Red Rooster Harlem
310 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Rooster Harlem
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://redroosterharlem.com/
- Phone: (212) 792-9001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marcus Samuelsson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room Available
- Private Party Contact: Erica Morris x
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment:
On Sunday Gospel Brunch (reservations accepted downstairs in Ginny's Supper Club)
Sunday Night (Jazz)
Monday Night (Rakiem Walker Project)
Tuesday Night (Latin Night)
A word from Red Rooster Harlem
Located in the heart of Harlem, Red Rooster serves comfort food celebrating the roots of American cuisine and the diverse culinary traditions of the neighborhood. Named in honor of the legendary Harlem speakeasy, Chef Marcus Samuelsson brings his passion for food to the neighborhood he calls home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Rooster Harlem reviews from OpenTable diners
600 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (341)hot spot (336)neighborhood gem (327)vibrant bar scene (290)special occasion (170)great for lunch (160)late-night find (143)great for outdoor dining (140)good for groups (137)great for brunch (122)romantic (72)notable wine list (47)kid-friendly (35)scenic view (18)Show More
- In the end, a bit of a disappointmentRestreturneeDined on 11/23/2014The snacks and the appetizers were great and bode well for the rest of the dinner. But the yard bird, while moist and juicy, seemed to have been in the deep fryer too long. The desserts were nothing to write home about. Perhaps I expected a higher level of food based on a friends enthusiastic recommendation. He's a fan. I'm less so. Also way too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coolest bar and restaurant on Manhattan!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We were a group of twelve friends that night. We started with a drink in the bar. A lot of people were there and the atmosphere were great. The meny were all round, we had a great dining. I would shurely recommend this place if you like fun.Special Features:
- THE BESTcappyDined on 11/21/2014took friends from New Orleans who know food. They said best restaurant in NY !!! I agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR - Marcus Samuelsson is a geniusAdSmithVIPDined on 11/21/2014I am a huge fan of this eclectic chef and he did not disappoint with Red Rooster. The pork belly was insane, the deviled eggs were TDF and everything else was simply wonderful. I must say, the fried chicken was good but not amazing...thin crust and a bit too much paprika for me, but not bad at all. I rarely return to restaurants, as there are so many great ones to try, but I'd come back here in a hot second! Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic service.luvgoodfoodDined on 11/21/2014My friend and I had lunch at Red Rooster. The decor is colorful and vibrant. Comfortable seating and outstanding service. We had the ccrnbread as a starter, which was a tad dry but came with a delicious tomato jelly. We chose the fixe price lunch for $25.00. Our first course was a smooth and spicy squash soup. For the entree we each had the Mac and greens to which for $9.00 they added some lobster. The pasta was a ziti with a rich cheese sauce. I didn't care too much for the greens, but the lobster pieces were ample and succulent. The final dessert was three sugar doughnuts and they were warm and delicious. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in HarlemrjdsfnyDined on 11/20/2014The food, the people and the whole vibe of the restaurant is so amazing and fun. There is such great energy from the wait staff to the patrons. Every time I am there I am surprised and delighted by how good the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Answer the call of the RoosterJohncDined on 11/19/2014A great place for a great food experience. Everything about the Red Rooster is enjoyable- friendly bar scene, wonderful food,inviting presentation and a very warm welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but windy/cold spot close to entranceLuciana61Dined on 11/18/2014The food was really good and a great atmosphere with a liveband but our table was closest to the outer door and everytime guests entered or left the restaurant, there was a cold and windy breeze which made our stay quite chilly. the restaurant was fully booked so there was no chance of changing to another table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot in the NeighborhoodLegaleagleDined on 11/18/2014Great neighborhhod place- reasonsbly priced with interesting selection on the menu. Have been for brunch and dinner and have not been disappointed on either occassion. Waitstaff is friendly and accomodating, not overly solicitous. Sunday jazz brunch and Tuesday night salsa creates an energetic vibe with mixed crowd, young, old - all seemingly enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 11/15/2014Amazing food, service and we loved the jazz singers and dance later on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will recommend to all my friends!jarreDined on 11/15/2014Did later discover that I had bookings for 2 nights in a row. What happended? Sorry. If I knew we would have showed up for the second reservation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We all loved our experience at the Red Rooster. The guests I brought felt the food was quite excellent. I was slightly disappointed in the saltiness level of my food, especially the rice! The flavors which Marcus works so hard to create were quite new to us and were a real experience. The wait staff was amazing and alll the support staff were so friendly and helpful it was a wonderful evening..Special Features:
- a must for all that love a great restaurantGiorgioDined on 11/14/2014Great service from the time you walk in all the way to when you are walking out. And in between those times you are met with great service and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac and GreensCTheDined on 11/14/2014The Mac and Greens is a delicious blend of two items I never thought of putting together. Great service, lovely place, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must on any trip to NYC!familyDined on 11/14/2014This was a must for our family on our recent trip to NYC and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't have the seafood chowderjuraiteDined on 11/11/2014We had the Harlem chowder. Over-cooked seafood, sandy clams and dry cod (had to spit it out). Did not meet my expectations. Waiter told us the cod can be very dry but didn't do anything about it. Disappointed.
- Red Rooster has a lot to crow about.LittleJohn2Dined on 11/11/2014We went on recommendation of a friend and had reservations for a late lunch. The ambiance is great: vibrant , active, large bar as you walk in. We were seated very close to our reservation time. I had the squash soup with roasted lentils and yogurt as garnish. Which was an epicurean delight. The waitress said there were five different types of squash in soup. It might also had some lime in it. Ordered the salmon dish for entree. Also outstanding as it was served in an orange lentil broth with broccoli. Took the cornbread home and ate later for dessert! The chef has a cookbook that you can buy there and it was also in one of the museums in Manhattan. If you are going to Harlem, put this on your must do list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hype!TamhamDined on 11/10/2014We ate lunch at Red Rooster and it was worth the subway trip! The deviled eggs were delicious as was the butternut squash soup. My husband and I ordered off of the Prix Fixed lunch menu and it was more food than we could eat! Would visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great service, delicious food.MonicaDined on 11/9/2014Great atmosphere, great service, delicious food. Celebrating my 50th birthday and it was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linnieVIPDined on 11/9/2014our table was awful ...too small. surprizingly the dinner menu was not terrific and our selections adequate but disappointing. no where near the great brunch we had weeks before.Special Features:
- Worth the SchleplucyintheskyDined on 11/9/2014Loved the food, ambiance, wine, service, everything. Best Pinot Noir I've ever had (Underwood Sellers, don't know the year) Lamb dish was awesome. Great eclectic flare to dishes. Intersting Ambessa tea. Liked music and photos on wall. Hope to be back although schlepping to Harlem a bit taxing. Came from NJ and combined with another activity in midtown. But worth it with planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCoachmyeDined on 11/8/2014Loved everything I had wasn't too much and want to little.. I will make sure I come back! Service was awesome the waiter was highly attentive I really appreciate that!Special Features:
- MarcusSamelsonFanDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant met all of our expectations! Food was DELISH! Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Absolutely loved the food and the service. Our reservation was at 7:30 but we didn't get sat till 7:50, it was SUPER busy so I completely understand how that happens. We enjoyed some great cocktails at the bar in the meantime. Once we had sat, they brought us complimentary deviled eggs and cornbread to make up for the wait! This was so unexpected and we didn't even mind the wait! Such great service...but really the food is amazing!!!! A MUST MUST MUST TRY!Special Features:
- Harlem GemFoodie2Dined on 11/7/2014The Helga's meatballs was delicious as usual and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulmad4plaidVIPDined on 11/7/2014I expected good food, as this is a Marcus Samuelson restaurant, but everything had that extra punch of yumminess. The squasg soup was especially delicious with the asditon of tart apples. I would recommend the Prix Fixe menu as the choice are wonderful and varied, the portions are generous, and the value is outstanding. Start with the cornbread on offer, it is an extra, but so very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great ambiance, beautiful interior decoration, fantastic food, nice staffSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere, bad serviceSwedensanDined on 11/5/2014The atmosphere and music was great. Though the music was a bit high to be good to talk to in with your dinner company. The food was very nice and added new flavours and taste experiances. The outstanding disappointment was the confused and slow service in the beginning of our visit. The waitreses had a hard time to find us a table even if we had a reservation. It took almost 30 min (!) to get our reserved table, and that without any excuses or compansations. That bittersweet experience followed us throughout the whole dinner. So please make sure to treat your guest better. Best regards, ElinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music can be too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014The music here can be too loud, and a couple of times it was not appropriate for a dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Always a Good TimeGreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 11/3/2014Thank God for this Harlem Gem! It's the epitome of new Harlem culture! Something on the menu for everyone! Great people! Great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good music and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014It was a great experience ith some friends at Red Roosters! Good time enjoying the music, the food and ambience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014I always wanted to go to Red Rooster and this lunch did not disappoint! The catfish sandwich I got off their special lunch menu was delicious -- I couldn't finish it all in one sitting but it was still delicious the next day. The only problem was that our waiter, who was very attentive at the beginning of the lunch, completely disappeared once we got our food. It took a while to get the check and then again for someone to take the check.Special Features:
- Wonderful!SFRNYDined on 11/2/2014The food was great so was the service. The live music was terrific which added to the ambiance. I would definitely return and highly recommend the Red Rooster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding shrimp & grits!!!KrisPDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I ate here last Sunday night after I ran the NYC marathon. I had made reservations 30 days prior and was very anxious to sample all the food. We started with the deviled eggs appetizer and they were delicious! So good that I almost ordered seconds. As for the main course, I asked our server what her favorites were and she said the shrimp and grits the yardbird. I ordered the shrimp and my husband ordered the chicken. It was one of the best meals we have ever eaten!! We tried the doughnuts with the sweet potato filling for dessert and they were a perfect ending to a delicious meal. The service was great and the band played awesome tunes!Special Features:
- Must VisitWoodburnDined on 11/1/2014A great spot in the heart of Harlem. With its unique menu and creative comfort food, you must make the trip. The Express train lets you out steps from the door. Loved the Fried Yardbird.Special Features:
- some were good some were badFullspeedDined on 10/31/2014Shrimp and papaya salad was pretty bad. Shrimp was really fishy and was more like steamed than grilled. Juice was draining all over. Papaya salad looked good but because of the fishy juice drained from the shrimp, it ruined the whole thing. Definitely not worth $16 for it. Appetizer wings were good. Good portion and definitely worth $11.Special Features:
- Very good Service and FoodHakanDined on 10/31/2014We were there on a Friday evening and had a very tasteful dinner with perfec and very nice personal.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and good foodS2eatDined on 10/31/2014The atmospere is fantastic, nice "New Yorkish" restaurant with excellent service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KristallenaDined on 10/31/2014We had a good experience. It was lots of food and good service. We had to wait too long for the beer thought problem with the pump, so we got the beer almost simultaneously when we got the entrees and the wine. The second course came too quickly after the first course so we was not so hungry. We loved the ambiance and the mood in the restaurant!Special Features:
- A great lunch at Red Rooster HarlemRichard45VIPDined on 10/28/2014The food here is really delicious. The service is attentive and the atmosphere is festive. This is such a great part of the New York experience for those of us who live here and for those who are visiting.Special Features: