Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
11 Boston Way
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bohemianhotelasheville.com/dining/dining.asp
- Phone: 8283985600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Ostrander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At the Grand Bohemian Hotel, exceptional events are our passion. We specialize in hosting inspiring business functions and social occasions for those who expect the absolute best in service, detail, and atmosphere. Through meticulous planning and flawless execution, we weave distinctive character and impeccable style into every event to ensure it is as memorable as it is successful. By harnessing your vision, we define an artistic direction for your gathering and deliver a professional, sophisticated affair that accomplishes all of your objectives.
- Private Party Facilities: At the Grand Bohemian Hotel, exceptional events are our passion. We specialize in hosting inspiring business functions and social occasions for those who expect the absolute best in service, detail, and atmosphere. Through meticulous planning and flawless execution, we weave distinctive character and impeccable style into every event to ensure it is as memorable as it is successful. By harnessing your vision, we define an artistic direction for your gathering and deliver a professional, sophisticated affair that accomplishes all of your objectives with exceptional precision, style, and flair.
- Private Party Contact: Joan Hooks 8283985522x
- Entertainment: Wednesday through Saturday nights, 8 PM till 10 PM
A word from Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville
Red Stag Grill offers Asheville’s finest dining with the freshest local ingredients, personally selected at nearby farms by our chef. Featuring contemporary European comfort food, Red Stag Grill is sumptuous, rustic hunting lodge meets modern-chic sensibility. After dinner, sip a signature martini or cocktail in the Red Stag Grill lounge and bar area and be entertained by local musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Red Stag Grill-Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (90)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (64)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)great for lunch (20)hot spot (14)great for brunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Food was flavorless and unremarkable, service was poor. We went into the experience with high expectations and were disappointing all the way around.
- Excellent dining in Ashevilleesam1152Dined on 10/18/2014The Grand Bohemian Hotel serves as an excellent host of space for upscale dining in the Red Stag Grill. If you want to be able to see the crab meat in the crab cakes, receive your filet exactly as you ordered, and have prompt and courteous service, this is a dining experience for you.Special Features:
- Fascinating Setting; Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014First trip to this great place/setting. Will stay here next trip instead of at Grove Park Inn. Highly recommend you stop in even if you cannot stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpikeDined on 10/15/2014Went with group for anniversary dinner. Although, primarily a chop house there are other excellent choices on the menu. Rack of lamb, filet mignon both excellent but also good crab cakes, mussels and salads. Extensive wine list, can be a little pricey for dinner. Great service, décor and a great bar that serves food also. Highly recommended for a special night out.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total let downGarfieldTrumbleDined on 10/12/2014We heard and read a lot of great reviews on this place but we were totally let down. We ordered the four course "tasting menu". Portions were to small and the salad was totally tasteless. Will never go back.
- Red StagGolfergirlDined on 10/12/2014I made a reservation for 8 for Sunday Oct. 12 - 6 PM. I had mentioned at confirmation that we had an infant, too. The table set up was not great for conversation - it was a row of 4 opposite 4 on a tight side aisle. Our service was not the usual service we've come to expect. In fact, it was poor. The cocktails were very slow to arrive. We waited and waited for our entrees after completing the salads - almost an hour! No explanation except kitchen backed up - and no apology. The food was excellent - as it has always been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu, decent wine list.moochdogDined on 10/11/2014The menu is quite nice and there are good wines available although nothing that was much of a bargain. About what I expect to pay at a quality restaurant. The drawback was that some of the food was just lukewarm when served and that compromised the overall quality of the experience.Special Features:
- birthdayDined on 10/7/2014The steaks were prepared with great care. The service gave of a feeling of being appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchPackman1Dined on 10/5/2014Great anniversary spot, never rushed, great food, and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014We read the other positive reviews so made a reservation for our last night in Asheville. It was a typical upscale chain hotel dinner. There are many other local restaurants with better food and selections. Nothing special, especially for the price.
- Great restaurant and great service!JoshHill1984Dined on 10/3/2014I had a birthday dinner here. The food was awesome and so was our server. The atmosphere was too notch. I recommend the Ribeye, Mac and Cheese and the Chilean Sea Bass. The sweet potato purée was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine pairing dinnerGoodfoodandwineDined on 10/2/2014We had the dinner with the wine pairing and it was delicious. The wine pourings could have been more generous (or at least even between the persons) but the selections were very good. The food was delicious with no complaints! We even had the Elk which was very good and not gamey at all. I would recommend the food. Would have liked a better table as we are platinum Marriott members and were staying at the hotel-and had made reservations in advance stating it was an anniversary. It was very nice to have a complimentary glass of champagne at the end. Very nice. Great location when visiting the Biltmore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessSteakloverDined on 10/2/2014Great for Business Dinner. Excellent food and service. The booth setup allowed for private discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYSEandwomanDined on 10/2/2014Food, atmosphere was terriffic! Our waiter was wonderful & knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- 40th Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary Sunday night. The service,by Paul was outstanding. The food was excellent. We had the Mussels, Chilean Sea Bass and the Rib eye. All were excellent. especially the Chilean Sea Bass. We would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise deal!Pamsrvue1Dined on 9/27/2014Our group of four had dinner Saturday night . I had already checked out the menu and found several choices I thought would be good, but when we opened the menu ( yes they light up ! For us vision impaired over 50 group, a nice feature) we saw the restaurant week specials, great deal and absolutely delicious! Our waiter was wonderful, such a nice guy .. Thanks Red Stag , we will be back :)Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!alyssaDined on 9/27/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and we enjoyed it a lot! Great drinks, wonderful entree options, and of course delicious birthday dessert. They also brought us complimentary champagne for a birthday toast! It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- My favorite Asheville restaurant.JerryDined on 9/26/2014I've eaten here and stayed at the Bohemian several times but this time I took three people who had never been. They were blown away. The atmosphere is so cool. Food was great. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant diningkairosDined on 9/25/2014We had the tenderloin meal as part of restaurant week. The shrimp appetizer was great. The tenderloin was tender and tasty. The almond lemon curd trifle was too sweet and too lemony. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDawn1Dined on 9/22/2014While staying at the hotel, we reserved the Red Stag for our anniversary dinner. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary from the hostess and seated in a perfect table for 2. Our waiter was attentive and very detailed. We would highly recommend this restaurant and the hotel for its excellent service and amenities.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceTulane88Dined on 9/19/2014Was looking for a special dinner for our weekend getaway in Asheville and we found it. This is a truly outstanding restaurant and we'll be back next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous !LilySSDined on 9/19/2014Starter menu has wonderful choice !! We ordered pretty much everything and every plate was fabulous !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014You have to try the calamari.....trust me! The flavors are unique and and the texture is delicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and small portionsmrbrmVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food is not well seasoned, portions are small, prices are high. Waiters, bussers, hosts are all nice and efficient. Now that I think of it I don't think any of the food was seasoned on the elk tenderloin entree ($40). Nice atmosphere and good wine list.
- Wedding night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I chose The Red Stag Grill to celebrate with after our elopement. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Food was excellent and the wait time between courses was perfect. We had our two children with us (ages 14 and 10) and they enjoyed the food as well.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable Experience!sweetashoneyDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I ate here while staying at the Grand Bohemian after our wedding. We both ordered the 4-course tasting meal...and WOW! Each course also came with a wine sampling. Not only was the presentation wonderful, but the food and wine pairing were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit same as the first...SurpriseVIPDined on 9/14/2014Very nicely appointed restaurant. Staff is well trained. Food is great. All around a great place to eat and just be there. Will go back when I'm in Asheville.Special Features:
- Pabadi45happyDined on 9/13/2014We were in Asheville for a first time visit to celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary. This restaurant had been recommended to us by friends who visit there often and are planning to relocate in Asheville. Upon opening our menus we saw at the top of the menu, "Happy 45th Anniversary, Ann & Pete". What a special touch! We also enjoyed our complimentary dessert! Delicious meal, wonderful evening! Hope to return one day! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner DisappointmentFinedinerDined on 9/13/2014We ordered a medium rare filet which was served medium well. Wait person recommended rib eye instead when we noted filet was cut unusually thin. Rib eye was also over cooked though not quite as much as the filet. Wait person was very professional, could see the steak was over cooked a second time and offered to take the charge for the steak off our bill. We also ordered a trout dinner which was good but the person celebrating his birthday ordered steak so he surely did not have a memorable meal. Hard to recommend Red Stag now because one expects a quality restaurant to execute cooking a steak as ordered.
- Always a great experienceKelleyfromSCDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been coming to the Red Stag Grill since it opened. It is always excellent! We drive an hour just to enjoy the excellent food and superior service!Special Features:
- excellent dining experiencezassyDined on 9/11/2014the waiter was very helpful and always checking to see if I needed anything. helped to pick a wine that was excellent. the jurgeon filet was prepared the way that i wanted it and tasted wonderful. the fried green tomatoes were good. the atmosphere was lively in the restaurant that evening. overall I was very pleased and the staff was very helpful in providing the things that I needed. would highly recomend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend of The NeighborhoodJK35AnniversaryDined on 9/7/2014Exceptional Quality and Table service with a Polished Quality of Experience, food (Brunch) was just Exceptional - (texture,flavor,presentation),will set our schedule to entertain the Experiences you offer in the Exquisite Atmosphere/Surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous night outfun4allDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I met his aunt and uncle who were up visiting from Florida for dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent as well as the customer service. We also had a special treat to find that Rob Lowe was dining there also. It was cool to think an actor that could choose anywhere to dine chose the same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridayNightDinersFridayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/1/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. I love the warm feel of this place. The calamari was fantastic. Our waiter was fantastic and service was impeccable. The steak was good although underdone. The grouper was overdone. The mac and cheese was very good. Desserts of cheesecake and lava cake were oh so yummy and rich. I was disappointed that my husband's dessert was served without a candle or happy birthday since I had called the day before and asked for that. The lady who took my call also seated us. She did not smile and was not welcoming. The food here used to be outstanding. Over the past couple of years not so outstanding.Special Features:
- wgmgVIPDined on 9/1/2014hostess was rude, waiter did not tell us the specials because he did not have his glasses, food was cold only good thing was the manager who was very gracious and comped the meal
- stunning decor and delicious foodotsarabethDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful evening at the red stag. The staff was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable. Delicious steaks, unique menu and great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in a LodgeQuinceVIPDined on 8/30/2014Red Stag is like dining in a hunting lodge. The mounted animal heads and dark woods carry the theme. The restaurant can be a bit dark at night, but the LED back-lighted (!) menus and wine list help a lot. The food is excellent. We have not found many places that carry Elk as a standard menu item. It always is a special treat. The fish and other dishes are fresh and excellent also. There is an excellent selection of reasonably priced wines to accompany the various menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasingly Good FoodMelanieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ate at the Red Stag Grill while staying at the Grand Bohemian. The decor is quite unique, and the food was very good. My husband had a New York strip, which was perfectly prepared and delicious. I had the evening's special, a type of fish called opah that was fabulous. It came with wonderful corn pudding. I also had a side of macaroni and cheese. It was all very impressive. Our servers, David and Sarah, did a terrific job. If we visit Asheville again, we will definitely eat here.Special Features:
- NickDined on 8/29/2014Food was overall very good. Ambiance and service was far above other restaurants in Asheville. My wife very much enjoyed her 4 course selections with wine pairings, and I was most pleased with my appetizer and salad, but was very disappointed with the ribeye steak, While ordered medium rare, it was served medium well. This was probably due to its 1/2 inch thickness. It is very hard to cook a steak that thin medium rare. The steak was not up to the standards one would expect from a 1st class steakhouse, and was not worth the price paid. Other than the steak, we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversaryTwinsx2Dined on 8/23/2014Nice setting. Great timing with the delivery of drinks courses and dessert. Nice servers who had good rapportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.