Red Prime Steak
504 North Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red Prime Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redprimesteak.com/
- Phone: 4052322626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Red Prime Steak can handle all of your catering needs...from elegant cocktail parties to wedding receptions.
A word from Red Prime Steak
Red Prime Steak brings Dry-Aged beef to Oklahoma. Red Prime Steak specializes in Prime Midwestern beef, Kobe beef and Buffalo, which underscores Oklahoma's proud Indian roots. Only the boldest rubs and spices are used to enhance the flavor of the steaks. Housed in the Historic Buick Building and designed by award-winning architect, Rand Elliott, the modern design is a world class vision that is unique to the Steakhouse concept.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Red Prime Steak - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Red Prime Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)romantic (133)notable wine list (93)fit for foodies (91)hot spot (59)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (23)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Best steak ever! Wonderful service, Red Prine never disappoints. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience30andcountingDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I went there for our 30th Anniversary. We were greeted with Happy Anniversary from each staff member we came in contact with. We were given a private booth and champagne to toast the evening. Food was AMAZING. Such a wonderful, memorable evening for a first time visitor to the restaurant. Will definitely go back for our special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TinmanDined on 10/17/2014The food was incredible, the drinks amazing, and the service was top notch! My new favorite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place with excellent foodMrobertDined on 10/5/2014Very well decorated with very delicious drinks and tasteful food. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks + FoodjessicaDined on 10/4/2014I arrived about 30 minutes before my reservation time and enjoyed what was quite possible the best-made Old Fashion I have had at the bar. The staff throughout the entire evening was attentive, knowledgable, and professional. I'm still thinking about the brown sugar and sea salt custed filet. Absolute bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014As always, the food and service was outstanding. Red Prime is always a great place to go on a date night or to celebrate a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Modern twist on a SteakhouseGLLotusDined on 10/4/2014From the time we sat at the bar from the time we left after dinner the staff was attentive and friendly but not in a "in your face" way. Both the bar staff and server made excellent recommendations and the food was spot on to what was expected. The red glow was cool and despite the open room, the red neon dividers gave a sense of privacy and the low noise level made conversation easy. The accompaniments came in very large sizes in bowls (not actually in your plate) so I definitely recommend sharing--and you will want to because they were "you must try this!!" delicious. The wine list is extensive and covers a vast array of tastes and prices. It is a steakhouse and they do it well!! pricey but You won't leave hungry or disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmatched ServiceHampHogFamDined on 10/3/2014The service was first class. Everyone we encountered wished us happy anniversary. I expected the hostess too, but everyone we ran into walking in and out was on it. For our special night, we received 2 complimentary glasses of champagne and a $10 credit off the check. Along with the service, there was great food and atmosphere to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outingHappyeaterVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Red Prime quite a few times. This is the first time we have been able to sit in one of the more private round booths. I enjoyed the seclusion, however, I didn't like the booth was opened toward the bar and staring right in to the sun. Next time, we will go back to a normal table. We enjoyed the food and drinks. Overall our tab was more than $300 (4 of us), I would have liked a little better steak for that price. Overall, not our best trip - but still worth the effort as we enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- All around positiveOKCdiningDined on 9/30/2014Food was good albeit slightly overpriced. (After all, this is only OKC.) Their fresh bread is amazing. We ordered the prix fixe menu and was satisfied. We were celebrating an anniversary and the server brought complimentary champagne to our table which was a nice touch. I forgot our server's name but he was excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent steaks and side dishesgoatguyDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went to dinner for our anniversary. The steaks were excellent and the choice of rubs and sauces really add to the overall experience of tasty meats. The sides were also very good with the mac and cheese really standing out as excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOkie73Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I went to Red for our one year anniversary. The staff asked if we celebrating a special occasion upon being seated. I told them about our anniversary. After that everyone greeted and wished us happy anniversary. Very nice. Our warier was very attentive and professional. She took care of our needs but was not intrusive. Also very nice. The food was delicious and the desserts were amazing. We has the creme brûlée and chocolate cake. Our overall experience was awesome. We walked out planning our next trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks better serviceYukonsoonerDined on 9/27/2014Staff was wonderful steaks were splendid. The ribeye was much better than the skirt steak sides were super. Look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular all aroundRyanandBrad2014Dined on 9/26/2014There is not one bad thing I have to say about my experience at Red Prime! My husband and I wanted a place geared toward adults. We wanted a night out with no children. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in we were treated amazingly! There was absolutely no waiting, the service was the best I've ever had, and the food was phenomenal! Our waiter was attentive without being overly bothersome. He was there exactly when we needed him and he didn't make a nuisance of himself like some tend to do by being too attentive and intrusive. We ordered steak and the fresh fish of the day which was sea bass. The music was quiet enough to have an intimate conversation but still be heard to add to the ambiance. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite Must TryOKOIFVETDined on 9/26/2014Took my wife for her birthday, our first time to eat at this establishment. From the moment we checked in, everyone who came in contact with us told my wife Happy Birthday. It might seem small to most but that was a awesome gesture by the staff. We both ordered the 7oz filets. My wife's arrived just as she ordered, mine was a little overcooked. What happened next totally shocked me. Instead of making just 1 new filet, they cooked and brought out 2 new ones. They replaced both mine and my wife's. For side items I ordered the green chilie mac and my wife had the slivered asparagus. Both were AMAZING! Dessert for me was sorbet with fresh fruit. Wife ordered the creme brule with fresh fruit. You will not go wrong with either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We were very pleased with Red Prime. Very impressed with the service. Food was good and lots of choices!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent steaks; high quality service; good wine list, good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Steaks were fantastic. Our server was on the ball and very attentive to ur table. Definitely on our list to return to!Special Features:
- Excellent foodJakeahodgesDined on 9/23/2014I love every restaurant Good Egg Dinning Group owns. The food is consistently great!Special Features:
- Bday dinnerg4dinnerDined on 9/23/2014Good was cooked perfect, waitress Lauren did a fantastic job, my husband felt extra special for his bday meal, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableImpeccableDined on 9/22/2014I took my husband for the first time for his 30th birthday and not only did we love the food but the service was impeccable. This was arguably the best service we have ever had anywhere! They were very professional and welcoming. They remembered it was my husbands birthday and seated us in a nice place and every staff member we came in contact with told him happy birthday! They made him feel very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite!deepforkDined on 9/20/2014I can't believe it took this long for me to try this place. The best dining experience I have had in the Okla City area by far! Our steaks were perfect, but that is not the main reason we will be back to Red Prime. There are a few other places around where you can get great steaks. What was more impressive was everything else. The appetizers, salads, sides and deserts were all original creations and delicious! They have a nice wine list some one actually put some thought into. The prices are what you would expect for this type of restaurant, count on spending a couple hundred bucks or more for two if you have a bottle of wine with diner. I thought the decor was cool, service great and we loved our waitress. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best bday location in okcOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Had dinner here for my wife's birthday with her parents. Absolutely my best dining experience in OKC since moving here 3 years ago. The food was divine, but I'll focus on the service first: the general manager Katie arranged for special (off-menu) cocktails to be prepared for my wife, mother- and father-in-law. These were delivered as we were seated, which was really impressive. Our server Barrett did an outstanding job (as every server at Red Prime does) of describing the food and wine. It is the service that makes a dinner memorable, and the service on Saturday night did just that. We already have plans to revisit for my mother-in-law's bday in November. They will be driving in from Arkansas, if that tells you anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice.BillTDined on 9/20/2014Exceptional food- really excellent romaine salad, very well prepard and served scallop appetizer, great cut of NY Strip steak..... Capped off with that flamed custard topped with fruit for two thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overall dining experience!RoblezDined on 9/19/2014We attended for our Anniversary. We were treated very special from the moment we arrived. The service was outstanding; knowledgeable staff worked in unison to make our visit flawless! The food was amazing! Everything was cooked perfectly! Everything had the right balance of flavors! The menu choices were just right. Not too little yet not overwhelming with a good balance of food to choose from. Best dining experience we have ever had and we like to dine!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Red prime steak made my eyes roll into the back of my head it was so good. We will definitely be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Service excellentSabTigersDined on 9/19/2014The waiter's suggestion on appetizer, dinner, wine and dessert was spot on and the food service were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceBarbDined on 9/18/2014I took my son there to celebrate my birthday. The food was excellent and the service superior. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is a little pricey but worth every bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is always greatryanpatrick06Dined on 9/17/2014We had an excellent meal. The service was great, except that they brought the entree's before my date had finished her salad. Everything was just about perfect besides that.Special Features:
- fan2beDined on 9/13/2014If you have a lot of time to kill than its worth the dining experience. Our reservation was at 7:00pm, we arrived maybe 3 minutes late, and were seated right away. We did'nt leave the restaurant until 8:45pm and we left after we were finished eating, no dessert. The steaks were good and the sides are sharable, well proportioned. But if you want quicker service maybe not for you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticnotfromhereDined on 9/13/2014The food was some of the best I have experienced in the OKC area. The presentation was incredible and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend, especially if you have a special occasion around the corner. It is pricey, however, well worth it.Special Features:
- only 2 problems2problemsDined on 9/13/2014We showed our $100 gift card, which was in the form of a Debit Card, to our waitress. She came back informed us that they would withhold $20.00 of this (with no explanation) which meant that we had $80.00 to spend on the meal. My husband's steak had a large piece of gristle running through it. We were surprised that a restaurant of this caliber would have an inferior piece of mean. We will more than likely not go back.
- Red Prime BirthdayOKCRyanDined on 9/12/2014Red Prime served up a superb dining experience that is consistent with previous visits. The server was incredibly helpful with the wine list and demonstrated a great amount of knowledge about the various steak cut selections on the menu. This dinner was to celebrate my wife's birthday and we were given a private booth. If it's your first time to Red Prime, take advantage of the Blade Runneresque ambiance of the main dining area, but if you want to mix it up, put in a request for the private booth and it's a completely different atmosphere; quiet, darker, and a more intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- ReservationsszqsVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were disappointed to be seated next to the noisy & unesthetic kitchen with all servers whisking by us. Would have been acceptable if we had walked in for dinner. Our reservations were made at least 1 month in advance through Open Table : (Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCoryVIPDined on 9/9/2014My friend asked to come to Red Prime for his birthday. None of us had been there before. The experience from start to finish was amazing. The filet with blue cheese was so good it made me get a nervous tick! Seriously....it was amazing. I will come back again very soon. Thansk!Special Features:
- Hate to say it, but overratedFoodieGDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at many up scale resturants, and red prime just failed. The menus were greasy and both had wet pieces of parsley or green onions on them. The bathroom trash was overflowing with paper towels onto the floor. No exaggeration. Not to mention that this was a birthday dinner and the server forgot the birthday dessert. Our server never told us the nightly special, I saw the update on Instagram and had to ask about it. The steak was good, not great. The truffle butter was a cold pat on the side and the steak sauce was also cold. Risotto was extremely al dente. For spending over $240 (we bought a bottle of wine) I left with a bad taste in my mouth. Ranches doesn't have that cool ambiance, but the food is 100 times better.Special Features:
- Best steaks of our lives!msopp7Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I went to Red Prime for our 4th anniversary. The service and food were absoultely fantastic. We both got the prefixed menu, including a filet. Both of our filets were perfectly cooked and were delicious. Seriously...possibly the best steaks we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencelove2eatDined on 9/5/2014The food was very well seasoned and cooked to perfection. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Red Prime Steak and would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Always the bestsjw8911Dined on 9/4/2014This is the best steakhouse in Oklahoma City and beyond. Always attentive service and the best tasting steaks exactly as ordered. Great for just a meal or a special occasion. It just doesn't get any better than Red - anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 25th Wedding Anniversary DateKachDined on 9/3/2014We felt very special being seated in one of the private table areas. The ambiance was festive...loved the lighting. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list and gave a recommendation that we really enjoyed. He was also excellent on information about the menu offerings which were quite varied. Our meal was delicious and unhurried. We found Red Prime a great place for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.