Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
11 Boston Way
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bohemianhotelasheville.com/dining/dining.asp
- Phone: 8283985600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At the Grand Bohemian Hotel, exceptional events are our passion. We specialize in hosting inspiring business functions and social occasions for those who expect the absolute best in service, detail, and atmosphere. Through meticulous planning and flawless execution, we weave distinctive character and impeccable style into every event to ensure it is as memorable as it is successful. By harnessing your vision, we define an artistic direction for your gathering and deliver a professional, sophisticated affair that accomplishes all of your objectives.
- Private Party Facilities: At the Grand Bohemian Hotel, exceptional events are our passion. We specialize in hosting inspiring business functions and social occasions for those who expect the absolute best in service, detail, and atmosphere. Through meticulous planning and flawless execution, we weave distinctive character and impeccable style into every event to ensure it is as memorable as it is successful. By harnessing your vision, we define an artistic direction for your gathering and deliver a professional, sophisticated affair that accomplishes all of your objectives with exceptional precision, style, and flair.
- Private Party Contact: Joan Hooks 8283985522x
- Entertainment: Wednesday through Saturday nights, 8 PM till 10 PM
A word from Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
Red Stag Grill features contemporary European comfort food, an extensive wine by the glass menu, and a lively bar scene within a casual setting in the heart of the Village. The Red Stag Grill is known for integrating local ingredients and flavor into each creative dish. Featured items include skillet roasted mussels, beef goulash with spaetzle, and grilled elk filet.. The Red Stag Grill also offers chop house style large and small portions of quality steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (82)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (61)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (24)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 40th Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary Sunday night. The service,by Paul was outstanding. The food was excellent. We had the Mussels, Chilean Sea Bass and the Rib eye. All were excellent. especially the Chilean Sea Bass. We would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise deal!Pamsrvue1Dined on 9/27/2014Our group of four had dinner Saturday night . I had already checked out the menu and found several choices I thought would be good, but when we opened the menu ( yes they light up ! For us vision impaired over 50 group, a nice feature) we saw the restaurant week specials, great deal and absolutely delicious! Our waiter was wonderful, such a nice guy .. Thanks Red Stag , we will be back :)Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!alyssaDined on 9/27/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and we enjoyed it a lot! Great drinks, wonderful entree options, and of course delicious birthday dessert. They also brought us complimentary champagne for a birthday toast! It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- My favorite Asheville restaurant.JerryDined on 9/26/2014I've eaten here and stayed at the Bohemian several times but this time I took three people who had never been. They were blown away. The atmosphere is so cool. Food was great. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant diningkairosDined on 9/25/2014We had the tenderloin meal as part of restaurant week. The shrimp appetizer was great. The tenderloin was tender and tasty. The almond lemon curd trifle was too sweet and too lemony. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDawn1Dined on 9/22/2014While staying at the hotel, we reserved the Red Stag for our anniversary dinner. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary from the hostess and seated in a perfect table for 2. Our waiter was attentive and very detailed. We would highly recommend this restaurant and the hotel for its excellent service and amenities.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceTulane88Dined on 9/19/2014Was looking for a special dinner for our weekend getaway in Asheville and we found it. This is a truly outstanding restaurant and we'll be back next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous !LilySSDined on 9/19/2014Starter menu has wonderful choice !! We ordered pretty much everything and every plate was fabulous !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014You have to try the calamari.....trust me! The flavors are unique and and the texture is delicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and small portionsmrbrmVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food is not well seasoned, portions are small, prices are high. Waiters, bussers, hosts are all nice and efficient. Now that I think of it I don't think any of the food was seasoned on the elk tenderloin entree ($40). Nice atmosphere and good wine list.
- Wedding night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I chose The Red Stag Grill to celebrate with after our elopement. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Food was excellent and the wait time between courses was perfect. We had our two children with us (ages 14 and 10) and they enjoyed the food as well.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable Experience!sweetashoneyDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I ate here while staying at the Grand Bohemian after our wedding. We both ordered the 4-course tasting meal...and WOW! Each course also came with a wine sampling. Not only was the presentation wonderful, but the food and wine pairing were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit same as the first...SurpriseVIPDined on 9/14/2014Very nicely appointed restaurant. Staff is well trained. Food is great. All around a great place to eat and just be there. Will go back when I'm in Asheville.Special Features:
- Pabadi45happyDined on 9/13/2014We were in Asheville for a first time visit to celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary. This restaurant had been recommended to us by friends who visit there often and are planning to relocate in Asheville. Upon opening our menus we saw at the top of the menu, "Happy 45th Anniversary, Ann & Pete". What a special touch! We also enjoyed our complimentary dessert! Delicious meal, wonderful evening! Hope to return one day! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner DisappointmentFinedinerDined on 9/13/2014We ordered a medium rare filet which was served medium well. Wait person recommended rib eye instead when we noted filet was cut unusually thin. Rib eye was also over cooked though not quite as much as the filet. Wait person was very professional, could see the steak was over cooked a second time and offered to take the charge for the steak off our bill. We also ordered a trout dinner which was good but the person celebrating his birthday ordered steak so he surely did not have a memorable meal. Hard to recommend Red Stag now because one expects a quality restaurant to execute cooking a steak as ordered.
- Always a great experienceKelleyfromSCDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been coming to the Red Stag Grill since it opened. It is always excellent! We drive an hour just to enjoy the excellent food and superior service!Special Features:
- excellent dining experiencezassyDined on 9/11/2014the waiter was very helpful and always checking to see if I needed anything. helped to pick a wine that was excellent. the jurgeon filet was prepared the way that i wanted it and tasted wonderful. the fried green tomatoes were good. the atmosphere was lively in the restaurant that evening. overall I was very pleased and the staff was very helpful in providing the things that I needed. would highly recomend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend of The NeighborhoodJK35AnniversaryDined on 9/7/2014Exceptional Quality and Table service with a Polished Quality of Experience, food (Brunch) was just Exceptional - (texture,flavor,presentation),will set our schedule to entertain the Experiences you offer in the Exquisite Atmosphere/Surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous night outfun4allDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I met his aunt and uncle who were up visiting from Florida for dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent as well as the customer service. We also had a special treat to find that Rob Lowe was dining there also. It was cool to think an actor that could choose anywhere to dine chose the same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridayNightDinersFridayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/1/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. I love the warm feel of this place. The calamari was fantastic. Our waiter was fantastic and service was impeccable. The steak was good although underdone. The grouper was overdone. The mac and cheese was very good. Desserts of cheesecake and lava cake were oh so yummy and rich. I was disappointed that my husband's dessert was served without a candle or happy birthday since I had called the day before and asked for that. The lady who took my call also seated us. She did not smile and was not welcoming. The food here used to be outstanding. Over the past couple of years not so outstanding.Special Features:
- wgmgDined on 9/1/2014hostess was rude, waiter did not tell us the specials because he did not have his glasses, food was cold only good thing was the manager who was very gracious and comped the meal
- stunning decor and delicious foodotsarabethDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful evening at the red stag. The staff was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable. Delicious steaks, unique menu and great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in a LodgeQuinceVIPDined on 8/30/2014Red Stag is like dining in a hunting lodge. The mounted animal heads and dark woods carry the theme. The restaurant can be a bit dark at night, but the LED back-lighted (!) menus and wine list help a lot. The food is excellent. We have not found many places that carry Elk as a standard menu item. It always is a special treat. The fish and other dishes are fresh and excellent also. There is an excellent selection of reasonably priced wines to accompany the various menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasingly Good FoodMelanieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ate at the Red Stag Grill while staying at the Grand Bohemian. The decor is quite unique, and the food was very good. My husband had a New York strip, which was perfectly prepared and delicious. I had the evening's special, a type of fish called opah that was fabulous. It came with wonderful corn pudding. I also had a side of macaroni and cheese. It was all very impressive. Our servers, David and Sarah, did a terrific job. If we visit Asheville again, we will definitely eat here.Special Features:
- NickDined on 8/29/2014Food was overall very good. Ambiance and service was far above other restaurants in Asheville. My wife very much enjoyed her 4 course selections with wine pairings, and I was most pleased with my appetizer and salad, but was very disappointed with the ribeye steak, While ordered medium rare, it was served medium well. This was probably due to its 1/2 inch thickness. It is very hard to cook a steak that thin medium rare. The steak was not up to the standards one would expect from a 1st class steakhouse, and was not worth the price paid. Other than the steak, we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversaryTwinsx2Dined on 8/23/2014Nice setting. Great timing with the delivery of drinks courses and dessert. Nice servers who had good rapportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EquineloverDined on 8/23/2014We had a very enjoyable experience eating at The Red Stag. The atmosphere was soothing and relaxing. We especially loved the crab cakes. We look forward to dining there again. We discussed returning in the fall.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceMaxwellDined on 8/23/2014Our first time was wonderful. The food and service were out of the ordinary. The elk and rack of lamb were superb. On the pricey side, the restaurant is one we plan to make a destination for special occasions. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- CarolynVIPDined on 8/23/2014The chefs were not at the restaurant because of a Food Festival in the city. We have had 2 great meals at the Red Stag previously but this lunch was a dissapointment. The cheese steak sandwich was very dry & not very cheesy. The crab cake sandwich was too much filling not much crab and not very good. The two who choose hamburgers were pleased. A water glass had something floating in it and the tomato on the crab cake had black on the ourside skin. Both of these were replaced but this is not like the professional quality we had experienced before. Just wanted to let you know. Had raved about the restaurante before--we were dissapointed.
- Steaks overcookedNeighborDined on 8/19/2014My $30. filet mignon was requested medium-well, but came back well done and tough throughout. The waiter comped my steak, which was very thoughtful and appropriate. My husband's $42 ribeye, requested medium, was also well done with zero juice. Not good. For a restaurant with so many high-priced cuts of beef on the menu, they need to learn how to cook them to order.
- Consistently outstandingWandererVIPDined on 8/17/2014Visited with some friends, who had not previously been to Red Stag. We were all impressed ... great service, great food, wonderful ambiance. We all tried steaks, all perfectly prepared. The wine list features something for every palate and wallet. The staff are attentive yet not overbearing. Nothing else I can add, a great establishment ... consistently perfect every time we visit. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebrationMammaturns70Dined on 8/16/2014The staff is amazing and friendly, the food is delicious and beautifully presented. Our waitress Anne made the night very special. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Third time for lunch and as before it was delicious. Soup, elk, local veggies and fish perfectly cooked. MUST try for dinner soon!Special Features:
- worth itfood4lifeDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. We both got the Chefs tasting with wine pairing. It was presented beautifully and tasted amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service need an extra bumpchipchop525VIPDined on 8/11/2014First off, the food was outstanding and our server was delightful! I had the Bison Ribeye and it was very flavorful and tender. I highly recommend! Our server did a good job but compared to other restaurants in the area at similar price points, the small details that warrant a higher level of service were missing. Step up the level of service and it would be spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRestauranteurDined on 8/10/2014We had been looking forward to dining here since we planned our trip to Asheville. The food was amazing and the service was great. We were very surprised and pleased with the pricing on the menu. We have eaten at many nice restaurant that charge $20-$30 more for their entrees. I had the rack of lamb (four chops) and it was $36! A smaller portion of that dish at a favorite restaurant here in Charlotte is $56. I thought that it was a great value for the experience that we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but over pricedReviewDined on 8/10/2014The Red Stag was a nice quiet romantic atmosphere with great service. The food was good but definitely overpriced, as I have eaten many similar meals at a lower cost. Overall, we were pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not exceptionalZeusDined on 8/10/2014Selected the venue based on reviews and the fact my husband is a major beef-eater! It was a slow night but I got the impression that at any time the service would be good - our waiter was attentive but the table next to me had trouble getting his attention after he served them and something wasn't to their liking. One thing I don't like is when there is PLENTY of space available is to be crammed into a two top against a wall. My fault - I should have said something. Will request it next time. Advise you to read the menu as they are trendy so the grilled Caesar Salad is literally grilled - if you have questions ask! It was tasty but my husband is traditional and didn't care for. Wine list exceptional by the bottle or glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHAD1Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I wanted to go to the bar as a friend recommended it. We decided to have dinner and it was great. Service was outstanding, food was excellent, atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodlivetoeatDined on 8/8/2014Our second experience at Red Stag Grill and we were not disappointed. We also decided to stay over-night at the hotel which was convenient, but a little pricey. I had the elk and was blown away by the outstanding flavor and texture. My wife had the filet mignon which was great and made for good comparison to my dish. We had the Silver Oak Cabernet which was a great companion to the food. Although the seating arrangement was not ideal, the wait staff made us feel like royalty. This place definitely has it going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.