Red Lantern – Thunder Valley Casino Resort
1200 Athens Avenue
Lincoln, CA 95648Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Red Lantern – Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (916) 408-8326
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: daily, 11 a.m - 4 p.m. Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5 p.m. – midnight; Friday & Saturday, 5 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Red Lantern – Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Red Lantern Chinese cuisine explores unique culinary perspectives on traditional recipes and cooking techniques to craft authentic Asian dishes with Hong Kong-style flair. Savor house specialties sure to tempt every palate such as dim sum, fresh seafood, noodle dishes and barbecue as well as a host of other delicacies complemented by a signature cocktail menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Lantern – Thunder Valley Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014All good was very salty and even drinks took 30+ min. To get. Staff was friendly but for the restaurant to be empty and drinks to take that long was frustrating. Our food came out at different times, while half our guests were finished, the other half was just receiving their food.
- Great ambiance at reasonable pricesTheSpotlightDined on 11/7/2014Good food and service for a reasonable price. Was able to avoid the huge buffet lines and the raucus noise levels by reserving a table for two at 6:30 pm at the Red Lantern. Friendly service and a nice table by the fire. It was nice to speak in a normal tone of voice and be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerwhateverDined on 11/1/2014The noise level was extremely loud. I could not hear what the waitress was saying. I was also disappointed that we were seated banquet style instead of a round table. I specifically said that one of the twelve would be a toddler expecting a highchair to be at the table and there was not. The first chair they brought had a broken strap so they had to bring another chair which caused a lot of confusion. We were asked what we were celebrating and we pointed out the four people at the table that were celebrating birthdays. With that being said I thought u were going to bring complementary deserts But that didn't happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Thank you so much for the great meal! The service was nice and prompt!Special Features:
- Food is consistently goodLovethisplaceDined on 10/11/2014One of our favorite restaurants. The food and service is consistently good. The restaurant decor is exceptionally warm and welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!MikeandKathyDined on 10/4/2014Red Lantern puts the Steak House to shame. We've eaten at both and the Red Lantern by far is better food and quality service. We'll not go back to the Steak House. Can't say enough! When we go to Thunder Valley, we always invite friends to eat at the Red Lantern. We also tell our friends, don't eat at the Steak House...RED LANTERNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & QuickOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014Went to dinner here before a concert at Thunder Valley. The food was good and the service was friendly. I'm glad I made a reservation in advance because it was very crowded before the concert. We were seated right away but others were told the wait was an hour! The honey walnut prawns were delicious. Corkage is a bit pricey for this type of restaurant.Special Features:
- Food pretty goodJColDined on 9/27/2014The food was better than I expected and they have a smoked sea bass dish that everyone in our party thought was some of the best fish they had ever had. And kudos to Open Table for getting us in. Although the restaurant indicated that they did not have room for us, we made 2 Open Table reservations to encompass the entire 6 person party (4 and 2 person reservations). We went back to the hostess, who immediately had access to our reservations and immediately sat us - and sat us together. The service was a little slow, especially since we were going to a concert.Special Features:
- SactglfDined on 9/26/2014The food is very good. Very busy, make sure to make reservations. The noise level is high, so don't expect a quiet romantic spot.Special Features:
- Not bad, not great!juswntastyDined on 9/5/2014The salads were very good, The appetizer was tasty, but the BBQ pork was dry and hard. More like jerky. I felt like I could stick it in my pocket as a chewy snack for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokyLemonadeDined on 8/31/2014I didn't think the smoke from the casino would be so strong in h restaurant. Not sure I would return.Special Features:
- Nice Way to Start the EveningSashaVIPDined on 8/30/2014We sat at the Bar, Awesome Service! Very fresh fish for both of us!! Ended up Winning a Good Chunk of Money! The Bartender was our "Lucky Charm"I would recommend this to a friend.
