Red Stag Supperclub
509 1st Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Stag Supperclub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redstagsupperclub.com/
- Phone: 6127677766x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night menu available until 12:30am every day
Our bar menu is available all day until 12:30am
Our bar stays open until 1am Sunday-Wednesday, 2am Thursday-Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Gerster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the Red Stag for information about off-site food and liquor catering options.
- Entertainment: We feature a wide range of live music 4 nights per week. See our entertainment calendar HERE.
- Special Events: For large group reservations, please contact us via phone or email! CLICK HERE
for more information on large parties.
- Cross Street: 6th Street NE
- Public Transit: There are many public transit stops located within a block of the Red Stag.
Some of the bus routes include:
A "Nice Ride" rent-a-bike station conveniently located at Hennepin Ave E & 5th Street NE!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking is available on busy nights when parking is limited. Street parking is free after 6pm on weekdays and all day Sat & Sun. Weekday metered parking is $0.25/hr.
After 6pm every night and all day Sat & Sun, free parking is also available in the HDMG parking lot (see parking map) as well as the Bank's Building parking lot.
CLICK HERE to see our parking map.
A word from Red Stag Supperclub
Welcome! The Red Stag Supperclub blends old school Wisconsin supper club charm with a contemporary passion for delicious, sustainable, farm-to-table food (CLICK HERE to see our menus). Located in the "Nordeast" Arts District just across the river from downtown, the Red Stag Supperclub opened its doors in November 2007 as the first LEED-CI Certified restaurant project in Minnesota. Red Stag serves brunch, lunch and dinner and has late night live music several nights a week. We accept reservations for half of our dining room and leave the other half open for walk-ins.Continued
The Red Stag features weekly specials including Cheap Date Night, Slow Food Sunday, and early and late night Happy Hours. CLICK HERE to see all of our specials.
The Red Stag features weekly specials including Cheap Date Night, Slow Food Sunday, and early and late night Happy Hours. CLICK HERE to see all of our specials.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Red Stag Supperclub - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Red Stag Supperclub reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (43)great for brunch (29)special occasion (29)great for lunch (15)romantic (15)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Always a good spotMadislanderDined on 10/18/2014We often meet friends at Red Stag because it is roughly halfway between our homes. We choose it rather than other nearby restaurants because the food and atmosphere are ALWAYS good. Clientele often includes families with children who have been universally well behaved. If the restaurant is not too crowded, we are able to linger - a good place to catch up with old friends. There is a lot of new construction in this area, making parking more difficult than it was in the past. If you are willing to walk a block or so, however, this is not a problem on the weekends.Special Features:
- Date-nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014They have an awesome date night deal! It is $32 per COUPLE on Tuesdays! Definitely something to try out. It included entrees, desserts, and a bottle of wine. Megan was our waitress and she was awesome. Ask her about the traveling she does.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Have eaten here many times and always enjoy the food, but can be hard to converse due to noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch!GTLizardDined on 10/11/2014My family and I enjoyed an excellent brunch at the Red Stag on Saturday afternoon. The dishes were all cooked to perfection. The fare is basic--not a lot of bells and whistles--but absolutely delicious. The service was outstanding, and it has a young, hip vibe without trying too hard to be trendy. My husband and I loved it...and so did my seventy year old parents! We will be back.Special Features:
- Not going backsynstekDined on 10/11/2014Brunch at The Red Stag has been a family tradition for years but lately the service has been so bad lately that we've decided not to return. This visit was particularly bad...slow service and un-engaging/rude staff made our experience quite awful. Granted, we did have a large party but isn't that typically a good thing because it brings more revenue for the restaurant?
- Nice AtmosphereelvisDined on 10/10/2014I really like the bar area and atmosphere at Red Stag. The food was good but not worthy of the high prices. I'd recommend going there for a drink at the bar and then moving on to another establishment for dinner.Special Features:
- Tuesday date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014Awesome cheap date night on Tuesdays. Try to get there earlier than later though. As we were leaving I overheard from a waitress that they had run out of one of the specials.
- Always a Good TimeTravel4FoodVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great place for casual dining with outstanding food and service. Food may sound normal but the taste complexities are worth the try. If your looking for a very casual great place for 2 people or a whole crew of people, check out the Red Stag.Special Features:
- Outstanding as always.jazzrDined on 10/2/2014One of our favorite places to take family and friends for those special occasions.Special Features:
- Old Standby Going Down HillVerdantLauraDined on 9/30/2014I used to love going to Red Stag for their Cheap Date Night as well as for the regular menu. However, the last few times we went for the date night special have been increasingly disappointing, in terms of both the quality of ingredients used in the dishes and the flavor profiles. For our last visit, the beef stew special was bland and uninspired. This visit, we did not even stay to eat. We came for the sweet potato gnocchi, advertised on their Facebook page only hours earlier. After arriving, we were informed that the house-made gnocchi had been replaced by pasta. I can boil pasta at home so we decided to dine elsewhere. It is a shame to see this place go down hill, I hope they turn it around soon so we can give it another chance.
- Fun SpotNorthfieldNoogieDined on 9/30/2014The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. I liked the beer and liquor selections available. The food was very good. Everyone in our party had a great time. The only draw backs were the menu choices are limited, and the choices are pretty expensive.
- First time no so impressedFoodieDined on 9/27/2014The duck special was good, but it was a bit tough (not as tender as I would have expected) and the presentation wasn't all that flavorful. The real disappointment was the "bouillabaisse" which my husband ordered. Well, this wasn't even close to a bouillabasse. The crisped risotto came in a rectangle and very hard to the texture on the outside. Then that was surrounded by chewy pieces of squid and only 2 large mussels. The sauce or reduction surrounding the risotto was so minimal you could not call this a broth or anything resembling bouillabaisse. The garlic chicken came in two little pieces on a separate plate. They were pretty browned and dry. The appetizer of fried smelts was the only pleasantly surprising item we ate.Special Features:
- Nice CafecitygirlVIPDined on 9/25/2014Caution: on-line reservations allow you to book a 2:00 lunch, however when we arrived just before 2:00 pm we waited by the entrance and then noticed a sign stating "Seat Yourself". A man in the little office saw us, ignored us, closed the door - so we waited and waited. A young woman was clearing tables and begrudgingly brought us water. I had to hunt down menus. We decided quickly. Finally our server appears and says we missed lunch. We protested-she checked after I explained that we were waiting 15 min. We were allowed to have lunch - all was well. Server was friendly after the rough start. Surly other girl loudly bussing tables was clearly having a bad day. Unfriendly start. Food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great experienceBoothVIPDined on 9/24/2014First, plan to spend some time looking for street parking in the area. Arrived at restaurant, first impression was favorable, menu appeared intriguing, and out of the ordinary. They brought us each one small piece of bread (that was it), and took drink order. 10 minutes later took food order. 45 minutes later food had still *not* arrived (let me say - the place was NOT real crowded). Finally food arrived, and it was cold. The meat was tough - not sure if because grass fed, or sat too long before serving. Wait staff and manager acknowledged and apologized and took drinks off check as apologetic gesture.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014All around wonderful experience. Only negative is that parking is difficult.
- Nonprofit developmentdisapptedDined on 9/19/2014We had a coupon, 2 for 1 for lunch. Food, service and ambiance were okay. NOT impressed when we were charged $5.00 each for diet cokes.
- just goodneveroutandaboutVIPDined on 9/13/2014firs time there- service was very good-food was very good- atmosphere was very friendly. fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvement.LizhVIPDined on 9/6/2014Location,building and ambiance are positive. Food is not. Husband had the rib eye; it was tough,flavorless and gray. I had shrimp which was swimming in butter. Needs improvement.
- unexpectedly disappointingterryDined on 8/28/2014After visiting Red Stag numerous times over the past couple years, we visited for an anniversary celebration. The service was just average- usually it is a bit more vivacious. The hostess did acknowledge our anniversary, but wasn't really that interested. The $42 bone-in ribeye was not good- tough, grisly, sinewy, fatty. Had a hard time cutting it with a serrated steak knife. This experience makes me wary of a future return visit.
- Average Brunch at BestBrendaDined on 8/24/2014We went for brunch on a Sunday. Drinks were expensive and breakfast offerings were plain and uninspired. Frankly, I have had better food at better prices at chain restaurants. Everything was bland and portions were skimpy. Service was fine. Coffee ok. Nothing really bad, but nothing good.
- fun place but not for talkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014we met some new friends and wanted so much to talk but the background music drowned them out from across the table. we don't mind music but a bit lower would be helpful. both couples felt that way.Special Features:
- Date Night Special a Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014Went last night for the date night special (bottle of house wine, 2 entrees, 2 smaller dessert portions for $32) and it was phenomenal! Last time I was there the service was a bit lacking, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. Great service and delicious food (though a bit heavy on the butter, for my taste).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice room and atmosphere and generally friendly staff. We were two for dinner on a Saturday night around 6 o'clock. Wait time from kitchen was excessive and then one of the orders was wrong. Staff recognized this without it needing mention did the right things but maybe more kitchen organization would be a goal. We'd like to try this place again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Cook?luv2eatDined on 7/30/2014I ordered a medium rare steak and was served a well done steak. My wife ordered jumbo shrimp and it was overcooked. We were compensated a little on our bill, but overall I was not impressed.
- Friday night fish frycbcrunchDined on 7/25/2014A group of ten came for the Friday night fish fry prior to seeing a show in Northeast. We were delighted by the interesting appetizer selection, the great deals for happy hour drinks and 80's music at just the right volume. Only one dish was unsatisfactory, and was compensated with a lovely dessert selection. The mussels were spotty- not all opened, some grit and an old taste. Other than that, we can heartily recommend the pickled relish tray, mushroom flatbread, and fish. Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- excellent date nightkwolfDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I recently went on a Tuesday night for the cheap date night special. Fantastic deal $32 gets you 2 entrees, 2 deserts and a bottle of wine. Wonderful service and wonderful atmosphere we will definitely go back. The only reason it gets four and not five stars is because the choices for the entree in the date night menu were limited to a fish stew and a vegtable salad and I can see many people not liking either one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was super good! I had the jumbo shrimp and lobster Mac and cheese. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014I've always had great food and service at Red Stag!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2014Expansive timbered space and a number of larger well spaced tables make this place good for groups. Option of filtered water or sparkling at no extra charge is a nice touch. The food is competently prepared, but nothing special. The servers are amiable and though we were a larger group, we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- Great foodBabsDined on 7/15/2014Loved the smelt fries and salad. Ambience was great. Just difficult to get tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a winnerkitchenquweenDined on 7/6/2014when friends from chicago wanted to meet for brunch ( with 2 and 4 year old boys in tow) we wanted to be sure our resto-loving friends had a great am meal and could feel comfortable with 2 young kids. food was on point- our server interceded with the kitchen to assure the kids' meals were a hit and the beverages hit the spot! RS's bar is spot on as well. thanks again for another great meal! it is good to know that folks from a great restaurant city can enjoy consistent quality in Minneapolis!Special Features:
- brunchDined on 6/29/2014Open table reservation system was easy to use and we were taken to our table as soon as we walked in. This is a go to place for brunch with one of the most unique and varied menus. The hard salami and asparagus egg scramble was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 710 reviews are from the Red Stag Supperclub reviews archive.
- Usually better.YumYumMadYumDined on 6/22/2014We always have a great experience. This past Sunday, brunch was a little different. Food was great as always. Our server rushed us for no reason. She asked if we were saving room for dessert as I was taking like my 5th bit of eggs benedict. She also checked in a super awkward times so we felt a bit interrupted between bites and conversation. I found it a little bizarre because the servers are usually a little more laid back. The experience service-wise was over all a bit underwhelming. As always, food is bomb sauce.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014Food was great, service slow but friendly. It is a bit stark inside, but not bad.Special Features:
- Always GreathyperfoodDined on 6/15/2014This place is great. The best mushrooms I've ever had. Food and the service was outstanding, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Spot, Awesome BloodiesMitchVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went here at the recommendation of my sister who lives in MSP. I definitely loved the decor and atmosphere. The menu for brunch only had about 8-9 options, which was a little limited (though there were also sandwiches and salads) but our group of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. I got the corned beef hash which had big chunks of corned beef! But my favorite part of the meal was the delicious bloody mary! It was extremely well done (though I did add a little extra tabasco as I like mine spicy!). The beer chaser was a welcomed surprise as well. My father had the reuben sandwich and really enjoyed that as did my sister like the Eggs Florentine. If I lived here, I'd definitely go back for another meal and to experience the bar offerings.Special Features:
- Tasty Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014The food was very good. It is described very simply on the menu but was made very tasty. Everyone at our table had a different entree and everyone loved their meal. The one thing that was missing was bread with the meal. I has the risotto and would of loved a slice of bread. Good beer selection. It was also a bit noisy on the Friday night we were there. Overall, we will go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fish Ever!!!tastybuds57Dined on 6/8/2014We were there last Thursday evening. Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. Can't imagine what it's like on the weekend! The cod fish fry was OUTSTANDING!!! I have to say it's the best I've tasted to date. Not sure what they do but man it's moist, chunky, flavorful fish. Usually I need the tartar sauce to enhance the fish but the flavor was so amazing I hardly used any ... well except for my fries ;) Service very friendly - why not be happy working here when everybody leaves happy! Small place and a bit loud especially if you want to have conversation. Most people had the great food and moved on rather than lingered for conversation. So the wait time was short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and accommodatingeatingoutagainDined on 6/7/2014Everyone from the hostesses, to our server, and even the manager greeted us and wished my husband a happy birthday. They gave us a wonderful table by the window since they knew it was a special occasion The food was wonderful and the vibe was very fun. Great people-watching venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette PartyKatyLouDined on 5/31/2014Red Stag Supper Club was very accommodating for our group of 10. Our server was fantastic, and gave us some suggestions as to where we should go next on our North East bar crawl to celebrate one of our member's upcoming wedding. Service was prompt and we never felt pushed to leave as we finished our drinks. The food was great, and many members of our group enjoyed the Edelweiss cocktail. Thanks for a lovely experience!Special Features: