Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
11 Boston Way
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bohemianhotelasheville.com/dining/dining.asp
- Phone: 8283985600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At the Grand Bohemian Hotel, exceptional events are our passion. We specialize in hosting inspiring business functions and social occasions for those who expect the absolute best in service, detail, and atmosphere. Through meticulous planning and flawless execution, we weave distinctive character and impeccable style into every event to ensure it is as memorable as it is successful. By harnessing your vision, we define an artistic direction for your gathering and deliver a professional, sophisticated affair that accomplishes all of your objectives.
- Private Party Facilities: At the Grand Bohemian Hotel, exceptional events are our passion. We specialize in hosting inspiring business functions and social occasions for those who expect the absolute best in service, detail, and atmosphere. Through meticulous planning and flawless execution, we weave distinctive character and impeccable style into every event to ensure it is as memorable as it is successful. By harnessing your vision, we define an artistic direction for your gathering and deliver a professional, sophisticated affair that accomplishes all of your objectives with exceptional precision, style, and flair.
- Private Party Contact: Joan Hooks 8283985522x
- Entertainment: Wednesday through Saturday nights, 8 PM till 10 PM
A word from Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
Red Stag Grill features contemporary European comfort food, an extensive wine by the glass menu, and a lively bar scene within a casual setting in the heart of the Village. The Red Stag Grill is known for integrating local ingredients and flavor into each creative dish. Featured items include skillet roasted mussels, beef goulash with spaetzle, and grilled elk filet.. The Red Stag Grill also offers chop house style large and small portions of quality steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (74)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (53)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- stunning decor and delicious foodotsarabethDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful evening at the red stag. The staff was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable. Delicious steaks, unique menu and great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasingly Good FoodMelanieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ate at the Red Stag Grill while staying at the Grand Bohemian. The decor is quite unique, and the food was very good. My husband had a New York strip, which was perfectly prepared and delicious. I had the evening's special, a type of fish called opah that was fabulous. It came with wonderful corn pudding. I also had a side of macaroni and cheese. It was all very impressive. Our servers, David and Sarah, did a terrific job. If we visit Asheville again, we will definitely eat here.Special Features:
- Great for anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Nice setting. Great timing with the delivery of drinks courses and dessert. Nice servers who had good rapportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EquineloverDined on 8/23/2014We had a very enjoyable experience eating at The Red Stag. The atmosphere was soothing and relaxing. We especially loved the crab cakes. We look forward to dining there again. We discussed returning in the fall.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceMaxwellDined on 8/23/2014Our first time was wonderful. The food and service were out of the ordinary. The elk and rack of lamb were superb. On the pricey side, the restaurant is one we plan to make a destination for special occasions. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- CarolynVIPDined on 8/23/2014The chefs were not at the restaurant because of a Food Festival in the city. We have had 2 great meals at the Red Stag previously but this lunch was a dissapointment. The cheese steak sandwich was very dry & not very cheesy. The crab cake sandwich was too much filling not much crab and not very good. The two who choose hamburgers were pleased. A water glass had something floating in it and the tomato on the crab cake had black on the ourside skin. Both of these were replaced but this is not like the professional quality we had experienced before. Just wanted to let you know. Had raved about the restaurante before--we were dissapointed.
- Steaks overcookedNeighborDined on 8/19/2014My $30. filet mignon was requested medium-well, but came back well done and tough throughout. The waiter comped my steak, which was very thoughtful and appropriate. My husband's $42 ribeye, requested medium, was also well done with zero juice. Not good. For a restaurant with so many high-priced cuts of beef on the menu, they need to learn how to cook them to order.
- Consistently outstandingWandererVIPDined on 8/17/2014Visited with some friends, who had not previously been to Red Stag. We were all impressed ... great service, great food, wonderful ambiance. We all tried steaks, all perfectly prepared. The wine list features something for every palate and wallet. The staff are attentive yet not overbearing. Nothing else I can add, a great establishment ... consistently perfect every time we visit. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebrationMammaturns70Dined on 8/16/2014The staff is amazing and friendly, the food is delicious and beautifully presented. Our waitress Anne made the night very special. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Third time for lunch and as before it was delicious. Soup, elk, local veggies and fish perfectly cooked. MUST try for dinner soon!Special Features:
- worth itfood4lifeDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. We both got the Chefs tasting with wine pairing. It was presented beautifully and tasted amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service need an extra bumpchipchop525VIPDined on 8/11/2014First off, the food was outstanding and our server was delightful! I had the Bison Ribeye and it was very flavorful and tender. I highly recommend! Our server did a good job but compared to other restaurants in the area at similar price points, the small details that warrant a higher level of service were missing. Step up the level of service and it would be spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRestauranteurDined on 8/10/2014We had been looking forward to dining here since we planned our trip to Asheville. The food was amazing and the service was great. We were very surprised and pleased with the pricing on the menu. We have eaten at many nice restaurant that charge $20-$30 more for their entrees. I had the rack of lamb (four chops) and it was $36! A smaller portion of that dish at a favorite restaurant here in Charlotte is $56. I thought that it was a great value for the experience that we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but over pricedReviewDined on 8/10/2014The Red Stag was a nice quiet romantic atmosphere with great service. The food was good but definitely overpriced, as I have eaten many similar meals at a lower cost. Overall, we were pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not exceptionalZeusDined on 8/10/2014Selected the venue based on reviews and the fact my husband is a major beef-eater! It was a slow night but I got the impression that at any time the service would be good - our waiter was attentive but the table next to me had trouble getting his attention after he served them and something wasn't to their liking. One thing I don't like is when there is PLENTY of space available is to be crammed into a two top against a wall. My fault - I should have said something. Will request it next time. Advise you to read the menu as they are trendy so the grilled Caesar Salad is literally grilled - if you have questions ask! It was tasty but my husband is traditional and didn't care for. Wine list exceptional by the bottle or glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHAD1Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I wanted to go to the bar as a friend recommended it. We decided to have dinner and it was great. Service was outstanding, food was excellent, atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodlivetoeatDined on 8/8/2014Our second experience at Red Stag Grill and we were not disappointed. We also decided to stay over-night at the hotel which was convenient, but a little pricey. I had the elk and was blown away by the outstanding flavor and texture. My wife had the filet mignon which was great and made for good comparison to my dish. We had the Silver Oak Cabernet which was a great companion to the food. Although the seating arrangement was not ideal, the wait staff made us feel like royalty. This place definitely has it going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!NhandKmDined on 8/3/2014Will make a point to get back again! The Elk is outstanding -- so is everything we've tried on our visits!Special Features:
- Best Dining Ever!!PerfectionDined on 8/2/2014The Red Stag was amazing in every way!! My husband and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and the staff made us feel special and very important. Our server, Genee, was amazing. She was friendly in the best way and helpful in ways that you do not always find in other staff. The food was cooked to perfection and made me want to return for seconds over and over again. The atmosphere was perfect and made us at ease. The whole experience was perfect in every way. Very impressed with our visit and we look forward to returning.Special Features:
- MrpweDined on 7/31/2014Service was top rate but meal for my wife was grossly under cooked as ordered. Such interrupted our special evening in celebrating her birthday.
- Great steakhouseGeertdbDined on 7/28/2014We had very good dinner. Crabcakes were good, the steak I had (cowboy ribeye) and the steak my wife had (filet mignon grass fed) were great. The winelist is very extensive. Service was top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elk and Velvet Cake !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014I actually found this to be a really nice restaurant. The food was good. We had the crab cake, elk, chilean sea bass along with the 5 layer velvet cake. They were all very good. The salad was a little heavy on the dressing but as mentioned rest were very good. Strong wine list. Excellent service, would definitely come back when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- rileyDined on 7/26/2014We were underwhelmed unfortunately. The food was just not that outstanding especially for the price. Would not go back.
