Red Pepper Taqueria - Buckhead
3135 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Red Pepper Taqueria - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://eatredpepper.com/
- Phone: (404) 869-2773
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Red Pepper Taqueria - Buckhead
Addicted to Tacos. We’re excited to bring a fun new spot to the neighborhood where you can kick back, relax and have a great time! Can you imagine living in a world without tacos? We can’t either. From organic ingredients to fresh seafood, these bold flavors are folded into amazing dishes. In fact, you'll find many items on our menu were sourced right here in Georgia. We love this food and think you will too! Taquería might be our name, but tequila is our game. We’re shaking things up with hand-crafted margaritas and over 100 tequilas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Pepper Taqueria - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Boozy Brunch? Yes, please!BestiesThatBrunchDined on 11/1/2014Love, love, love the bottomless mimosas option! Never take them away, PLEASE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulLep1Dined on 10/18/2014I brought my out of town friends for brunch and the service was awful. I made reservations ahead of time and we were seated upon arrival only to be left alone for over 10 mins. Once the drinks were delivered the waitress spilt her tray of Cokes all down one of our girls back. She provided her with a tee shirt and nothing else was said about the situation. The server then took way to long to check on us and deliver our food. I felt as if the fact that one of my friends had to experience a tray full of drinks down her back that her meal should have been taken care of, but it wasn't. Guess the free tee shirt was enought. HA I will not be back.Special Features:
- MelMDined on 10/12/2014Bottom mimosa's, need I say more. Lots of TV's for sports watchingSpecial Features:
- No serviceGoatsngaultierDined on 9/8/2014I made a reservation because I was unsure of how busy it might be given the relatively small pool of late night dining options in the city. Obviously that wasn't necessary because only one other couple was in there. And clearly they didn't want us in ther either (despite it being well over an hour before closing time). We ended up leaving after sitting for five minutes and not even being offered a menu. A shame too, it was our first night out as a married couple, so we just had to take the triple digits we were prepared to spend on our meal to another place. Additionally the table was sticky and decor was very tacky.
- DinnerFlavorousDined on 8/27/2014Valet is a must. No other options. Food was delicious !!Special Features:
- service, rice, pricePokerQueenDined on 8/14/2014It was the first time my friend and I went. Our waitress Sophie was not rude, but she was very slow and we kept trying to track her down. She hardly checked on us and we were delayed by about 15 min because of her. The side of rice looked good, but you couldn't really eat because it was undercooked, I should know because rice is a staple in our household. The manager came over and said that the chef assured me that it was cooked but offered a substitute which I accepted. The queso we ordered should have also come with Salsa, but we were charged$2.50 more for that. If it's a Mexican restaurant, salsa shouldn't be an additional charge. It was expensive, $40 for 2 people, no alcohol and overall disappointing. We won't we going backSpecial Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Red Pepper Taqueria - Buckhead reviews archive.
- Not bad, but not amazing.foodgirl87Dined on 7/27/2014There was nothing overtly disappointing. The server was great. The food was average, they should maybe put a few more original dishes on the menu. It was pretty much like the standard mexican place, but the prices were slightly higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and the food is very goodAtlanta01VIPDined on 6/24/2014Good mex. Very vibrant, hip Buckhead place. Food is very good.Special Features:
- Perfectly OrdinarymunzieDined on 4/26/2014Thumbs up for a fun atmosphere, friendly service,decent margarita(if you order the El Patron) Not so much for the food - it does little to distinguish itself from the other million or so Mexican joints in this town. Probably didn't help that 2 membors of the dining group had stomach issues the next day, and it sure wasn't from hangovers!Special Features:
- Great Food and Fun PlaceGregSDined on 3/22/2014Drinks were excellent, food was great and the vibe was fantastic.Special Features:
- Fun restaurant lacking serviceBuckheadDinerVIPDined on 3/21/2014Red Pepper has a great patio and is dog friendly, but the service definitely took away from the experience. I would go back for the cheap food and drinks but won't expect much from the wait staff.Special Features:
- Terrible service, O.K. foodFoodVIPDined on 3/15/2014Our waitress was rude and basically didn't wait on us at all. We had to ask three times for waters and the restaurant wasn't even crowded. The food is okay but the service was so bad that my friends and I will not be going back.
- Amaze balls!!!MimosanmargaritasDined on 3/2/2014Great experience! Everything was delicious from the margaritas to the oysters to the tacos! It was perfection! Went with a small group of people and enjoyed every bit of it! Will be coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tacos in BuckheadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Barbacoa and Kale Me Hungry. Need I say more? Also, outstanding beer selection! The staff is amazing. This is a guaranteed stop for me every time I visit Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went on a Wednesday eveningcjxxVIPDined on 1/15/2014I went on a Wednesday evening and service by our waitress was really slow. I did not see other tables having issues so I may try eating here one more time to see if I will have a better experience. The food was good but nothing we ordered (cheese dip, fajitas, tacos) was great.
- The food was very good.LisaVIPDined on 1/14/2014I have never been to this restaurant and I took my offi e there for lunch. It was a great place for a group, had a nice bar and the food was better than expected. It also was reasonably priced. Parking is not great. There is also a nice patio for outside seating. I should be clear that I am talkin about e new location in Buckhead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual cali-mexican restauranOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2014Excellent selection of tequila!!! Cannot go wrong with any of the taco choices. Fajitas were also really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite spotBMacDined on 12/31/2013I very much enjoy Red Pepper. The food is great, the drinks are great, and it's quite affordable. They also employ the best bartender I've ever had in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot in October-Cold by NovemberAlwaysSeekingTheBestVIPDined on 11/24/2013Bottomless Mimosas? Only the oj & champagne type... & only if your waitess tells you. Good thing I only ordered 3, tasting the features flavored mimosas (half drinking them by the way).... when I saw she charged $5 for the three flavors... I asked "thought it was bottomless?" She replies "oh I was wondering if you knew".... wondering if you could take advantage of a deal that isn't a deal? Not to mention the mimosas were WARM(had to ask for multiple cups of ice, even told waitress it was warm. Gross
- Fight Fight FightCharlesDarwin30Dined on 11/23/2013I was with a group of friends and we were looking for a place that offered the PPV fight this past weekend. There was a $10 per person fee for the fight but there were enough TVs around that everyone in my party had a great view. Our waiter, Badr, was very attentive to our needs as we ordered drinks all night. Good overall experience and we plan on going back soon!!Special Features:
- Good food...ehh service!washingtongirlDined on 11/15/2013We went here for dinner on Friday night. The place was packed but mostly with big groups. Our server forgot my 1 drink each of the 4 times he approached our table even after saying asking for it each time. The food was good but the server was not! It was just annoying to see him flirting with the hostess while we waited -Just expect to be a nag. Other than that it was great food and good energy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GNOJmf11VIPDined on 11/12/2013Went with 8 girls on a Tuesday for GNO and had a blast (Guys from a different table bought us all shots) Also, they have bottomless mimosas and bloody's on the weekends so I will definitely be back to watch football on their numerous flat screens. They had a great patio as well but it was freezing so we sat inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicebuckheadfoodVIPDined on 10/19/2013Food was very good. Service quick and accommodating. Nicely decorated. Valet made parking easy, even though a congested area. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.