Red Square Euro Bistro
1512 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Red Square Euro Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redsquarebistro.com/
- Phone: 3035958600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday : 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Open nightly until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Russian, European, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hildebrand
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Red Square offers a private dining room seating up to 16 guests & a semi-private area seating up to 24 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Ryan 3035958600
A word from Red Square Euro Bistro
Red Square is a warm & friendly restaurant that offers contemporary European cuisine. Our full bar features over 100 vodkas from around the world plus twenty house-made infusions, as well as an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Square Euro Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Viva VodkaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This pleasant restaurant is a short walk from the Convention Center. From the large selection of infused vodkas, I chose horseradish and my friend chose black pepper. The vodka was served with dill pickle slices, a perfect complement. We loved the pellmeni dumplings, cucumber salad, beef tenderloin stroganoff, and chicken Kiev. Service was friendly and efficient. It is tucked into Larimer Square, so it is a little hard to find, but don't give up.Special Features:
- great vodkas!beckycdraperDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. it was a bit difficult to find as it was tucked away off of 16th Street Mall, but it was certainly worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieDined on 9/13/2014We were pleasantly surprised! The service was excellent; the food very good. The ambience was somewhat dark but our table was wonderful. The prices were fair and we plan to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Could not ask for moreblubird106Dined on 8/18/2014The service was wonderful but not overwhelming. Good suggestions about martinis! We each tried a different appetizer (the pelmeni is outstanding), entree and dessert and I would have been delighted with any of them. We were never rushed. Try the rack of wild boar. Their signature lemon tart is both wonderful to look at and the addition of their house made raspberry gelato was a perfect touch. All in all, I can't fault a single thing at Red Square. If you haven't been for a while, go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Vodka - Good FoodMichaelVIPDined on 8/11/2014The space is warm and inviting with great group seating options. Service was attentive, lighthearted, and not overbearing. The menu has a unique eastern European flare. The meat dumplings were outstanding as a shared appetizer. We all (a group of 5) shared our main courses because they all sounded unique and delicious. Each dish provided a well-balanced, flavorful experience though the Wild Boar and NY Strip were both over-cooked and tough. The rack of lamb, on the other hand, was perfectly prepared and one of the best lamb dishes I've had.Special Features:
- Fantastic!CHillDined on 8/2/2014I'd walked by this place many times, and had never even looked at the menu, assuming it to be a vodka bar, which is not my drink of choice. When planning a night out with my wife, the restaurant I has wanted to go to had closed, so I looked to OpenTable on which this popped up and after looking at the menu I had to check it out. I'm a sucker for lamb, which was divine, while my wife enjoyed fish (halibut I believe). They were out of the wine we wanted, but our server recommended a similar bottle that was wonderful. We sat outside, which is a pedestrian 'alley', but it was not too noisy and very clean. We certainly left 'fat and happy'!Special Features:
- Food and service were greatDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014A little noisy and it wasn't even packed. But, the food and service made up for it.Special Features:
- Awsome!NJdenverDined on 7/30/2014We were 8: 6 adulst and two kids, and came to the Red Square for a birthday party dinner. We had two different salads, pancakes with meat, red square stroganoff, and lamb chops. Everything was really excellent and delicious!Special Features:
- What a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014My colleague recommended Red Square based on its infused vodkas (which are delicious), but I ended up loving the food as well. Excellent service made it a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceSupermanDined on 6/27/2014The food was very tasty and our server was exceptionally patient with us. I definitely enjoyed our dinner here and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Will Be BackDaveGDined on 6/24/2014Discovered this restaurant about 3 months ago and had a great experience. Decided to try it again and had another great experience. The first time we dined there we sat inside and enjoyed the comfortable yet classy ambiance. The second time we choose to enjoy their outside patio. Either is a great option. The menu has a number of unique items and everything we have ordered has been outstanding. The service has been friendly, attentive and very professional. This will be a regular dining stop for us when we are in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Red Square BistroSuzyQcoloradoDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I loved the Red Square Bistro. We have a cheese app. and an olive app. at the bar with our infused vodka. We then moved to a table and ordered the sea bass and rack of lamb. We were both very happy with our entrees. I would return again.Special Features:
- Great food and fun locationFrankDined on 6/6/2014We had never been to Red Square before. We had friends coming in from out of town and wanted to give them a taste of downtown Denver. Based on others recommendations on Open Table, we decided to give Red Square a try. They didn't disappoint. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive. It was a beautiful night, so we sat outside. The restaurant is a bit hard to find because it is in the center of Larimer Square.Special Features:
- Perfect for our Book ClubMarkDined on 6/2/2014We chose Red Square because our group of 4 professionals wanted to discuss a book on Central and Eastern Europe between WWI and WWII. Wanted some ethnic Slavic food. It was very good service and food, very friendly and welcoming, and not too loud on a Monday night early dinner. The Lamp Pop appetizers were a solid hit, as was the steak and stroganoff. Great vodka selection, and perfect Russian Standard Marini's. Would visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Our table was in front of the window that opened to the patio so we had the benefit of the outside, inside. The food was very good as was the house red I had. Great experience.Special Features:
- Always Delish!GourmandVIPDined on 5/28/2014Food, service and ambiance are always wonderful. Just a lovely place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 773 reviews are from the Red Square Euro Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014very good experience. excellent food and very good service. on of our favorite denver restaurants.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014Great dinner - loved the mussels and rack of lamb and beef straganoff. Lovely salad. Cooked perfectly. Nice wine list. Professional friendly service.Special Features:
- AwesomeAMEPEDined on 5/21/2014Took a girl friend here for our first time for her Graduation and we were blown away! The food was fantastic and their vodka list was awesome and really good. A very laid back atmosphere no pushy wait staff and all very friendly. Definitely a place you can dress up to go to or just where your business casual too. Food was just amazing and the Lamb is highly recommended along with the TartarSpecial Features:
- KobeSimonKobeSimonDined on 5/20/2014Must definitely try the beef stroganoff!!! The staff was very informative and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find DowntownFoodmymiddlenameDined on 5/18/2014Excellent food well prepared for all courses Despite one waiter out ill, the service was still very good and attentive If you are a Vodka lover a must stop for youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2014Excellent vodka selection. Food was very good, creative and good portions. Service was attentive and friendly, but slow. Too long in between courses.
- My new favorite restaurantHarrylVIPDined on 5/16/2014I loved everything about this restaurant...the décor is fun (took us all the way to Russia!) Service excellent--friendly and professional. I fell in love when I ate my first bite of bread and butter. In my experience, if a place has great bread and delicious butter, everything else will be good. That was definitely true here. Perfect Lemon Drop Martini, great appetizer, mouth watering lamb entrée, wonderful dessert, good coffee. I love this place!Special Features:
- Great food, great find!smurrowDined on 5/16/2014Not easily visible from Larimer Street, the restaurant is tucked back in Writers' Square. Bar scene was hopping (they supposedly have tons of vodka choices, though we did not try any). Restaurant itself is small but tables are spaced appropriately. We sat upstairs by the railing. Our server was attentive but not intrusive; he gave some great recommendations (try the banana crepes for dessert!) and the food was excellent. My hsuband had the salmon stroganoff (sounds strange but was delightful) and I had the duck breast, which was cooked to perfection. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, ok foodHappyinCOVIPDined on 5/14/2014I loved the ambiance of this restaurant, which for me is a big deal. However, the service and food were marginal. It felt like they might be low on staff that night since the maitre d was the one serving us. And the food was just ok, although the mashed potatoes were very good.
- Could do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2014Entrees were low quality for the price - used to be much better. Go elsewhere - you'll get better food for the same or lowery price.Special Features:
- Presentation and PersonalityOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. Our waiter had a charming old world persona and made very helpful suggestions. A warm fuzzy evening all around.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealCindiDined on 5/3/2014We visited Euro Bistro for dinner and sat outside on the patio on a warm evening. It was lovely! We were very impressed with the food, which was creative and delicious. The inside dining room was more noisy, so outside was a very nice alternative. The restaurant was packed, and the wait staff were overextended, but they worked so hard to take care of us. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTampaGirlDined on 4/29/2014I went to this restaurant while in town for a convention. We had a large group and we all enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service. We tried a lot of items off their menu and everything was delicious. Our waiter was very attentive and helped us make some great food choices. The vodka offerings were amazing too!! I would definitely recommend Red Square!Special Features:
- very nicechrislDined on 4/27/2014great vodka menu. Food was very good and there was a good amount.Special Features:
- Worst experience ever!AlexDined on 4/26/2014I've eaten here before and the food is usually good. But the guy at the front desk on Saturday night was a total jerk. We got there on time and waited for our table to be ready. Then another couple came and got seated before us - which ended up being the last table. So they put one of the patio tables inside and then tried to seat us there. We told him that we shouldn't be seated on a patio table and he said, "what's the difference?" I'll tell you the difference - the patio table was 6-8 inches lower than a normal table, it's dirty, and I shouldn't have to hunch over to eat on some rusty metal table. So I got up and left. I'm never going here again!!!!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Red Square fare exceeded my expectations. Had been there years ago, and decided to try it again. Had a Living Social coupon, and what a deal. The food was really excellent - best beet salad I've ever had. My husband and I each enjoyed everything. Russian vodkas superb, and a good wine list, too. The prices were more reasonable than expected, too. Our server was a gem. We had a great time and will return!!Special Features:
- UnderstaffedluvgoodwineDined on 4/26/2014We recently went to Red Square to enjoy an early dinner before a show on Saturday. The hostess did not show up that afternoon, so I do think that made a difference. We waited 20 minutes to get a glass of wine and to order our dinner. Once things got started our server did a nice job of bringing out our food in a timely manner and refreshing our drinks. The fish portion sizes were large in our opinion and not small at all as another reviewer pointed out. We enjoyed our experience and will give it another chance in hopes that the restaurant will be fully staffed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and winefeedme2Dined on 4/26/2014and don't forget the dessert! lemon tart. i had the scallops and my husband had the sea bass. everything was well prepared and tasty without being over the top (too foodie). a very pleasant experience on a saturday evening. we had appetizer, wine, entre, dessert and coffee. - when the bill arrived it was clear that the entire experience was a good value.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining Experience!!luv2dineVIPDined on 4/21/2014Food, Service, Ambience--can't go wrong with Red Square Euro Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Awesome!luv2dineVIPDined on 4/18/2014A great dinner experience. From start to finish, awesome. From the warm house-made bread and soft butter to the Prince Edward Island Mussels, scrumptious entree's, just so Yummy. The dessert, chocolate mousse turine with a shot of pineapple and dill infusions, make us want to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRevTomVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was our first visit to Red Square, and it was great. The stroganoff, in not traditional, was outstanding. Everything from appetizers to dessert was wonderful (except we probably ate too much!). The service was warm and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OksanaVIPDined on 4/12/2014A wonderful combo of traditional eastern european food and drink with an extremely modern approach. Food was awesome, service simply outstanding. Great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not EnoughKWwwDined on 4/4/2014The steak portions were adequate. However, the fish and duck portions were small. Was still hungry when finished. The root vegetable medley was almost all brussells sprouts--not squash. Calamari had way too much pepper on it. Menu is very limited. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently top notchIkeBDined on 3/29/2014Our last visit, like the many before, was excellent in all respects. Appetizers, vodka, Irina's Corner Russian dishes and the seafood entrees were again the high quality we have experienced over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.