Red Parrot Asian Bistro - Arlington, VA
1110 N. Glebe Road.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $30 and under
Red Parrot Asian Bistro - Arlington, VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redparrotasianbistro.com/
- Phone: 7033517880
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Red Parrot Asian Bistro - Arlington, VA
Red Parrot Asian Bistro was established with the concept of revolutionizing your cuisine experience and giving a one of a kind treat to your palates. We introduce variations of South East Asian cuisines offering Thai food, sushi, and Asian fusion for food lovers to enjoy. Here, at the bistro, we offer cocktail drinks, delicious Asian food and bubble tea. And best of all, we have a relaxing and wonderful environment for people to enjoy the atmosphere and the food. We define Red Parrot Asian Bistro to be a professional in South East Asian cuisine experience. Our goal is to reach out to the busy lifestyle of our guests. Our steadfast commitment is to serve the freshest, healthiest Asian inspired delicacies ranging from interesting selections of beverages and high quality foods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Parrot Asian Bistro - Arlington, VA reviews from OpenTable diners
- This is a fairly new restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2013This is a fairly new restaurant, and it wasn't very full at the time we visited. I am unable to say much about whether it will be a neighborhood gem or a hot spot, or whether it has a notable wine list. We had sushi, wine and beer, all of which was very enjoyable. The sushi was presented very elegantly and was tasty. It was a little pricey, but we don't go out for dinner very often so it was a bit of a splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedAlexEatsVIPDined on 8/7/2013I am a New York chinese-food-snob so take this with a grain of salt. Unfortunately a shaker of salt would not have saved this experience. Low quality, no taste food for a steep price. Glad to have checked it off from the neighborhood list, won't be going back.
- We love Red ParrotSabaBobDined on 8/3/2013We used to eat at the Red Parrot in Hanover and loved it. We were excited when one opened down here and closer to us. Our first visit was shortly after they opened. The food was good but not as good as Hanover. Our second visit was a bit better but still not Hanover quality--at least as far as the Sushi was concerned. Then we went this past Saturday night and sat at the Sushi bar. The food was EXCEPTIONAL and the service was outstanding. We got to talking to the Sushi Chef and he told us that he used to be at the Hanover restaurant. Either we hope he stays in Arlington or he teaches the folks in Arlington how to prepare dishes as good as he did. We had great food and superb service. We will return!!Special Features:
- The restaurant is new andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2013The restaurant is new and I went despite criticism of service from my office mates who had tried it when it first opened. I found the service very good - but the restaurant was largely empty. Most importantly, the Thai pepper steak was outstanding. It was also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was very good againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013Sushi was very good again We've had it both delivered and in restuarant - best in North ArlingtonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were the only customersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013We were the only customers on a Wednesday evening. The food was good and fresh and our servers were very attentive. We would suggest that the restaurant not cram the entrees into such small bowls as it makes eating them awkward and messy. Nice ambience in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little unorganizedjaredDined on 6/1/2013Granted the restaurant is new, so it may take some time to work out the kinks. Our waiter was friendly but he didn't seem to know what was on the menu or anything about the different dishes. For some reason, he disappeared and the chef ended up coming out of the kitchen to take our order. She was a hoot, and she even did a shot of liquor with a table near ours. She checked on us frequently. Food was okay - sushi was better than the Thai food. We didn't try the Chinese dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013Very nice menu. Mix of many types of Asian food. Went with a group Of 8 we had Chinese Japanese and Korean. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Only negative was parking. It was confusing and cost $2Special Features:
- I love the Red ParrotSabaBobDined on 5/11/2013I have eaten at the Red Parrot in Hanover many times and am very happy that they have opened another location in Arlington. We took some friends there for dinner and had a delightful meal. It was our second visit to this location and we WILL BE BACK. The food is always great and on the weekends the place is NOT all that busy as it is in the middle of an office complex area. So go on Friday and Saturday nights and you won't have to wait for a table or have a lot of noise. Great place.Special Features:
- Decent food, horrendous serviceEdritchVIPDined on 4/27/2013I read reviews. Most said the food was OK to good/service bad. I attributed most of that to the fact that they hadn't been open long. But they've been open for at least a month, so time to try. I made a reservation on OpenTable. We show up, and although there are only 6 tables occupied, no one greeted us. We stood at host station for about 5 minutes when finally a sushi chef greets us. He was unable to check us in. But since that wasn't his job, I didn't hold that against him. It quickly went downhill. Orders were placed. I'm then told they were out pork buns. I order dumplings. I'm told they're out of those. By the time we get this sorted out, my GF's appetizer and entree had both arrived. I's write more, but I'm out of characters....
- Good food but bad serviceJWAWHWDCVIPDined on 4/27/2013Many problems with service: one drink came, then two more, then probably ten minutes later my cranberry juice arrived. Similar situation with appetizers: one appetizer was served, consumed and cleared before the second appetizer arrived. The third appetizer arrived AFTER the entrees were served. Waiter did not appear well versed on the menu offerings. The food was good and there is a rather extensive menu...they just need to pay attention to service
- A great new restaurant for ArlingtoSabaBobDined on 4/26/2013We had been enjoying, for many years, the Red Parrot near BWI airport (Hanover, MD) and love the place. We tried out the Arlington location just 5 weeks after they opened. It was equally exceptional and I suspect that as word gets around about this place it will be packed. We had great food and wonderful drinks as well as exceptional service. Definitely will return.Special Features: