wife's birthday we got a "booth" yet it was a long booth with multiple tables so didn't feel very private or intamite with other diners 6 inches away on either side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded our expectationsgreatsteak1Dined on 11/3/2014We had always heard that the food was great and chose to splurge and dine at Red for our anniversary. My husband said it was the best steak he ever had. My fish was delicious as were the salad, side dish and dessert. Our waiter was very good. In all, our dinner was a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night yawnerRogerDined on 11/2/2014recently went to RED on a SUnday night with my Supervisor and VP. Server was excellenbt and very attentive. Wine list was extensive and not too pricey. Steaks, salads and side we had were well cooked. Rissoto was excellent as were thd brussle sprouts. Chairs were uncomfortable, the table a bit too small and it was so dark we could baely see the menu. The place was almost impossible to see/find at night. A dimly back-lit sign hidden by bushes. We had to call to find out we were sitting right in front of it.Special Features:
- Food was goodMarcDined on 11/1/2014Food was good, service was lacking, my waiter never asked how I wanted my steak done luckily it was ok for me. We had several extra items ordered with our meal horse radish sauce and butter without chives for my potato neither came with the meal and had to wait for the waiter to finally show up an then to go get it. I thought with prices like these that the service would be on par with Morton's or Ruth's Chris. Will we go back? Probably notSpecial Features:
- Another great steak!SteakLoverDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary w/a NY strip and filet mignon, both cooked perfectly. Also, add in a side of tater tots and sweet potatoes and you have a great meal. Then, a dessert of donuts w/sauces puts the meal over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- george giallourakisGreekcoupleDined on 11/1/2014First time at reds. Food and service great. A little pricey for frequent visit's. Donuts are fabulous.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouthmleslie35Dined on 10/31/2014We went to Red to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Then we had the aged fillet and rib-eye steak. The flavor was incredible and the meat was melt in the mouth tender. For sides we we had the truffled mash potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts., they were delicious. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/29/2014As always, both the food and service were outstanding. The service was very attentive but we never had the feeling of being rushed. For once, the dining area was not packed so even the noise level was perfect. The tuna steak was perfectly presented and the server asked if we liked it spicy and added an extra touch. My filet was cooked rare, as I had ordered. Our table shared 2 sides, the mac and cheese and the brussel sprouts. Both were good, but the mac and cheese was creamy and smooth. But so rich that we had enough to take home. We finished the meal with a small doughnut hole order, almost a tradition at this point.Special Features:
- love to eateatwelleatoftenDined on 10/25/2014We were very disappointed. The steaks were plentiful but just OK, and the sides, which you pay for separately, were good but small portioned. The wines were very expensive. Steak houses cost, but we felt this one cost too much for the value and will not be going back. We also found it very hard to find. We knew where it was located, but the sign is small and hidden behind trees and a post and we past it several times before finding the door.Special Features:
- Memorable Milestone MealbuckeyegalVIPDined on 10/25/2014Celebrated a 50th Birthday at Red, The Steakhouse in Beachwood. Made the reservation on Open Table with indications it was a special evening. The steak selection and toppings are amazing, in my opinion the steaks come out a degree less, however, the taste was Fabulous. Although not listed, they will prepare the steak of choice "Pittsburgh Style" which just adds another delicious layer to the meal. The dinner salads are very ample and the sides are very large, you can easily split one for two diners. The pre meal fresh bread served with EVOO and fresh herbs and cheese could be a meal in itself. The restaurant treated us to a fresh plate of their locally famous donuts with dipping sauce to cap off the evening. Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseGoodSaladPleaseDined on 10/23/2014We reserved a table through Open Table - really like that app. The service was impeccable, as were the white tablecloths. Soft lighting which required a flashlight to read the menu. We enjoyed the veal marsala, which was split between 2 of us as it was a very large serving, and the salmon with pesto which was a little oily and very strong flavor. The sides were large portions which we couldn't finish. Crab cakes and sausage-filled hot peppers were delicious appetizers and we could have made that our meal. They serve one of our favorite Chardonnays, Far Niente. Mid-week, the restaurant was full. Over all, a pricey steakhouse with typical substantial food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Celebration Dinner for TwolikeDfoodDined on 10/22/2014Service was outstanding. Attentive without hovering, our water glasses never went below the halfway point. The steak (we had the filet) was spectacular. The brussel sprouts (veg special) were a bit too salty for my taste. Scalloped potatoes were ok. Dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLaShawnDined on 10/21/2014This was my third time dining at Red in Beachwood. Each experience was outstanding! The food was excellent and the wait staff was very attentive and accommodating! We will definitely be back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gem!RellieDined on 10/20/2014Red is by far one of the best steakhouses in Cleveland. The food is always exquisite, service is great as well. Even though there is no signage, the restaurant is always packed. If you have any reservations about visiting Red, put them aside, and book a table, you definitely will not regret it--Enjoy!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyExcellentVIPDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is too loud, and the food and service nothing really special. Servings are small and pricey. It is not that the food is bad, but is also, not great. We ordered the crab special, and they bring some very small lukewarm portion of crab in the middle of a plate, with a small piece of parsley on top, truthfully un inviting! And their steaks are o.k but we have had better. We were there for our anniversary, told the restaurante staff, and they didn't even mention it. Sorry to say it was not at all what we expected, and with so many great places around in the areas I wouldn't waste my time and money here,Special Features:
- AnniversaryBeauJackDined on 10/15/2014Fell in Love with the steak and fresh made tater tots. I will say me and the wife will come here again. Staff to management made us fell like family. Dessert was amazing. Fresh powdered donuts with chocolate, carmel, and raspberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to steaksFinickymomDined on 10/12/2014All enjoyed meal. One had veal marsala, which was a bit chewy but flavor was good. The rest loved steaks and tuna. Portions large. Share sides. Birthday dessert was great--hot donuts and sauces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service made it SpecialRGL61VIPDined on 10/11/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with the family and they made the occasion special. Would have given them a 5 star but did have to send a meal back. The did make a great comeback and it did not impact the evening.Special Features:
- Red1977Dined on 10/11/2014If you are looking the the best place in Cleveland to have Steak go to Red. The food is allways 100% as is the staff! Red is the best restaurant in Cleveland!!!Special Features:
- One of the BestGreyVIPDined on 10/10/2014I do a lot of entertaining with clients and RED did not disappoint. Service, wine list and the steaks were fabulous. my clients were happy and I was impressed. Thank you RED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFood4lifeDined on 10/10/2014The food was absolutely delicious. The Filet just melted in your mouth. The noise level got a little loud as the evening went on. Service was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funistradaDined on 10/7/2014One of my favorite restaurants and always eat there when in Beachwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Rock!MeHungry123VIPDined on 10/7/2014Tip of the hat to Red the restaurant. Our meal was incredible from the sides to the main course. A real treat!Special Features:
- LOv2cookDined on 10/3/2014We found the food very salty and frankly not worth the price. Nice place to try but would not go back. There are other stake houses.Special Features:
- RomanticJBtha7467Dined on 9/28/2014Great place for two people that are dating or having an anniversary. Great food and dining experience.Special Features:
- Hard to findXmas013Dined on 9/27/2014The steaks were very good but, I have had better. The peppercorn crusted rib eye was perfectly prepared and served at the right temperature. The side dishes were truly delicious especially the creamed spinach. Very good wine list offering a plethora of choices. Overall, it was a pleasant dining event but the restaurant was very hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014This is a show stopping restaurant in terms of the food, the presentation, the service and the atmosphere. Like any great establishment you will pay for these things. When I have clients in from out of town I always bring them here for dinner and they love it. While getting a reservation for 7:30 is difficult unless you book over a week out, you should have no problem on either side of peak hours.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurantrjs216Dined on 9/21/2014The food and wine list were outstanding. Excellent service; our waiter was extremely helpful and friendly. Great ambiance. The porterhouse steak was excellent and cooked to perfection as well as the rest of the food. The ambiance was wonderful - very relaxing. We were very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjsfdxfdkfdnjkDined on 9/16/2014Just kidding. My guest thoroughly enjoyed himself, which was the reason for the trip. I had the porterhouse. Next time I'm going for the strip. I'm not used to this level of dining. It was a real treat. The prime beef was very very good.Special Features:
- Consistently superbKMaxDined on 9/12/2014One of the best Steak Houses in the US1 Consitently Red delivers great good, wonderful service, and a dinner to remember. Highly reccommended! The steaks are fabulous, and this time my wife had the lobster - what a unique presentation. the lobster was completely removed from the shell and arranged on the plate to look like the lobster - just without the shell! Now I am torn when I go - three dishes that I want - steak, crab, and lobeter!Special Features:
- Great Steak, but . . .GiuseppiDined on 9/11/2014The aged prime steaks were indeed amazing. The rub on the sirloin and filet were a bit too peppery. I would have rated Reds higher, but our seating was near the front desk and in a "traffic hallway". When we asked for other seating, we were informed other tables were for large parties only to see couples seated there after us. Yes, we did have reservations. In my opinion, Reds needs to re-think traffic patterns and comfort for diners. For a meal of that price ambiance needs to be more elegant and private.Special Features:
- Delicious SteaksDeliciousVIPDined on 9/10/2014Best Steaks in town....absolutely delicious and the side dishes are scrumptious....specifically the creamed corn and creamed spinach....And you must save room for their home made donuts.. served with raspberry, carmel and chocolate sauce...To Die For! Outstanding service by Michelle and Michael!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFun2niteVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was fantastic as was the service. Celebrating an anniversary, our server made the occasion even more special. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOutstandingDined on 9/8/2014Everything from th3 service to the food was outstanding . We were lucky enough to be there on a night where the crab was flown in fresh. Our meal was the best we've ever had. Great service and a compt desert for our Anniversary,! Would and will highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- first time mishapkimieDined on 9/7/2014First time we've ever had a mishap here - new kitchen staff - things did not seem to be cooked appropriately for many guests. The staff bent over backwards to make amends and remedy the situations. Otherwise, its the same old Red that we know and loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.