- lvmscDined on 8/29/2014We had reservations for dinner after the concert at Thunder Valley. The concert started late, so we were 45 minutes late for dinner. However, they were very gracious and seated us right away. Wish they had their own restroom because we had to stand in a LONG line before we were able to actually eat our dinner....so the dinner had cooled off by the time we returned to the table. The waitress messed up .... we had ordered the "set price" dinner which included 2 appetizers, soup, 2 entrees, and dessert. We were confused when we received just the 2 entrees. She offered to bring us the soup and charged us only for the 2 entrees. The waitress was very attentive and apologetic through the rest of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionGreatDined on 8/28/2014The menu is huge, my only disappointment is there were so many dishes I wanted to trySpecial Features:
- Enjoyable LunchSashaVIPDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our lunch, everything very fresh (curry chicken, combo barbeque plate). Look forward to coming back soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romancing the StoneTeeBearDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten at a number of Chinese restaurants locally, and Red Lantern by far is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and quick!food4kdbDined on 8/8/2014Going to a concert we were fed quickly but not rushed. Everything presented beautifully and all excellent. Definately will be back again but make reservations ahead of time and you will be guaranteed a table when you need it!Special Features:
- darned good chinesemaxthesaxDined on 8/8/2014tasted several dishes and all were wonderfully prepared with fresh ingredients. If I lived in the area, I would eat there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & cramped quarters!tropicDined on 8/1/2014To bad this place was so disappointing. Never got our tea, took 15 minutes to get our drinks. The waiter was in a hurry and way over booked. Food was just ok, not worth the price. Tables are way to close together, hard for disabled to move around.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Red Lantern – Thunder Valley Casino Resort reviews archive.
- once againthankskdVIPDined on 7/29/2014thunder valley casino has great food; one can have café lunch, buffet, or Chinese on days he or she has no desire to gamble and be perfectly content. the red lantern was delightful and excellent as we have come to learn, even if we had no casino member discount on that eve.Special Features:
- Not sure this timeNateVIPDined on 7/25/2014Lily was our server. She was the best. My wife had the $37 Sea Bass again. This time it was not good. It came out raw. They took it back and it still was not right. My singapore noodles were great as usual. We were celebrating our one year anniversary and they tried to put us on an outer table alone. We wanted to sit in the center area. My wife insisted and we were finally moved. We may not go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night DinnerwithjmjDined on 7/19/2014On the spot to find a great restaurant for four, we went to the Red Lantern and was not disappointed. Great service, food selection and bar. Would always recommend the lettuce wraps for starters. Several visits to Red Lantern and never unhappy with service or quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014The food was great. Great flavors, great menu. The resteraunt was packed so it did take a little while to get our food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get er Done!HappyDined on 7/18/2014Yep, based on the headline, you may have guessed. We came here prior to a Larry the Cable Guy gig at the Casino. The gig was great. The food? Very enjoyable. We needed a reliable "in and out" eat time so we could get to the show. We made a reservation and allowed 90 minutes. We used 80. So, not a fast place, but that is not what we wanted, otherwise we would have picked Panda Express. Certainly high quality food, reasonable service, and good choice. Suggest anyone attending an event at the Casino should consider this as their venue of choice, but make a reservation. Beats standing in line at the buffet for an hour to find someone had already taken all the crabs legs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- managementshavingsVIPDined on 7/1/2014We found the price too be double that of any other Asian restaurant in our area. We had a terrible experience with our bill in which we had to wait over 45 minutes to clear up a $11 comp which we were told was available to use at the restaurant by their awards center where we had just bought $220 worth of show tickets. After a horrible wait they finally gave us the comp which they said resulted by our not waiting for 48 hours to use. I don't think they would treat any of their high limit gamblers like they did us. I will not go back and make sure Sun City friends know of this.
- Quality food, casino prices.RickDined on 6/28/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary. Our server Derek was conscientious and pleasant. Food was excellent, but prices are substantially higher than typical Chinese restaurants, which was expected. Great menu variety.Overall a very pleasant experience. Will be back for future special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good butChangedDined on 6/28/2014We have had lunch and dinner here before and were really looking forward to Dim Sum, unfortunately we were told by our waiter that the chefs have changed. Meaning, no more Dim Sum. Oh well, the food was still delicious.Special Features:
- Your 3 Course MealMarcwithaCDined on 6/28/2014All you need to order is: Appetizer- Spring Rolls, Main- Smoked Bass, Dessert- Cheesecake. You won't regret it!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just righttamtamDined on 6/14/2014The food and price were great. The lemon drop martini was awful. We had it taken off the bill. We had to find our waitress more than once. We all had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO RED LANTERN!MNewtonDined on 6/7/2014AWESOME FOOD. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO LOVES ASIAN FOOD AND WANTS A FESTIVAL OF FLAVORS IN THEIR MOUTH!Special Features:
- Confirmation Dinnerlillie417Dined on 5/25/2014We had a group of 10 people for our granddaughters Confirmation. The food was great and served in a timely manner and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely!Special Features:
- RushedMKPPPPDined on 5/11/2014Went with family for Mothers Day. Ordered special. Salad showed, 3 minutes 2nd course shows up, and 3 minutes later main course shows up. Saw it happen to two couples across the way. Ended up with three plates per person on the table while finishing 1st course. Felt like I was being rushed out the door, even though I just ordered. Looked like very few employees cared, except for wait staff which you didn't see after ordering until check comes. Has gone down hill big time. Never going back.
- Pleasant SurpriseFineDineDreamDined on 3/22/2014Such a pleasant experience. Great food and attentive service on a Saturday night with friends. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par.Brody31Dined on 2/15/2014The food at the restaurant was just so so. It wasn't bad my any means but when spending 70 dollars in dinner I expected a little bit more. The service was super slow. We has reservations at 7 and we were sat right away. The disappointing part was that we didn't even get our drinks until 730. Our food didn't take too long but then our server never came back. All in all it was a pretty big let down and we will not be returning.
- LOVE GOOD NON GREASY CHINESEDOOLEYDined on 2/15/2014LOVE GOOD NON GREASY CHINESE FOOD AND YOURS WAS SUPERB. HAVE EATEN HERE MANY TIMES AND NEVER DISSAPOINTED IN THE FOOD OR THE SERVICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chinese with some twistsSacEatzDined on 2/14/2014I ate here on Valentine's Day and my guest and I both enjoyed it. Although it's Chinese, there are a number of other Asian specialties like a sushi roll appetizer and a curry chicken, both of which we tried and enjoyed. The fried rice was fluffy and not at all greasy. My favorite dish was the honey walnut prawns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service but excellentamberrDined on 2/14/2014Poor service but excellent food. No staff understands much english there.Special Features:
- just okdougDined on 2/14/2014went for a valentines night dinner, made reservation and table was on time. food was good ...not great, service was hectic and irratic. food items were staggered and not on time together. hot tea was horrible. was very noisy. not an experience we expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Lantern VDAYADAF37Dined on 2/14/2014This was my first time eating at this establishment. My wife's second, but first time eating more of the items from the menu. We were running late and had called the restaurant to tell them we might slip by 15 minutes. They easily accommodated us for the later time. Once we were seated everything went rather smooth. Service was pretty good and the food was excellent. We were eating from a special four course V-day menu. Our only concern about the service for this special V-day event was the pace between each course felt rushed, especially for valentine's day where people like to sit, feel relaxed, talk with their company, and not run through each portion of their meal. I hope this was just an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experienceMandJDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time dining at the Red Lantern in the Thunder Valley Casino. The casino area was quite busy being St. Valentines day and a Friday evening. The Red Lantern we found to be inviting with a good and caring staff. We chose the 4 course Valentine special being offered for $38.00 per person. The meal was very good ... we brought most of it home to enjoy later. We are planning on joining the Red Lantern in the future for another enjoyable evening. So glad to find another neat place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.