- Farewell family breakfastCharlestonBrideVIPDined on 7/25/2014The menu had something for every appetite and the wait staff was courteous and knowledgable! Perfect way to end an extended family vacation.Special Features:
- Fun decor, fun menuTravelmomVIPDined on 7/24/2014We were celebrating a special occasion with family, and enjoyed an evening of lovely dining. Several groups were also celebrating, so the noise level was elevated, but festive. The big groups may have challenged the kitchen a little, as there was a big gap between salads and the arrival of our entrees, but the food was great. We appreciated the friendly service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not Greatkat1Dined on 7/21/2014We'd heard a lot about this place--how outstanding it was, etc. We wanted to make sure to eat here. It is good, no doubt about it, just not great. Service was good, but servers could be more forthcoming with explaining what's on one's plate. Good deal for the four-course menu paired with wine--just $75 (which is a bargain most places.) VERY meat heavy menu. Nothing really wrong, just OK. Heavy decor and a table up against a wall made us feel a bit closed in.Special Features:
- Dinner done rightCharlestonBrideVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great food. Prompt, courteous and knowledgable staff. Fantastic meal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2014I ordered the rib eye steak and my friend ordered the strip. The rib eye was only about 1/2" thick, so I was VERY disappointed in it. I wanted it med rare and it was barely pink. The strip was great, about 1 1/2" thick and perfectly cooked. Service was acceptable but not great. The server had a large party seated after us and that required a lot of attention. They were out of asparagus and substituted brussel sprouts, not something I would have done. The grilled caesar salad was OK. I wouldn't make an effort to go back.
- flfoodieDined on 7/16/2014Although Red Stag Grill is not inexpensive, I believe it is worth the price. They have a wonderful menu, very good food, and great service. We come here every year when we come to AshevilleSpecial Features:
- traveljunkieDined on 7/15/2014great early bird 3 course dinner offered. Hope it's a permanent offering.Special Features:
- Excellent Choicegoodfood4lifeDined on 7/12/2014We chose Red Stag Grill because we were looking for a "midday date" sort of feel. It was perfect. The hotel in which it is located is quite unique and beautiful. The staff is very accommodating and knowledgeable. This was our first experience in this particular restaurant, but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably excellentRonSVIPDined on 7/9/2014Well worth the price for everything except the monkfish, which was bland. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Wonderful steak. Def get the apple pie for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Hotel DiningM1ReviewDined on 7/7/2014Over-priced with under-sized portions. Typical hotel restaurant, but excellent service.Special Features:
- VacationNiteoutDined on 7/5/2014We ate at the Red Stag for dinner after touring the Biltmore. It was a nice restaurant with great atmosphere and interesting decor. We had the 5 course special with wine sampling and totally enjoyed it. Our waiter was friendly and very informative.Special Features:
- MR. Disappointed1globetrotterDined on 7/2/2014The restaurant fell far short of the service/quality of the hotel. When you are billed as one of the outstanding destinations in Asheville, NC., one would expect all areas of the hotel to have high standards. Unfortunately, the food was ok at best, but not worth returning to the hotel. The appetizer was fine, and my wife's trout was fine. The wine selection was very good. You fell short on the ambience aspect by not having table cloths. My filet was not disappointing. The wedge salad was a very poor excuse and looked as though it was an afterthought. I almost sent it back, but that is not my style. The mac/cheese looked as though it came form a box, and was not hot nor tasty. Where was the food mgr. for inspecting ea. dish???
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!Foodie2Dined on 7/1/2014The staff was terrific. The food...plentiful and so very tasty! We had the 5 course tasting paired with wine and everything was spot on. Serving size and flavor was perfect! We also had the mussels as an appetizer...Wow so good! The Bison Ribeye, I would recommend it if you like a leaner cut of meat, somewhere between a sirloin and a strip. Very little game taste. My medium rare was cooked perfectly. However I would recommend getting a glaze on it for more flavor. If you are looking for that buttery fatty goodness of a ribeye, stick with the beef. The braised greens I had on the side were amazing! The Elk tenderloin is a must. And must have the lava cake. Yum! We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible as alwayscheadrickDined on 6/30/2014Our fourth trip to the Red Stag, each experience seems to build expectations for the next trip. Our server Genee was incredibly friendly and well prepared. Table was ready promptly at our reservation time. Food as always was incredible!Special Features:
- Elk Anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2014Four of us dined at Red Stag the other night and couldn't be more pleased. The best of each course were the grilled caesar salad (sounds terrible on paper, but it was delicious), the fried green tomatoes (reminiscent of Joe's Stone Crab in South Beach), the skull splitter beer, the Elk Tenderloin (by far the best) and the apple pie. Other bright points were the wedge salad (above average) and the coffee rubbed steak special.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014We had a great 46th anniversary. All staff was very helpful.Special Features: