Red Maple Restaurant
1036 Lafayette Street
Gretna, LA 70053Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Red Maple Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theredmaple.com/
- Phone: (504) 367-0935
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bostick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party space is available for groups of all sizes. Please call our sales manager for booking and menu information.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Romano or Jodi Vouza 5043670935
- Special Events: Contact Mary Romano @ 504-367-0935
A word from Red Maple Restaurant
Family owned and operated since 1963, The Red Maple is a local favorite known for its steaks and seafood. Located just minutes from the French Quarter and downtown New Orleans, ample parking is available onsite at no additional charge. Private party facilities are also available - please call the sales department for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Maple Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- An Enjoyable Dinning ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I dine here about 2 times a year. We have had both good and bad experiences. This night was a very pleasant experience. Tara, our waitress was very good. Attentive, but not intrusive. We had the Carb Remick for an appetizer which we enjoyed. I had the breaded veal which was good and plenty of it. My wife had the filet which she said was seasoned very nicely. Only problem was that she ordered it Medium Well but it was served rare. My wife had the creamed spinach as a side and enjoyed it. I had the baked potato loaded I was nice that there was extra butter left on the table from the rolls which it needed. We both ordered a side house salad which in the future I would only order 1 and share it as it was pretty big for a side house salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait & SwitchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I made a reservation for my wife's birthday on a Saturday. The reservation was for 5:30pm. At 4:30pm (1 hour before we were scheduled to arrive) I received a call from the restaurant. The person stated that they would be only serving a limited menu, and that they were running some special for $49.95 per person. I immediately cancelled the reservation. We ended up going to Shoney's that evening as I could not get in another restaurant without a substantial wait time. At least their gumbo was good. Hard to rate the restaurant though, we never had the opportunity to show up.
- ambience trumps foodPoleRVortexDined on 10/7/2014Neither my wife, nor I, we're overly impressed. The waiter, a pleasant young man, came back three times to double check, or actually triple check our orders. My crabmeat au gratin was swimming in cheese sauce. It was tasty, but it drowned in the sauce. My wife enjoyed her asparagus, but her red fish was bland. The service is overrated, and the food overpriced. The bright spot.....the noise level ...there was nobody else in the restaurant, save for a gathering in the party room on a Tuesday evening at 6:00PM
- first impressionssimplydabestDined on 8/2/2014Everything about this resturant was great from the ambience to the food. The staff made me and my guest feel like VIP . Red maple I can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same Red MapledisappointedDined on 6/28/2014Having dined here many times in the past, I thought it would be a good choice to bring several friends for their birthday celebrations. NOT! Apparently, the chef has left and the new one leaves much to be desired. Also, while our server was good, he needed help, i.e. bus help, bartender. It took almost ten minutes before we got even water, and, that was after my husband went to the front and asked for it. Drinks took another ten minutes - I think the bartender must have disappeared. The restaurant was almost empty at 8pm in the evening. I now know why. Won't be going there again.
- Great if you live nearbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Nothing bad about the place at all, but we made a trip out from New Orleans. Could have done it in New Orleans and saved the cab fare.
- Forgotten treasureLuv2eatDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day. We ate an early lunch. Friendly greeting, seated right away. Service was excellent. Appetizers came out right away, and food came shortly thereafter. Everyone's food was delicious and hot (heat). Wine was very good also. Dessert was yummy. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Red Maple TraditionSTEWARTDined on 6/14/2014Red Maple Restaurant has not maintained prominence for several decades by disappointing it clientele. The service was timely, informative, fun and energetic. The ambiance is brick and wooden beams and cross-members, with a fireplace in the main dining room. The steaks are superb. The variety of offerings has been changed to more of steak restaurant, but seafood offerings are sound. We had a memorable meal and great time. The west bank should be proud of the Red Maple.Special Features:
- Great dinning and excellent serviceLive2EatDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I visited this restaurant for our anniversary. The service was great from the time we walked in to the time we departed. Our food was exceptional, it was cooked right and flavored well. Our host was prompt with seating us and our server came over within a minute or so to make sure we were taken care of. Our eggplant and crab-meat appetizer was delicious and was brought out within 10 minutes of ordering. Both entree's were delicious and were brought out timely and hot. I had a wonderful dining experience and will definitely be back to enjoy the atmosphere and eatery.Special Features:
- Comfortable diningDawgDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I keep going back since we had our first date there 15 years ago. Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Gretna's Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I first went to The Red Maple as a kid with my parents. I remember it being sensational then, and today is no different. The service is first rate, food second to none, decor is awesome. Kerry was our waiter and has been each time we dine there. He's been around for almost as long as the restaurant has been open and his service is the best ever! Turtle Soup was out of this world as always.Special Features:
- West bank but Worth The DriveDawgDined on 4/23/2014Added a little mileage and time to the commute, and well worth the drive. Ambience hits you as you walk over the little bridge across the patio and watch the goldfish flitter. Then a passage through the bar area to the rustic dining room. Rustic meets gourmet in the service and food category, servers and wait staff are there when you want them, and know when to disappear. Food and drink comes out timely, and the presentation and quality is there. A hidden Atlantis 5 minutes across the bridge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014My wife and I decided to dine at the Red Maple, and we enjoyed it greatly. We love the overall feel of the place. The food was perfect. Thanks for a great dinning experience. One of the best on the westbank!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great TimeHiddenGemDined on 3/22/2014This was my second outing to this location; the first one was lunch this was for dinner. The staff was excellent as was the food, the pond on the way in really sets the tone; the steins hanging from the ceiling just set the traditional tone of this location; we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful ExperienceJRLHDined on 3/21/2014We recently dined at The Red Maple to celebrate a friend's birthday. The service was prompt, helpful and consistent throughtout the evening. We shared the fried baby artichokes which were lightly fried and accompanied with a marinara sauce. The gumbo was thick and tasty. We enjoyed our entrees. The Redfish Pontchartrain was very good and the lump crabmeat was sweet. The fried shrimp pasta was well seasoned. There was a young man providing music consisting of guitar and singing. He played music without disrupting conversations. His choice of music was very pleasant. I have dined here for lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Friendly staff nice furnishings patio and bar areas too that feed into dining area. Quality of dish compared to price decent. Drink prices high though enjoyed the ambience and wood furniture. Waiter gave us a history lesson on the name of the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saintslilikeDined on 2/22/2014My server was very good, he let me know about the specials. Overall he was a good server, when I come back I will look for him,I forgot his name, but I know him by face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayLuvredmapleDined on 2/14/2014This is our third time going to Red Maple for Valentine's Day. This is a cozy, romantic restaurant. The staff is friendly and professional. The food is EXCELLENT. I will be back for next Valentine's Day and many times before. This is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverwhelmedDallasStarchildVIPDined on 2/14/2014When the food finally arrived, it was amazing. Too bad the staff couldn't get it together...we were seated 30 minutes late and it took another 30 minutes to get a drink order. Our food took 2 hours. People were just getting up and leaving. Perhaps the manager was off duty that night because the staff didn't have any idea how to deal with it. Maybe it was because of Valentine's Day? Hope they get it figured out because the food was stellar when it finally arrived.
- Very DisappointedLive2EatDined on 2/14/2014I booked a reservation at this restaurant for 8 PM on Valentines Day. My wife and I arrived at 7:55. We noticed an excessive amount of people waiting in the bar area. We were seated at 8:15 P.M. We placed our drink order at 8:20 and got our drinks about 8:30. We received one of our appetizers at 8:50. By 9:30 we had only received 1 of our 2 appetizers, no salads and no refills. We noticed other patrons who had been seated before us speaking with management and they had not even gotten their salads yet. After being seated for over 1.5 hours and only getting one drink and one appetizer we decided to go somewhere else and eat. I was very disappointed with the service and my overall experience was horrible. Nice restaurant bad experience.
- Went to Red Maple on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2014Went to Red Maple on Valentine's Day. Had an 8:00 reservation and was not even consulted till 9:15 when I had to walk up to the hostess and ask why I had not been seated. She said she would come find me when the table was ready, but that never happened...So we left at 9:45 and had an incredible meal at LUKE!!
- valentines dayvalentinesdaydisasterDined on 2/14/2014horrible horrible on valentines day! I would definitely go back to the restaurant but NOT on any type of holiday. We were there for 3 hours and only received our appetizer and salad. We had to have out entrée and deserts boxed up and brought home that we didn't even eat. We paid full price and I regret it. I should have only paid for what I enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We wanted to celebrate valentine's day early because of the restaurants being crowed on Friday so we selected to go on a Thrusday night and it was fabulous. My boyfriend had never eaten there before at all and had a wonderful time and said the dinner was great. Thanks JeannineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and atmosphere was great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Food and atmosphere was great... very quaint. Unfortunately our waiter lacked a significant amount of training for the price, which truly downgraded our total dinner experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemHiddenGemDined on 1/2/2014Red Maple is tucked away in Gretna La, I found it on Open Table and am glad I did. As you walk into the dinning entrance you come across a very nice coy pond. Once inside you are taken into a Canadian themed setting; it's very nice, with classical steins hangning from the celling. My family came to celebrate my wifes birthday, there was something on the menu for everyone and we really had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's BirthdayPenny5125Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I, along with a couple of close friends, were here for New Year's Eve. I was celebrating my birthday that night. The restaurant was nice. We were seated at a table next to a Christmas tree in the back near the fireplace. It was the perfect setting for a special occasion. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable of the menu, and attentive. The food was delicious, and we could not have asked for better service. Thank you Red Maple Restaurant for making my night special! We had a great time, and we will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmosphereCasualdinerDined on 12/31/2013This place has great food and service for a reasonable price.Nice enough for a special occasion,casual enough for a Friday nite dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD POOR SERVICELOVETHEREDMAPLEDined on 12/24/2013We came to the Red Maple for Christmas Eve Dinner with my in laws whom never been here before. We got there at 5 pm. Drinks came around 530-545. Took our food order about 6:30, got our food about 7:45. We got 2 re fills after waiting 30 minutes due to our waiter never checking in on us from time to time. Now keep in mind, when we got there at 5pm, NO ONE was there til 6 pm. We should have been in and out by 730 at the latest. We've been here many time and this was our first oppps, so We will be back!!!! I was a little embarrassed due to the fact of us raving about the place and my inlaws were not impressed. Hopefully we can get them back again and prove to them how nice of a place The Red Maple really is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - Excellent Local FlavorbfnjDined on 12/7/2013Had a great meal here - loved the service, food was nice and restaurant was cool! Would definitely go back...Special Features:
- just sayingavgjoeDined on 11/21/2013internet menu needs updating , many items no longer on actual menu! Not gluten free friendly
- Service was Great, Food wasLove76VIPDined on 11/18/2013Service was Great, Food was Great, Can't complain about anything!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as "Down Town".CruzzzzzingDined on 11/15/2013A short hop from downtown New Orleans, The Red Maple Restaurant was friendly and we were made to feel at home. You owe it to yourself to take the ten minute drive and enjoy this break from the down town core. The food quality is as great as many name brand restaurants and the pricing and service being outstanding certainly represent high value.Highly recommended!!!!Special Features:
- Service was terribleJohnDined on 10/18/2013The service at this restaurant is terrible. It took us three tries get the wine list, our server struggled to get our drinks right, we couldn't get a refill on bread despite asking multiple times, our sides of asparagus came out cold and our dinner took about three hours. I do not recommend that anyone go to this restaurant the food is not good enough to make up for the incredibly slow service.
- Birthday celebrationMsSue06Dined on 10/15/2013We were celebrating the birthday of our son's girlfriend. Neither one had been there before. They loved the food & will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRICK, FIREPLACE AND LARGE BEAMSSTEWARTDined on 10/12/2013e Romantic setting; occasionally crowded. Thoughtful and innovativ appetizers e with Warm and cozy. Great steaks, Redfish Pontchartrain, seafood items. Overlooked because of west bank location, but 2 blocks from west bank expressway......It should be added to list of plces not to miss!...........StewartSpecial Features:
- Uneven food but good service.SparkyDined on 10/11/2013My husband really enjoyed his tuna although I was not impressed by the baked, stuffed, flounder. It was on the boney side and the celery to crab ratio of the stuffing was off. Quiet for a Friday night and on the casual side. Service was very attentive. The atmosphere reminded of an old New England pub with barrel casks in the wall which I thought a bit odd. Overall, we enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend the frieddoxiemommaVIPDined on 8/26/2013Would recommend the fried artichoke hearts with marinara or bordelaise sauce....very good!! Enjoyed the pan seared white baby veal with bordelaise sauce. Meat was very tender and not too much breading. Roasted potatoes were cooked perfectly....very soft. Crab meat au gratin was very rich, but watery toward the bottom of the dish. This is on the appetizer menu, but my husband ordered it as an entrée and still couldn't finish it all. Awesome lump crab meat in the dish. Bread pudding with rum sauce was a delight. Ask for John as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the history of theKit77VIPDined on 8/24/2013We love the history of the Red Maple and Kerry always makes it a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience At Red MapleNanny52Dined on 6/22/2013We chose Red Maple to eat because my nephew had a rehearsal dinner there and the food was fab. So me and my friend went to eat a evening meal and it was excellent. The Red fish pontchartrain my friend had was awesome (I had it in the past). I had the shrimp and crabmeat Lafitte. This too was excellent. Our waiter was exceptional!! Great experience once more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Maple has been a WestbankOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Red Maple has been a Westbank staple for "fine dining". We love the atmosphere, staff, and food. Our waiter recommended the sweet potato casserole and it was "to die for"!!! I recommend it to everyone.Special Features: