Red Stag Supperclub
509 1st Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Stag Supperclub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redstagsupperclub.com/
- Phone: 6127677766x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night menu available until 12:30am every day
Our bar menu is available all day until 12:30am
Our bar stays open until 1am Sunday-Wednesday, 2am Thursday-Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Gerster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the Red Stag for information about off-site food and liquor catering options.
- Entertainment: We feature a wide range of live music 4 nights per week. See our entertainment calendar HERE.
- Special Events: For large group reservations, please contact us via phone or email! CLICK HERE
for more information on large parties.
- Cross Street: 6th Street NE
- Public Transit: There are many public transit stops located within a block of the Red Stag.
Some of the bus routes include:
A "Nice Ride" rent-a-bike station conveniently located at Hennepin Ave E & 5th Street NE!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking is available on busy nights when parking is limited. Street parking is free after 6pm on weekdays and all day Sat & Sun. Weekday metered parking is $0.25/hr.
After 6pm every night and all day Sat & Sun, free parking is also available in the HDMG parking lot (see parking map) as well as the Bank's Building parking lot.
CLICK HERE to see our parking map.
A word from Red Stag Supperclub
Welcome! The Red Stag Supperclub blends old school Wisconsin supper club charm with a contemporary passion for delicious, sustainable, farm-to-table food (CLICK HERE to see our menus). Located in the "Nordeast" Arts District just across the river from downtown, the Red Stag Supperclub opened its doors in November 2007 as the first LEED-CI Certified restaurant project in Minnesota. Red Stag serves brunch, lunch and dinner and has late night live music several nights a week. We accept reservations for half of our dining room and leave the other half open for walk-ins.Continued
The Red Stag features weekly specials including Cheap Date Night, Slow Food Sunday, and early and late night Happy Hours. CLICK HERE to see all of our specials.
The Red Stag features weekly specials including Cheap Date Night, Slow Food Sunday, and early and late night Happy Hours. CLICK HERE to see all of our specials.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Red Stag Supperclub - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Red Stag Supperclub reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (47)great for brunch (33)special occasion (32)romantic (22)great for lunch (21)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- just goodneveroutandaboutVIPDined on 9/13/2014firs time there- service was very good-food was very good- atmosphere was very friendly. fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvement.LizhVIPDined on 9/6/2014Location,building and ambiance are positive. Food is not. Husband had the rib eye; it was tough,flavorless and gray. I had shrimp which was swimming in butter. Needs improvement.
- unexpectedly disappointingterryDined on 8/28/2014After visiting Red Stag numerous times over the past couple years, we visited for an anniversary celebration. The service was just average- usually it is a bit more vivacious. The hostess did acknowledge our anniversary, but wasn't really that interested. The $42 bone-in ribeye was not good- tough, grisly, sinewy, fatty. Had a hard time cutting it with a serrated steak knife. This experience makes me wary of a future return visit.
- Average Brunch at BestBrendaDined on 8/24/2014We went for brunch on a Sunday. Drinks were expensive and breakfast offerings were plain and uninspired. Frankly, I have had better food at better prices at chain restaurants. Everything was bland and portions were skimpy. Service was fine. Coffee ok. Nothing really bad, but nothing good.
- fun place but not for talkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014we met some new friends and wanted so much to talk but the background music drowned them out from across the table. we don't mind music but a bit lower would be helpful. both couples felt that way.Special Features:
- Date Night Special a Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014Went last night for the date night special (bottle of house wine, 2 entrees, 2 smaller dessert portions for $32) and it was phenomenal! Last time I was there the service was a bit lacking, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. Great service and delicious food (though a bit heavy on the butter, for my taste).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice room and atmosphere and generally friendly staff. We were two for dinner on a Saturday night around 6 o'clock. Wait time from kitchen was excessive and then one of the orders was wrong. Staff recognized this without it needing mention did the right things but maybe more kitchen organization would be a goal. We'd like to try this place again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Cook?luv2eatDined on 7/30/2014I ordered a medium rare steak and was served a well done steak. My wife ordered jumbo shrimp and it was overcooked. We were compensated a little on our bill, but overall I was not impressed.
- Friday night fish frycbcrunchDined on 7/25/2014A group of ten came for the Friday night fish fry prior to seeing a show in Northeast. We were delighted by the interesting appetizer selection, the great deals for happy hour drinks and 80's music at just the right volume. Only one dish was unsatisfactory, and was compensated with a lovely dessert selection. The mussels were spotty- not all opened, some grit and an old taste. Other than that, we can heartily recommend the pickled relish tray, mushroom flatbread, and fish. Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- excellent date nightkwolfDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I recently went on a Tuesday night for the cheap date night special. Fantastic deal $32 gets you 2 entrees, 2 deserts and a bottle of wine. Wonderful service and wonderful atmosphere we will definitely go back. The only reason it gets four and not five stars is because the choices for the entree in the date night menu were limited to a fish stew and a vegtable salad and I can see many people not liking either one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was super good! I had the jumbo shrimp and lobster Mac and cheese. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014I've always had great food and service at Red Stag!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2014Expansive timbered space and a number of larger well spaced tables make this place good for groups. Option of filtered water or sparkling at no extra charge is a nice touch. The food is competently prepared, but nothing special. The servers are amiable and though we were a larger group, we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- Great foodBabsDined on 7/15/2014Loved the smelt fries and salad. Ambience was great. Just difficult to get tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a winnerkitchenquweenDined on 7/6/2014when friends from chicago wanted to meet for brunch ( with 2 and 4 year old boys in tow) we wanted to be sure our resto-loving friends had a great am meal and could feel comfortable with 2 young kids. food was on point- our server interceded with the kitchen to assure the kids' meals were a hit and the beverages hit the spot! RS's bar is spot on as well. thanks again for another great meal! it is good to know that folks from a great restaurant city can enjoy consistent quality in Minneapolis!Special Features:
- brunchDined on 6/29/2014Open table reservation system was easy to use and we were taken to our table as soon as we walked in. This is a go to place for brunch with one of the most unique and varied menus. The hard salami and asparagus egg scramble was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually better.YumYumMadYumDined on 6/22/2014We always have a great experience. This past Sunday, brunch was a little different. Food was great as always. Our server rushed us for no reason. She asked if we were saving room for dessert as I was taking like my 5th bit of eggs benedict. She also checked in a super awkward times so we felt a bit interrupted between bites and conversation. I found it a little bizarre because the servers are usually a little more laid back. The experience service-wise was over all a bit underwhelming. As always, food is bomb sauce.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014Food was great, service slow but friendly. It is a bit stark inside, but not bad.Special Features:
- Always GreathyperfoodDined on 6/15/2014This place is great. The best mushrooms I've ever had. Food and the service was outstanding, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Spot, Awesome BloodiesMitchVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went here at the recommendation of my sister who lives in MSP. I definitely loved the decor and atmosphere. The menu for brunch only had about 8-9 options, which was a little limited (though there were also sandwiches and salads) but our group of 5 thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. I got the corned beef hash which had big chunks of corned beef! But my favorite part of the meal was the delicious bloody mary! It was extremely well done (though I did add a little extra tabasco as I like mine spicy!). The beer chaser was a welcomed surprise as well. My father had the reuben sandwich and really enjoyed that as did my sister like the Eggs Florentine. If I lived here, I'd definitely go back for another meal and to experience the bar offerings.Special Features:
- Tasty Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014The food was very good. It is described very simply on the menu but was made very tasty. Everyone at our table had a different entree and everyone loved their meal. The one thing that was missing was bread with the meal. I has the risotto and would of loved a slice of bread. Good beer selection. It was also a bit noisy on the Friday night we were there. Overall, we will go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fish Ever!!!tastybuds57Dined on 6/8/2014We were there last Thursday evening. Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. Can't imagine what it's like on the weekend! The cod fish fry was OUTSTANDING!!! I have to say it's the best I've tasted to date. Not sure what they do but man it's moist, chunky, flavorful fish. Usually I need the tartar sauce to enhance the fish but the flavor was so amazing I hardly used any ... well except for my fries ;) Service very friendly - why not be happy working here when everybody leaves happy! Small place and a bit loud especially if you want to have conversation. Most people had the great food and moved on rather than lingered for conversation. So the wait time was short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and accommodatingeatingoutagainDined on 6/7/2014Everyone from the hostesses, to our server, and even the manager greeted us and wished my husband a happy birthday. They gave us a wonderful table by the window since they knew it was a special occasion The food was wonderful and the vibe was very fun. Great people-watching venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette PartyKatyLouDined on 5/31/2014Red Stag Supper Club was very accommodating for our group of 10. Our server was fantastic, and gave us some suggestions as to where we should go next on our North East bar crawl to celebrate one of our member's upcoming wedding. Service was prompt and we never felt pushed to leave as we finished our drinks. The food was great, and many members of our group enjoyed the Edelweiss cocktail. Thanks for a lovely experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014One waitress. And she was cranky! And only bar menu available but it didn't say that online. And it was my bday. Horrendous
- Very NiceShallReturnDined on 5/24/2014My date and I came with no expectations and left impressed. I think our early dinner reservation "7:00" helped with our experience. The staff got us good seats were prompt but not pushy our food came quickly and was prepared well "she had the salmon I had the NY Strip" . Great atmosphere and decor and the sparkling water is to DIE for. Seriously I loved it. Clean crisp and the perfect amount of carbonation. Will we come back for more? Yes!!! I have to try the burger on the menu. It sounds delish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitu17cqniDined on 5/24/2014Surprisingly good! Steaks were done to perfection and my wife loved her shrimp! Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- The following 699 reviews are from the Red Stag Supperclub reviews archive.
- lunchVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great food, so so service, love the complimentary sparkling water!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014We have come to Red Stag many times over the last several years and have always enjoyed the Fri. fish fry. We come from Il., where the fish fry is a staple. This trip, some changes in the portions and presentation have weakened the experience. My wife didn't seem to mind the change as much as I did, but her usual fish choice was missing this last trip. We finished up with cocktails at the bar which were as good as ever. We will try again.Special Features:
- Trend or One time Bad experience?MGFoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014We are regular diners at Red Stag. Maybe never again. We arrived on time for our 6:30 pm reservation and were taken right to our table. We waited a few minutes for our server to acknowledge us, but when she did come to our table we placed our drink orders off their cocktail menu. IT TOOK 30 Minutes to deliver our drinks! We had the tartar and a flatbread which were good, and served in a timely manner. Our salad was delivered before the appetizers were complete. It was a great roasted beet salad! Entrees ordered when we placed the salad order were delivered after a 30-40 minute wait! the food was fine, but the kitchen obviously has an issue. OUr server attempted to ignore it when she brought the check. I brought it up and she apologized.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotEmblDined on 5/17/2014Good brunch menu. Lively place. The server was new but friendly and learning the job.Special Features:
- Gracious HostsLMandNJRDined on 5/15/2014Gracious Hosts. We were over 45 minutes late for our reservation because of a Parking Ramp snafu (after our daughters college graduation) and they held our table for 8. We did call and tell them of the situation and they were so nice. Once there, we had friendly, proffessional service and wonderful food. Our waitress was warm, knowledgeable and efficient. The Risotto and Burgers were favorites at our table. We will be back.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014Went there for the date night special. I got a reservation, but ultimately didn't need it as they were rather slow. I've been at times when it's super busy on "date night," so I wanted to be prepared. Great service. The meal was excellent especially for the price point. I wasn't expecting anything special for dessert and they came out with pineapple upside down cake that was exceptionally well done. Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Didn't know how to vote...The outstanding service is 100% for the bartender that tended us before we were seated.Our waiter gets an absolute 0. The bartender offered to park my car for me if I couldn't find a parking spot when I was on the phone with my friend who was already there. He also saw a bday gift and asked who's bday it was. He gave the bday girl a beer on him when her glass was epmty. He even brought out a slice of chocalate cake with sorbet with a lit candle. We moved on to sit at our reserved table when our party arrived and during dinner, he walked over with a special drink for the bday girl. He wouldn't even take a tip when we tried to give to him before leaving. Wonderful guy! Waiter was horrible. Food wonderful though!
- Red stag sagstprlvrDined on 5/10/2014I've been to Red Stag 3 times now. The second time, part of the meal had very dry chewy meat to it. But I still decided to give it another try. Bringing my extended family for a Saturday night dinner was due to the fun atmosphere why I could bring my teenaged kids. The food took forever to come, and was extremely disappointing. My daughter and I had the risotto. It was inedible. My parents had the hamburger. They said it was just "ok". How do you screw up a hamburger? Not going back there. Was very embarrassed to have offered up the suggestion.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast as UsualSlatsVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is our favorite breakfast spot in Minneapolis. Great service and food.Special Features:
- love this place!bethgDined on 5/10/2014Very good to excellent all around. Great menu selections and fun mixed drinks. Service is excellent and kitchen will cater to menu changes. Our food came out a bit cooler than my liking, but we had a large diverse group of people for Mother's saturday brunch. Food was great, nonetheless.Special Features:
- Best Red Stag GoingMrDashDined on 5/9/2014This is a definite "when in Minneapolis" experience, especially for a visitor from a desert state where local freshwater fish isn't quite so abundant. Went for the Friday Night Fish Fry so couldn't resist ordering the Walleye Fish Basket (recommended for being slightly sweeter and more unusual, since they have cod on the menu the rest of the week) along with the smelt fries. That translates to fried fish with a side of fried fish. Highly recommended dining experience, but then grab a Nice Ride from the bike share and work off some of the fried fish with some gentle pedaling along the Mississippi.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014Wait staff was a little snooty. Seems like there is tension in the air.
- Great Food - just not @ date nightNew2MinnieDined on 5/4/2014Went there on Sunday and had delicious food. Went there on Tuesday night for date night and we both had the meatball dish: 8 1" dry meatballs surround a small mound of rice/veggie mix. The quality of food dropped so significantly for date night, that I don't know whether I'll be even coming back for non-date night foods. Perhaps date night is worth it if you really enjoy wine, but since I find wine an optional item, the main and dessert were sub-par and frankly not very much food (I think most buy appetizers in addition) - I won't be back for date night.Special Features: