8400 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redmedicinela.com/
- Phone: 3236515500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly, seating from 6pm - 11pm. Bar: Nightly, serving food 6pm - 2 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jordan Kahn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Red Medicine
Angeleno Magazine's Best New Chef, Jordan Kahn, prepares modern, local cuisine featuring freshly foraged ingredients and unparalleled presentation. Plates vary in size from small snacks to large format proteins, and the entire menu is designed to be shared amongst the table. The wine list is focused on Riesling, with other whites and reds coming primarily from French or California producers that share an elegant, restrained style. The cocktail list is seasonal and changes frequently.Continued
There is a bar menu which is served at the bar and lounge until 2am, nightly.
There is a bar menu which is served at the bar and lounge until 2am, nightly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Red Medicine - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Red Medicine reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (55)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (29)good for groups (26)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014presentation & taste of the dishes is inimitable. a beautiful and special place, the kind you want to share with others. our go-to for special occasions or just a late dinner. our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Red Medicine RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I was very sad to learn that the restaurant will be closing at the end of October. A unique and delicious dining experience.Special Features:
- foodjazzDined on 10/15/2014Unusual ingredients, stunning visual presentation, and wonderful flavors made this a superlative dining experience. So sorry not to have found it sooner.Special Features:
- Service not as expectedGoodeggs123Dined on 10/15/2014Maybe it's because they are closing at the end of the month, but we were very disappointed with our experience. Sure the food is creative and beautifully presented, but the explanation and attention given it by the waitstaff was badly lacking. Our food was sat in front of us with a brief and not very enthusiastic description of what it was. If I were the chef who had created these beautiful dishes and saw a waitperson serving it that way, I'd be insulted and furious. The service and ambience did not match the talent of the chef. I'm glad they are leaving as I think the location is also not very impressive with no valet parking or decent parking nearby. We would not go back even if they were not closing. Too bad.Special Features:
- The bestluv2dineDined on 10/14/2014I for one am happy that they are closing, as I'm excited for Jordan Kahn's next venture and after visiting again the other evening, realized how much I dislike the location and the ambience of the restaurant and do not think it matches well with the food. The food is exquisite. It truly is the most unique in Los Angeles and Kahn is one of the most talented chefs in the world. But the location is way too loud and cavernous and too much like a bar; which stands to reason as the restaurant originally started as a "tavern." And the service is negligent, as would befit a tavern. So, I can't wait to see what's next!Special Features:
- Last hurrah before they close...oenophileVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had to come back one last time before they close at the end of the month!Special Features:
- Pretentious foodLasopaDined on 10/10/2014Service was very good The food looked stunning but as soon as i tasted it the magic was gone Left before finishing dinner
- SlowboyDined on 10/8/2014Molecular gastronomy at a very high level. The servers explain the food as they bring it out, and even then it's all something of a mystery, but a delicious and exciting one. Presentation is fantastic. For instance, that pale white parmesan-crisp looking thing on top of the uni is actually a condensed almond milk chip, or something. A few dishes are somewhat mundane (the small plate grilled beef, and the mushroom on kibble with weeds), but mostly the flavors are multi-faceted and delectable. The redwood dessert is among the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Totally uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014One of the most unique meals I've ever had. Each dish felt as if it was hand-picked from the forest. Never would I anticipate such ingredients being blended together. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST TO EXPERIENCEKUB0SDined on 10/1/2014This was my second time going to Red Medicine when I have travelled to LA and the second time was as good as the first. The service was great-so friendly and helpful, the vibe was laid back and LA style and the food is to die for, the chef is incredibly talented. A MUST to have the Pork & Beef brisket (large serving). A shame it will be closing down in a month as Myself and my friends & family absolutely love it & look forward to it when coming to LA. Hope there will be a relocation of Red Medicine or at least the chef to continue cooking... Because he is way too talented. Red medicine would be great to be in Sydney, Australia. If in LA, this is a must plus the pricing is very good for the quality and quantity of all meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!TexascountessDined on 9/28/2014One of the best meals I have had in years....Surprising! Amazing! So sad they are closing...Special Features:
- Not worth it for the priceYummersDined on 9/28/2014Decent food but way over priced. Spent $125 for food (4 small plates), 2 drinks, and 1 dessert for the 2 of us. For the price I would have expected excellence. Food was good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Culinary ExperienceWaidraDined on 9/25/2014We ordered the Chicken Dumplings, Trout Roe, Young Turnips, and Foraged Mushrooms. Food was mostly delicious, except for the frozen snap peas on trout roe. Dessert was very good, as well. The decor was nice but was expecting more ambiance. Service was mixed and could be improved. Overall, pricey but a fun culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 9/24/2014unique, imaginative, delicious food. Need more vegetable items. Why did they take off brussel sprouts. Miss them.Special Features:
- Don't go there.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant tries too hard to be avant garde… The food is not good… In fact it's weird… And it's courageously expensive.
- Perfect for a night at the SabantwoputtDined on 9/19/2014The food and presentation were amazing--and our waiter was very cordial and good. Interestingly, the servers seemed very pompous and snobby, even though our waiter was not. Enough so to slightly take away from the experience. Not interested in pomposity when I spend a couple hundred for dinner. Everything else was excellent. The scallops cooked on rocks were amazing. So were the foraged mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Beverly HillsHomecook100VIPDined on 9/19/2014We have dined here many times and always enjoy the experience. This place is very creative with both taste and presentation. We have notice that there is a little inconsistency of some of the items. We had the chicken dumplings which are very good, but this last time they we over cooked and a little dry. They looked over cooked so I was surprised they sent them out that why. They were still pretty good, but not up to their normal standard. We go to Red Medicine when we attend concerts at the Saban Theater, and for us that tradition will continue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious. One of the best restaurants I ever went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkingLuveatoutDined on 9/17/2014Everything is good but parking is the issue wish if you have convenient parking this restaurant would be perfect 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Comfortable and quiet. Food was delicious. loved the turnips and chicken meatballs( although small for three people. It should have 6 meatballs) Had a delicious white wine that I would like to come back just for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?SnowbirdDined on 9/14/2014This was my third trip to Red Medicine and I went again because the first two visits were jaw-droppingly good. I had a foodie friend in from Hong Kong and was really proud to be able to take her to a restaurant I'd enjoyed so much. Truthfully, the ambience and really poor acoustics in the restaurant have always been a sore point - it was much easier to hear the loud conversation going on at the table next to us than to hear each other talk. I can't believe that a chef who has (previously) cared so much about their food would want the experience otherwise impinged on. But for whatever reason the food this time was really really poor. Still very visually pleasing, very expensive, but the flavor completely unremarkable. Will not go again.
- Birthday bashOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The ambience and the service was excellent; The food was impeccable and surprisingly delicious. The only critique is the seating is too tight for party of five at the booth. There was not enough leg room or table space for the food. Other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nicely DoneChef2chefDined on 9/12/2014Welcoming staff and knowledgable. The ambiance is perfectly dim. Fishing for utensils out of a can on my table wasn't my favorite. Food is very pretty and kept me entertained. A lot of pieces to a dish. Spent time trying to figure out the best combo of pieces on each plate. Lots of acidic components to the tasting menu. Nice cocktails. A very enjoyable time overall. I do recommend giving it a try. I would be okay eating here once per year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixology Magic!Mac18Dined on 9/7/2014This was my third outing to Red Medicine over the course of my year in LA, and I must say it was the best! Upon being seated I found that a few of my favorites had been removed from the menu that the chef might try 'something fresh.' And let me tell you, he did! He always seems to blow my mind with his inventive creations, which are not only completely balanced, but inspired 'risks' for the palette. I mean, come on, where else can you get amazing tartare and have everyone you bring for the first time love it!? On top of this, the current cocktail menu is phenomenal! From whimsical floral cocktails to spicey jalapeño tequila drinks, anyone will find a beverage of choice here! To say the least, Red Medicine has Mixology Magic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!GreggphotoDined on 9/6/2014Truly one of the best meals I've ever had! The Alaskan Halibut with seaweed and onions is maybe the single greatest dish I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a journeymem68berVIPDined on 8/31/2014This place was in our family's (5 member) food bucket list. WAIT: 3mins, WHILE WAITING: i caught the look of two servers, the first looked at our grp fr left to right, up&down, thinking ok i will not let this bother me, i then looked around and thats when I caught the other server staring at us. Intimidating?up to you if you let it (lets just say we didnt experience this at Spago BH the night before when all 5 of us had dinner) DRINK: ice tea was good FOOD: 5 sml/1large plate and they were awesome! MAIN SERVER: it was the one that stared at us while waiting. The reason for the 4 star. She started by talking "down" to us. We dont judged people at first meeting but it was the same dessert time but we didnt let that ruined our experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had mix feelingsOmakaseLoverDined on 8/30/2014anything, but this: AKAUSHI BEEF unless you really like braised type of meat.. PHEASANT--very nice, not dry at all DUCK LIVER--if only they give you bread to accompany with it ^___^ SANTA BARBARA UNI--not bad, but had better PORK CHEEKS--not a fan, 'cuz it had that pork taste if you know what i mean when you say this fish dish smells fishy... SHAVED ICE OF REDWOOD STEMS--pretty looking~Special Features:
- Playful attentivenessValliefoodsterDined on 8/29/2014How delightful to have Red Medicine's tasting menu available last Friday night. It's simply superb. Not only are the ingredients and individual food items of the highest quality, but there's both a playfulness to the preparation and the presentation, and a level of attentiveness to the way the dinner is shaped as a whole. This is not a random series of dishes, but a carefully crafted dinner experience. All the wait staff were knowledgeable and seemed as delighted in each course as we were.Special Features:
- Not for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We eat around the world but thus by far was not for us. It was very pretty but the flavors were very lacking. We did not even finish our tasting because it was going in a bad direction. Sorry not our taste.Special Features:
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was an absolute culinary adventure! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food and "Art" meet on the plateAaronDined on 8/23/2014We had a nice dinner at Red Medicine. The prices are a little "high" but that's probably related to the amount of time they spend making the dishes look like art work. It's definitely worth trying. The chicken dumplings were awesome. Apparently the "large dishes" are for four or more people so my wife and I weren't able to try those.Special Features:
- A challenge for your boundariesIronJemVIPDined on 8/19/2014Beautifully presented dishes. A challenge that will push your boundaries in a good way. Perhaps the next step is crafting the story behind each dish.Special Features:
- creative dishes!StanDined on 8/15/2014super creative use of ingredients. Two of the four dishes we ordered were amazing. I'd come back to try some of the others even though we struck out on the other two. Definitely worth a try for those with a more adventuresome palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB212Dined on 8/14/2014The food was interesting and inventive. Looked a little bit like a science project at first, but after a bit it lived up to the raving reviews. For two people, we had five small plates and left incredibly stuffed with a hard time deciding which we liked the most. Must try!Special Features:
- Beautiful, yet unedibleYquem1965VIPDined on 8/14/2014A lot of attention given to the appearance of dishes. True masterpieces ... but the tastes simply do not accord. And a few potatoes, a little vinaigrette and a leaf or two in a large beautiful bowl do not make you a master chef. 300$ for two for the tasting menu with (poor) wine pairing simply isn't worth it. Our biggest disappointment in L.A.Special Features:
- Arrogance overshadows foodlo56Dined on 8/14/2014The first time I dined at Red Medicine, I was very impressed with the service as well as the quality and artistry of the various dishes we ordered. It was such a positive experience, that I referred the restaurant to many friends. However, after my most recently experience, I will not be returning. While the food was good, the arrogance and unfriendly attitude of our waitress (primarily) and staff ruined our evening... no smiles or helpful suggestions when asked about the menu. When we left, no one (our waitress, the host, or bartender) asked us how we enjoyed our meal or thanked us for coming. The attitude was across the entire staff which leads me to believe that it must be driven by management. What a disappointment!
- Delightful Tastes and TexturesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014It was our first visit so we tried the tasting menu. What a treat! The menu reads like a foodie fantasy (redwood shoots? Trout roe and sweet peas? Rhubarb vinaigrette?) and each course delighted us. After three courses to get our taste buds singing, the perfectly prepared lamb shoulder made the meal. All this for $65.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally unique & worth the visitgreat2dineDined on 8/12/2014Ambiance & food unique. Service a bit numb. just service. Doesn't match what this place is trying to be. Food & presentation outstanding. Would go back absolutely. My wife's 2nd visit $ same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuLGMadventureDined on 8/10/2014We selected the tasting menu. For us it was a foodie adventure. All the dishes, there were six of them, we're served in different serving pieces with many different ingredients in each dish. I bet many you have never eaten before. If you want an adventure, this is the restaurant for you.Special Features:
- Come here if you don't want to eatpfellieVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is terrible. We ordered half the menu and every dish that came out was more bland, more soggy and more unfortunate than the last. Only come here if you are on a diet and don't want to eat too much, or anything.