Red Lantern CT
240 MGM Grand Drive
Ledyard, CT 06338Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Red Lantern CT
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redlanternfoxwoods.com/
- Phone: 8603128480x
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen Hours: 5pm-10pm Sun, Tues-Thurs, 5pm - 12am Fri & Sat
Lounge Hours: 5pm- 11pm Sun, Tues-Thurs, 5pm - 12am Fri, 5pm - 2am Sat
*Red Lantern is closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Long
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Red Lantern Foxwoods is located above Shrine Nightclub. The two properties are both owned and operated by Big Night Entertainment Group. For guests looking for entertainment options after dinner please email email@example.com or call a VIP host at 860.312.8760 for Reservations & Bottle Service.
- Special Events: Sushi classes, corporate luncheons, dinner receptions, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties and more
A word from Red Lantern CT
Red Lantern is unlike anything Foxwoods has ever seen before. With a capacity of 225 people, Red Lantern is modeled after its sister property in Boston, and features a redesigned open kitchen, full sushi counter and lounge area. Once again designed by the award-winning Peter Niemitz, the space also features 66 lanterns hanging overhead with the entrance marked by oversized, red ceremonial doors. Featuring a large leather, wraparound couch, high-back red club chairs, black tufted club chairs and acupuncture lamp statues throughout, Red Lantern Connecticut has the same feel so many have fallen in love with, in its Boston counterpart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Red Lantern CT reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (15)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Spot!rlittle244Dined on 10/18/2014Interesting layout, great atmosphere, matched by great cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I have been a bartender & waitress so I know when to cut them slack for being busy, but this was not the case. We had a party of 6 & our table was not ready so we got drinks at the bar. I got a pearl harbor which took the bartender a long time to make. My group sat down while I waited 5-10 minutes to pay for 2 drinks. My husband told the waitress that his drink was not good so she suggested ordering a diff 1. He asked for a drink menu & waited 10 minutes to get it. Some1 from my table got up & got it for him. After another 10 minutes, we finally flagged down the waitress & he ordered a diff drink. Our waitress barely checked on us the entire time there. We were not that demanding. I am very disappointed. I loved this place in the past!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexBVIPDined on 10/10/2014Superb Asian at the Fox Tower at The Foxwood resort. Food delicious with very large portions. Service excellent. One of the better at the Complex.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband took me to your restaurant for my birthday. The dining room is beautiful, Delicious food and attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrendoussok01002Dined on 9/28/2014Spent $150 on burnt ribeye, overcooked asparagus, disgusting mashed potato sticks and frozen lobster tail. Overpriced for a half start restaurant. Server took our appetizer right out from under us, as I was trying to eat and didn't even ask if we were done with it. The ambience was nice. It's an Asian fusion joint and all they had was one Asian beer on the menu. Too noisy to even have a conversation because the music was blaring. This would be a cool place to hang out at the bar but never eat at. I wouldn't go back and I wouldn't recommend it. It was a waste of money and time. Save yourself some money and go get a better steak at Outback or Longhorns. Their steaks are better and service probably is too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014All you can eat sushi was a great value. Great food, Great service!!Special Features:
- Very goodPeterVIPDined on 9/9/2014The food here was very good, including a salad, hot and sour soup, and hoisin chicken. The fried rice was good, but was not quite seasoned enough.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!cabrita24Dined on 8/29/2014Great food and service! We will Def go back!!! Everything came out quick, hot and delish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Had a lovely meal at Red Lantern ... ate there though a great Travelzoo offering ... would go there again ...Special Features:
- Delicious, but expensive!ErikDined on 8/27/2014The food is fantastic, especially their sushi. However, it's real easy to spend $70 on two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KfmurrayesqDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and the service at the dining table was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodjoysDined on 8/16/2014had grate service. We had to eat and be out for the show. everything was timed accordingly for party of four. We couldn't have leftovers. I thoroughly enjoyed the duck, so so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Everything was wonderful. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alphadmmDined on 8/1/2014Food is excellent although some dishes might be slightly overpriced. I am a frequent customer at the Foxwoods location. It could get quite crowded in the evening because of shows or the night club downstairs. Noise level could get pretty loud at times. If you like a quiet dinner, go earlier in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun scene, good (not great) foodYuriyGVIPDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful decor, good and attentive service mostly, nice cocktails and wine list. Food is also inventive and interesting but honestly does not have that pizzazz. Both rolls we ordered were nothing special, despite their price tag ($15-$17). The rice bites were interesting, but the rice part of it was too thick and left us chewing for what felt like ages - it overwhelmed the wonderful tuna on top. The stone platter was cool but for $24 and 6 pieces of meat/fish, also over-priced. The spicy edamame was very good though!Special Features:
- Great sushi!Hondagrl22Dined on 7/12/2014Amazing sushi and asian meals, great spot to celebrate a special night like the bachelorette party we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a Good ExperienceFoodCriticDined on 7/12/2014Food was Good. I had the Surf and Turf and the Philly Roll to start. Rice on Philly roll was very sticky, but otherwise okay. Steak and Lobster was FANTASTIC! Steak was cooked to perfection! Our waiter was very busy, which took away from his attentiveness at our table of 8. Great music and ambiance. I recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food - Incredible DrinksKTTTDined on 7/3/2014We looked forward to an upscale Asian culinary experience - didn't quite hit the target of PF Chang's but still very good. Ok food - great soups - great drinks - Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot at Foxwoods!hewlsDined on 6/28/2014We came for dinner before a show at Foxwoods and it was great--close to the theater entrance and right off the Fox Tower casino. Our dinner reservations were relatively early (by casino standards) so it was quiet when we first arrived but began to fill in more as time went on. A bachelorette party came in, some families were seated--a wide variety of patrons... All in all our experience was wonderful. Great ambiance and the food was divine. We did have to flag our server down a few times to order more drinks, however, this wasn't much of an issue for us since we were taking our time at dinner. I'd recommend this place!Special Features:
- The following 331 reviews are from the Red Lantern CT reviews archive.
- Red Lantern shines brightTiRaDined on 6/18/2014Entering the Lantern was just as it should be...inviting. From the hostesses smile to the exotic decor we felt comfortable immediately. We quickly decided on the endless sushi. Our waiter was exceptional, giving as much information as needed on each and every item available. The spicy tuna roll and shrimp tempura will not disappoint and were bursting with flavor and texture. The cool California roll was the perfect marriage providing the cool note to the sushi parade. Wednesday is the only day that this special is available and we strongly suggest it for sushi aficionados. If sushi is not your cup of tea there are plenty of wonderful choices on the Lanterns menu. The couple on our left loved their steak offering. Our advice...Just Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casino funShannonDined on 6/7/2014Red Lantern has really great food. Off of the Casino, it's very lively and relatively noisy, which is fine unless you rather not have that kind of atmosphere. Service is knowledgeable of menu and quick.Special Features:
- Just ok overallRanunculasDined on 6/7/2014We went before a show at Foxwoods. Our drinks were ok, nothing special, actually a little weak. My husband and I both had appetizers off of their specials. His curry calamari was overcooked, but nicely flavored. My Salmon Tartar Tacos were actually quite tasty, but their was more mango than salmon. My husband loved his duck, but unfortunately my Short Rib Stir Fry had no real taste. The meat could have been anything, although the broccolli (must have been a whole head!) was very good. Too many good places to eat at Foxwoods to go back, so we won't be eating there again.
- nice atmosphereksgshmoopsVIPDined on 6/1/2014Food is definitely over priced and not the best, but it is a fun ambiance to spend time in to get away from the casino floors. Lo mein was weird, chewy, and very greasy, but the sushi was ok and effort was put into the presentation. Seems like it is best for going for some drinks and lounging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceSuzieDined on 5/30/2014Music was way to loud, I like music but trying to eat dinner and hold a conversation was rediculous. Power blanked out a few times maybe it was too much with the downstairs lights & blasting of the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Red Lantern is the best spotSomeoneVIPDined on 5/30/2014My first time going to RL what a great sushi bar. The venue manager was very nice showing us around and explaining the menu too. Can't wait to go again ! If your at Foxwoods and looking for great food this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeNanaWasTheSitterDined on 5/25/2014Everything was great. Our server could have been a little more attentive, but the other wait staff stepped in and picked up the slack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and other delightsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We live nearby and enjoy the food, specialty drinks and wine menu. The atmosphere is great and always friendly staff at bar. All the food is well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Romantic Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014We found the Red Lantern CT the perfect romantic spot (especially in Foxwoods...which can be hard to find!) Loved the food and the food came out fast which was great! Really loved it!Special Features:
- Just okayjlk0511VIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was not very good and music was very load. I couldn't even hear my wife talking to me!Special Features:
- Came for the "Tuna Tempura"...HunskisDined on 5/9/2014Their "Tuna Tempura" sushi roll...a fried spicy tuna roll with Masago and Spicy Kabayaki is VERY unique & a muct have! So...we came for the Tuna Tempura...we stayed for the Chicken Fried Rice! The "Chirashi Naruto" wrap/roll with Salmon, Tuna, Hamachi, Cucumber & Habanero Ponzu is also a MUST have!Special Features:
- DisappointingNYCFoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Was really excited to have dinner in what appeared to be a cool place but it was nothing more than a facade. The sushi rolls were mostly rice and nothing special. The rock shrimp appetizer was so small it was like eating bait. The pork filled grief dumplings were OK. Mostl offensive was our table was sticky from layers of grease that you could even smell. Try someplace else
- Excellent!CatzDined on 5/4/2014Lobster rangoon and sushi were delicious. My friend ordered Broken Lobster -- HUGE pile o' food! She said it too was very good. A little bit pricey but not unreasonable so.Special Features:
- dinerDined on 5/4/2014I reserved this restaurant at 5:00 to give us time for a relaxed dinner before our 7:00 show. We went for a glass of wine while waiting. As I had not finished my wine I carried it to the restaurant where they confiscated it. We ordered 2 appetizers and one main dish, letting the waiter know that we were sharing everything. Our appetizers came within a few seconds of each other, and our main dish came immediately. We complained that we were in the middle of our appetizers. Our waiter apologized and promised that he would have a new one made when we were ready. The main dish reappeared as soon as appetizers were cleared. It was obvious that the dish was not re-made. The fish was dry around the edges and the vegetables were soggy.
- Great dining experience.Breadman25Dined on 5/3/2014We met our adult kids there for a special occasion, the food is always an experience, we loved it. Also, the service was truly amazing. The server was fun, on the ball, hot food, great drinks. We love your place. Wishing you all the success. Keep it up.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!bighairedmamaof4Dined on 4/26/2014Red Lantern is absolutely amazing!!! The food was divine and so flavorful. The service was outstanding. I felt like royalty while dining there. The music was upbeat and made me enjoy my dinner that much more. If you're looking for a fun and memorable place to dine with food that will never disappoint Red Lantern is your place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceFoodieDined on 4/26/2014The food was amazing but service was very slow, half the group did not receive their entrees until half way through the meal. Overall though I would absolutely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The was bad..mfacusseDined on 4/26/2014The service was great and friendly, but the food was dry, unseasoned, nit properly made. Additionally, despite repeatedly making the mistake and being corrected the person service the food (not our friendly waitress) keep giving our food to the wrong table.
- Great food and atmosphereSeanDined on 4/20/2014The staff, ambiance, and food were absolutely delicious. Have been wanting to try this place for a while and finally made reservations and I was not disappointed. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- wicceannDined on 4/18/2014Wouldn't have tried this if not for Travelzoo, food is good but pricey compared to other resto-bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MeeshDined on 4/13/2014Well worth it! We got the pu pu platter and a sushi boat for two and it was amazing! Our waitress was great and extremely knowledgable. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.