Red Prime Steak
504 North Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red Prime Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redprimesteak.com/
- Phone: (405) 232-2626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Red Prime Steak can handle all of your catering needs...from elegant cocktail parties to wedding receptions.
A word from Red Prime Steak
Red Prime Steak brings Dry-Aged beef to Oklahoma. Red Prime Steak specializes in Prime Midwestern beef, Kobe beef and Buffalo, which underscores Oklahoma's proud Indian roots. Only the boldest rubs and spices are used to enhance the flavor of the steaks. Housed in the Historic Buick Building and designed by award-winning architect, Rand Elliott, the modern design is a world class vision that is unique to the Steakhouse concept.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Red Prime Steak - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Red Prime Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)romantic (133)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (91)hot spot (54)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (21)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceCledus1Dined on 11/19/2014We went here for my bday dinner and had a great time and some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Mealryanpatrick06Dined on 11/17/2014Red Prime rarely dissappoints. The food, service, and atmosphere is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has always been my favorite placeJuggernautDined on 11/14/2014Really like this place for dates or special occasions, the staff and food are simply amazing. Best place in OKC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and experience, November 2014OKCathyDined on 11/14/2014Joint birthday celebration at Red Prime Steak! Delighted to be seated in one o the round booths for privacy on our special date night. Our server, Jennifer, really took her time with us. The cocktails we ordered -- the Scofflaw and the November special -- were extremely tasty and warming. We spit the chop salad and shared the bone-in wayagu special for two with risotto and spinach. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. Glad we took Jennifer's suggestion about the brown sugar rub. We finished off with the crème brulée -- still the best in OKC! The only lowlight: My coffee was a little weak -- it could have stood to brew a bit longer. Not a deal-breaker! And they take the Keep It local card! How great is that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyWldtrkyhntr1Dined on 11/8/2014Great food. Great service. A little pricey to try everything and lots of choices to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome waiter.. Food..environmentdshldysdtrDined on 11/8/2014Food was over the top, and presentation fantastic. I would recommend to out of towers, locals needing a change, or anyone wanting to enjoy downtown OKCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ExperienceOldSchoolRulesVIPDined on 11/7/2014Our party of 6 had several mishaps which pushed us back well over an hour. Still, Red Prime accommodated our reservation. The flavor combinations for the steaks were interesting and well-executed. The appetizers were excellent and the desserts were worth the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!mikedav1Dined on 11/6/2014Some of THE BEST food I have ever experienced in Oklahoma City, OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful-as alwaysvisitokcDined on 11/4/2014You can't go wrong with anything at Red Prime. Superb service and atmosphere! Get the black truffle butter---always!Special Features:
- Amazing food, poor serviceAK2OK4FOODDined on 11/4/2014The food was all around spectacular. The steaks were cooked to perfection and our group loved being able to mix and match different crusts and sauces. Sides were great, our favorite being the asparagus. However, I wouldn't recommend this place in the future due to the service. It took an hour to get our main course from the time we ordered and this was early on a week night with what I would call moderately busy, not packed by any means. There are several great steak houses in OKC that provide better service with a great steak.Special Features:
- Best SteakCelebratefinefoodDined on 11/1/2014We celebrated my Mom's 80 th birthday at Red and she said it was the nicest restaurant she had ever been in. Wonderful steak and a private dining room made it a perect day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We were a couple dining and both of our steaks were served warm at best. My partner sent his back for a hot steak as he likes his food hot. I did not send mine back. He was given another steak which wasn't much better but they deducted his meal from our bill. The flavor of the steak was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show DinnerRord58VIPDined on 11/1/2014One of our favorite dinner stops before the show. Good food as always, the crust and sauce complements the steak perfectly. We'll be back
- What a Surprise!MinimomDined on 10/31/2014First time there and was very impressed. The atmosphere was comfortable. It isn't one of those "stuffy" high dollar steak places. The wait staff was knowledgeable, polite and very friendly. The food was very good. Worth every penny! When you are in downtown OKC you have to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate & RomanticIntimateDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday...just the two of us. It was intimate and we were treated wonderfully! My husband doesn't like sweets, but he loved all of the desserts we ordered, and he even received a delicious Brandy Ice (Adult Milkshake) on the house for his birthday and he LOVED it!Special Features:
- OKCGailDined on 10/26/2014This was our first time there. If I am ever back in OKC I will be going back. It was excellent.Special Features:
- Great dinnerJQOKDined on 10/26/2014Not crowded on a Sunday night. Steaks were very tender and the crust was a nice touch. Chop salad was delicious but very small. Sides were outstanding, we had the creamed corn and the risotto. Dessert was good but would've been better with a little more oce cream. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween parade nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great meal. The sea bass special was as good as any I have ever had. And the grass fed dry age ribeye was excellent as always. Perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014had a group of five and liked that all of our food was brought out at the same time by 5 servers - presentation awesome!Special Features:
- AmazingFood4AshDined on 10/20/2014Best steak ever! Wonderful service, Red Prine never disappoints. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience30andcountingDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I went there for our 30th Anniversary. We were greeted with Happy Anniversary from each staff member we came in contact with. We were given a private booth and champagne to toast the evening. Food was AMAZING. Such a wonderful, memorable evening for a first time visitor to the restaurant. Will definitely go back for our special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TinmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was incredible, the drinks amazing, and the service was top notch! My new favorite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place with excellent foodMrobertDined on 10/5/2014Very well decorated with very delicious drinks and tasteful food. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks + FoodjessicaDined on 10/4/2014I arrived about 30 minutes before my reservation time and enjoyed what was quite possible the best-made Old Fashion I have had at the bar. The staff throughout the entire evening was attentive, knowledgable, and professional. I'm still thinking about the brown sugar and sea salt custed filet. Absolute bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014As always, the food and service was outstanding. Red Prime is always a great place to go on a date night or to celebrate a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Modern twist on a SteakhouseGLLotusDined on 10/4/2014From the time we sat at the bar from the time we left after dinner the staff was attentive and friendly but not in a "in your face" way. Both the bar staff and server made excellent recommendations and the food was spot on to what was expected. The red glow was cool and despite the open room, the red neon dividers gave a sense of privacy and the low noise level made conversation easy. The accompaniments came in very large sizes in bowls (not actually in your plate) so I definitely recommend sharing--and you will want to because they were "you must try this!!" delicious. The wine list is extensive and covers a vast array of tastes and prices. It is a steakhouse and they do it well!! pricey but You won't leave hungry or disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmatched ServiceHampHogFamDined on 10/3/2014The service was first class. Everyone we encountered wished us happy anniversary. I expected the hostess too, but everyone we ran into walking in and out was on it. For our special night, we received 2 complimentary glasses of champagne and a $10 credit off the check. Along with the service, there was great food and atmosphere to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outingHappyeaterVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Red Prime quite a few times. This is the first time we have been able to sit in one of the more private round booths. I enjoyed the seclusion, however, I didn't like the booth was opened toward the bar and staring right in to the sun. Next time, we will go back to a normal table. We enjoyed the food and drinks. Overall our tab was more than $300 (4 of us), I would have liked a little better steak for that price. Overall, not our best trip - but still worth the effort as we enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- All around positiveOKCdiningDined on 9/30/2014Food was good albeit slightly overpriced. (After all, this is only OKC.) Their fresh bread is amazing. We ordered the prix fixe menu and was satisfied. We were celebrating an anniversary and the server brought complimentary champagne to our table which was a nice touch. I forgot our server's name but he was excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent steaks and side dishesgoatguyDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went to dinner for our anniversary. The steaks were excellent and the choice of rubs and sauces really add to the overall experience of tasty meats. The sides were also very good with the mac and cheese really standing out as excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOkie73Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I went to Red for our one year anniversary. The staff asked if we celebrating a special occasion upon being seated. I told them about our anniversary. After that everyone greeted and wished us happy anniversary. Very nice. Our warier was very attentive and professional. She took care of our needs but was not intrusive. Also very nice. The food was delicious and the desserts were amazing. We has the creme brûlée and chocolate cake. Our overall experience was awesome. We walked out planning our next trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks better serviceYukonsoonerDined on 9/27/2014Staff was wonderful steaks were splendid. The ribeye was much better than the skirt steak sides were super. Look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular all aroundRyanandBrad2014Dined on 9/26/2014There is not one bad thing I have to say about my experience at Red Prime! My husband and I wanted a place geared toward adults. We wanted a night out with no children. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in we were treated amazingly! There was absolutely no waiting, the service was the best I've ever had, and the food was phenomenal! Our waiter was attentive without being overly bothersome. He was there exactly when we needed him and he didn't make a nuisance of himself like some tend to do by being too attentive and intrusive. We ordered steak and the fresh fish of the day which was sea bass. The music was quiet enough to have an intimate conversation but still be heard to add to the ambiance. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite Must TryOKOIFVETDined on 9/26/2014Took my wife for her birthday, our first time to eat at this establishment. From the moment we checked in, everyone who came in contact with us told my wife Happy Birthday. It might seem small to most but that was a awesome gesture by the staff. We both ordered the 7oz filets. My wife's arrived just as she ordered, mine was a little overcooked. What happened next totally shocked me. Instead of making just 1 new filet, they cooked and brought out 2 new ones. They replaced both mine and my wife's. For side items I ordered the green chilie mac and my wife had the slivered asparagus. Both were AMAZING! Dessert for me was sorbet with fresh fruit. Wife ordered the creme brule with fresh fruit. You will not go wrong with either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We were very pleased with Red Prime. Very impressed with the service. Food was good and lots of choices!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent steaks; high quality service; good wine list, good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Steaks were fantastic. Our server was on the ball and very attentive to ur table. Definitely on our list to return to!Special Features:
- Excellent foodJakeahodgesDined on 9/23/2014I love every restaurant Good Egg Dinning Group owns. The food is consistently great!Special Features:
- Bday dinnerg4dinnerDined on 9/23/2014Good was cooked perfect, waitress Lauren did a fantastic job, my husband felt extra special for his bday meal, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableImpeccableDined on 9/22/2014I took my husband for the first time for his 30th birthday and not only did we love the food but the service was impeccable. This was arguably the best service we have ever had anywhere! They were very professional and welcoming. They remembered it was my husbands birthday and seated us in a nice place and every staff member we came in contact with told him happy birthday! They made him feel very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.