Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
14 The Green
Woodstock, VT 05091Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodstockinn.com/
- Phone: 8024576671
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Greg Farrell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 side rooms that may be reserved for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: The Red Rooster - Restaurant Manager 8024576671
A word from Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
The Red Rooster, reflects the essence of Vermont in its delightful satisfying dishes and relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant serves American cuisine with a casual sophistication, focused on the simple, fresh and natural culinary heritage of Vermont.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort - Best Restaurants in Woodstock ›
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (22)special occasion (20)romantic (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I stayed at the Woodstock Inn this past weekend and dined in the restaurant on the night of our arrival. We were very disappointed by the quality of food that we were served. Everything came out at lightening speed (which is never a good sign) and seemed like it was reheated not cooked fresh. My husband had a steak that was seared off before service began and then reheated when our order went in. It came to us a grayish color and very well done (mind you our waitress had recommended a medium rare temp). It wasn't very busy that night so we were uncertain of why everything was being rushed. We will not be dining here again when in the Woodstock area.
- KateVIPDined on 10/20/2014We celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday here…her choice. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a fine dining expDave2772Dined on 10/18/2014Was Here for our wedding dinner. Had a wonderful dinner but the staff was excellent. Truly a delicious dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service2fromTroyNYDined on 10/17/2014My seared scallops were outstanding. Due to a medical issue I could not eat one of the ingredients in the "potato hash" that was listed on the menu with the scallops. Our server, Terri, immediately offered to substitute fingerling potatoes which I agreed to and they were delicious. The chocolate cake desert was awesome too.Terri was the perfect server...friendly and accommodating, right there when needed but not hovering.Special Features:
- DudeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Not many options in town, so it might be one of the better ones in the area. Still could use improvement, and someone with a culinary passion/vision.
- MartyDined on 10/14/2014Sorry to say my wife and I did not care for the food and did not otherwise find the experience enjoyable.
- eat2existDined on 10/10/2014The dinner was very good. The service was friendly and accommodating with all requests. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious! Whatever you desired was there. So much to select from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch2quicktoserveDined on 10/10/2014The food and atmosphere were outstanding. The only criticism is we felt a bit rushed. We ordered lunch and within five minutes it was on our table. We finally asked our server if we could have a little more time and she was quite nice in accomodating us but it was unpleasant that we had to ask. Such a nice place should be enjoyed by the diners with time allowed to relax and digest.Special Features:
- Paul StaffordfoodieUKDined on 10/5/2014good food, but restaurant looked and felt very jaded. Dull interior, needs modernising. Comes across as resting on its reputation,Special Features:
- Ambience and Service MissingAndyDined on 10/4/2014The food was good but the room lacked the ambience of what it had been. No table linens, table top made of plastic, room lacked any charm. Service was poor: waiter had no personality, was slow and unresponsive. For what should be one of the better restaurants in the area, this was a disappointment. It was more expensive than the best restaurant in the area, Simon Pierce in Quichee.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My husband's veal was reportedly delicious. My chicken bolognese was mediocre We also had Sunday brunch here and it was pretty bad. Made to order omelet was tiresome to wait for and cold in the center. Hash browns were stone cold. I wanted to give the overall experience 3 stars. But couldn't take back one after typing it in. I would not recommend the Red Rooster to anyone and will not eat here again
- Nothing specialBittyDined on 9/29/2014If you are staying at Woodstock inn, this is a convenient place to eat. If you want great food, go somewhere else. Service was slow and unfriendly.Special Features:
- Dinner.rhchdiningDined on 9/17/2014Attentive service. Great local food choices. Restaurant has its' own garden, so everything was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingluv2eatDined on 9/11/2014All phases of the restaurant were outstanding! Excellent food, good selection, excellent service & very nice ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie1Dined on 8/26/2014Lovely setting, but food was pricy for what it was. Pheasant breast was dry and unremarkable. Scallops were delicious as was the asparagus soup. Service was excellent and our waiter aimed to please. But for the price, the area restaurants do better.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to the Red Rooster to celebrate our anniversary, based on recommendations from family and friends about the restaurant. However, we were very disappointed with our experience. The quality and execution of our food was inconsistent and the service was incredibly slow. Our server admitted that they had the "Monday night team" in the kitchen, which doesn't make a paying customer feel great (especially when this customer drove an hour and paid ~$150 for the meal). It was disappointing that we were celebrating a special day and yet had a luckluster experience.
- Just okayPumpkinDined on 8/20/2014The food is adequate but does not rise to the level of fine dining. The room is lovely and the service is very, very good.
- 2nd visit not as good as firstKG123Dined on 8/16/2014Maybe it was a busy night for them but I did not have as good of a dining experience as my prior visit. Food was good but not great. Service was slow. I love the fact that they have their own garden from which they get a lot of their vegitables but after hearing the servers repeat that speal to every surrounding table it gets a bit old. My experience the week prior was wonderful and I will likely go back but will lower my expectations.
- ExcellenttomschleDined on 8/12/2014We had a great evening talking over a wonderfully prepared meal and quiet atmosphere. The waiter was most friendly and helped to make our evening even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch selectionsD1672Dined on 8/12/2014My husband and I went for lunch at the Red Rooster in the lovely Woodstock Inn. We were seated in a corner table near other couples. Our server was friendly and efficiently took our drink and lunch orders. My husband had the turkey Reuben with a side salad and I had a large salad with greens and strawberries with grilled salmon. Both were excellent, albeit a bit pricey. However, we had to ask for my husband's sandwich since my salad was delivered at least 5 minutes before his meal. A small error since the meal was so good. We would also like small children to be in a totally separate dining area since a few were a bit loud. Keeping families separate would reduce the chance of other diners being disturbed by the noise of children.Special Features:
- enjoyed a wonderful meal.KG123Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed the scallops. Wonderful starters hard to decide what to order. Suggest you save room for dessert as there were some good options to choose from there. Look forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lana44Dined on 7/30/2014It's one more restaurant in my favorite list. Nice atmosphere , great food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom3Dined on 7/26/2014food was very good as was service....restaurant needs dress code ....many customers inappropriately dressed for a nice restaurantSpecial Features:
- KateVIPDined on 7/25/2014Everything was outstanding! The desserts were particularly wonderful.Special Features:
- delicious food, relaxed atmosphereartfuldodgerDined on 7/5/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxed. The service was first rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 237 reviews are from the Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort reviews archive.
- Excellent LunchdunbartonnanaDined on 6/20/2014This was my second visit at the Red Rooster. Both lunches were excellent and I would highly recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vacationJohnDined on 6/19/2014This was our third visit in past 11 months. Love it and we will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We had a good waiter, but he was totally over extended as was the kitchen. We were in the restaurant for over 2 hrs. Hotel needs to plan better. We were there for dinner on 17jun14 @ 6pm. Left @ 9pm. Had a drink at the bar before. Apparently 3 restaurants feeding off one kitchen.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerCTFoodieDined on 6/6/2014For a dinner to celebrate my daughter's graduation, this could not have been more perfect! The room was lovely, the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and thoughtful, and the food was delicious. While set in a New England inn, the Red Rooster is as sophisticated as a great New York restaurant. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Red RoosterGeiselmed14Dined on 6/6/2014Ambiance, appearance, and service were excellent. However, the food (at least for that night) seemed lack-luster compared to the dinner fare I have had at the Quechee Inn and Simon Pearce. The appetizer was a pear-onion tart which was good, but the entree was simpler than expected. It consisted of a vegetable soup with a bland broth and two pieces of flat bread with melted cheese - not a level of sophistication and flavor I expect for the price range.Special Features:
- Delicious foodyogiDined on 4/26/2014The staff was very friendly, and the decor was relaxing. The only problem was they ran out of one of the entrees we had ordered. It was 7 p.m. on Saturday, and I was surprised they were already out of something. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Fine Diningcyber553Dined on 4/21/2014This restaurant/hotel is in an amazing little town and faces the a quintessential small-town park. The building looks rustic but is immaculately well maintained and features a pretty modern design on the interior. The restaurant was fairly large and on a Monday night was almost completely empty. We were not disappointed though - it was quiet, we got attention from our waitress (she made excellent recommendations), and all of the food from the salads to the main courses and dessert was delicious. I was concerned about the food because I had read other reviews saying the quality is inconsistent, but we both had excellent dishes all night. Food wasn't the best I've ever had and felt slightly overpriced, but not too badly. Great ambiance!Special Features:
- The filet mignon was gristlyDaveDined on 4/14/2014The filet mignon was gristly (manager took it off the bill...good). Ordered a hot fudge sundae for dessert and it took a long time to get it and then it was the wrong thing. They reordered and it again took too long to get it.
- The best meal in town!VisitorfromRIDined on 3/22/2014We ate out the first night there at a local competitor , thinking a nice romantic meal. It fell far short of expectations. We wish that we had eaten to nights at the Woodstock Inn. They have two restaurants and we should have eaten at one one night an then the other. The restaurant has a peaceful, sophisticated look with white birch trees the focus of attention. The entree selection was a nice mix of a couple seafood, meat selection and a vegetarian. I like when menus have about 12 selection. I feel like the food is fresh and carefully prepared. All was a delight. At times the restaurant was full & it still seemed relaxing as we were there for an anniversary & were looking for a quiet time. We can be critical when needed... No need here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better service!SBBohVIPDined on 3/16/2014The food was delicious, the atmosphere is lovely and the service was superb. Friendly staff makes you feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm spot on a cold nightdocdaveDined on 3/14/2014What could be nicer than being able to enjoy a wonderful dinner--both food and wine selections are outstanding--and never having to leave the inn where a delightful bedroom is only steps away. Such is the good fortune of guest of the Woodstock Inn. The first night I opted for a steak after the drive north to the Inn and it was prepared as I request and presented beautifully. Dessert of ginger and molasses bread pudding was remarkably light for such a selection. Service was pleasant and the ambience enhanced by the wintery view which was pretty to view from the warmth of our table, especially with the knowledge we had an inside path to our room. We opted to return the next night and were equally pleased with our seafood selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and excelllentJakeVIPDined on 3/12/2014Very good food and excelllent service but not the place to go if you are watching your weight.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but not great.Beachgirl9999VIPDined on 3/9/2014We had a good dinner. I had the salmon and my husband had the braised ribs. We got our appetizers at a reasonable time but it took forever to get our entrees for some reason. It was very convinent for us to eat there because we were staying at the Inn. The Sunday brunch looked very good. The breakfast was very good!Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantBJYMDDined on 3/1/2014The Woodstock Inn for many years was known foe elegant romantic evenings. Since the Great Recession of 2008 they have dialed back the decor to clean modern efficient dining for Hotel guests. The food is good but gone is the elegance of a bygone era. The prices are has high as they were in the old days. Dinner was just not as satisfying with little ones running around.Special Features:
- ClassicProtectedDinerDined on 3/1/2014This is a classic dinner; food was excellent, quality was excellent; all in all worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.