Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
3355 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2168312252
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter A. Vauthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Red offers full service modern American cuisine.
A word from Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
Sister restaurant to the well known Moxie, the Restaurant, Red, the Steakhouse offers upscale dining with the finest quality steaks & seafood available. Enjoy the Wine Spectator awarding wine list as well as the Captain's List of specially featured wines. Reservations strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)notable wine list (67)romantic (60)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (23)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014We reserved a table through Open Table - really like that app. The service was impeccable, as were the white tablecloths. Soft lighting which required a flashlight to read the menu. We enjoyed the veal marsala, which was split between 2 of us as it was a very large serving, and the salmon with pesto which was a little oily and very strong flavor. The sides were large portions which we couldn't finish. Crab cakes and sausage-filled hot peppers were delicious appetizers and we could have made that our meal. They serve one of our favorite Chardonnays, Far Niente. Mid-week, the restaurant was full. Over all, a pricey steakhouse with typical substantial food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014This was my third time dining at Red in Beachwood. Each experience was outstanding! The food was excellent and the wait staff was very attentive and accommodating! We will definitely be back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gem!RellieDined on 10/20/2014Red is by far one of the best steakhouses in Cleveland. The food is always exquisite, service is great as well. Even though there is no signage, the restaurant is always packed. If you have any reservations about visiting Red, put them aside, and book a table, you definitely will not regret it--Enjoy!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyExcellentVIPDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is too loud, and the food and service nothing really special. Servings are small and pricey. It is not that the food is bad, but is also, not great. We ordered the crab special, and they bring some very small lukewarm portion of crab in the middle of a plate, with a small piece of parsley on top, truthfully un inviting! And their steaks are o.k but we have had better. We were there for our anniversary, told the restaurante staff, and they didn't even mention it. Sorry to say it was not at all what we expected, and with so many great places around in the areas I wouldn't waste my time and money here,Special Features:
- AnniversaryBeauJackDined on 10/15/2014Fell in Love with the steak and fresh made tater tots. I will say me and the wife will come here again. Staff to management made us fell like family. Dessert was amazing. Fresh powdered donuts with chocolate, carmel, and raspberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to steaksFinickymomDined on 10/12/2014All enjoyed meal. One had veal marsala, which was a bit chewy but flavor was good. The rest loved steaks and tuna. Portions large. Share sides. Birthday dessert was great--hot donuts and sauces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service made it SpecialRGL61VIPDined on 10/11/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with the family and they made the occasion special. Would have given them a 5 star but did have to send a meal back. The did make a great comeback and it did not impact the evening.Special Features:
- Red1977Dined on 10/11/2014If you are looking the the best place in Cleveland to have Steak go to Red. The food is allways 100% as is the staff! Red is the best restaurant in Cleveland!!!Special Features:
- One of the BestGreyVIPDined on 10/10/2014I do a lot of entertaining with clients and RED did not disappoint. Service, wine list and the steaks were fabulous. my clients were happy and I was impressed. Thank you RED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFood4lifeDined on 10/10/2014The food was absolutely delicious. The Filet just melted in your mouth. The noise level got a little loud as the evening went on. Service was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funistradaDined on 10/7/2014One of my favorite restaurants and always eat there when in Beachwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Rock!MeHungry123VIPDined on 10/7/2014Tip of the hat to Red the restaurant. Our meal was incredible from the sides to the main course. A real treat!Special Features:
- LOv2cookDined on 10/3/2014We found the food very salty and frankly not worth the price. Nice place to try but would not go back. There are other stake houses.Special Features:
- RomanticJBtha7467Dined on 9/28/2014Great place for two people that are dating or having an anniversary. Great food and dining experience.Special Features:
- Hard to findXmas013Dined on 9/27/2014The steaks were very good but, I have had better. The peppercorn crusted rib eye was perfectly prepared and served at the right temperature. The side dishes were truly delicious especially the creamed spinach. Very good wine list offering a plethora of choices. Overall, it was a pleasant dining event but the restaurant was very hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014This is a show stopping restaurant in terms of the food, the presentation, the service and the atmosphere. Like any great establishment you will pay for these things. When I have clients in from out of town I always bring them here for dinner and they love it. While getting a reservation for 7:30 is difficult unless you book over a week out, you should have no problem on either side of peak hours.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurantrjs216Dined on 9/21/2014The food and wine list were outstanding. Excellent service; our waiter was extremely helpful and friendly. Great ambiance. The porterhouse steak was excellent and cooked to perfection as well as the rest of the food. The ambiance was wonderful - very relaxing. We were very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjsfdxfdkfdnjkDined on 9/16/2014Just kidding. My guest thoroughly enjoyed himself, which was the reason for the trip. I had the porterhouse. Next time I'm going for the strip. I'm not used to this level of dining. It was a real treat. The prime beef was very very good.Special Features:
- Consistently superbKMaxDined on 9/12/2014One of the best Steak Houses in the US1 Consitently Red delivers great good, wonderful service, and a dinner to remember. Highly reccommended! The steaks are fabulous, and this time my wife had the lobster - what a unique presentation. the lobster was completely removed from the shell and arranged on the plate to look like the lobster - just without the shell! Now I am torn when I go - three dishes that I want - steak, crab, and lobeter!Special Features:
- Great Steak, but . . .GiuseppiDined on 9/11/2014The aged prime steaks were indeed amazing. The rub on the sirloin and filet were a bit too peppery. I would have rated Reds higher, but our seating was near the front desk and in a "traffic hallway". When we asked for other seating, we were informed other tables were for large parties only to see couples seated there after us. Yes, we did have reservations. In my opinion, Reds needs to re-think traffic patterns and comfort for diners. For a meal of that price ambiance needs to be more elegant and private.Special Features:
- Delicious SteaksDeliciousVIPDined on 9/10/2014Best Steaks in town....absolutely delicious and the side dishes are scrumptious....specifically the creamed corn and creamed spinach....And you must save room for their home made donuts.. served with raspberry, carmel and chocolate sauce...To Die For! Outstanding service by Michelle and Michael!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFun2niteVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was fantastic as was the service. Celebrating an anniversary, our server made the occasion even more special. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOutstandingDined on 9/8/2014Everything from th3 service to the food was outstanding . We were lucky enough to be there on a night where the crab was flown in fresh. Our meal was the best we've ever had. Great service and a compt desert for our Anniversary,! Would and will highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- first time mishapkimieDined on 9/7/2014First time we've ever had a mishap here - new kitchen staff - things did not seem to be cooked appropriately for many guests. The staff bent over backwards to make amends and remedy the situations. Otherwise, its the same old Red that we know and loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't...hatetocookVIPDined on 9/7/2014...find 1 thing that disappoints on this menu! The steaks are heavenly and the veal marasala is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly greattonyDined on 9/6/2014We went on a double date. My gf had the NY strip which was excellent. Best steak I ever tasted. My buddies gf had the filet also very delicious. Me and my buddy had ribeyes. They were terrible. Very fatty. Little taste. Probably the worst ribeyes I ever had. If you didn't know it'd be very hard to believe those ribeyes came from the same restaurant. Everything else was magnificent. The Mac and cheese, the truffled potatoes, shrimp cocktail and stuffed peppers. Would have been a perfect night if we both got stripsyourSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This was my boyfriend and I first time there and it was wonderful. The ambiance was set and it was better than we expected. The service was excellent and the food was marvelous. It was the start of our beautiful evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014We usually choose Red for our special occasions and we are never disappointed! The food was excellent and our server was the best we have ever had.Special Features:
- DebandEdVIPDined on 8/23/2014great food great service always a great dinner would recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodblissDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful place for special occassions. Wait staff is attentive but not bothersome. The prime filet was cooked to perfection as were the trifle mashed potatoes. Would like to be able to eat here way more often!Special Features:
- Phenomenal steak!DoxeymanDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious. My wife and I both ordered the filet and we have never had such a tender steak before. The service was great and within my OpenTable reservation I noted it was my wife's birthday and they surprised us by bringing a dessert out with a candle congratulating her (on the house as well). This made for a great memory as the dinner was a surprise to her and we both had never eaten at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janet's VisitGayleDined on 8/18/2014I took my friend, who was in from out of town, to Red as a sort of relaxing, de-stressing wonderful dining experience and we were not disappointed! My friend said it was the most delicious food she had ever had, as evidenced by the fact that she ate everything on the plates except the design! Whenever my late husband asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday or our anniversary, my answer was always Red. It continues to be one of my all-time favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- AutumnDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding service: Attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommend the steaks, the side of the creamed corn with cornbread, and "donut holes" for dessert. Some of the tables are rather close together along a bench-seating wall. Poor signage to locate: go to the parking lot to the right of Moxie, and the entrance is rather hidden at the end of Moxie patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upon greatLaughDined on 8/15/2014I had stopped ordering steak in restaurants because I had never found a place that can do better than what I can do at home. Notice how I said, “had.” Truly one of the best steaks of my life. The rest of the meal was equally amazing. To top it all off, we had a remarkable waitress who took great care of us. She made a special occasion a remarkable occasion. Our compliments to the entire team at Red.Special Features:
- Not good enough for the price.LolyDined on 8/14/2014The food was not outstanding, which I would have expected by the prices. I invited friends for a special celebration, and was not pleased with what I got. Except for the service, which was very thoughtful.
- A Truly Excellent MealAlanDined on 7/31/2014I hadn't been to RED for about 8 years (I live out of state), but its reputation remains superb. My date and I each had a small filet (medium rare) with creamed corn (what a delicious surprise!) and the filet's couldn't have been prepared any better - superb! I was "disappointed" that the roasted brussel sprouts were not yet available - but we'll order that next time. Our waiter was most helpful choosing a wine - being from California I prefer heartier Point Noir's but the waiter recommended a Chehalem from Oregon that was much lower in tannin's. It was an excellent meal - and most importantly... she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SurpriseTimothyDined on 7/27/2014Red is a great restaurant. Last Sunday I had dinner with a visitor from Northern California. We had a great dinner; our steaks were as good as I've ever tasted with a great wine list and excellent side dishes. The escalopes potatoes were the best tasting I've ever eaten. I will be back. My guest, who is a real foodie snob was very complimentary (and I suspect surprised).Special Features:
- complacent & overpriced for lessBigEaterVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have gone to RED a number of times during the year (min 10 times). During the last three times I have been there, It seems I am seeing a transformation in their quality of food (lower quality) and their portion sizes (reduction) while raising prices. Alhtough the service has remained very good through this, if Red price increases and lower quality continues we will go somewhere else. The strip steaks we ordered did not seem any better than Costco steaks and for the price I pay at Red I could 4 of them. The steak and the tuna tartare were excellent. The sides were good but very frugal with the amount. The salads that we ordered were good, but for $12 and $9 they were side salads in my opinion and way too expensive for that size.Special Features:
- OutstandingBigDaddyDined on 7/21/2014You won't be disappointed when dining with Red - wait staff is first class and the food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great60thDined on 7/20/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere was very nice. The hostess was very helpful and friendly. The waiter was pretty good though I couldn't understand him I had to have him repeat what he said several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.