Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte
4223-8 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redrockscafe.com/
- Phone: 7043640402
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Weatherly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized to any occasion
- Private Party Facilities: Large Private Dining Room for up to 100 people. We accommodate large parties without much fuss; at a better value than most people in our markets. We offer several “private dining” rooms (areas) and menus to accommodate a diverse range of groups with a broad mix of dining options.
- Private Party Contact: John Love 7043640402
A word from Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte
Red Rocks Café is a locally owned and operated, unique American Restaurant. We have operated in the greater Charlotte, NC area since 1992. We currently operate two units. The Original Red Rocks is in the Foxcroft area of Charlotte at the Strawberry Hill Shopping Center, and the newer unit, opened in 2003 is at Birkdale Village in Huntersville, NC. We offer a very diverse menu of appetizers, salads, pasta, steaks, seafood, chicken, and sandwiches. Our wine and dessert offerings are world class. We are unique in that we have something for everyone. No one is excluded due to price or category of food. At Red Rocks you can choose to “eat” or “dine.” Our mission is to professionally and efficiently operate a clean, upscale, restaurant that consistently offers great food and beverage at a reasonable cost. We invite you to visit Red Rocks Café for a great experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (40)good for groups (36)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (25)romantic (18)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (14)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always a good choicetfossumVIPDined on 10/28/2014Does not matter if group or just the two of you great place for a meal and always delicious. The desserts are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I've never had a bad experience at Red Rocks ... it's a true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good; but:AppreciateGoodFoodDined on 10/23/2014Tenderloin medallions:1 of 2 tough; 2 of 2 was " melt in our mouth". Management responded quickly and effectively to the inconsistancy. Room too dark for my taste; light over table lit table well. Food was good. Waiter was very attentive. Layout of dining areas w as well planned..
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencerororeviewsDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were meeting four friends for dinner and although we arrived 15 minutes early our table was ready and we were seated immediately. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, never far away if we had questions or needed something. We were never rushed, which we appreciated. The menu is extensive with good variety. The spinach salad and she crab soup were very good as were our entrees. Seafood seemed to be the popular choice, from moist flavorful crab cakes to sea bass to grouper and even pasta. The atmosphere was conducive to conversation, with lovely lighting and decor. We highly recommend Red Rocks Café, and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightmelsieseatsDined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Red Rocks. It was an especially nice night for early October so we sat outside. They have a huge menu offering something for everyone in our group of 7. Food was delicious and portions are big. I had the southwest ravioli and are group ordered the potato cakes for an appetizer. Both were excellent. I saved room for peanut butter pie for dessert and it was great! They even listed my name as one of the features for the night!Special Features:
- BelleDined on 10/8/2014Took my elderly parents who are visiting - as always, had a delicious well-plated dinner with great service; staff very accommodating.Special Features:
- great mealMama123Dined on 10/5/2014We had a family gathering at Red Rocks. It was great experience. The food was great, service good, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!JanAndDebbieDined on 10/4/2014Visited Red Rocks for our anniversary. Had a great experience! the food was outstanding and the service was excellent. Will definitely go back. Their entree salads are really good.Special Features:
- Questionable Birthday ExperienceRCT104Dined on 10/4/2014Food was tasteless, cold and undercooked. Very Disappointed. Dog would not eat leftovers.
- LynWDined on 9/25/2014Our service was really good, very attentive. The restaurant became very busy and yet, we were not rushed so the table could be "reseated". Good atmosphere whether for small group or larger. Many people were enjoying the outside patio area as the weather was balmy. Have recommended to friends before and will continue to visit myself.Special Features:
- The best of everything!KsfavoriteDined on 9/21/2014Great food, super service- best place to go for a party/event- check-out "named" dishes on menu!- you might know someone a dish is named for- fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishloverDined on 9/20/2014My crabmeat sandwich was delicious. My companion's cheeseburger, however, was in his opinion, "nothing to go back for again." But the setting was very comfortable, and the waiters were very helpful. We'll probably go back there, but try something other than the cheeseburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied MenuphillygalDined on 9/19/2014The food at Red Rocks is good and the menu certainly provides a wide variety. Something there for everyone. We chose a booth tucked in the back to help keep the sound level down. Most restaurants struggle with sound. I would recommend RR to my friends. Comfortable and good variety.Special Features:
- Always goodLovestoeatoutVIPDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed the food,the service and the ambiance. The tuna was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an easy go-toDutchmanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Red Rocks is always an easy go to restaurant for me. Good food, good service, lots of different dishes to choose from. A nice safe bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable - great service and foodsteelmagDined on 9/13/2014We were a large family group including kids, and our server was terrific! We had no problems from appetizers to dessert. Calamari is delicious, steaks perfectly prepared, coconut cake - wonderful! We can always count on lovely service and great food.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryGoodFoodLuvrDined on 8/31/2014We had our 42 Anniversary at Red Rocks Cafe and it was fabulous. The service was very attentive. The food was great. My wife had a steak and crab cake combo and both were excellent. I forgot that she also had a caprese salad. She let me have a bite and the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese with the aged balsamic vinegar was one of the best we ever had. I started with vegetable beef soup and it was very good. The beef was very tender steak. I had the Cajun salmon over a great tomato risotto and had baby asparagus. For dessert we had a super carrot cake with Happy 42nd Anniversary spelled out in a excellent caramel sauce. They had to almost roll us out the door.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014We have had the same server 3 out of 4 times we have dined at Red Rocks. He gives the best recommendations and is very patient with my friends and I as we usually have "girls night out" there and tend to catch up before looking at the menu.Special Features:
- LaneDined on 8/23/2014We love dinning there and in fact we were there with friends both 8/22 & 8/23.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestCheckyourfoodDined on 8/22/2014There are much better choices in the area. The Palm is a much better buy with better food.
- Great service and qualityFrequentDinerDined on 8/19/2014Excellent service and delicious menu for those with varying pallets and dietary restrictions. Went for a birthday celebration and were very pleased, it was a fabulous experience. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMMDKDined on 8/16/2014Found this place on Open Table, had no idea it was even there! Great food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceBigChrisDined on 8/16/2014This is one of those always reliably excellent non-assuming restaurants where everyone will find something they'll really like. However what made this place really stand out for me was the incredible service! From patiently explaining the menu, bringing drinks and appetizers quickly, keeping the drinks filled, boxes (bagged!) for the food, to the manager who was roaming the floor offering some extra scollops for my Grandmother's entree since she mentioned she really liked them. It's not many restaurants that get high praise from my Grandmother, but they bent over backwards for her and kept coming back for more. And they held the doors open while I helped my Grandmother from and to the car--it's the little things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestsuziequeDined on 8/9/2014Gone to Red Rocks for a long time. Never had one bad experience. Lindsey, our waitress was wonderful. About eight years ago, we had our son's rehearsal dinner there. It's still the best neighborhood restaurant in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BSBsDined on 8/9/2014Great place for a large group. Waitress was professional and helpful with pictures, quick with food and drinks. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening out...NancyFDined on 8/9/2014Red Rocks has become our favorite restaurant and it did not disappoint this time. The server was attentive without being obtrusive and the food was excellent. We particularly enjoyed splitting a piece of coconut cake--how do they keep it so incredibly moist? Every bite is delightful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Disappointed in the taste of the food. Sounded much better on the descriptions. Quantity was an issue for the walnut ravioli dish.
- Birthday Dinner at Red RocksDebbieDined on 7/28/2014I took my mom and her friend, along with her friends daughter, out to dinner to celebrate their July birthdays. It was another fabulous evening at Red Rocks! They know how to make a special occasion special! Both ladies were surprised to the specials of the day named after them. Our server, Stephanie was terrific and so pleasant and manager, Will topped it off with treating them to delicious birthday desserts. Thank you Red Rocks at Strawberry Hill for always treating us like royalty.Special Features:
- Great Food!!TommyDined on 7/24/2014One of the few restaurants that doesn't "cut corners" during Queens Feast with smaller portions or limited menu. Great food as always and great service! Never disappoints!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekNKSCVIPDined on 7/19/2014It was our first time here for dinner (had tried for Mother's Day Brunch) and we really enjoyed the meal. Selections were very nice for the feature event but inside the entire menu was also available at reasonable prices as well. We enjoyed our outside seats on a unusually cool Saturday in Charlotte :) !! Great time !!Special Features:
- mariaDined on 7/19/2014The food was Excellent. Our waiter was very informative and helpful. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Restaurant week portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Appetizer portions were very small. Only 2 shrimps for shrimp cocktail. Very disappointed. Letting others know wouldn't choose again for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queens FeastBakermanDined on 7/18/2014While the food and service was pretty good, they skimped on the meal portions. Queens Feast is supposed to be an occasion where restaurants are supposed to serve their regular menu items at a special price to show diners what they would get when they come back again. Red Rocks served only two smallish sized shrimp in the cocktail when the regular serving is six. The tornadoes were two vs three and the dessert was four layers vs six. I know beef prices have gone up but two shrimp? Puleeze!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWilliamVIPDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food and drinks. Service was outstanding and overall experience was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all ate fishKido75389Dined on 7/5/2014Service was quick; server was efficient; kept track of our needs but did not hover. All in all a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!RJAbbeVIPDined on 7/3/2014My family and I frequent Red Rocks as our go-to meal when the in-laws are in town. Good wine, great food, a very competent bartender, and excellent service. We always stick around for dessert! However, my one issue is the creme brulee. My wife is celiac, so the only dessert she can order is the creme brulee, and each time we order it, we hope for the best, but often find it to be soupy and underdone. There is never an issue with removing it from our bill, but it's somewhat disappointing, considering how honestly amazing all of the other food and dessert is. I highly recommend Red Rocks for a family dinner! Aside from the creme brulee, I have never been disappointed by my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 600 reviews are from the Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Pleasant Sunday BrunchouttolunchDined on 6/29/2014Have been here many times over the years, but this Sunday I believe they were trying more for production. We all had the Crab Cakes Benedict. The crab cakes were excellent, unfortunately the poached eggs were more cooked then they should have been and cold. I think they may have been held too long. The sauce was even cool so the eggs didn't have a chance.Special Features:
- LuvrealfoodLuvrealfoodDined on 6/21/2014I have always had a great experience at Red Rocks. The food is very good and the specials are always interesting. Not what you would cook at home, but what you wish you could cook at home. There is something for everyone and the service is always top notch. Good for light eats or full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Go-To" Restaurant in CharlotteunclechuckoDined on 6/15/2014We were seated upon arrival and had a fairly simple time with the menu. Once you decide whether you want seafood, beef, chicken or something else, you've eliminated a good part of Red Rock's extensive menu. Now the choice is so much simpler. We both chose a salad and chicken for the entree. The spinach salad with the hot bacon dressing is delicious. My wife also ordered the "she crab" soup, which she happens to love. It should be noted that they also have salad entrees as well as sandwiches on the menu. Our meal was perfect, leaving just enough room for dessert. She loves the carrot cake and I always order the chocolate cake. Why try something new when you love what you usually order. A great meal, and a wonderful way to spend Fathers' Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchREM828Dined on 6/15/2014We tried brunch at Red Rocks for Father's Day since our usual spots were booked, at least for the large table we needed. I'm surprised that Red Rocks doesn't open for breakfast, because the assortment of brunch items (truly lavish french toast, eggs benedict (several varieties), steak & eggs, etc.) were excellent and would be nice to enjoy Monday-Thursday. Great value, too, with most items $10-14. Red Rocks has sort of a bistro ambience with both indoor and outdoor seating that you wouldn't expect to find at the intersection of two of the busiest roads in South Charlotte. The desserts are awesome, and the coconut cake is the best I've had in Charlotte. Really nice that the owner came over and greeted us - class act! Great job!Special Features: