Red Pony Restaurant
408 Main Street
Franklin, TN 37064Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Red Pony Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://redponyrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6155957669
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason McConnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer services for all occasions from weddings to corporate events. We can accommodate service for forty to four hundred. Specialized menus can be designed for all occasions with considerations for dietary and special needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Red Pony Restaurant offers an upscale atmosphere and professional service without the white gloves in Historic Downtown Franklin. From a rehearsal dinner to private company function, Red Pony can accommodate any type of event or party. Private events at Red Pony can range from heavy appetizers for organized social gatherings to seated formal diners. Food for your private event is not confined to our menu but limited menu selections are required. There are multiple spaces available to reserve including a second floor patio for 30 guests. The upstairs dining room can seat 60 guests but if you're looking for a smaller space we have the ability to split the dining room with a floor to ceiling privacy separator. The entire restaurant or upstairs (includes upstairs dining room, deck & cocktail lounge)are also available for private events. There is a food and beverage minimum to reserve a private space. For minimums and additional details please contact our Catering Concierge
- Private Party Contact: Kari Mauk 6155956070
A word from Red Pony Restaurant
With two floors of casual fine dining (as well as an outdoor deck), Red Pony Restaurant has clearly become the favorite destination for great food on Franklin's historic Main Street. Chefs Jason McConnell and Carl Schultheis have teamed up to create a fun, wide ranging menu utilizing the freshest locally grown produce, meats and seafood. The two chefs have worked together for six years and their diverse cooking styles appear in new items daily. Voted "Best New Restaurant 2006" by Southern Exposure Magazine, Red Pony's eclectic menu has been called "skillful in its simplicity while intriguing in its worldliness."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Red Pony Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Franklin / Brentwood ›
Red Pony Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (112)romantic (94)hot spot (58)notable wine list (55)vibrant bar scene (40)good for groups (33)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Great ExperiencevinceDined on 9/15/2014My wife and I went to Red Pony for our anniversary. We had a great time. The food was fantastic with interesting menu choices such as elk. Our waiter was personable and efficient. The cocktails were great as was the wine with dinner. We will definitely be returning. It was also very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The service was amazing. The food was outstanding. I will return!Special Features:
- So fantastic!NashTransplantDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time we've dined at Red Pony and we were again blown away by everything. From service to atmosphere, drinks and all courses, everything was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Local GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We sat down and the waiter asked us if we had ever been to the restaurant. We said no and they brought us a complimentary first-time visit appetizer! Our meals ended up being delicious and the waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. Although our food was a bit over salted, our overall experience was excellent.Special Features:
- Failed ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife wanted to go back to the Red Pony specifically to get a dish she had had there before and loved. Once we got there we found out that that dish had been discontinued because, even though it had been a local favorite, the management felt it had been on the menu to long. The fact that it had been a good seller for 8 years did not seem to matter. She ordered something else from the menu but was not impressed. I guess the management at the Red Pony has never heard the saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. It will be a long try before we try the Red Pony again.
- Another great birthday celebrationFirstNYCVIPDined on 9/12/2014Stephen our server, made for a memorable night out! As always, great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvfabfoodDined on 9/11/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed dining here. From the appetizers to the desserts, everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!!LALadyDined on 9/11/2014Were there on an evening before concert. Was in and out with plenty of time to spare. Unique and inspired menu.Special Features:
- Wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014We spent 3rd year anniversary and it was really nice. Only wish they kept the Chocolate Molten Lava cake on the menu!!Special Features:
- Repeat dinerSkyflierDined on 9/8/2014This was my 2nd time at Red Pony. I enjoyed it so much the first time, I brought my husband for our 25th anniversary for my 2nd visit. It was a bit disappointing. He ordered the shrimp & grits, I got the wolffish. His shrimp was a bit overcooked, and the waiter was nowhere to be seen to even ask how our meal was. We had a great waiter on my first visit, not so great the second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findunexpectedtravelbonusDined on 9/8/2014We booked here because of the reviews, but really weren't expecting the adventurous and creative menu we found. Service was excellent and watching the kitchen staff perform was its own entertainment bonus. Really good and imaginative food. Not your typical southern experience. We loved it!Special Features:
- Great, as usualSharonDDined on 9/6/2014We had happy hour drinks upstairs at the bar with Ariel before sitting to dinner with Jeff. He was knowledgable and helped us pick a great new (to us) bottle of wine with dinner. It was a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely Placed LocationLike2EatLocalDined on 9/6/2014OUTSTANDING local place!!! Food was AMAZING and service was FANTASTIC...Nashville is FULL of GREAT off the beaten places to eat at and we generally press on to find another every time that we have a special night out; however the Red Pony is a keeper we'll be back and will bring friends next time!!!Special Features:
- good date spotLQQKaliveDined on 9/5/2014Cool place. And can be pretty romantic or fun for a small group with a swanky looking bar (both up and down stairs). Had the lamb and it was a bit over done and bordering on dry for my taste. Wolf fish is a great dish.Special Features:
- ServiceRobertVIPDined on 9/5/2014The service was over the top great. Our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- Awesome FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We are new to Franklin.....and this place was outstanding. Our waiter was excellent and explained the dishes beautifully. The food was amazing. We will be back to try more of the menu. Love that the menu is a seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 4Scottsdale8Dined on 8/30/2014Food was good, but not great. They took one of the best dishes off the menu - the braised rabbitSpecial Features:
- Obnoxious !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014I never write reviews...however, I believe ownership of the restaurant needs to be aware... I have been to red pony 1000 and always a great experience with fantastic food and amazing service!! I was seated in the main dining area downstairs - in the middle was a table of 6 or 7 people who were drunk, loud, rude and obnoxious ..the waiter apologized, as he did to every other table in the area . Management said a couple times to quiet down, which just elevated the volume !!! The quiet romantic dinner I had hoped for was severely compromised.. If I owned the restaurant - I would have requested they lower the volume or leave!! The 15 tables surrounding this group would have stood up and applauded!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun cocktails, great servicegalyngDined on 8/28/2014While the food is definitely good, this place really shone when it came to cocktails and our server. He was fun, offered great recommendations, and he really made the night. My friends had the salad with tuna, which they agreed was very good, and I had the beef tenderloin pizza appetizer. (I needed some protein and didn't want to eat too much.) The pizza app could serve as a meal and it was very good, if not a traditional pizza. The addition of bleu cheese with the beef was a nice touch. It was great as leftovers as well.Special Features:
- Stellar night at the Red Pony!TwoJakesDined on 8/23/2014The Red Pony hit on all cylinders Saturday night. We had the best two-top table in the restaurant. Right in front of a large picture window which gave you a tremendous view of the kitchen. Very cool! Our waiter Aaron (spelling?) was excellent. Well versed with the entire menu and wine list. I had the Elk Medallions and my wife had the Filet. The meal was well prepared and visually works of art. More importantly the food tasted wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Pony dinnertastebudDined on 8/22/2014We had a delectable dining experience. Commendable staff & excellent waiter who was very attentive to our needs. Also well-versed in all menu items & how prepared. The menu shows a large degree of innovation & sophistication, from appetizers to dessert. Everything was done to order & very pleasing to the palette. The atmosphere itself was moderately noisy (given the full house at 6:30 PM on a Friday), yet we were still able to converse easily, privately. Also, the wine list is notable & drinks (i.e. alcohol) of good quality. This is our NEW favorite restaurant; we will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food but $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014A bit expensive and the atmosphere was nice but nothing to write home about, but the food and service were great. Make a reservation, though. It's a busy place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingFranklin74Dined on 8/21/2014We were seated near the pump thing downstairs. I sat on the bench seat as my husband sat in the chair. As soon as I sat down I sunk into the bench. By he springs were shot and I was in a hole. I told the waitress but she seemed to not care and said she would tell them. It would have been nice to been moved but nothing was mentioned. Therefore I sat in a hole for dinner and it was not very comfortable. Even the man next to me said i looked sunken Down. Not the best dining we have had there. We come a lot and will be while before we return. Food wAs good but had to ask waitress for the specials. The menu has changed and my favorite- BLT was off the menu.:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & food was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had an excellent time. The staff was one of the best, they were so nice, went above and beyond and the food was amazing. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for celebrating407MainDined on 8/18/2014We were at RP for a special dinner celebration -- the 5-year anniversary of my business partner (who also happens to be my son!). Great food, great wine, great server, great ambience... great everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantknightriterDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have eaten here five times now. Every time has been amazing. The food and especially the drinks are outstanding. I totally recommend The Red Pony to anyone in the Nashville/Franklin area.Special Features:
- csniezakcsniezakDined on 8/16/2014we arrived early for a 5:45 reservation and were seated immediately. We requested outside seating and were the only ones there for most of the meal. food was terrific and the waiter was very attentive :) the outside seating view was of the back alley so that certainly affected the ambience. All in all a pleasant meal and good food. Cute town too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!ChrisHVIPDined on 8/15/2014We brought our out of town guests here for dinner and a wonderful time. My wife has proclaimed it her new favorite! 3 of the foru of us could. to help but order the lamb. It was outstanding! The amount of food you get for the money is well worth it. Also, I highly recommend the crispy fried green beers. Fantastic wine, beer and cocktail list too. All the right ingredients for a great dinner. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Best food everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food and service was fantastic! Absolutely loved the bacon appetizer and filet. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkyflierDined on 8/13/2014We arrived 20 min. early and were seated immediately. The whole staff there was gracious and helpful. Our waiter was fabulous, and his recommendations were superb! I had the chicken and my friend had the shrimp and grits. The Peaches and Cream salad was amazing! Her stacked tomatoe and cheese salad was delicious. Can't wait to go back to try the wolffish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re Pony ReviewolemissmarineDined on 8/9/2014Without a doubt a great place to take that special someone. It's for sure pricey, but you get great quality food with adequate portions. Highly recommend going on your next special outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicerebeccapdDined on 8/8/2014We loved everything about this place. Locally sourced food, and bourbon. Creative cocktails, talented but not conceited servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGoodeatsDined on 8/8/2014Excellent scallops and tuna Calamari was very tender. Little loudSpecial Features:
- Cool little spotPsmommyDined on 8/7/2014Food was excellent (lamb chops, sushi, and salad!). The slightly dirty martini was perfectly made. Ambience was perfect for a cozy night out with my honey. Would certainly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff but a little priceyghost6Dined on 8/4/2014The waiter we had was great.Besides the food being overpriced, I did not care for the layout of restaurant . It seemed like other people were sitting so close to you that you could hear everyone's conversation around you. I did not get that private feeling that I'm normally used to.Special Features:
- As Good As it GetsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have been here twice now and we will continue to make it a priority when visiting the area. We LOVE this restaurant! The food is delicious, the service exactly as it should be- attentive and unpretentious, and phenomenal drinks. Kung Pao Calamari and Peaches and Cream Salad were delicious starters. Plan on a healthy bill, about 70-80/person including drinks an app. and dessert to share; we've paid more for not nearly as tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great farm to table food!RandyDined on 8/1/2014Group of eight there for the first time. We were immediately seated by a very nice hostess. Jason, our waiter was very efficient and provided great suggestions from the menu. We had the calamari appetizer. It was not your average calamari but cut into strips and very spicy with hot peppers. It was delicious. Next we split a tomato salad. This had heirloom tomatoes with mozarella and tasted like the tomatoes were picked today right from the garden. Next was Elk medallions for me and scallops for my wife. Original fresh ideas in their menus plus expert preparation made everything great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant supriseJennDined on 7/29/2014We were so pleasantly suprised to have such an amazing restaraunt basically in our neighborhood . The service ambience food wine list and cleanliness were top notch . The only slight area for improvement would be the excessive noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Shrimp and GritsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I would have never ordered the subject dish if the waiter had not stated it was their "claim to fame". He was right and I would definately go back and order that dish again. I was also able to order a half portion for half the cost, since it was late. If you order the kitchen a round, they will love you for it.Special Features:
- AmazingHunterDined on 7/26/2014My fiancée celebrated the anniversary of our first date at the red pony this weekend. The staff was super and the chef even sent us some special treats. Could do for improved acoustics but the night was unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.