19 Fulton Street
New York, NY 10038Neighborhood:
South Street Seaport
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redrestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125715900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Santiago Moran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for private parties options.
- Private Party Contact: Ridgely Trufant 2125715903
A word from Red Restaurant
Located at the South Street Seaport in New York City’s downtown Financial District, the striking design of this restaurant evokes the colors and spirit of the American Southwest. Enjoy great cocktails and appetizers at Red’s hopping bar or a fantastic Mexican meal on our sprawling outdoor patio. We accept reservations for inside only. If you would like to dine outside, please make note of your request and we will try to honor it, but we will only guarantee the inside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Red has an excellent waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2012Red has an excellent wait staff who make you feel at home. Decent food and drink, outdoor or indoor dining as you please. Met a friend for dinner and the staff made the evening extra fun.Special Features:
- Service Kills a Good Mexican MealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2012Red could be good and have a lot more fans if they realized that there are people who actually live nearby who would regularly enjoy their nice, casual vibe and fresh, bright Mexican food. However, the wait staff treated us like tourists they would never see again. Sloppily dressed waiter gave us a sarcastic, stand-up routine as a greeting and did absolutely nothing to try and turn us on to the food. He clearly felt he was way to cool for this job! When the bill came, we questioned the wine charge. He acknowledged we had been overcharged, and blamed the error on someone else. He then dug into his pocket and handed me two dollars. Needless to say, will not be back and certainly would not recommend Red - even to a tourist!
- The $6.00 beer in a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/19/2012The $6.00 beer in a small plastic cup is a total rip-offSpecial Features:
- Food was wonderful and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Food was wonderful and the waiter was very accomodating to our food needs.Special Features:
- Had an early dinner at RedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Had an early dinner at Red on a Saturday. The Margarita's were great so was the food. It was a beautiful afternoon and we got to sit outside which was nice. Overall we had a good experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Color Me "Red"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012We have been looking for a quality Mexican (TexMex) restaurant since leaving Houston, Texas and moving to New Jersey. We have been consistently disappointed at the several restaurants we checked out. From the excellent and abundant chips and tasty salsa to the delicious entrees, our family of 4 was thrilled to finally have a positive Mexican food experience in the NY/NJ area. We also had great service. We certainly plan to come back to Red and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Our first time at this restaurant.JohnDined on 5/27/2012Our first time at this restaurant. Very good value, service, and food. Will visit again.Special Features:
- We have been to Red 3-4 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2012We have been to Red 3-4 times over the last year or so. Each experience had been very positive - good food & service. Saturday's experience was not good. Food was good as always, but service was horrible - probably the worst I have ever experienced in a NY restaurant. The restaurant was not busy inside or out, but it took 15 minutes to get a water. Thankfully we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- We had a really nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2012We had a really nice time here a year ago, but on this last visit our food was cold, drinks were small, service was poor and the food wasn't even that good.
- The margarita's are great!RacquelADined on 5/5/2012The margarita's are great! Good place to meet with friends, eat good food and have a great time.Special Features:
- Excellent service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2012Excellent service, good food, and reasonable prices. I brought my staff out for lunch to Red's and we all had an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Great margaritas'! But theyDivieDined on 2/25/2012Great margaritas'! But they pack a punch. I highly recommend the carne asada brava if you like red meat.Special Features:
- Huge pet peeves are when itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2012Huge pet peeves are when items are sold out in the menu. I was immediately disappointed in the ambiance as it was not what was expected from the Open Table pictures. I es expecting more intimate and upscale menu and service in vein of Sinigual restaurant. But it was a cheesy decorated lightly themed mexican restaurant, with an expensive rent space. The most aggravating thing that happened there was paying 15 dollars for table side guacamole, only to have the gentlemen who speed up along the easier what to do and a refresher on how to make it. Then it became an expensive DIY as he asked us gore much to place of each ingredient. That meal, plus two sets off fish tacos, 2 beers and 2 margaritas equaled $90 a ruined evening
- Nothing special. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2011Nothing special. The food and the service were average. We sat upstairs because it was quieter, but frequently had to run downstairs to get the waiter's attention. Food was decent quality. It was served on time and tasted good.Special Features:
- Located @ the South StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2011Located @ the South Street Seaport... looked vibrant from the outside, because no one was inside. Sat out and ordered guacamole for appetizer, and they were OUT?? what mexican restaurant is out of guacamole??? Food was ok, nothing special. Server was biting off more than she could chew. Why do these servers want to impress with their memory?? Write the darn order so you don't mess it up!!
- Went to Red Restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2011Went to Red Restaurant for lunch. Very good prices and located right in the heart of the South Street Seaport. Will definitely eat here again if I am in the neigborhood.Special Features:
- Red Restaurant on Fulton StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2011Red Restaurant on Fulton Street is great in the summer for outdoor dining or drinking depending on your company. If you like spicy the menu is made especially for you. In lieu of a notable wine list they carry a variety of tequilas that will surely liven the night. After dinner you can take a nice stroll to the seaport and enjoy a nice harbor view.Special Features:
- South Street Seaport Gem!NYCGirl25Dined on 6/3/2011Red Restaurant is located in the popular South Street Seaport. Most of the restaurants there are tourist traps but Red never disappoints! I work in the area and visit the restaurant a few times a year with my coworkers for special occasion luncheons. Their frozen margarita is one of the best in the City and a perfect compliment to all the dishes. The indoor seating is plenty since seating is two floors and on a nice day, it's great to sit outside and for some sun and people watching. It's great for families and large groups. I've been to the other restaurants in the Seaport area but others are clear tourist traps since the food is terrible and overpriced.Special Features:
- Forget everything else! RED rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2011My wife was tantalized the moment we walked in. We're native New Yorkers and she's always wanted to try the cuisine at RED. Both the food and beverages were outstanding!Special Features:
- Fun dinner. We were quicklyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/11/2011Fun dinner. We were quickly seated and drinks came fast. Waiter asked if the kids needed their food before us which was nice. Entire meal came much faster than we thought. Margaritas were very strong. Great experience, we will be going back again.Special Features:
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2011The food was really good and different tahn most mexican places i've been to before. The decor was also really cool and trendy.Special Features:
- Coffee so bad that even theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/9/2011Coffee so bad that even the waiter warned us about it (I didn't listen). Flavors listed on kid menu mostly unavailable. Food was fine, a little goopy (soggy nachos, lots of salad dressing). but view is unparalleled for people watching and ceilings are high and it's sunny--great break from the blustery winter out there! though maybe just for snacks and lots of margaritas.Special Features:
- The food was OK, but the serviceInvitingVIPDined on 11/26/2010The food was OK, but the service was very slow. This was due to staff calling off for the day.Special Features:
- delicious food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010delicious food and friendly service. great for outdoor dining that doesn't feel too crowded.Special Features:
- Good service, great food..greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2010Good service, great food..great location for lunch meetings.Special Features:
- Third day in a row we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2010Third day in a row we have eaten here because the kids love it so much--I love it too, great sangria and such attentive and pleasant service. I am sure to return, with and without my kids--if you're in the Seaport, this is a great place for lunch!Special Features:
- The food was good. I had thepdaNYDined on 8/20/2010The food was good. I had the enchiladas verde. They were definitely fresh. The drinks were good, but very strong ... if that's what you like. Sent the drink back once only to get a watered down version of the first. It was a gin and tonic with a lime, get with it! I drank the drink after the waiter agreed to replace it again because I could only imagine what would have come to replace it. I give the food four stars because my friend said the margarita was really good and the food was good.Special Features:
- This is a great location.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2010This is a great location. The price of the food is excellent. The food taste excellent and the restaurant was clean. The only thing I didn't agree with is the wait staff seemed to be only concerned with there section. I've been to many great restaurants the key is operate as a team. My waiter had 3 tables going at the same time and had no help.Special Features:
- we were there and it ws prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2010we were there and it ws pretty empty..end of summer Hamptons syndrome but the food was pretty good. The first two things we wanted to order on the menu were not available..so, thatis a negative..otherwise not bad for the buck. Fine to bring kids which we did.
- Lackluster on this visit.HMJAVIPDined on 7/20/2010Lackluster on this visit. So-so food, mediocre drink and uninterested service.
- Ok so RED was not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2010Ok so RED was not the best pick. I thought with rave reviews it would have been better but it was not. The restaurant was freezing yes it was the summer but we had to as to lower the ac as it made our appetizers cold. They had the nerve to check IDs but there was a family with 2 kids(confusing). The wait staff did adjust the temperature when asked but wow our waiter disappeared& another really nice average height African American waiter(I want to say his name was Dave/Dan but I could be wrong,but he had a slight accent) came over&helped with what ever we wanted. Now if the rest of the staff was like him I might go again even though the chicken burrito I had was sub par. Chipotle is way better. Decor was ok.But that big tree stumpSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed a wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2010We enjoyed a wonderful lunch of Quesadillas Mi Bandera which was a special and included three excellent quesidellas. They were excellent as was the quacamole that we choose. We topped it off with smoothies and some delicious cookies. This was all served to us by a most charming waiter, Joshua, who was very helpfulas well as an excellent server. We definetly look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very empty,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2010The restaurant was very empty, yet twice they screwed up our order, in a small way, but annoying.Special Features:
- Nothing special. The guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010Nothing special. The guacamole had WAY too much onion in it. That's all you could taste! The margarita wasn't good either. Food was ok--nothing special.
- Food was good, always consistent.JHinesVIPDined on 4/7/2010Food was good, always consistent. The service this time in was outstanding.
- Food was good. Service wasJHinesVIPDined on 4/1/2010Food was good. Service was OK ... We had to ask for water two or three times before getting a refill. It was a little frustrating but all in all a good experience.Special Features:
- I found it pretty good. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2010I found it pretty good. One diner who accompanied me wanted a display of rolls or bread which they didn't have but I don't eat that anyway. I LOVE their Grilled Chicken Sandwich.Special Features:
- Took a coworker out for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2009Took a coworker out for lunch to celebrate Christmas, we sat by the window looking towards the Christmas tree, it was a great way to start the season. The food and service was Great. The reservation request was honored - sitting by the window :) - I will definately go back. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- The food is good. This time,HighEndFoodieVIPDined on 12/3/2009The food is good. This time, I did not have an experience like I have had in the past. The service was not too good and the food tasted differently.Special Features:
- The food was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/8/2009The food was excellent but the drinks were too pricey for their small size.Special Features: