Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
14 The Green
Woodstock, VT 05091Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodstockinn.com/
- Phone: 8024576671
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Greg Farrell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 side rooms that may be reserved for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: The Red Rooster - Restaurant Manager 8024576671
A word from Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
The Red Rooster, reflects the essence of Vermont in its delightful satisfying dishes and relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant serves American cuisine with a casual sophistication, focused on the simple, fresh and natural culinary heritage of Vermont.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort - Best Restaurants in Woodstock ›
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- foodie1Dined on 8/26/2014Lovely setting, but food was pricy for what it was. Pheasant breast was dry and unremarkable. Scallops were delicious as was the asparagus soup. Service was excellent and our waiter aimed to please. But for the price, the area restaurants do better.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to the Red Rooster to celebrate our anniversary, based on recommendations from family and friends about the restaurant. However, we were very disappointed with our experience. The quality and execution of our food was inconsistent and the service was incredibly slow. Our server admitted that they had the "Monday night team" in the kitchen, which doesn't make a paying customer feel great (especially when this customer drove an hour and paid ~$150 for the meal). It was disappointing that we were celebrating a special day and yet had a luckluster experience.
- Just okayPumpkinDined on 8/20/2014The food is adequate but does not rise to the level of fine dining. The room is lovely and the service is very, very good.
- 2nd visit not as good as firstKG123Dined on 8/16/2014Maybe it was a busy night for them but I did not have as good of a dining experience as my prior visit. Food was good but not great. Service was slow. I love the fact that they have their own garden from which they get a lot of their vegitables but after hearing the servers repeat that speal to every surrounding table it gets a bit old. My experience the week prior was wonderful and I will likely go back but will lower my expectations.
- ExcellenttomschleDined on 8/12/2014We had a great evening talking over a wonderfully prepared meal and quiet atmosphere. The waiter was most friendly and helped to make our evening even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch selectionsD1672Dined on 8/12/2014My husband and I went for lunch at the Red Rooster in the lovely Woodstock Inn. We were seated in a corner table near other couples. Our server was friendly and efficiently took our drink and lunch orders. My husband had the turkey Reuben with a side salad and I had a large salad with greens and strawberries with grilled salmon. Both were excellent, albeit a bit pricey. However, we had to ask for my husband's sandwich since my salad was delivered at least 5 minutes before his meal. A small error since the meal was so good. We would also like small children to be in a totally separate dining area since a few were a bit loud. Keeping families separate would reduce the chance of other diners being disturbed by the noise of children.Special Features:
- enjoyed a wonderful meal.KG123Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed the scallops. Wonderful starters hard to decide what to order. Suggest you save room for dessert as there were some good options to choose from there. Look forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lana44Dined on 7/30/2014It's one more restaurant in my favorite list. Nice atmosphere , great food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom3Dined on 7/26/2014food was very good as was service....restaurant needs dress code ....many customers inappropriately dressed for a nice restaurantSpecial Features:
- KateVIPDined on 7/25/2014Everything was outstanding! The desserts were particularly wonderful.Special Features:
- delicious food, relaxed atmosphereartfuldodgerDined on 7/5/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxed. The service was first rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchdunbartonnanaDined on 6/20/2014This was my second visit at the Red Rooster. Both lunches were excellent and I would highly recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vacationJohnDined on 6/19/2014This was our third visit in past 11 months. Love it and we will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We had a good waiter, but he was totally over extended as was the kitchen. We were in the restaurant for over 2 hrs. Hotel needs to plan better. We were there for dinner on 17jun14 @ 6pm. Left @ 9pm. Had a drink at the bar before. Apparently 3 restaurants feeding off one kitchen.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerCTFoodieDined on 6/6/2014For a dinner to celebrate my daughter's graduation, this could not have been more perfect! The room was lovely, the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and thoughtful, and the food was delicious. While set in a New England inn, the Red Rooster is as sophisticated as a great New York restaurant. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Red RoosterGeiselmed14Dined on 6/6/2014Ambiance, appearance, and service were excellent. However, the food (at least for that night) seemed lack-luster compared to the dinner fare I have had at the Quechee Inn and Simon Pearce. The appetizer was a pear-onion tart which was good, but the entree was simpler than expected. It consisted of a vegetable soup with a bland broth and two pieces of flat bread with melted cheese - not a level of sophistication and flavor I expect for the price range.Special Features:
- The following 232 reviews are from the Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort reviews archive.
- Delicious foodyogiDined on 4/26/2014The staff was very friendly, and the decor was relaxing. The only problem was they ran out of one of the entrees we had ordered. It was 7 p.m. on Saturday, and I was surprised they were already out of something. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Fine Diningcyber553Dined on 4/21/2014This restaurant/hotel is in an amazing little town and faces the a quintessential small-town park. The building looks rustic but is immaculately well maintained and features a pretty modern design on the interior. The restaurant was fairly large and on a Monday night was almost completely empty. We were not disappointed though - it was quiet, we got attention from our waitress (she made excellent recommendations), and all of the food from the salads to the main courses and dessert was delicious. I was concerned about the food because I had read other reviews saying the quality is inconsistent, but we both had excellent dishes all night. Food wasn't the best I've ever had and felt slightly overpriced, but not too badly. Great ambiance!Special Features:
- The filet mignon was gristlyDaveDined on 4/14/2014The filet mignon was gristly (manager took it off the bill...good). Ordered a hot fudge sundae for dessert and it took a long time to get it and then it was the wrong thing. They reordered and it again took too long to get it.
- The best meal in town!VisitorfromRIDined on 3/22/2014We ate out the first night there at a local competitor , thinking a nice romantic meal. It fell far short of expectations. We wish that we had eaten to nights at the Woodstock Inn. They have two restaurants and we should have eaten at one one night an then the other. The restaurant has a peaceful, sophisticated look with white birch trees the focus of attention. The entree selection was a nice mix of a couple seafood, meat selection and a vegetarian. I like when menus have about 12 selection. I feel like the food is fresh and carefully prepared. All was a delight. At times the restaurant was full & it still seemed relaxing as we were there for an anniversary & were looking for a quiet time. We can be critical when needed... No need here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better service!SBBohVIPDined on 3/16/2014The food was delicious, the atmosphere is lovely and the service was superb. Friendly staff makes you feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm spot on a cold nightdocdaveDined on 3/14/2014What could be nicer than being able to enjoy a wonderful dinner--both food and wine selections are outstanding--and never having to leave the inn where a delightful bedroom is only steps away. Such is the good fortune of guest of the Woodstock Inn. The first night I opted for a steak after the drive north to the Inn and it was prepared as I request and presented beautifully. Dessert of ginger and molasses bread pudding was remarkably light for such a selection. Service was pleasant and the ambience enhanced by the wintery view which was pretty to view from the warmth of our table, especially with the knowledge we had an inside path to our room. We opted to return the next night and were equally pleased with our seafood selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and excelllentJakeVIPDined on 3/12/2014Very good food and excelllent service but not the place to go if you are watching your weight.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but not great.Beachgirl9999Dined on 3/9/2014We had a good dinner. I had the salmon and my husband had the braised ribs. We got our appetizers at a reasonable time but it took forever to get our entrees for some reason. It was very convinent for us to eat there because we were staying at the Inn. The Sunday brunch looked very good. The breakfast was very good!Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantBJYMDDined on 3/1/2014The Woodstock Inn for many years was known foe elegant romantic evenings. Since the Great Recession of 2008 they have dialed back the decor to clean modern efficient dining for Hotel guests. The food is good but gone is the elegance of a bygone era. The prices are has high as they were in the old days. Dinner was just not as satisfying with little ones running around.Special Features:
- ClassicProtectedDinerDined on 3/1/2014This is a classic dinner; food was excellent, quality was excellent; all in all worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing restaurant in a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/28/2014Firstly, the decorator missed the mark by designing a modern look that is not particularly warm and comfortable and doesn't complement the Vermont village atmosphere.. The ambience is upscale and dimly lit, and the booths so large that waitstaff couldn't reach each place. The service was sloppy and rushed (I always hate to see some places being cleared before everyone is done eating), but the food was nicely plated and the soup hot. They could do a much better job with this location.Special Features:
- InterestingLinnbutDined on 1/25/2014Since you need a reservation I expected the restaurant to step it up from breakfast, maybe table clothes and candles But no, plus the place was empty and they put us at the worst table. Food was good. I prefer the tavern even though it is quite dark.Special Features:
- Special dining experienceACKislandDined on 1/23/2014gorgeous atmosphere coupled with excellent food. The cheese board sampler with local varieties is outstanding. Great for a romantic date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a diverse age groupFoodieDined on 1/18/2014Our food was excellent, the atmosphere quiet but we had a nice room to the side where a one year old cold move around without intruding on other parties. The restaurant is a little sterile but a great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very attentive excellentBobgVIPDined on 1/10/2014Always very attentive excellent service and well-prepared, well-presented very good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pictures don't do it justiceDarksideDined on 12/31/2013The pictures online make the place look like a Denny's.. In Reality we found a very sophisticated and elegant environment ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Woodstock Inn & theMandyobVIPDined on 12/31/2013Love the Woodstock Inn & the Red Rooster! Service great, food delicious, very comfortable surroundings. We shall return again & again : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meallocalgalDined on 12/25/2013We didn't know there were two restaurants at the Inn and so went to the Buffet. We told the Food and Beverage manager we had an Open Table reservation for dinner. We were early. We waited while he had someone look for a table for us. Said there'd be a wait and we asked to go to the bar. He was extremely haughty. Walked us to the bar at the opposite side of the building. Then he found our reservation for the a la carte restaurant (not the buffet). We sat at the bar and had great conversation with another couple so asked if we could have our dinner at the bar. Barman was very accommodating and our meal was excellent. We were marked as having cancelled our reservation though we made a point of telling everyone we were with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous VermontBabsDined on 12/17/2013We were staying at the Woodstock Inn so staying in the Inn for dinner was very convenient. Everything about the meal was absolutely wonderful. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and guided us through all our choices. The food was amazing. We could not have had a better experience!Special Features:
- Rookie waitressNoniDined on 12/14/2013We had pots of tea but no cops for 15 minutes. Squash soup was thin and tasted like salty chicken broth. Salads were good and gingerbread pudding was delicious. The setting was lovely so I would go again.
- Very good food. Lacking in ambienceNewtoniteVIPDined on 11/23/2013For a very good restaurant in a special and historic New England inn, it feels too much like a standard hotel restaurant. We like the setting and atmosphere of the Tavern much better. An upgrade to the decor to something more befitting it's setting would make a big difference in this space. The food and service were both excellent.
- GemJohnDined on 11/8/2013The Red Rooster is great. Had three lunches and two dinners this past week. Great food and servive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableplaytowinDined on 10/26/2013Second visit to this restaurant with same top quality experience. They strive for a'farm to table' menu and hit the mark fairly well. Would happily return when in the area in thefuture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseRoseDined on 10/19/2013Stayed at the inn for a fall weekend and enjoyed the food in both restaurant venues.Special Features: