Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
3355 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.redthesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2168312252
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Peter A. Vauthy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Red offers full service modern American cuisine.
A word from Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood
Sister restaurant to the well known Moxie, the Restaurant, Red, the Steakhouse offers upscale dining with the finest quality steaks & seafood available. Enjoy the Wine Spectator awarding wine list as well as the Captain's List of specially featured wines. Reservations strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (53)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (13)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This was my boyfriend and I first time there and it was wonderful. The ambiance was set and it was better than we expected. The service was excellent and the food was marvelous. It was the start of our beautiful evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebandEdDined on 8/23/2014great food great service always a great dinner would recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodblissDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful place for special occassions. Wait staff is attentive but not bothersome. The prime filet was cooked to perfection as were the trifle mashed potatoes. Would like to be able to eat here way more often!Special Features:
- Phenomenal steak!DoxeymanDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious. My wife and I both ordered the filet and we have never had such a tender steak before. The service was great and within my OpenTable reservation I noted it was my wife's birthday and they surprised us by bringing a dessert out with a candle congratulating her (on the house as well). This made for a great memory as the dinner was a surprise to her and we both had never eaten at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janet's VisitGayleDined on 8/18/2014I took my friend, who was in from out of town, to Red as a sort of relaxing, de-stressing wonderful dining experience and we were not disappointed! My friend said it was the most delicious food she had ever had, as evidenced by the fact that she ate everything on the plates except the design! Whenever my late husband asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday or our anniversary, my answer was always Red. It continues to be one of my all-time favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- AutumnDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding service: Attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommend the steaks, the side of the creamed corn with cornbread, and "donut holes" for dessert. Some of the tables are rather close together along a bench-seating wall. Poor signage to locate: go to the parking lot to the right of Moxie, and the entrance is rather hidden at the end of Moxie patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upon greatLaughDined on 8/15/2014I had stopped ordering steak in restaurants because I had never found a place that can do better than what I can do at home. Notice how I said, “had.” Truly one of the best steaks of my life. The rest of the meal was equally amazing. To top it all off, we had a remarkable waitress who took great care of us. She made a special occasion a remarkable occasion. Our compliments to the entire team at Red.Special Features:
- Not good enough for the price.LolyDined on 8/14/2014The food was not outstanding, which I would have expected by the prices. I invited friends for a special celebration, and was not pleased with what I got. Except for the service, which was very thoughtful.
- A Truly Excellent MealAlanDined on 7/31/2014I hadn't been to RED for about 8 years (I live out of state), but its reputation remains superb. My date and I each had a small filet (medium rare) with creamed corn (what a delicious surprise!) and the filet's couldn't have been prepared any better - superb! I was "disappointed" that the roasted brussel sprouts were not yet available - but we'll order that next time. Our waiter was most helpful choosing a wine - being from California I prefer heartier Point Noir's but the waiter recommended a Chehalem from Oregon that was much lower in tannin's. It was an excellent meal - and most importantly... she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SurpriseTimothyDined on 7/27/2014Red is a great restaurant. Last Sunday I had dinner with a visitor from Northern California. We had a great dinner; our steaks were as good as I've ever tasted with a great wine list and excellent side dishes. The escalopes potatoes were the best tasting I've ever eaten. I will be back. My guest, who is a real foodie snob was very complimentary (and I suspect surprised).Special Features:
- complacent & overpriced for lessBigEaterVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have gone to RED a number of times during the year (min 10 times). During the last three times I have been there, It seems I am seeing a transformation in their quality of food (lower quality) and their portion sizes (reduction) while raising prices. Alhtough the service has remained very good through this, if Red price increases and lower quality continues we will go somewhere else. The strip steaks we ordered did not seem any better than Costco steaks and for the price I pay at Red I could 4 of them. The steak and the tuna tartare were excellent. The sides were good but very frugal with the amount. The salads that we ordered were good, but for $12 and $9 they were side salads in my opinion and way too expensive for that size.Special Features:
- OutstandingBigDaddyDined on 7/21/2014You won't be disappointed when dining with Red - wait staff is first class and the food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great60thDined on 7/20/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere was very nice. The hostess was very helpful and friendly. The waiter was pretty good though I couldn't understand him I had to have him repeat what he said several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husbands b-day!DebbiDined on 7/18/2014The service was amazing, the food spectacular and overall time at the restaurant was wonderful. Great place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Should be called Salt and not RedJeremyDined on 7/18/2014Salt is not an ingredient! It is a seasoning. The filet having a salty taste is forgivable. Crab legs and lobster should never taste overly salty. I wish I knew to ask for less salt in preparation. Now I know! The atmosphere and service was fantastic!! But the salt factor was disheartening. All four of us commented on it. Ages 28, 40, 65, 85. Noticeable to all.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary dinnerhoneymoonerDined on 7/15/2014For our first wedding anniversary we wanted to try somewhere new. After reading reviews on Urban Spoon and Yelp we decided on Red. it was a little difficult to find but well worth the search. The food was great. The service was even better. It wasn't cheap but for our anniversary we didn't mind.Special Features:
- Anniversary7Anniversary7Dined on 7/7/2014We ate here to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary. It was very nice and accommodating! The air was blowing right by our table and they turned it down upon request to make us more comfortable. My only suggestion is that they make sure all their servers know the specials of the day. Also be able to explain the menu a little better. It was our first time and didn't really realize that everything was al a carte and was served family style. But Overall loved the place and the food!!!! Would definately go back again!!Special Features:
- Red Special Occasionluv2dineBBTVIPDined on 7/6/2014The service was excellent. We were in a corner and noise level was fine. When softened butter came it was melted. Not good. The plating of our steaks was very plain. One steak in middle of large white plate looked lonely and not as appetizing as the steak tasted.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodiesDined on 7/6/2014Everything cooked to perfection. Great menu. Wonderful wine list. Great service... Very knowledgeable which us rare these days. And just a beautiful intimate restaurant. Always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014we had a fantastic server the food was outstanding and the atmosphere was great the staff made you feel comfortable and was not a rush to have you eat and leave just right amount time between dinner selection a place i would go back to againSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014One of my favorite places to eat in Cleveland and definitely my favorite spot for special occasion meals. The service is always outstanding -- courteous, thoughtful, attentive but not overly intrusive. The food never fails to impress - expertly prepared, pleasing but not ostentatious presentation, and, of course, delicious. I have been dining here for years and expect to continue to do so and now that there is a second location in town, probably more frequently. There are a number of excellent steak houses in town and this one is at the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!Bonzai216VIPDined on 7/1/2014Whether it's for business, a special occasion or a nice evening out, Red never disappoints. And such was the case for us when we celebrated my husband's 60th birthday. Rich, our server, was terrific and provided just the right amount of attention throughout the amazing meal...down to the incredible doughnuts he brought us as a complimentary dessert. Red is a true gem in Beachwood and well as downtown Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalCharlieDined on 6/28/2014This is by far the best steak house in Cleveland as well as one of the city's best restaurants. The food is amazing and their service is unparalleled. If you are celebrating a special occasion or just want an amazing fine dining experience I'd highly recommend Red.Special Features:
- Food was a DisappointmentForeverFansofFireDined on 6/28/2014Service was excellent but, for the price, we expected higher quality meals in both preparation and flavor. The ambiance at least was very nice. The French Onion soup was vinegary. It tasted like they may have used Marsala wine in it. It was not my favorite. The shrimp cocktail was good. Entrees were Fresh Live Lobster, Veal Chop Milanese, and 8oz USDA prime aged filet w/Oscar topping. Sides were Mushroom medley, Creamed Corn and Risotto. The Lobster was overcooked/"rubbery" and the Veal chop was, sadly, tough chewy. The steak Oscar was great. Corn and Mushrooms were great, Risotto could have been more flavorful, wine selection was first rate. I will again say we enjoyed the ambiance but, as a "foodie" I won't be rushing back soon...Special Features:
- Very Disappointed2DisappointedDined on 6/15/2014It was 30 minute wait before we received our food. My med well steak was rare. The waitress showed no concern my complaint.
- Eddie the doggEddiethedoggDined on 6/7/2014This is a great restaurant, but don't go on a Saturday night, they are too busy and you do not get attentive service. Our salads were forgotten, and their was a long time lapse between appetizers and the salads that were forgotten until he said the entrees were almost ready and I said we didn't get the salads and then he blamed the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our CelebrationBitebyBiteDined on 6/7/2014The atmosphere was warm and romantic but could also be great for friends and family to meet. We were nervous we would be underdressed but as long as we wore nice jeans and a nice top (a button down for my boyfriend), we fit in well. The menu had a variety of options, each one of them tempting! The sides on the menu are served family style so although they may seem pricey, they can serve 2-4 people. The steak was exceptional and both the wine and beer list were impressive! Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, especially the steak and wine and offered wonderful suggestions. She even surprised us with complimentary fresh donut holes to top off our celebration! I would absolutely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/2/2014Red is the best steakhouse in town. The food is always great. The service is always great. It is a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- 15th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014We had a celebratory dinner here & was not at all dissatisfied! Our waiter was superb as well as the food. I have high expectations when it comes to places that charge $25-$75 just for a steak but this place, I highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion mealLSS1Dined on 5/30/2014great service and great food. We had a filet and ribeye both Prime cut---mouth watering and you didn't even need a knife to cut....very tender. Truffled potatos delicious along with sweet corn great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Food was absolutely delicious, and a steak lovers dream. Was diappointed because wife is lactose intolerant and even though restaurant was informed of this when reaervation was made and when order was placed...her dish still ended up with melted cheese on it. AFTER the error was made, the staff was very apologetic and did make it up to us. Overall satisfactory dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romantic dinnerJschreibVIPDined on 5/25/2014Finding the restaurant was a challenge, so our first visit got off to a bumpy start. Neither our GPS or MapQuest got us there. We arrived 15 minutes before closing, but the hostess was lovely and made us feel welcome. Although the menu was standard for a steak house, everything was prepared exceptionally well. The wine on special, a 2008 Meritage from Sonoma County, was absolutely lovely and more affordable at $70 than the wines in the menu. Pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- 5/24 DinnerDebandEdDined on 5/24/2014Whenever I think Red can't get better it does. Our meal was fantastic (the cream corn was out of this world). The service was right on. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and my birthday and our server made it very special for us. TSpecial Features:
- mindyDined on 5/19/2014You will never have a bad meal at Red, everything is always superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingfoodblissDined on 5/17/2014Four people enjoying the same restaurant! They are definitely doing it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/14/2014Redfish special was tender, not fishy or old. Chopped salad was flavorful and the anchovies added just enough saltiness to make it distinctive and not ordinary. My husband usually orders the tuna which has become a go-to for him every time we come to this restaurant. We were a party of four and the 4 doughnut hole option for dessert was a perfect ending which provided sweetness without the uncomfortable full feeling.Special Features:
- Longest I ever waited for serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The service was slow. He took entirely too long to initially come to the table then took too long to get the order. The bread was very displeasing, hard and flavorless. I must say my steak and potatoe were the best I've had all year which saved my experience but I will not be returning.Special Features:
- 5/10/14hmc1234Dined on 5/10/2014We dined at Red on 5/10/14, we enjoyed the experience very much. The food was incredible and service was excellent. My only complaint was the restaurant was hard to find.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT SERVICEKathySDined on 5/6/2014The food was fantastic and the service even better! Not steak eaters, we came here anyway based on the selection of other items to choose from, and we were not disappointed. Calamari, salads, and two pasta dishes later, we were very satisfied. The bread was also outstanding! Although a family had two very noisy toddlers, which really negatively impacted our special occasion, we certainly do not blame the restaurant - actually the wait staff were doing more to try to quiet and entertain the toddlers than the parents were! All things IN CONTROL OF the staff were fantastic.Special Features:
- The following 890 reviews are from the Red, the Steakhouse - Beachwood reviews archive.
- Anniversary dinnerDinerDined on 4/27/2014My husband and I took my parents to Red to celebrate their 40th anniversary. We had a wonderful evening. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgable without being over-the-top. The food was fantastic. Each steak was cooked to perfection. The selection of sides is great, and they come ready to share. Same with the salads. The cheese plate appetizer was amazing. It's a bit on the pricey side, but worth every penny. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.