3 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rednj.com/
- Phone: 7327413232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00-10:30pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00-11:00pm, Sunday 3:00-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Yegelwel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: red Restaurant and Lounge offers sushi catering!!! Please visit the website or call the restaurant for more information! Our sushi chef will prepare the freshest of sushi for your event. We can recommend the amount of pieces to suit your party and provide convenient pick up times to keep the optimum level of freshness.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200, with a variety of passed hors d'oeuvres and platters. We can also customize our menu for the perfect multiple course dinner. The Events Coordinator will work with your to make your event perfect and everything you want it to be!
- Private Party Contact: Kiera 7327413232
- Entertainment: "Join the Club"
Become a member of red's wine club and receive 50% off bottles every Tuesday and 25% off the rest of the week.
Monday: Choose from a list of 20 wines by the bottle for $20 each.
Happy Hour in the lounge 4-7pm.
Tuesday: 50% off bottles of wine for wine club members. FREE corkage for wine club members.
Happy Hour in the lounge 4-7pm.
Wednesday: 3 course menu for $30.
Happy Hour in the lounge 4-7pm.
Thursday: Tapas menu available.
ALL NIGHT Happy Hour.
Live Jazz in the upstairs lounge 7-10pm.
(See website for schedule)
Friday-Saturday: Happy Hour in the lounge 4-7pm.
DJ's in the lounge 10pm-1am.
Sunday: 1/2 off glasses of wine and pitchers of sangria.
Happy Hour in the lounge 4-7pm.
- Special Events: Bridal Showers, Birthday Parties, Corporate Functions, Anniversary Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Bar Mitzvahs... any and all events will be given the time and attention they need. We customize any and all events to fit your needs!
- Cross Street: Front Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking up and down Broad Street, but for those looking for a "sure thing", there is a 5 story parking facility located 200 yards from our front door. It is located on the corner of West Front Street and Globe Court and costs $5.00. Please see the website for directions.
A word from Red
Experience our New American cuisine in the warmth of our sophisticated, multi-tiered restaurant. After dinner, venture upstairs for a drink in our sleek, comfortable lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Red reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (12)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (8)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Night on the town!LoveDined on 9/12/2014Love it! Had a great time with my BFF!! Definitely will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Stopped by on a Sunday evening coming back from the shore. Had a great table for watching the Ferrari's pass by on the street. Sushi rolls were very tasty, tuna was fresh, and service was great. One of our party had forgotten to mention she had a sesame allergy and the waitress took back the sushi roll and had a new one made without the sesame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Best dish was ceviche (a special) - others were tasteless: an arugula salad with fried goat cheese was drowning in dressing; the rabbit special was dry, greasy and bland; the lemon pepper tuna was better - but again, little taste. Asked for a second glass of wine which came 10 minutes later, after I'd finished my meal. Even the bread tasted a day old. Not sure why this place got high reviews on yelp and other places - we are not going back.
- Alway deliciousLuv2dineDined on 8/18/2014We had a great meal once again here, we also try the $20 wine special on Monday night and the wine we had was very good. The young man that was our server was a delight, personality was great, will see him and Red again soonSpecial Features:
- parttimecoasterparttimecoasterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was wonderful--the service as well as the food - with ONE glaring exception--- the restaurant is TOO DARK--- we sat upstairs and everyone whipped out their smartphones to use the flashlight app so that they could read the menu. Trendy? I don't think so. It just seemed silly to me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014Sushi, lobster tail, fillet mignon............wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- A DisappointmentDiningdivaDined on 7/17/2014The service and wine list were fine, but our dinner was a disappointment. Two in our party had the grouper, which was good, but the portion of risotto was so small they could just about find it. My friend and I had the orange roughy. It's hard to comment on the taste, while it was rather fishy, the portion was so small it didn't really matter. The a la carte side dishes were really good, and thank goodness we ordered them so we at least felt as if we had eaten a meal. For a rather expensive dinner, we expected far better.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timelocalresidentDined on 6/29/2014We're local and dine here quite often. The last couple times we've eaten here the service hasn't been very good. It was as if we were last on the staffs list, very inattentive. Took way too long to come to our table, didn't pay attention when we ordered and brought us incorrect items, had to ask twice for the same thing because the server admitted they forgot. Since it was a low key evening the last time we were in, I have no idea why the service was so lacking? The food was pretty good and we like that they changed up the menu a bit, but whoever runs this place better address the staff issues. The who cares attitude and lack of professionalism is going to do nothing but cause RED to lose business.
- Service getting a bit sloppy...TomMDined on 6/28/2014Have been here many times, and Red is one of our favorites. Food was great as usual but service was... Well sloppy. Waiter was very friendly and courtious, but was rarely around. Had to ask the manager for drinks. Never did get bread. Ordered a 2nd bottle of wine with dinner which came after the 4 of us were done. Sent it back and ordered 2 after dinner drinks. Then the surprise... Waiter came back with 3, said the bartender poured an extra. I figured, he's going to make up for the weak service so far. No such luck, server gave us our 2, toasted us and drank the 3rd in front of us!! Then charged us for 2nd wine bottle! Will probably give them another chance, but if we have another episode like this, we'll be crossing Red off our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service.fandoxVIPDined on 6/28/2014When we arrived, we were seated at a table for 2 between two parties of 6. Needless to say, it was very loud. I immediately asked to be moved and the host obliged without question and we were seated in a much quieter area. Our server Brian was attentive and on point with the recommendations. The appetizers were great but the entrees were a bit small. All in all, the food was very good and the service was great. I would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red's menu is seasonalfinginDined on 6/14/2014Thought the food at Red's was good. One of my guest's ordered the octopus salad and was disappointed in the amount of food on the plate for the price and thought the octopus was tough. Other appetizers were delicious along with the cocktails. Two of my guests had been there in the fall and didn't realize that the menu changes with the seasons. I had the soft shell crab for dinner tempura style. I would have liked a choice on how to have it (sauted).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth bragging over but not baddplacerDined on 6/14/2014Making reservations on OpenTable.com was very easy. Once we arrived, we were seated right away. We sat in the upstairs loft area where it was quiet at first. The service was very good overall. The food; however, could use some improvement. My boyfriend ordered the special porterhouse steak with onion rings and potato slices. The steak was dry and the potato wedges were unremarkable. The onion rings were in a nice light batter and were very tasty. I ordered the crab stuffed lobster special. It was accompanied by a peach risotto. The lobster was very small and the risotto was a little smooshy. I will say that the pricing was reasonable. Considering all of the other dining options in town, I go somewhere else before going back to Red.Special Features:
- Excited to come backAmustdineDined on 6/11/2014From the moment my wife and I walked in we were greeted with VIP service. We were welcomed by the host who didn't hesitate to confirm our reservation and offer to seat us or if we would like drinks in the lounge first. I felt that was first class all the way. We didn't feel rushed to sit at our table. Very refreshing. So we went to the lounge to enjoy a cocktail. When we finished our pre dinner cocktails we returned to the host and she didn't hesitate with our reservation. The table was ready and we were sat as soon as we were ready. Once we sat we were greeted by Beth who was cordial and personal. We never felt rushed and Beth walked us through the menu guiding us to solid choices. We will return very soon. Price was on point.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Red BankJerseygirlDined on 6/5/2014Another amazing dining experience at red starting with the perfectly made Cosmo from the always welcoming bartender Kim. Warm goat cheese salad with their fabulous bread and flavored butter and dipping oils. Shared the Thursday night tasting menu which was shellfish, every course was one better than the next. Tried the squid ink pasta for the first time, as good as the pasta I had in Italy. I love the ambiance of red; it is warm and casual, but elegant. I have dined many times in the restaurant, held business dinners, and social events and never been disappointed. The staff is always friendly and goes out of their way to accommodate requests and make your experience a pleasurable one. Red is a standout restaurant in our area.Special Features:
- BummerFoodieDined on 5/25/2014We ordered sushi rolls and they were terrible. Hard to chew and the tempeh did not taste fresh. The service was just OK and the table bussers kept coming over to clear our plates before we were done. It is so rude to clear plates when someone, even one person, is still eating. This place was a real disappoint.Special Features:
- The following 363 reviews are from the Red reviews archive.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014We have been to this restaurant many times for dinner with a very positive experience. This time we went for Mother's day lunch and the experience was not good. Firstly after booking ahead we were pushed to the dark upper landing. We asked to be moved however we were told the restaurant was booked up. The restaurant never filled up beyond 60% so we could easily sat in the main area. Secondly, service was very slow. Appetizers took 30m, Entrees took 1h15m for two salads and a steak. We didn't stop for deserts. As for the quality of the food, the shrimp and steak salads were OK however the fried goat's cheese appetizers were overcooked and cold. Bottom line, go for dinner, not for lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Food was a little lacking in flavor. Ordered Figs in a Blanket. Puff pastry around fig was doughy and gorgonzola sauce lacked any bite of gorgonzola. Disappointed because pairing sounded delicious. Red Salad however was very good. Had the steak frites it was moderate. Husband had the specials; cucumber soup was excellent but snook with lobster risotto again was a a little light on the flavor.Special Features:
- Once more rewardingCriticallyhungryDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I have been going to Red Bank for dinner for well over ten years. Given the fact that we live 45 miles away, and the parking is catch-as-catch-can we look forward to a satisfying experience each and every time we visit another of the 100 + restaurants. We rarely eat at the same venue twice, since we are mostly interested in trying new cuisine or venues. Red did not disappoint us. We will at some point go back a second time. We and our guests found the atmosphere conducive to a relaxing and lovely meal. This is not to say that the restaurant was akin to "Sleepy Hollow". The bar was very lively the entire time we were there. Our waitress could not have been more accommodating and the food was worth the price and the wait.Special Features:
- Disappointing!!NotHappyVIPDined on 4/21/2014This was my second visit to Red. My first visit was on a Friday night summer last year. At that time, the restaurant was busy, vibrant and the food was excellent. This time (a quiet Monday night)....how can I say it nicely .... my experience did not come close to last summer's experience. The $20 bottle wine special list was unimpressive. I chose the Renwood Cab. eh! I would not recommend the sushi rolls (Broad Street & Reckless Place). Both were tasteless, indistinguishable, seemed not freshly prepared. The roasted salmon was merely ok. No need to continue. However, the service was top notch .... no complaints! Bottom line: with all the wonderful eateries in Red Bank, it will be a very long time before I give Red another chance.Sorry
- Red Is Always Great!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/7/2014Great dinner at Red. Server was friendly and efficient...made an excellent suggestion for an appetizer. Food was great...nice size portions...barramundi special was tasty. Monday night is $20 for a bottle of wine...fantastic deal. Have dined at Red many times and will definitely go back!! Only suggestion would be to have a more diverse dessert menu...kind of boring... so my husband and I only ordered a coffee and a cappucino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014red consistently provides terrific food in an upscale yet comfortable manner. The service was attentive and overall the experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good all around food and atmospheredeliDined on 3/29/2014good all around food and atmosphere. the duck taco was great. very friendly and attentive staff. great place to sit and talk. they did not rush you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcernedSandyWDined on 3/23/2014This has been one of my favorite restaurants in my community and I feel that the dinner was very poor. The salmon was barely edible. I hope this was an aberration.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodJorgeDined on 3/22/2014The ambience was nice and the service was great. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!!!LeenaDined on 3/1/2014We don't remember this place being so spectacular...is there a new chef in the house? The wine list was great - we had a Syrah from Sonoma. The appetizer list was hard to choose from because everything looked so good. We finally decided to split the lobster rolls. They were sensational! Then we moved onto a warm goat cheese and arugula salad that was delicious. We both decided on one of the specials - the Halibut dish. It had to be the best Halibut that we have ever had...as a matter of fact, this is probably the best meal that we have ever had in any area restaurant!!! And of course, what could be better than splitting a piece of red velvet cheese cake for desert!!! We can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining family style - not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Seating is ridiculously close together. Great ambiance drowned out by the conversation of the people sitting, practically with you, to your right and left. Appetizer of shrimp cocktail - shrimp were small and seemed frozen not fresh, nothing to write home about. Entree of encrusted tuna was fantastic. Seating is way too tight for the price you pay.
- Disappointing Valentine’s DayCBMTTHDined on 2/14/2014The décor is trendy but the lack of isolation meant that every time the front door opened, a cold blast of air would enter the bar and dining room. The menu was good, nice wine list, but the food was unremarkable. Not bad, mind you – just nothing to recommend. I ordered the filet mignon and my wife ordered the scallops. The steak was ordered medium rare, came out so overcooked that it went back, came out the second time rare, which was more or less ok, but still not as ordered. The side dish, cauliflower au gratin, was very good. The scallops were ok – but again, nothing to come back for. Price was reasonable for the area, but this type of restaurant/food/value is a dime a dozen. Would gladly have paid more for a memorable experience.
- Stay away!CelloDined on 2/14/2014Food was below par to say the least, not to mention that when our main course came to the table it was warm at best. The service was the worst I have ever received in my entire 30 years of eating out. So bad, that I left a 10% tip and that was extremely generous.
- definitely recommendedjmillerDined on 2/14/2014came here on valentine's day .. had reservations, got seated right away even though it was fairly busy. food was great, service was excellent. would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good dinner at Red.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014Always a good dinner at Red. This has been our go to restaurants for years and continues to keep the menu fresh. We had the duck special and the tuna dinner. Both were great and service was very good.
- Wednesday fix price a good dealNJgrandmaVIPDined on 1/29/2014$30 for 3 courses is a really good deal. Everything we had was delicious and nicely presented. Drinks are expensive which of course adds to the total. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014I enjoyed the ambiance and the attentive service. I had the ravioli and I am looking forward to having it again. My date had the filet mignon and enjoyed it. The dining was at a relaxed pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, but not our last!MrsRezVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was our first visit to Red. We were seated upstairs in a small dining section with Simon as our waiter. The menu and specials were well described and everything sounds amazing. We had the special Red grilled cheese, a sushi roll and the goat cheese salad for apps. Everything was fresh and had excellent flavor. My husband had the steak special for dinner and I had the pork chop, both were delicious. We were too full for dessert, but there were some nice choices. Simon was an awesome server, made a great night even better. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPointmanVIPDined on 1/12/2014We went to red on a sunday night for my dad's birthday. We've been here before, and have never had a bad experience and this night was no different. Our table ordered different signature cocktails that everyone loved! For appetizers we split some sushi rolls and they were delicious! (especially front street roll) I had the scallops and my dad had the tuna. The sea food was fresh and full of flavor. We even finished the night off with the chocolate dessert which was also amazing!. Red is a great restaurant that has consistantly top notch service, food and drinks. I highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatTherocket18Dined on 1/11/2014Wine tasting dinners are so much better. Was very dissapointed not rushing back.
- Excellent Food...Marginal ServiceChrisADined on 1/4/2014Food quality was outstanding; service was marginal. Our server was personable but it didn't appear she was ever trained. Our waters were not refilled and she failed to bring my wife's glass of wine; it appeared she had too many tables to service. Additionally, when they brought my wife soup, they failed to provide a spoon. As we waited patiently as the soup formed a skin, we eventually flagged her down and she brought a table spoon (not soup spoon). When my wife said "thanks", her reply was "no problem". Yet in my opinion there was a problem.? We expect exceptional service when dining at a quality restaurant. We still left a 25% tip understanding that her lack of attention was likely not her fault but the fault of those who trained her.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!DanheboDined on 1/4/2014My wife and I went to Red after a show at Count Basie. We had a reservation for 6:30 and were seated promptly. Our waitress arrived at the table just a few shirt moments after. She was very attentive and had great knowledge of the menu. I ordered the French onion soup, and she the flat bread. Both were outstanding. For dinner she ordered the wharf street roll and the reckless street roll. She raved about both. I ordered the chocolate this chile short rib, the best short rib I have ever eaten. The ambience of Red is awesome , noise level was fine for a Saturday night. We weren't rushed at all and left very satisfied. Definitely recommend Red!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodhappydinerDined on 12/31/2013Had an early New Year's Eve dinner - sat in the upstairs dining room - very nice atmosphere. This was our third or fourth visit - the food is very good, the restaurant is very attractive - tables in the main dining room are a little close to each other but the noise level is not bad. Service is very attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red was okayjenniferd1664Dined on 12/31/2013Had dinner with my husband. Cocktails were amazing and so was my husbands dish of crusted Tuna, but my chocolate thai short ribs wth coconut risotto was terrible. There was no bone on the plate and it was very bland and tasted like pot roast. Short ribs is one of my favorite dishes so I know what its suppose to taste like. Also service was spotty as our waitress did not advise to us on specials or the flavors of the butters put on the table with the bread. Yet the other waiters did this for their tables as we overheard and was disappointed as we would of like to try the specials. We will give Red one more try since we have heard such good things about it.Special Features:
- Great spot!NeighborDined on 12/21/2013Attentive and knowledgeable staff. Good food and drinks. Was not rushed on a busy Saturday night. Look forward to another evening in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.