Red Rooster Harlem
310 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Rooster Harlem
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://redroosterharlem.com/
- Phone: 2127929001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marcus Samuelsson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room Available
- Private Party Contact: Erica Morris x
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment:
On Sunday Gospel Brunch (reservations accepted downstairs in Ginny's Supper Club)
Sunday Night (Jazz)
Monday Night (Rakiem Walker Project)
Tuesday Night (Latin Night)
A word from Red Rooster Harlem
Located in the heart of Harlem, Red Rooster serves comfort food celebrating the roots of American cuisine and the diverse culinary traditions of the neighborhood. Named in honor of the legendary Harlem speakeasy, Chef Marcus Samuelsson brings his passion for food to the neighborhood he calls home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Rooster Harlem reviews from OpenTable diners
565 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (316)hot spot (307)vibrant bar scene (300)fit for foodies (298)special occasion (200)great for outdoor dining (173)great for lunch (168)good for groups (143)late-night find (131)great for brunch (130)romantic (70)notable wine list (45)kid-friendly (38)scenic view (24)Show More
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I was so surprised to get a same day reservation here - I've wanted to go for about a year but figured it was impossible to get in. Showed up about 10 minutes early and the hostess recommended getting a drink because there was a slight wait. Drink menu was amazing, atmosphere and music was amazing. Everyone was dancing and it was only 9 PM. Finally got sat (though didn't mind waiting). The food was out of this world. I'm a girl from the south who loves some southern cooking, and this was some of the best I've ever had. The Mac n cheese, chicken and waffles and pickled vegetable jar (which comes with two tasty sauces) were out of this world. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch gems and gypsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The roasted tomato soup and fried catfish sandwich were real diamonds and not in the rough! The mac n greens with lobster was a gyp.Bitter, overcooked gre ens and microscopic bits of lobster made this dish a real disappointment Lovely selection of wines by the glass saved the day and the donuts are to die for. All in all many reasons to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/11/2014My dessert has a hair in it. Atmosphere was nice... Lots of fashionable ppl in the hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experiencesnapjjkVIPDined on 9/9/2014Dinners are pricy as are the drinks but it was expected before we made our decision. I probably would pass on drinks next time because they were not worth the price. Sangria in a small wine glass should not be priced at $12 nor should a small "specialty" cocktail be priced at $15. We started with the wings, 8 pieces, perfect! For our entrees we chose the shrimp and grits and pork chop. Everything was excellent! Both perfect portions and outstanding flavor. Knowing Red Roosters reputation was our main reason for going and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We were visiting New York and went there for a special occasion. It was a restaurant we had heard about and of soecial significance because of our Ethiopian connections. Interesting though not extensive menu. Food was very good and service excellent. However the live band in the bar was so loud that conversation was almost impossible. Overall good value and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Heard about this place online and had to give it a go. It lived up to its hype. Great service from the minute we walked in the door. Had some wings and cornbread for appertisers, both were great also the sauce on the wings became a bit too much after a few (too many). Ordered the fried yardbird and mac and greens with lobster for entrees and both were amazing. Not a wine drinker, so can't comment on their wine list.Special Features:
- Simply awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Always worried about the hype of Star chefs restaurants but this is the real deal. Amazing food, superb ambiance, loved it!Special Features:
- SuperbFelliDined on 9/8/2014The best restaurant experience in NYC, great food, cocktails, service, vibe and music! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Ambiance, service and food - three good reasons to visit Red Rooster. Be sure to get a table, make a reservation. You dont want to miss it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting betterJacquesSeuratDined on 9/7/2014The food was OK and even interesting, but not outstanding. The service was pleasant, but a bit slow. The noise level from the live band was too loud to talk over. Not a perfect experience- and not inexpensive to boot. I'm glad I ate here- the energy is great- I just wish the food was better. One of our guests was vegetarian and there was almost nothing for her to choose (and be satisfied with).Special Features:
- A Flavorful Hit To Be Repeated50ShadesofFlavourDined on 9/7/2014The Red Rooster is definitely what you would expect from top chef, Marcus Samuelsson. It's not on everyones radar to go to Harlem for dinner, however, you should definitely go and it won't break your bank. Once you step through the door you feel the vibe though it's a subtle one, not loud and overbearing. The wait staff are courteous, knowledgeable and make you feel at home answering my many questions about the menu in detail. We started with the Cerviche and plantains which was flavorful and refreshing on the palate. I then had the most delicious bacon dish with summer beans which from the first morsel had my palate tingling with the sensous spices. My husband had the fried chicken which was moist, tasty and came easily off the bone.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it.BanddaDined on 9/7/2014A place for everyone. Great food and social experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceDaniDined on 9/6/2014the ambience and music were nice !!! We loved the lamb toast and wine !!! I recommend for my friends !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAlphaman1906Dined on 9/6/2014The food was great and so was the service. I'll definitely be coming back to this place whenever I have a date or lunch/dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Awesome!DuncanDined on 9/5/2014We wanted to check this place out since it is a Marcus Samuelsn restaurant. We loved it as much as we had hoped. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent service, great ambiance and delicious food, what more to say! Will be back next visit to NYC.Special Features:
- Special atmosphereLundorfDined on 9/5/2014The best Swedish meatballs I have EVER tasted! Also the dessert was amazing. Simply the best combination of different tastes I have had. Bravo ;-) Great service and kids friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNeilZ1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Great food! Just a gem of a restaurant . Great atmosphere and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelivebleSwedishdinersDined on 9/4/2014Fantastic food and service. We just loved it. Great place to celibrite my wifes 50th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bill haenleintasteful10011Dined on 9/4/2014A no Hassel,great food and very,very good staff. Its a dinning pleasure...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Doesn't Match the Hypefoodie4lifeDined on 9/2/2014The location, ambiance, and staff were all nice, however the main thing: food, was disappointing. This is the second time I've eaten at Red Rooster and the second time I've been disappointed. My main reason for going both times was to support Chef Marcus Samuelsson and it really felt like charity. This restaurant has more "swag" and "swank" than memorable dishes. The fried chicken was drab and flavorless and the ($23) lobster mac and cheese was more like pasta with lobster bits sans cheese. I understand that this isn't "traditional" southern cooking a la Sylvia's, but if you're going to attempt classic dishes like these, you should at least maintain the essence of rich, robust, flavors.Special Features:
- FANTASTICTrickieDickieDined on 9/2/2014We arrived for an early Monday lunch. After much debate, and there was a lot to discuss as the menu was fantastic, we decided we would share a "Chowder", us Britis are used to this being a thick cream based broth with lots of fish and a little bit of shellfish thrown in. Discussion with our very helpful waitress (staff throughout very attentive and ensuring we were ok) we realised we were in for something different. This was a fabulous delight of shellfish - lobster each, succulient prawns, scallops, mussles, winkles in a tomato based brith with vegtables, only disappointment was not being able to finish it! It had us beat in a very satisfying way, no room for sweets (booo). We will be back.Special Features:
- reviewsforfreeDined on 9/1/2014The pork chop was dry, the wine was warm, the doughnuts were excellent. The service was very good: everyone was attentive, helpful and in good mood. It was way too warm in the restaurant, and I usually hate AC. You can get much better food at 60% of the price in a lot of restaurants in nyc.
- Food 10 Drinks 3Dirnyl60VIPDined on 9/1/2014While I really liked the food, ambiance, service. I think the drink prices are a bit high, and service to get drinks was very slow as bar crowd was busy, and there wasn't a bartender handling just the tables. As we were one of first tables seated, seemed a bit slow for this service. Everything else was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/1/2014Stephen was great and the food was absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- For a fun nightEaterOuterDined on 8/31/2014I've never been seated at my reservation time, but it's worth the wait and the bar area is as much fun as the dining area. The food is good, not great, but it's a scene and the wait staff are having as good a time as you are.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was a fantastic meal. Vegetable jar and shrimp & grits were out of this world. Great service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesjenycVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was the first time I've been here. The food was very tasty, I especially liked the appetizers and snacks. I had the fried yardbird, was good, but just slightly bland. I would definitely give it another go.Special Features:
- GreatJadeDined on 8/29/2014Everything was what we hoped it be. The food was great, the wine was wonderful. The dessert was Heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday spot!VioletDined on 8/29/2014I came here for the second time for a birthday dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. The only hiccups were that we had to wait 20 min for a table even with a reservation. But we had drinks already, and the manager came over and personally apologized. The service was good but then our waiter seemed to switch halfway through and then our originally waitress came back at the end. Overall, a great vibe to this spot and excellent dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!JoshdDined on 8/29/2014We had an amazing time at Red Rooster. The staff were very friendly, knowledgable and very accommodating to dietary needs. My wife is vegetarian and they were very attentive and made sure there were plenty of options for her. The cocktails were excellent. I would definitely (and have already started to) recommend people go for a meal. The food was some of the best we've had in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014After Reading the book Yes Chef I wanted to try Red Rooster on my next trip to New York. We were not disappointed! And I'll come when I visit New York again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014This was awesome! I enjoyed the yardbird and the cheesecake dessert was heavenly. I even got a chance to see the owner and he was pleasant, friendly, and down to earth. If you are ever in Harlem, NY, please, please, please go by and have a ball there. It is the bestest!!!!Special Features:
- Good food!svasseDined on 8/27/2014We liked Red Rooster Harlem for the food and the exiting interior. We also liked the kitchen crossover, tastes and the wine list.Special Features:
- Loved Red Rooster!Lvu2eatDined on 8/27/2014Super energetic atmosphere. The food was amazing and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine comfort foodmwagnerVIPDined on 8/27/2014I adore Marcus Samuelson and could not wait to try Red Rooster and I was not disappointed! Everything was excellent from the service to the food and the energy in the room! I can't wait to return! The Market salad was light and fresh, followed by crispy & juicy Fried chicken and then a decadent S'mores dessert. :) Happy dance~Special Features:
- Great PlaceTK11Dined on 8/27/2014the food was great, the service was great. Very good selection of food and beverages. The prices were reasonable. Just a very nice and friendly place. All and all they operate like a restaurants that respects their patrons. I cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit was PositiveArtMDined on 8/27/2014Finally got to go for dinner. First, spent an hour at the bar that was exciting, vibrant, friendly and diverse. Not a big fan of the "communal seating" for dinner that offers little privacy, and kills any romantic thoughts. Anyway, the signature Yard bird was moist, tasty and the collard greens as good as down home. The spicy Tilapia was very fresh and cooked to perfection. Service was very attentive until the place got busy. I will be back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red RoostermnbnycVIPDined on 8/27/2014This one never fails to please. The food and the service are great and it is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentChantboyVIPDined on 8/27/2014And Marcus was have a lunch meeting right in front of me. It was Restaurant Week so it was a steal. The bar is as top-notch as the food.Special Features: