Red Prime Steak
504 North Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Red Prime Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redprimesteak.com/
- Phone: 4052322626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Red Prime Steak can handle all of your catering needs...from elegant cocktail parties to wedding receptions.
A word from Red Prime Steak
Red Prime Steak brings Dry-Aged beef to Oklahoma. Red Prime Steak specializes in Prime Midwestern beef, Kobe beef and Buffalo, which underscores Oklahoma's proud Indian roots. Only the boldest rubs and spices are used to enhance the flavor of the steaks. Housed in the Historic Buick Building and designed by award-winning architect, Rand Elliott, the modern design is a world class vision that is unique to the Steakhouse concept.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Red Prime Steak - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Red Prime Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)romantic (112)notable wine list (82)fit for foodies (69)hot spot (48)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (18)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- fan2beDined on 9/13/2014If you have a lot of time to kill than its worth the dining experience. Our reservation was at 7:00pm, we arrived maybe 3 minutes late, and were seated right away. We did'nt leave the restaurant until 8:45pm and we left after we were finished eating, no dessert. The steaks were good and the sides are sharable, well proportioned. But if you want quicker service maybe not for you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticnotfromhereDined on 9/13/2014The food was some of the best I have experienced in the OKC area. The presentation was incredible and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend, especially if you have a special occasion around the corner. It is pricey, however, well worth it.Special Features:
- only 2 problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We showed our $100 gift card, which was in the form of a Debit Card, to our waitress. She came back informed us that they would withhold $20.00 of this (with no explanation) which meant that we had $80.00 to spend on the meal. My husband's steak had a large piece of gristle running through it. We were surprised that a restaurant of this caliber would have an inferior piece of mean. We will more than likely not go back.
- ReservationsszqsVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were disappointed to be seated next to the noisy & unesthetic kitchen with all servers whisking by us. Would have been acceptable if we had walked in for dinner. Our reservations were made at least 1 month in advance through Open Table : (Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCoryVIPDined on 9/9/2014My friend asked to come to Red Prime for his birthday. None of us had been there before. The experience from start to finish was amazing. The filet with blue cheese was so good it made me get a nervous tick! Seriously....it was amazing. I will come back again very soon. Thansk!Special Features:
- Hate to say it, but overratedFoodieGDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at many up scale resturants, and red prime just failed. The menus were greasy and both had wet pieces of parsley or green onions on them. The bathroom trash was overflowing with paper towels onto the floor. No exaggeration. Not to mention that this was a birthday dinner and the server forgot the birthday dessert. Our server never told us the nightly special, I saw the update on Instagram and had to ask about it. The steak was good, not great. The truffle butter was a cold pat on the side and the steak sauce was also cold. Risotto was extremely al dente. For spending over $240 (we bought a bottle of wine) I left with a bad taste in my mouth. Ranches doesn't have that cool ambiance, but the food is 100 times better.Special Features:
- Best steaks of our lives!msopp7Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I went to Red Prime for our 4th anniversary. The service and food were absoultely fantastic. We both got the prefixed menu, including a filet. Both of our filets were perfectly cooked and were delicious. Seriously...possibly the best steaks we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencelove2eatDined on 9/5/2014The food was very well seasoned and cooked to perfection. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Red Prime Steak and would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Always the bestsjw8911Dined on 9/4/2014This is the best steakhouse in Oklahoma City and beyond. Always attentive service and the best tasting steaks exactly as ordered. Great for just a meal or a special occasion. It just doesn't get any better than Red - anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 25th Wedding Anniversary DateKachDined on 9/3/2014We felt very special being seated in one of the private table areas. The ambiance was festive...loved the lighting. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list and gave a recommendation that we really enjoyed. He was also excellent on information about the menu offerings which were quite varied. Our meal was delicious and unhurried. We found Red Prime a great place for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014wonderful food as always.. excellent service..will returnSpecial Features:
- Date NightKah1024Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went to Red Prime for a date night. We were really impressed. The chop salad was really good even though we didnt know what all was in it! We both had filets and they were delicious. It just fell apart in your mouth. We also had the green chili mac and seared green beans and they were both really good and the chocolate cake was amazing. Our waiter, Barrett, was amazing. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. Also, he had a good sense of humor and very polite. We will ask for him specifically when we go next time. Amaretto Sour was the best one I've ever had and the wine was good too! Definitely will go back and recommend everyone to go at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Loved the service and food. The setting was romantic and the noise level was low so that real conversation could occur. We enjoyed the decor and long list of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceBJNEdmondDined on 8/31/2014We always order off the Price Fix menu which is a great deal for a couple on a budget. Can't beat the 7oz filet, salad, side and desert for a one low price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentdelighteddinerDined on 8/31/2014This is our favorite restaurant for special occasions, and the prix fixe menu is a bargain. The food is outstanding - I haven't given 5 stars because I'd like to see them change up the menu a little...it's starting to feel too safe and reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!!Rphotographer1Dined on 8/30/2014The service was PERFECT!!! Our server Barrett was great!! the steaks were outstanding!! the whole meal was great!!! We will tell our friends!!Special Features:
- Friday nightSteelers86VIPDined on 8/29/2014The steak was okay, the green chili Mac n cheese is awesome!!!! The service at the bar was pretty bad. The bartenders seemed annoyed as soon as we got there and it was not 9:15. I would still re commend giving it a try, I will be back but probably won't sit at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmarcdDined on 8/29/2014Delicious food and great ambiance. The steaks and cocktails were great. I will definitely return to Red Prime again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Anniversary SpotLASMDined on 8/28/2014My husband & I spent our wedding anniversary here. It was nice with fun ambience. We were seated in an isolated round booth which was very nice. It is very dark so we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. The food was very good - they also offer a sub menu (which they didn't promote very well.) The sub menu offered an appetizer, entree, side dish and dessert - for the price of one entree off the regular menu. Nice place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014the steak was way too salty, He didn't even eat it :(. A lil disappointed as it was a rare occasion, out of town, birthday dinner for my boyfriend. Loved everything else about this place.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great! They also have a gluten free menu for those with food allergies.Special Features:
- RedOysterDined on 8/22/2014First time to Red Steakhouse. Upon arriving we were asked if a "privacy table" would be ok and, thinking it would be a table in a corner or some such, was a bit surprised to find out we were in what was basically a cylindrical tube cut off from the rest of the restaurant. Would not do that again as part of the dining experience, particularly in a restaurant one has never been to previously, is to see and hear what's going on around you. Food and service was outstanding. Will go back.Special Features:
- LSLSDined on 8/16/2014My husband took me there for dinner for my birthday. We were first-timers and weren't sure what to expect. When my husband made the reservations, he requested a romantic spot and mentioned that it was my birthday. When we arrived, the host wished me a happy birthday, then we were escorted to a very romantic, secluded booth. The food was excellent. We ordered sirloin and red snapper as well as the truffle risotto. It was all cooked to perfection. People kept wishing me a happy birthday and just making us feel like it was a special occasion. We definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- My Favorite DowntownJGokcVIPDined on 8/16/2014Red Prime is my "go-to" steakhouse downtown. The Waygu Skirt Steak is a treat for steak eaters. RPs tomatos are always awesome.
