Red Koi Lounge
317 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Red Koi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redkoilounge.com/
- Phone: 3054462690
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Rangel Suarez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: LIVE SUSHI STATIONS For an unforgettable, interactive experience, Red Koi offers a live sushi station complete with sushi chef and assistant preparing all of your guests" favorite sushi, nigiri, and sashimi.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating your birthday, planning a bridal shower or looking for a place to host your corporate happy hour or special event; choose Red Koi Thai & Sushi Lounge! Modeled in the refined style of Japanese minimalism, Red Koi offers the perfect ambiance to host private functions for groups of all sizes. In addition to our standard menu selections we can create custom menus to suit your party"s needs. We have had the pleasure of hosting a variety of events for distinguished local and national customers and we look forward to making your event delightfully memorable. Our dedication to service and excellence is apparent in each event we plan. The planning process can be as short as a couple days to as a long as a few months via email and meetings on location. If you are interested in planning a private event or would like more information, please contact Ricardo Blasco at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Missi 3054462690
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Monday-Friday from 4pm-8pm all drinks half off. Buddha Jazz on Wednesdays from 7pm-10pm, half off select bottles of Wine and Sake. Karaoke Klub on Thursdays from 9pm-1am, where 2 Red Koi Caps are raffled off, drink specials all night. Live DJs on Friday/Saturday from 10pm-2am.
A word from Red Koi Lounge
A symbol of endurance and perseverance, the Japanese koi fish also represents love and affection. At Red Koi Thai & Sushi Lounge, we channel this energy and passion into our culinary creations, décor, service and ambiance. Red Koi Thai & Sushi Lounge, located in the heart of Downtown Coral Gables, marries the exciting flavors of authentic Thai cuisine and exotic sushi creations all within a laid-back, yet sophisticated atmosphere. The bottom floor of the restaurant is a chic dining area modeled in the refined style of Japanese minimalism. The second level of the restaurant is the signature, candle-lit lounge area, offering comfortable lounge seating, a full service bar and full menu service. Serving up delicious lunches, decadent dinner entrees and stellar cocktails, Red Koi Thai & Sushi Lounge is the perfect destination for trendsetters seeking a unique dining and entertainment experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Red Koi Lounge - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Red Koi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing FoodBaya22Dined on 8/15/2014Our food was delicious, but the service this time around was not great. We had to ask for things numerous times before finally getting it. I have never had a bad experience with service except for this weekend so I'm hoping it was just a one time thing. I would definitely go back again because as I said before...the food is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE DINNERJeffDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable dinner during the week. Without knowing it, beer,wine and appetizers were 1/2 price... nive surprise. The Service was excellent. The server was very informative, especially when we told him that my wife was a vegan. The Food arrived hot and tasty. We will return for more meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinaDined on 7/25/2014Amazing little restaurant on miracle mile not many around like thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014outstanding suschi. The flavors and combinations were second to none I had every tasted. Brown rice option was great!. The presentation was beautiful and the service was fabulous.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and serviceAlexVIPDined on 7/10/2014The Lobster Roll is amazing. They have also a great selection of beers and wines.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Red Koi Lounge reviews archive.
- Great Asian Restaurant.HeadhunterDined on 5/18/2014Great restaurant with a good selection of Vegan dishes. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Quiet lunchVinrodDined on 5/2/2014Since I went for lunch the place was quiet and very enjoyable. Service was excellent and the food as good as I have had in the past.Special Features:
- Dependably good foodMariTFVIPDined on 4/4/2014You can always count on a good meal and fríendly service.Special Features:
- Fresh FishRnRFoodiesDined on 2/5/2014The most important thing in any sushi restaurant is fresh fish and Red Koi didn't disappoint. We ordered the boat for two and every single piece was fresh. Tables are close to each other and the place is kind of loud, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacemarkDined on 1/26/2014Sushi is excellent. You got to try the Gables Roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch timemadiestanDined on 7/13/2013Came her for lunch... would recommend more for evening as the decor fits more of an evening scene... dark reds.. beautifully prepared food, all very colourful..Special Features:
- Red Koi DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/13/2013I had heard the food was great at Red Koi & was excited about having lunch there during Restaurant Week. Our order was taken, we used the Restaurant Week menu, our drinks came (Thai Iced coffee & iced tea- overly sweetened) & then we sat for 45 min. & saw other tables that arrived after us getting their meals. I asked to speak to the manager & explained that 45 min. was too long to wait for appetizer(duck buns0. She said they took a long time to make. If that was the case, either don't offer them on your special menu or come over & apologize for them not being ready. Within 5 minutes the buns were out, the pad thai (extremely sweet) then arrived & desert arrived almost before we had chance to start the pad thai. Bad service & food.
- The food was great, and ourINSGDined on 3/23/2013The food was great, and our server was excellent. Attentive, without being at our table constantly. The support staff was excellent as well, getting additional sauces and napkins quickly and with minor disruption during our dining.Special Features:
- Great meal at a good price.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Great meal at a good price. My wife & I chose to eat outdoors as it was quieter. Service was very good, staff were courteous and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- BEST restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013Food, service and ambiance was GREAT!We had a great experience, thank you.Special Features:
- Best sushi in Miami/GablesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/16/2013Red Koi is my husband and I favorite sushi place, we go there weekly if we don't make it physically out to dinner we order take out or delivery! We highly recommend Red Koi! The sushi is awesome, fresh, the quantities of the sushi rolls make red koi better from the rest! The ambiance is wonderful, the employees are the friendless people! Missy and David are awesome! Go there!Special Features:
- was my first time dining atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012was my first time dining at the Red Koi, i went with relative from California and the food and the service was really good. my relative asked for sweet shrimp which i never had and i was impress the restaurant had it, since is not a regular Japanese dish all restaurant have.Special Features:
- Re-Red KoiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2012Held three person business lunch meeting at Red Koi. Waiter was good - much improved from last visit. Food was again very good. Oddly enough, the restaurant hostess continues to have spatial problems. Tables and chairs do not allow for uninterrupted passage for waiters or guests. This is a little frustrating and reminds me of my previous visit. The tables are so close that the hostess/waiter bumps your chair or table while seating others, taking orders or serving food/drinks. Best sushi...but give me a little breathing room, please.Special Features:
- Bad bad food mo taste. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/13/2012Bad bad food mo taste. Service all over the place. WAiter made easily 5 mistakes plus plates where late snd out of order Party of 8Ma mess
- SEEing REDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012Red Koi is a worthy sushi establishment. We will return for the sushi which was delicious but we will be prepared for the lack of quality service from the door to the floor. The "foodrunners" were the most attentive. The hostess and our waiter were unable to identify and correct common errors. A part of our dinner conversation including looking around at the other tables for amusing tidbits - no napkins (ha, ha), no silverware (ha, ha, ha), no 2nd drink because the waiter did not return to take a second drink order - that's when we stopped laughing and started to see RED...but the great sushi is to be applauded! We will return for the good sushi and pure, unedited comedy of errors of the hostess and the waiter staff.Special Features:
- Delicious Duck Pad ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2012I came here tonight for an intimate dinner and the sushi offerings as well as the Duck Pad Thai were excellent. The service was also outstanding, our server was both prompt and attentive. This restaurant will be my new go-to for more upscale Japanese/Thai in the Coral Gables area in the future.Special Features:
- I had the massaman curry whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2012I had the massaman curry which was delicious. My friend had the pad thai, which I hoped was better than when I tried it from their food truck. The pad thai was not very good, so I don't recommend that dish.
- It is a great place for forPacoVIPDined on 8/15/2012It is a great place for for Thai and Japanese food. They have live music on wednesdays and a nice happy hour selection. RecommendedSpecial Features:
- They serve one of the "best"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012They serve one of the "best" shrimp Pad Thai's" in town! And, service is ALWAYS outstanding!