Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte
4223-8 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redrockscafe.com/
- Phone: 7043640402
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Weatherly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized to any occasion
- Private Party Facilities: Large Private Dining Room for up to 100 people. We accommodate large parties without much fuss; at a better value than most people in our markets. We offer several “private dining” rooms (areas) and menus to accommodate a diverse range of groups with a broad mix of dining options.
- Private Party Contact: John Love 7043640402
A word from Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte
Red Rocks Café is a locally owned and operated, unique American Restaurant. We have operated in the greater Charlotte, NC area since 1992. We currently operate two units. The Original Red Rocks is in the Foxcroft area of Charlotte at the Strawberry Hill Shopping Center, and the newer unit, opened in 2003 is at Birkdale Village in Huntersville, NC. We offer a very diverse menu of appetizers, salads, pasta, steaks, seafood, chicken, and sandwiches. Our wine and dessert offerings are world class. We are unique in that we have something for everyone. No one is excluded due to price or category of food. At Red Rocks you can choose to “eat” or “dine.” Our mission is to professionally and efficiently operate a clean, upscale, restaurant that consistently offers great food and beverage at a reasonable cost. We invite you to visit Red Rocks Café for a great experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (41)good for groups (34)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (30)romantic (23)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Dependable - great service and foodsteelmagDined on 9/13/2014We were a large family group including kids, and our server was terrific! We had no problems from appetizers to dessert. Calamari is delicious, steaks perfectly prepared, coconut cake - wonderful! We can always count on lovely service and great food.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryGoodFoodLuvrDined on 8/31/2014We had our 42 Anniversary at Red Rocks Cafe and it was fabulous. The service was very attentive. The food was great. My wife had a steak and crab cake combo and both were excellent. I forgot that she also had a caprese salad. She let me have a bite and the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese with the aged balsamic vinegar was one of the best we ever had. I started with vegetable beef soup and it was very good. The beef was very tender steak. I had the Cajun salmon over a great tomato risotto and had baby asparagus. For dessert we had a super carrot cake with Happy 42nd Anniversary spelled out in a excellent caramel sauce. They had to almost roll us out the door.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014We have had the same server 3 out of 4 times we have dined at Red Rocks. He gives the best recommendations and is very patient with my friends and I as we usually have "girls night out" there and tend to catch up before looking at the menu.Special Features:
- LaneDined on 8/23/2014We love dinning there and in fact we were there with friends both 8/22 & 8/23.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestCheckyourfoodDined on 8/22/2014There are much better choices in the area. The Palm is a much better buy with better food.
- Great service and qualityFrequentDinerDined on 8/19/2014Excellent service and delicious menu for those with varying pallets and dietary restrictions. Went for a birthday celebration and were very pleased, it was a fabulous experience. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMMDKDined on 8/16/2014Found this place on Open Table, had no idea it was even there! Great food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceBigChrisDined on 8/16/2014This is one of those always reliably excellent non-assuming restaurants where everyone will find something they'll really like. However what made this place really stand out for me was the incredible service! From patiently explaining the menu, bringing drinks and appetizers quickly, keeping the drinks filled, boxes (bagged!) for the food, to the manager who was roaming the floor offering some extra scollops for my Grandmother's entree since she mentioned she really liked them. It's not many restaurants that get high praise from my Grandmother, but they bent over backwards for her and kept coming back for more. And they held the doors open while I helped my Grandmother from and to the car--it's the little things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestsuziequeDined on 8/9/2014Gone to Red Rocks for a long time. Never had one bad experience. Lindsey, our waitress was wonderful. About eight years ago, we had our son's rehearsal dinner there. It's still the best neighborhood restaurant in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BSBsDined on 8/9/2014Great place for a large group. Waitress was professional and helpful with pictures, quick with food and drinks. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening out...NancyFDined on 8/9/2014Red Rocks has become our favorite restaurant and it did not disappoint this time. The server was attentive without being obtrusive and the food was excellent. We particularly enjoyed splitting a piece of coconut cake--how do they keep it so incredibly moist? Every bite is delightful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Disappointed in the taste of the food. Sounded much better on the descriptions. Quantity was an issue for the walnut ravioli dish.
- Birthday Dinner at Red RocksDebbieDined on 7/28/2014I took my mom and her friend, along with her friends daughter, out to dinner to celebrate their July birthdays. It was another fabulous evening at Red Rocks! They know how to make a special occasion special! Both ladies were surprised to the specials of the day named after them. Our server, Stephanie was terrific and so pleasant and manager, Will topped it off with treating them to delicious birthday desserts. Thank you Red Rocks at Strawberry Hill for always treating us like royalty.Special Features:
- Great Food!!TommyDined on 7/24/2014One of the few restaurants that doesn't "cut corners" during Queens Feast with smaller portions or limited menu. Great food as always and great service! Never disappoints!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekNKSCVIPDined on 7/19/2014It was our first time here for dinner (had tried for Mother's Day Brunch) and we really enjoyed the meal. Selections were very nice for the feature event but inside the entire menu was also available at reasonable prices as well. We enjoyed our outside seats on a unusually cool Saturday in Charlotte :) !! Great time !!Special Features:
- mariaDined on 7/19/2014The food was Excellent. Our waiter was very informative and helpful. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Restaurant week portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Appetizer portions were very small. Only 2 shrimps for shrimp cocktail. Very disappointed. Letting others know wouldn't choose again for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queens FeastBakermanDined on 7/18/2014While the food and service was pretty good, they skimped on the meal portions. Queens Feast is supposed to be an occasion where restaurants are supposed to serve their regular menu items at a special price to show diners what they would get when they come back again. Red Rocks served only two smallish sized shrimp in the cocktail when the regular serving is six. The tornadoes were two vs three and the dessert was four layers vs six. I know beef prices have gone up but two shrimp? Puleeze!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWilliamDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food and drinks. Service was outstanding and overall experience was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all ate fishKido75389Dined on 7/5/2014Service was quick; server was efficient; kept track of our needs but did not hover. All in all a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!RJAbbeVIPDined on 7/3/2014My family and I frequent Red Rocks as our go-to meal when the in-laws are in town. Good wine, great food, a very competent bartender, and excellent service. We always stick around for dessert! However, my one issue is the creme brulee. My wife is celiac, so the only dessert she can order is the creme brulee, and each time we order it, we hope for the best, but often find it to be soupy and underdone. There is never an issue with removing it from our bill, but it's somewhat disappointing, considering how honestly amazing all of the other food and dessert is. I highly recommend Red Rocks for a family dinner! Aside from the creme brulee, I have never been disappointed by my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Sunday BrunchouttolunchDined on 6/29/2014Have been here many times over the years, but this Sunday I believe they were trying more for production. We all had the Crab Cakes Benedict. The crab cakes were excellent, unfortunately the poached eggs were more cooked then they should have been and cold. I think they may have been held too long. The sauce was even cool so the eggs didn't have a chance.Special Features:
- LuvrealfoodLuvrealfoodDined on 6/21/2014I have always had a great experience at Red Rocks. The food is very good and the specials are always interesting. Not what you would cook at home, but what you wish you could cook at home. There is something for everyone and the service is always top notch. Good for light eats or full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Go-To" Restaurant in CharlotteunclechuckoDined on 6/15/2014We were seated upon arrival and had a fairly simple time with the menu. Once you decide whether you want seafood, beef, chicken or something else, you've eliminated a good part of Red Rock's extensive menu. Now the choice is so much simpler. We both chose a salad and chicken for the entree. The spinach salad with the hot bacon dressing is delicious. My wife also ordered the "she crab" soup, which she happens to love. It should be noted that they also have salad entrees as well as sandwiches on the menu. Our meal was perfect, leaving just enough room for dessert. She loves the carrot cake and I always order the chocolate cake. Why try something new when you love what you usually order. A great meal, and a wonderful way to spend Fathers' Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchREM828Dined on 6/15/2014We tried brunch at Red Rocks for Father's Day since our usual spots were booked, at least for the large table we needed. I'm surprised that Red Rocks doesn't open for breakfast, because the assortment of brunch items (truly lavish french toast, eggs benedict (several varieties), steak & eggs, etc.) were excellent and would be nice to enjoy Monday-Thursday. Great value, too, with most items $10-14. Red Rocks has sort of a bistro ambience with both indoor and outdoor seating that you wouldn't expect to find at the intersection of two of the busiest roads in South Charlotte. The desserts are awesome, and the coconut cake is the best I've had in Charlotte. Really nice that the owner came over and greeted us - class act! Great job!Special Features:
- Nice Meal and good serviceurgrateDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the service was great. It was a nice quiet evening for us since my husband had just returned from his radiation treatment for cancer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I really loved and enjoyed the birthday lunch at Red Rocks. It was amazing!!Special Features:
- Slow start ends in excellent mealjmr2smr6Dined on 6/8/2014The food was excellent!! Great, varied menu options and reasonable pricing. I had blackened grouper which I would order again without hesitation. Only complaint, our server was a bit slow. She forgot to bring our salads out first and instead brought them out with the dinners. But she did take them off our bill. Overall a good experience but room for service improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the choices!DutchmanVIPDined on 6/3/2014This place is great! I love the choices here as it has something for everyone. Good food and service with a smile!Special Features:
- Different experienceGemstoneDined on 5/25/2014I came with my sister for an evening meal. Heard this place was a good restaurant. Sat on the patio, was greeted very quickly. Food came out shortly after that. Very good speed for the kitchen. The downside to my experience was the service and actual food. We had 1 waiter and all he did was greet and bring us drinks, then another 2 waitresses took care of us the rest of the meal. Our waiter was around but seemed to take care of the other tables and left out table to the other staff. Her food was described as medallions with mushrooms...she had only 1 mushroom on the plate. Her steak was over cooked. The asparagus was bland- no seasoning. Hers also said it had bleu cheese on the steak, however it was mixed in with the potatoes.
- The following 591 reviews are from the Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Red Rocks Cafe - CharlotteMomsDaughterDined on 5/21/2014Great Food and great service. We had Copper River Salmon. it was a real treatSpecial Features:
- Gluten FreeConnDined on 5/13/2014Great gluten free options, wonderful staff and food...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Took my wife there for Mothers Day and could not have been more pleased. Steak was excellent and have a new favorite dessert with the strawberry shortcake/ cheesecake mash up. Will definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Took wife and kids to Red Rocks Cafe - Charlotte and it was a wonderful experience. The price was spot on. The service was outstanding. Our server brought the children a bowl of grapes without us asking. The only recommendation I have for Red Rocks is more breakfast selection.Special Features:
- Always a winner!BarbDined on 5/10/2014Red Rocks has been a 'go to' place for family celebrations for years. I had made the dinner reservation with a note that it was my husband's birthday. What a wonderful surprise when we arrived and on the menu was a special named after him. Very cool touch!Special Features:
- serviceCompleteDined on 5/10/2014Staff, headed by Dante was great. He was there to ensure that food was done as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great servicemsjaye1Dined on 5/10/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and our food was great but getting and keeping our waitress' attention was a hassle. I'm not sure what her issue was being that the restaurant was not full or even half full. Waiting longer than the table next to us for refills, a box, and even our check was just rediculous. I asked the other tables' waitress to fill my water glass at one point. The food was good enough and the other waitress and watching her service of the table is the only reason we may come back but I doubt it. There are way too many good restaurants in Charlotte for us to take the chance to be treated so poorly at this one again.Special Features:
- great as alwayscameDined on 5/9/2014the reservation was waiting for us and the food was terrific as always. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014This restaurant has easy access with ample parking, friendly staff, and very good food at reasonable prices. Our waitress was exceptionally good. She was friendly, kept our drinks refilled in a non intrusive manner, and boxed leftovers. The menu had a nice variety of choices.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner.DateNiteOutDined on 5/3/2014We don't eat out often but when we chose Red Rocks Charlotte, we're never disappointed. Wide variety of menu choices - all good with beautiful presentation. Service is excellent - our waitress on Sat nite was Liz & she was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.