- From LawtonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic service, ambience and superb food. Wife and I celebrated a special dinner and had the red carpet treatment by the staff. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulmanjovDined on 8/16/2014Red Prime has been a favorite of mine and my husband's for quite some time. This year for my husband's birthday, we brought our daughter. She is seven, but has a GIANT love for steak! She ordered and ate her own whole steak, and dessert. The booths are wonderfully private, the food is always perfect, the employees are helpful and always have great attitudes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding!OKCDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Truly amazing dinner! The best mac and cheese I have ever had in my life. Everything was so delicious! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing every time!SWadeDined on 8/13/2014This is our go to special occasion spot. The food is fantastic and the staff is very attentive. Love everything about Red Prime!Special Features:
- Ross the server was fantastic!MaureenVIPDined on 8/12/2014Traveling again for work to OKC this week had me trying to find someplace different where the potential clients do not frequent. So glad we went here! Ross was fun, well informed of both food and wine menus and had a great personality! Overall I'd say the night was a big hit and appreioacte the quality food and atmosphere in the heart of downtown OKC.Special Features:
- A Memorable Dining Experiencewally57Dined on 8/12/2014I chose RedPrimeSteak for our 25th wedding anniversary based on reviews I'd read, and it worked. Amazing ambience - a downtown building gutted and remodeled into a denizen of red neon and concrete with a scattering of round private dining hideaways and a floor-to-ceiling wine rack. The food - excellent steaks with a dry rub and wet sauce of your choice, outstanding appetizers and desserts, with attentive waiters (ours was Toby) and perfect service. A little pricy, but I got what I paid for. Great addition to the city's dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for our anniversaryHappyBirthdayNYEDined on 8/10/2014We went here for our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was amazing. The host, gentleman who brought us water, and our waitress all told us Happy Anniversary. Thats great customer service you dont find these days. They brought us complimentary champagne and cider(wife is pregnant) to toast with. To top it all off, the food was fantastic! This is a 5 star place in our book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drfoodDined on 8/10/2014It was my first visit to Red Prime Steak and, overall, it was fine. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. However, the steak, which was a $13 upgrade on the prix fixe menu, was not really tender. The flavor was good, but I must admit to being disappointed in my meal. My wife, who had the filet, was happy with her meal.
- Nice Restaurant for Date NightDatenightersDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. After reading reviews, we chose Red Prime. We were sat immediately with or reservations but our server took another 10-15 min to greet us. And then another 10-15 for my husband to receive his glass of wine. The food was good but not necessarily the "wow" factor we were hoping for. Once we were done eating we seriously sat around for another 15 min just waiting for our bill. We hired a sitter so time is of the essence, we didn't want to rush our meal, but service was definitely slower than normal. I also ended up using the ladies restroom and for what we just paid for our meal, I felt like I was at a fast food restaurant when I walked in there....GROSS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dream Come TrueSouthernswangDined on 8/8/2014From the time we stepped in the door we had tremendous service! The food was absolutely wonderful, and we and a very intimate booth that was very located away from other guest! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would go back everyday if we could!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatEdndebVIPDined on 8/4/2014The bestmeal I've had since moving to OKC - everything was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We picked Red Prime to celebrate and we were very glad we did. We were made to feel special and the evening was wonderful. The staff, the food, the wine...and the ambiance made the night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love red prime!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Best steaks around! Price fix menu makes it a terrific deal. Lots of food for the price. Always great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEHarveyDined on 8/1/2014Greeted with professionalism. Toby, our waiter is the best ever. We plan to return oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We had an amazing date night here. Great food!! Couldn't have asked for a better place to have a date for our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice design, OK everything elseCharlesVIPDined on 7/30/2014We ate here during a brief stay in OKC and, although we had no expectations, came away disappointed. We should have known when we walked in: it was pouring rain when we came, so we were soaking wet, and we received rude looks from the host, as if the rain was our fault. The service was friendly otherwise, if a little slow. My steak was not butterflied as I asked and as a result was quite overdone, but the flavor of the sauce and rub did help make it decent. The space itself is neat, with red neon lights forming a sort of curtain, and some tables enclosed to make private spaces. I liked what this restaurant was trying to do, but it was not quite good enough to justify the relatively high price tag in my opinion.