Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village
8712 Lindholm Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redrockscafe.com/
- Phone: 7048929999
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Saturday Brunch: 11:00am- 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm ALL HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Domenic Battistella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can customize a full menu to your needs and occasions. Please feel free to contact our event coordinator Marisa at Marisa@redrockscafe.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several private dining areas and menus to accommodate a diverse range of groups with a broad mix of dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Marisa Salamida 7048929999
A word from Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village, with its comfortable booths, low lighting, intimate feel and jazzy background music, offers a touch of class and a comfortable atmosphere that appeals to everyone. The lively restaurant scene is enhanced by a popular bar and covered patio overlooking the shops at each of the locations. The menu boasts of quality with a variety of steak, seafood, poultry and pasta entrees. Each entrée is named for a famous (or not so famous) customer and adds a personal touch to the varied selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village - Best Restaurants in Huntersville ›
Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (48)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (27)hot spot (24)romantic (21)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (10)Show More
- AliveRRS0Dined on 9/13/2014Very crowded on this September Saturday night. Full crowd, busy, hard to find parking, Great atmosphere, lively Bar, great and welcoming hosts, valet parking, full menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend.FoodcriticDined on 9/12/2014Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Rockin'doughhedDined on 9/5/2014Great restaurant. Excellent food. We made a reservation for 7:30 and was taken straight in. Moderately priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHeshackDined on 8/30/2014Brought my brother from out of state here for dinner. He and all of us could not be more pleased with the food as welll as service. We did not want for anything!!! The she crab soup is outstanding!! We each had a different dinner and all was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPaulDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service. Dessert is always a pleasure and indulgence.Special Features:
- Cool? And lateNotcoolDined on 8/23/2014We had reservations well ahead. We arrived and had to wait an hour to be seated. The air conditioning in the front to side area was bad. It was hot. I suspect we were seated In the hot area as more important individuals had preference to the co back area. I know this as I met a couple of prominent citizens who all went to the back. Not happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun family diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Menu large enough that everyone will have multiple choices. The food is good for the price with very ample serving sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!!!darly7Dined on 8/21/2014The food and service are always good at Red Rocks. However, this time the waiter went well beyond the call of duty. I hadn't remembered to note on my reservations that this was a birthday celebration, but the waiter figured it out and brought my friend's dessert with a candle and Happy Birthday written on the plate!Special Features:
- Thanks for a Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my wife's first but not Last visit. We had a awesome time for our Anniversary.Special Features:
- Red Rocks Cafe - BirkdaleArmyAviatorDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I dined for lunch at the Red Rocks Cafe with another couple. Unfortunately, I would rate the Red Rocks Cafe as average at best. To begin with, the food arrived luke warm. In addition, I have eaten all over the world and have never seen broccoli served with the entire stalk attached. Broccoli is generally served with mainly the head of the broccoli and 1/2 to 1 inch of stalk attached. The serving of broccoli as small and without the stalks, almost nothing. The service was also mediocre. The waiter served the ice tea with very little ice and seldom came around to offer refills. Everyone in the group felt that the meal was substandard, and in summary, I doubt that any of us will return for a second meal.Special Features:
- Great experience!KateDined on 8/2/2014The food at Red Rocks was great! Awesome location but out server was a little slow... Other than that, I definitely recommend Red Rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJollyDined on 7/26/2014Hadn't been to Red Rocks in a while, so decided to eat there this past weekend. Seated us right away and our waiter showed up quickly. I asked about the Bison Burger and he told me there wasn't a bison Burger, just meatloaf. Either they were out, hadn't removed it from the menu yet or he was unfamiliar, but the conversation was a little off putting, I didn't point it out on the menu(it's there). I ended up with the almond grouper which was very good, husband had salmon which was very good as well. Wine is expensive by the glass, mostly because the pours seem much smaller than similar restaraunts in my opinion. Husband got dessert and I ordered mine to go. He brought my husbands to go and mine plated. We switched them out, no big deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekGenArtDined on 7/25/2014It's been several years since I have dined at Red Rocks. I had the tuna and my boyfriend had the steak. Out of the five restaurants we both agreed it came in second for taste and quality. Where the experience fell short had a lot to do with our server who came across as bored and judgmental on the extra items we ordered. My boyfriend doesn't drink alcohol and we ordered the non-alcoholic beer, our waiter smirked at his choice, not professional. (There are some great choices out there by the way beside O'Douls, a place with so many wine choices should pay more attention to other beverages on the menu) Our server continued with his attitude when I ordered a shot of espresso and my boyfriend did not. The service overall ruined the experience
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I expressed this to waitress and she said she spoke to a manager but on a rainy not so busy night, he or she never felt the need to check in with us about our concernsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Not sure if it was because of Restaurant Week, but the service was horrible! Had to ask for water refills and left with empty cocktails for an unusually long time! We dine here almost weekly and we were so disappointed with our service!Special Features:
- Food ok, price high,too much noise!kimrod219Dined on 7/19/2014Restruant week dinner 6:15pm, ordered from regular menu. Booth near the front. Very loud as usual. Mgt appears to think the noise level is a positive. Salads are excellent while centres are average, price is a bit high for the quality, wine list needs a full refresh. Waiter Steve was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyDanFromChicagoDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant reminds me of an airport restaurant. The menu looks enticing but you end up with a bland and disappointing experience. The food was lacking in flavor, appeared to have been sitting in a warmer for hours, and had the texture of being frozen or out of a box. The service was prompt but very apathetic, as if the restaurant's location is what draws customers and service can be delivered at an efficient but bare minimum. I would return here only to sit outside to have a few beers and people watch. Ordering food here is a waste of money though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent as always!! From drinks and appetizers to dessert, everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerEetmupDined on 7/10/2014The food was good and the waiter was knowledgable. We sat on the patio which provided great scenery of Birkdale. RR is not a WOW place to take someone but the food is solid. Our table had Chilean Sea Bass, Prime Filet, Grouper, and medallions. I tasted three of them and all were great. With a bottle of vino and three desserts $250 - not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014We love Red Rocks! The food is great and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLuvtoeatDined on 7/1/2014Very consistent. Always very good! Great service. Desserts are superb! Will make trip there for takeout desserts onlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!BH06Dined on 6/29/2014Amazing steaks, knowledgable waitstaff! Nice atmosphere, great date night spot. The menu has a lot of variety. My husband can be picky but he cleaned his plate. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/29/2014My mom came to town and we drove up from South End to Birkdale for brunch at Red Rocks. She's always a huge fan of RR, but she's never been for brunch. Their brunch menu is not that extensive, but they do offer their full lunch menu at the same time as well.. I tried the crab cake eggs benedict and: eh. Nothing about it really wow'ed me. It wasn't terrible, but not all that warm when it hit the table... I probably wouldn't order it again. My mom, on the other hand, did enjoy her crepes (they looked delicious too!) - even if our waiter didn't want to bring her maple syrup for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's was okay!MyFavoritePasstimeDined on 6/27/2014After reading several online reviews about this restaurant, we decided to come to Red Rocks for my birthday dinner. I was not completely blown away. The food was okay and our server started off on a high note but eventually stopped checking on us as he should have. We chose calamari for our appetizer. Like the fact that the appetizer was cut in steak consistency, but it was not seasoned at all. The entrees were very nice and enjoyed by all in our party. Not sure if I got my money's worth however, we decided to give this restaurant another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!KingpinVIPDined on 6/22/2014Second time there, good food great service right in Birkdale Village. Just moved to the area and this place will be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- Great eveningThegoodlife2Dined on 6/21/2014Took the family out on a beautiful Saturday evening to a favorite eatery. It is tough to beat the Birkdale atmosphere when coupled with a varied menu of tasty offerings and attentive service. Red Rocks is part of our regular rotation as it never fails to please. Don't miss the awesome dessert tray, especially the incredible coconut cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolinagirlDined on 6/21/2014Food was fair. My salmon was dry even with a lite lemon sauce. My husband's ribeye was bland. Our service was very enjoyable; our waiter was very attentive and personable. The resturant was gathering place for locals. It was loud and very crowded bar scene. It was very warm which we complained about but never felt relief. Not sure I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puppy0803Dined on 6/21/2014I had their tuna and avocado appetizer and it was delicious! Definitely will return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Father's Day not so greatDandDVIPDined on 6/15/2014I love Red Rocks, but.....this time we were there for Father's Day brunch. The food was waaaaay not worth the price. I could not even order what I wanted and I had to pay way more for a way lesser meal! Not worth it for the brunch, at all. We enjoyed the time together but regretted the crazy cost! Kind of put a damper on the day because it was soooooo not worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent selectionsluv2dine2Dined on 6/15/2014The best fathers day buffet style brunch in town. We had a great time and the food was amazing. We especially loved the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair experienceAnonymousDined on 6/14/2014While I've dined at this Red Rocks numerous times, this time seemed a bit off. We were a party of 3, and we were seated next to a large table of 12-15 people - I should have spoken up, but didn't have a chance. At first our wait person was personable, presented the specials. But as time went by, they seemed to run out of patience and became rather short with us. Guess they just wanted to get off the clock quickly, but I felt quite rushed to order and to eat. Dinner was good - I always like their seafood dishes, although the plating was quite bare. The fish was ample sized, but the sides were minimal and just piled under it. It didn't look as well as it tasted - perhaps a bad night, with graduations, etc going on. But I'd return.Special Features:
- DonBDined on 6/13/2014We had a great time here. Food was excellent and everyone enjoyed it. Desserts are to die for. The wait staff was attentive and speedy, even on a busy Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, but no. I'll go elsewhere.beentheredonethatDined on 6/12/2014Too expensive for equal quality foods with less cost elsewhere , the waiter was very pushy towards particular entrees, and a request for a special dessert and never received a response nor was the request completed.
- not impressed. ..ellyelDined on 6/8/2014I went with a large group because I heard this place was pretty nice. The food took forever and my crabcake and mashed potatoes were almost warm by the time it arrived and it was fairly tasteless. The restroom was grose! I really expected more from this place. I dont think I would return.
- Sunday DinnerDonaldDined on 6/1/2014We were asked to try to Copper Salmon and was told how different it was in taste and looks. It had a pretty reddish pink color and seemed, by sight to be a tasty piece of fish. It was however drier that the regular salmon. It was supposed to be cooked medium and it didn't appear or taste tender at all. The flavor was different but did not WOW me or my wife. I would not recommend it for additional $10. The regular salmon cooked medium would be just fine. Other than that, the restaurant is Great. I enjoy the entree's especially the dessert.Special Features:
- ExtraordinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Everything was wonderful, food was delicious, service was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and informative and the separate room was perfect for the occasion giving the group some privacy from the rest of the guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 651 reviews are from the Red Rocks Cafe - Birkdale Village reviews archive.
- Would return.BocaGrandeDined on 5/17/2014We were passing through town and booked this restaurant thirty minutes ahead based on Open Table reviews. Staff was courteous, greeted us by name, and took good care of us throughout the meal. The wine selection pleased us. Our salads were very good - mine a baby greens salad with pomegranate vinaigrette dressing. Kathy had a steak salad. I ordered the ribeye. Both meats were prepared at just the right temperature. Yes, we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceRuthieDined on 5/11/2014Our waiter Lawrence was superb. We were a party of 6 with a toddler and he was attentive informative and funny. Definitely a great choice for our Mother's Day lunch!Special Features:
- Great food but music too loudRebelDined on 5/11/2014Red Rocks Cafe has great food and their desserts are absoulutely amazing. Unfortunately, the ambient music was too loud to the point where I could not hear my fellow diners across the table. I don't mind background music, but it was just too loud.Special Features:
- Overpriced MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is way over priced for charging an exhorbinant price for a simple, plain buffet meal. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone.