Red Hill Station
803 Cortland Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Red Hill Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redhillstation.com/
- Phone: 4157570480x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: thursday - monday nights 5pm - 10pm
Lunch hours coming soon!
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Taylor Pedersen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Wine
A word from Red Hill Station
Red Hill Station is dedicated to making its Bernal Heights neighbors feel at home, while serving the best that California farmers and fishermen have to offer. More than just a neighborhood restaurant, Red Hill Station is a destination for the freshest and best seafood and oysters on the hill. Owners Amy Reticker and Taylor Pedersen each have over 20 years of experience in the restaurant business behind them. They opened this cozy, 36 seat restaurant in their own neighborhood because Bernal Heights needed oysters. The seafood served at Red Hill Station is guaranteed sustainable and traced from harvest to table ensuring it comes from a renewable source. To complement their menu is an environmentally friendly and locally-sourced beverage program of 4 beers and 4 wines, all on tap. Come join Amy and Taylor in charming Bernal Heights for a meal that is bursting with freshness, flavor and sustainability!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Red Hill Station - Best Restaurants in Bernal Heights ›
Red Hill Station reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (15)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)romantic (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- another excellent bernal restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014wonderful dinner: outstanding service, comfortable atmosphere and excellent food. Five of us shared several very unique and tasty appetizers and salads, as well as the mussels (super), then five of the mains. The oyster pot pie and the clams were particularly over the top.Special Features:
- Disappointing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/17/2014Went here after reading rave reviews. Food missed the mark although promising enough that I will try again. I had the squid salad. Squid was grilled to perfection but over salted. The fig vinagrette was great but the lettuce had been grilled with too much oil. My dining companion had fish and chips. The batter was too thick and browned. The fries were very thin and again over done. Would come back and try the oysters, and some other fish dishes just because it would be grand to have a good neighborhood fish restaurant. But my meal will have to be quite a bit better for me to try a third visit.Special Features:
- Great findchiharveDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful new restaurant, with emphasis on fish and seafood. My dining companion said that it was the best linguine and clams that she has ever had.Special Features:
- Terrific neighborhood findMaggieVIPDined on 8/15/2014A great addition to the Bernal group of restaurants. Small menu but a great menu. Welcome to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- I've (re) found my favoriteAmyandTomDined on 8/14/2014We live in the Castro, and have long-enjoyed Anchor Oyster Bar - especially for the creative and tasty entrees. I quickly learned to simply ask the server, Amy, for a recommendation - and then simply sat back and loved the dinner. A few months ago, both my favorite chef, Taylor, and favorite server, Amy left - and we stopped going. Yesterday, we ran into a friend, who told us that Amy and Taylor had opened their own restaurant - way out on Cortland! So, that same night we took the long bus ride out there, and (re) found our favorite restaurant. We had mussels in a citrus-herb broth, a delicious Caesar salad, a terrific seafood linguine, and a perfectly prepared black cod with faro and seared peppers and tomatoes. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealytinsfDined on 8/10/2014A truly delicious meal. We had oysters, tuna brochettes in a harissa sauce, and the linguine with shellfish and capers. Every part of the meal was exceptional. The space is small and intimate, and the vibe is totally Bernal. What a great addition to neighborhood favorites (Moki's, Vega, Piqueos). We plan to go back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodProturaVIPDined on 8/10/2014I've been here twice the both times the food has been stellar. The caesar salad is unparalleled - it rivals Zuni cafe; the linguine with seafood and tuna or sausage is also amazing. and the oysters are nothing to shake a fist at.Special Features:
- Getting thereChocoDined on 8/9/2014They're new, so they're still getting things worked out. It is primarily a seafood restaurant. The two dishes we had were excellent--my salmon was possibly the best I have ever eaten. However, it took them a long time to get the food to the table, even the salad, and the two main courses arrived at different times. They were very apologetic and gave us free glasses of wine to compensate for the wait. It's a friendly, informal place that serves very good food. I'm confident they'll get the service problems figured out.Special Features:
- Good Value - UniqueLocal93921Dined on 8/8/2014All three in the party were pleased. Stuffed artichoke starter was fun. Lingcod fish and chips with shoestring fries was great. Seafood pasta with cured tuna was unique and a great change from your average seafood pasta. Where else but seasonally at Duartes Tavern in Pescadedro would you get anything like whole deep fried whitebait with pesto dipping sauce. As a SF native son, a fishereis biologist and sportfisherman myself, I know a good fish joint. This is it. Great value for SF Bay Area, especially in the City. I'd be going here at least monthly if I lived nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RecoJPoneDined on 8/7/2014Food was excellent. Homemade pork sausage meatballs, oysters and linguini w/clams, mussels and tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBarryVIPDined on 8/3/2014Simply outstanding! This fearsome twosome who left Anchor oyster Bar to start their own dream have exceeded all expectations! It now is one of our new regular dinner choices which is by best compliment for a foodie in SFSpecial Features:
- Fantastic New Seafood RestaurantILuvSeafoodDined on 8/2/2014It's great to have a restaurant like this in the area. Great menu with really fresh ingredients, and everything tasted amazing. Fresh oysters and clams were amazing, as well. The ambience is great, easy too talk, not too formal but not too loud, very comfortable. I'll definitely be back.
- Nice addition to the 'hoodAredubVIPDined on 8/2/2014Red Hill Station is off to a good start. The service was a little erratic, but the food more than made up for it. I hope the menu expands, though. They only offered one appetizer and one dessert when we went. The menu was also short on vegetables -- our entrees didn't include any. However, we were able to get the vegies that accompanied some of the entrees as a side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, success impacts serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014Had a reservation and still had to wait about 30min standing in the middle of the restaurant (which is not the biggest place to start with). We then had to wait quite a lot to get our food. Still, it was worth the wait. The oysters were very fresh and tasty. Main dish was ok for the price and san Francisco standards, and our friends liked theirs. Overall good experience and I would recommend trying it out if just to get out of the beaten paths in the city. I hope the owners will adjust their service to enable a better experience on the long run.Special Features:
- Best of BernalLazySurferDined on 7/22/2014This is easily the best restaurant Bernal has had in years. Very simple, clean, straightforward fish and seafood preparations, beautifully executedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High hopesachiappanzaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Red Hill is in a spot that has had unsuccessful restaurants (Tinderbox then Blue Star Elephant). But this was better than both of those and we have high hopes. All seafood, all tasty. Locally owned.Special Features:
- Great Seafood in BernalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Fish was fresh and beautifully cooked. Nice ambience in cosy space with friendly attentive staff - out group had a great evening and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Oysters were very fresh and excellent! The wine by the carafe was delicious and a nice touch too.Special Features:
- marvelous seafood in a local spotLT49Dined on 7/18/2014Bernal Heights storefront once a Thai restaurant, the quality here is hardly as local as that descriptor would suggest. Owned by the last of a family of eleven, this restauarant features a menu of five fish/bivalve dishes and one steak. Caesar salad is especially delicious with a lovely mustardy sauce with a handful of bay shrimp. King salmon with accompanying torchi (pasta) also was made more tasty by a similarly appealing somewhat piquant sauce. Trout looks like salmon but isn't, also lucious. And, get your fresh Tomales Bay oysters here while still possible. Service including owner is tops; crowd swelled past 7:30 and with it noise level. All in all though, I think as exciting a new find as there is in town. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem.Dboy5446Dined on 7/7/2014Very excited to have a sea food spot to open in the neighborhood. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. After some chatting and discussion over menu we picked a few thing under the staffs recommendation. Clams were really fresh. The fish was amazing. And whatever you do.....don't forget to get the Caesar salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a neighborhood gemmeredithDined on 7/7/2014I don't want the secret to get out, because then I'll have trouble getting in for dinner, and this is a place I'd like to visit often (even though it's not exactly my neighborhood). The food was delicious. I recommend the fried anchovies appetizer, the trout in butter sage main dish, and the candy cap mushroom creme brulee for dessert. We also ordered the carafe of pinot blanc wine which paired nicely. I noticed some great local beer choices on the menu too. Great overall value as well. Ambience is nice but very casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerShoreDined on 7/7/2014Three (out of three) of us had wonderful meals. Service was great and friendly. I have already recommended this place to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food and they can handle my gluten free allergy. Wahoo!!! I will visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bernal5Dined on 6/22/2014We were a party of 5 and had the private room which was great for talking. I was a little afraid we would be forgotten back there but we weren't. our service was warm and professional, the food outstanding. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- fishfoodmavenDined on 6/21/2014Dinner superb. Fisg exactly as I liked it. Veggies perfect. Will be a regular.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Red Hill Station reviews archive.