Red Sea Restaurant
5200 Claremont Ave
Oakland, CA 94618Neighborhood:
EthiopianPrice: $30 and under
Red Sea Restaurant
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.redsearestaurantbar.com/
- Phone: 5106553757
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eritrean, Ethiopian
- Executive Chef: Iyasu Feseha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For a memorable event let us win the heart of your guest with spices from the horn of Africa to your table. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Red Sea Restaurant
Red Sea has been in business since the mid 80’s providing authentic Eritrean/Ethiopian food. We provide the same quality meal that would be prepared in our home. We hold ourselves to the highest standard in introducing the most unique family style meal to the Bay Area. Since the opening of the restaurant, East African cultural integration to the diversified Bay Area population was welcomed with open arms. Red Sea Restaurant has introduced Eritrean/Ethiopian history and tradition in all aspect. Some of the cultures that we value and introduced to the Bay Area deal with family values as well as the idea of sharing meal together. As a family owned restaurant, we strive for excellence and provide the kind of service that would make our costumer come back again. Serving same traditional meal that would be expected in every Eritrean/Ethiopian family would have at home during lunch or dinner. Red sea restaurant has a unique way of bringing families together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Sea Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- MikeVIPDined on 8/30/2014I ordered the house wine and they were out of it. We ordered Humus and they were out of humus. How could you be out of humus at a Ethopian restaurant!!! We will not be returning to this place anytime soon.
- just OKflowerDined on 5/15/2014We have newly discovered Ethiopian food and thought we'd try this restaurant but it was not as good as our favorite.Special Features:
- Delicious Eritrean foodMBauer2VIPDined on 3/5/2014Sweet neighborhood place with delicious food, a full bar, at great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!MrsAyeDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I love this place! The food is great and very flavorful. We love the Kitfo and veggie comboSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and good Ethiopian foodIMREADYTOEAT123VIPDined on 9/14/2013Good food and friendly-good service. Would come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was tasty and unbelievablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013The food was tasty and unbelievably inexpensive. We made reservations but didnt need to. There were just two or three groups in there. The wait staff was friendly but slow and somewhat inattentive. Nonetheless, we all enjoyed our food and drinks. I would go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MrsAyeDined on 6/9/2013My husband and I ordered two vegetarian combos (hot). The food was great, service was good. We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was done well, fullOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2013The food was done well, full of flavor, good portions, and the wait staff was very pleasant and friendly. There is a bar next to the dining area-both has selection of wines and beers (domestic and Ethiopian). easy to find parking, by the bustling Temescal neighborhood.Special Features:
- great food, very nice serviceMarkVIPDined on 3/26/2013great food, very nice service (but slow); sort of a run-down looking dining room, but if you want the best Ethiopian food in this neighborhood (by far), this is the place for you.Special Features:
- nice spot off the beaten path.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2013nice spot off the beaten path. i love this part of oakland -- no hipsters! has a full bar associated with the restaurant so its a good for hanging out.
- Gem at the end of Claremont Ave.BarrancaDined on 9/28/2012A little gem at the end of Claremont Ave. Easy parking, great menu and perfect recommendations. Our server suggested bringing the dishes in a family style plate which was great for browsingall of the items in an easy, fun format.Special Features:
- Bad Services but Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012I had a living social deal. It was not on the deal description, but they required us to get a bottle of wine which was about $24. So, what we got with the deal was a bottle of wine. Also, the waitress did not speak English. I asked for an African merlot first which they didn't have. Then I asked for an African chardonnay which she said they had. What I got was a Californian chardonnay. Beside the services, the food was fantastic.