Red LuLu Cocina & Tequila Bar
128 Washington St
Norwalk, CT 06854Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Red LuLu Cocina & Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redlulumexican.com/
- Phone: 2039391600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5;00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Juan Reyes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: For all information regarding special events - please contact our events coordinator Catalina Ramirez by email. Catalina@cb5restaurantgroup.com
- Entertainment: DJ's every Friday & Saturday night.
A word from Red LuLu Cocina & Tequila Bar
Traditional ingredients with a modern preparation of authentic Mexican cuisine. Come try our 'Lolita Margarita' - winner of Best Margarita in the gold coast - 2011. We offer over 170 different tequilas, as well as an extensive cocktail list sure to satisfy even the most discerning patron.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red LuLu Cocina & Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- The service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013The service and atmosphere were great but the food less so. The ahi tuna appetizer was too well done and the shrimp in the tacos were the smallest I've seen in a long time. I really wanted to like this restaurant but the food was disappointing.
- Going underOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2013I brought 3 clients for dinner on a Thursday. I was told that it can be busy to I should make a reservation. For 6pm dinner, the place was empty. We went to the bar for a drink, and they were out of: tequila, vodka, whiskey, and several wines. They explained there were issues with the delivery (where I think they just did not pay their bill). Secondly, they were also out of fish tacos, which was disappointing. The server was nice, but how can you be a tequila bar with no tequila?
- Took concept of Mexican foodUVADADVIPDined on 1/26/2013Took concept of Mexican food to a higher level with non traditional enhancements. Very interesting red velvet decor. Fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Urban GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2013Web you walk in the door you are taken to a trendy destination. Everything from the velvet wall paper to the cotton candy dessert has been thought of and planned. The margaritas are freshly squeezed and there is a unique selection of both tequilas of all ranges and a margarita for every palate. The menu is new age Mexican. Some classic favorites with a twist. A fun spot to be with groups or take a date! Their service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food and servicepponzoVIPDined on 1/18/2013Great food and service, a little dark, but lots of fun.Special Features:
- Food was fine. Fajitas areOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2013Food was fine. Fajitas are definitely the way to go. Margaritas were good. We were the only customers that night due to the snowstorm that morning. The servers were nice however, we would have appreciated more attention and more drink refills.
- The service was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013The service was great, the margaritas were a little disappointing, we thought there would be a bigger drink menu. The steak was delicious, but the shrimp was too salty, our server was greatSpecial Features:
- My boyfriend and I love RedJRizz87Dined on 12/31/2012My boyfriend and I love Red Lulu! The decor is very cool. The two times we've been there they were projecting Casablanca & then Nightmare Before Christmas on the walls! the food is great, too. Their margaritas are amazing. But if you're not into food with some heat, this may not be the place for you!Special Features:
- Good for Drinks - Not FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/16/2012Food isn't the reason to go here unless its after much drinking. I used to have a higher opinion of the location but after our most recent meal I can firmly say this is over priced Mexican with lots of smoke and mirrors. A great drink spot is what it boils down to.Special Features:
- Great for hanging out NOT dinnerWeLoveBrunchDined on 12/8/2012Great for a night out for cocktails and just hanging out .... Food lousy and waaaay over priced. The seafood guac was good but $16?? C'mon now.. Order individual drinks because pitchers are weak for the steep $45Special Features:
- I had a reservation and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012I had a reservation and was sat 15 minutes late. I was given a very small table near the stairs, which did not fit my party of 3 comfortably. The ambience was so so. The music level was fine until roughly 10 pm when the dj cranked the volume up, I couldn't hear my companions over the noise. I don't think I'd visit this location again. I'll stick to Lolita.
- yuck-oOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012bad choice for dinner. Food was terrible and margarita pitchers were not worth the heafty price tag as pitchers were overflowing with ice which lead to watered down and unpotent drinks!! Service was awful, never received requests for water, additional place settings, and nobody spoke english!!!
- The decor creates a feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2012The decor creates a feel of fantasy. It's a very fun place to go on a date. The margaritas are delicious and per a recommendation made on yelp, we tried the diablo margarita and were not disappointed! The food was very good and the complimentary cotton candy is a nice touch! Overall a great experience with very friendly staff.Special Features:
- A classic for good drinks,AmelieHDined on 11/16/2012A classic for good drinks, mex food and cool setting/people.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012We were celebrating my birthday. Our first round of margaritas in the bar were awesome but our second round not so much! At dinner, they forgot our appetizer so it arrived at same time as dinner. The staff apologized and mentioned a problem in the kitchen. We all ordered the fish tacos. They were pathetic. There was a piece of fish that was almost microscopic . The manager came by our table as they arrived and also was surprised on the contents, however did not offer a replacement. We had waited so long for food that we ate what we could as we were starving. We expressed our dissatisfaction once again to the waitress We were quite amazed that we were still charged full price for all the entrees. I had a better taco at taco bellSpecial Features:
- Decent Mexican food and greatBigBlueReviewVIPDined on 10/12/2012Decent Mexican food and great mararitas. But come for the atmosphere (a combination of hip, romantic, stylish, and Disneyworld Haunted House) and the tequila (something like 100 on their list). Our check was accompanied by complimentary cotton candy and temporary tatoos... an experience as much as a meal.Special Features:
- empty restaurant, seated next to .peteDined on 9/15/2012saturday night, decided on to go out early, have 6:45 pm reservations, the place is empty, we were walked through the restaurant, to the back, and seated next to the only other table with people in the restaurant, it became clear after we ordered that we were seated next to a table with a screaming child. Service was not too attentive did not get a chance to comment until we had be served drinks and appetitizers. I do not understand why they would seat someone next to a child with the entire restaurant empty. I guess it is an attitude that really diminished the experience. Will likley return, but a disappointing experience.
- Overpriced and disappointingFendVIPDined on 9/15/2012The food was good but not outstanding (interesting takes on standard Mexican fare), the service good but not great, but we really liked the space and atmosphere. It gets a 2/5 vs a 3/5 because of the prices, particularly for the tequila (and we love good tequila, and good tequila bars), were just too high for what they deliver. Per shot prices for Anejos were anywhere from 10-50% higher than they would be at any other restaurants with comparable tequila lists. The margaritas (tried the regular and diablo) were also a little flavorless. Reading this, you'd think we hated it. We didn't. We just think it could have been much better, and should have been given the premium they're charging.
- It was either an off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012It was either an off night or things have gone down hill... Place was empty. Gone is the shaved ice with tequila, gone are the special salsas with the chips, gucamolie with crab & lobster just isn't as good, and gone are the red lulu tatos. No menu specials... Took 15 minutes for silverware to eat our entrees. Just not the same place it once was....Special Features:
- we had been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012we had been to the restaurant years ago, when it was a new hot spot in town. Had an GREAT experience and wonderful service. We did wait a while for out table , but didn't care since the bar scene was so much fun this experience was much different. We were seated promptly, but that was the best thing the food was ok? our service was fair at best. i don't think we are returning anytime soon
- DisappointedtymelyronVIPDined on 8/25/2012Had an early pre-movie dinner (5:45 p.m.) Saturday night, while service was prompt and friendly, we were not impressed with the fairly limited menu and the food itself; very dark, ordinary tasting items (mainly tortillas and quesadillas); large cocktail/beer menu, though one of the draft beers we ordered had an "off" smell and was promptly replaced; seems like more of a place to go for drinks, could imagine it would get very loud later in the night.Special Features:
- A vibrant scene that is enhancedTheEagerEpicureanVIPDined on 8/15/2012A vibrant scene that is enhanced by great service and good food. The intimate setting and seductive decor make it perfect for a date. The variety of offerings and the excellent tequila bar make this the perfect, hip spot for the twenty-somethings.Special Features:
- The restaurant was too darkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012The restaurant was too dark and almost creepy in decor. Not good for families. Menu was a bit limited and we were disappointed that menu only had one type of seviche (shrimp)...we had read about the wonderful assortment of serviche in a review (NYT perhaps?).
- It was very Very dark. TheySONOdinerDined on 8/10/2012It was very Very dark. They sat us at a table and we couldn't see each other. We moved to the bar to eat and the rest of the nigh was fine
- Way too loud for a ThursdayBMBPVIPDined on 8/9/2012Way too loud for a Thursday night dinner before 7pm! Waitress was definitely trying to get us to spend more money and was constantly asking us about add ons which was really annoying
- It was such a fun venue forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012It was such a fun venue for all my college girl friends and me to catch up over dinner. I thought we were going more for the entertainment factor, but the food was spectacular!Special Features:
- Disappointed in SoNo.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012The fish tacos were a little fishy tasting and the steak was flavorful but tough. Service was good as was the margarita that was prepared per my instructions. The sister restaurant, Lolita in Port Chester is much better.
- Great atmosphere, food, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Great atmosphere, food, and service. Only order drinks with taquilla in them. All the other drinks on their menu are sub-par. But what do you expect when irdering a non-tequilla drink from a tequilla bar. Overall great place. A little pricey... makes hood for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Loved the inside of the restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2012Loved the inside of the restaurant, music, and decor were awesome. Service was a little slow, but not bad.Special Features:
- Start with SangriakewdigitalDined on 5/23/2012Great Mexican...Start with a pitcher of their Red Sangria. Fabulous Guac, chips, and dips. I had a pork dish that was delicious, the others had taco's, quasidilla (spell check)and lemon chicken. Everyone loved their dishes.Special Features: